It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FED is a serious scam. When is something going to be done about it?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
BTW, collecting interest on a bank account helps the bank more than it helps you...With "fractional reserve banking" practices, they can loan out 90% of your money to someone else, charge them whatever interest on that loan & only fork about 3% back to your account. With increasing inflation & the rising cost of living, you're actually losing money by relying on your savings-interest.

Excellent point. But I was thinking more in terms of investments in stocks or mutual funds, etc. The measly 2-3% the bank gives you isn't worth it.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
If you truly want to do something.
1: Pull all your money out of the bank!
2: Pull all your money out of the stockmarket, mutual funds, IRA's, bonds and any type of investment. (Cripple wall street)
3: Sell everything you own and pay off all your debts, cut up your credit cards, pay off your mortgage.
4: Live within your means, stop being slave to the lender.
5: Move out of big cities and into the country and become self reliant. ( Why do you think the media constantly makes fun of rednecks & hillbillies? Cause they don't need the gov't & don't believe the lies therefore the gov't wants to demonize them so they can be dealt with and not suffer public backlash..Ruby Ridge, Waco, etc.)
6: Store your excess wealth in Gold & Silver, rare gems & jewels.
7: Wait for the economic collapse cause it's going to happen. Not just the U.S. but all members of the IMF with U.S. dollar reserves. (Detainment camps are being set up in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, as well as America) The gov't is preparing for something big. The U.N. wants full control.
(The worlds creditors consider people with birth certificates as common or preferred stock and will enslave you if they get their way! If not economically then by force). Your labour has been pledged against the debt. The debt is massive.
8: Pray!

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
Move out of big cities and into the country and become self reliant.

Heh...This part may not be as hard as you might think, if you know or can learn how to do it. If modern-day hunter/gatherer societies are any indication, they "worked" an average of 4-5 hours per day & have the rest of their time for leisure/religion/creative ingenuity/etc...Some of that extra time may be spent to construct ways to make the "work" even easier, in time! The work may be harder than you're accustomed, but after a while, you can get accustomed.

The hardest part would be getting set up to make such a drastic move...And make sure to check up on Fed & local laws about "settlers" before you go anywhere.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Some info from new book I'm reading: "Secrets of The Temple" by William Greider. It's about how the FED runs the country.....and it's about 800 pages...a bit of an ambitious choice....but anyhoo, here's a paragraph from the beginning:

The Federal reserve System was the crucial anomaly at the very core of represenative democracy, an uncomfortable contradiction with the civic mythology of self-government. Yet the American system accepted the inconsistency. The community of elected politicians acquiesced to its power. The private economy responded to its direction. Private capital depended on it for protection. The governors of the Federal Reserve decided the largest questions of the political economy, including who shall prosper and who shall fail, yet their role remained opaque and mysterious. The Federal Reserve was shielded from scrutiny partly by its own official secrecy, but also by the curious ignorance of the American public [sheeple]."

Makes me want to go on.......but it will be a slow read...

Peace!

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Sorry about that last post....it wasn't very easy to read. Let me give it another go:

The Federal reserve System was the crucial anomaly at the very core of represenative democracy, an uncomfortable contradiction with the civic mythology of self-government. Yet the American system accepted the inconsistency. The community of elected politicians acquiesced to its power. The private economy responded to its direction. Private capital depended on it for protection. The governors of the Federal Reserve decided the largest questions of the political economy, including who shall prosper and who shall fail, yet their role remained opaque and mysterious. The Federal Reserve was shielded from scrutiny partly by its own official secrecy, but also by the curious ignorance of the American public [sheeple]."

source: "Secrets of The Temple" by William Greider

I'm going to dive into this book and should have new information to add here as I go. But it is exactly about what this thread is about...the FED and how the people that run it truly run the United States and many other countries!!

Be back with more as I read on......

[edit on 26-10-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
It seems the problem really started in the US during the 1970s. There were two big oil price increases created by OPEC (or by the FED). In 1973 and 1974 oil prices quadrupled and then they were again doubled through 1978 and 1979 (remember those nice lines and odd/even days, etc). Prices were at $1.25 in 1979...amazing when you think that it wasn't too long ago we were paying the same price.

This massive increase in the price of oil obviously caused an increase in the price of anything and just about everything Americans bought and sold. Prior to this period, most Americans bought within their means. My dad for instance, always paid cash for every car he bought and he bought a new one every three years or so. Prior to this period, people weren't the credit-crazed indiviuals that most are today (sadly...but much to the happiness of the world banks).

This oil problem came at the same time as an abnormally high inflation rate in the US. This is what mainly killed any chances Carter had of being president for another term....but he certainly wasn't to blame. He went on a firing spree of most of his cabinet...but the damage was already done.

This serious problem with the economy in the US touched off a huge turn of events. Most people went from buying within their means to purchasing on credit. Many Americans slowly went into serious debt...financial ruin for some. One person remembered earning $25,000 per year and being given a credit line of $7000 by Sears. People became less and less focused on the future and became more and more focused on what they needed NOW.

This was created by the world's major banks. The same banks that run the FED. They took advantage of people and thirty years later we have an America where the average citizen has a net worth of -$10,000...yes NEGATIVE $10,000.

source: the same book: "Secrets of The Temple - How The Federal Reserve Runs The Country" by William Greider. I will post more as I feel the info has some merit!!

[edit on 27-10-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
More on topic:

The supposed sacrilege of men who created money was a constant theme in the most virulent tracts attacking the FED. One of them, "The Federal Reserve Hoax," written in the early 1960s by Wickliffe B. Vennard, Sr., explained, for instance, a dizzying series of historical connections between money and Democracy and Christian faith, the death of Christ, the assassination of Lincoln, and the Federal Open Market Committee:

"When our Lord and Master defied them by upsetting the tables and casting the money changers from his temple with a whip, He knew full well that within a week He would be nailed to a cross on Calvary....Abraham Lincoln, whose rash defiance [of bankers] cost him his life, saved this country billions in interest, because the money was not issued against debt as that issued by The Federal Reserve System.....This book is aimed at the Sanhedrin of today - the 12 men who control this country from behind the scenes."

This is from the same source I mentioned earlier....it's a long one!

[edit on 30-10-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The Mass media brainwashes us with the idea that we need all of this crap. Materialism and Secularism are used to distract us.

I need this car. I need those clothes. I need this house. Etc....

This is all just a ploy to get us to enslave ourselves to our debt.

Its a real shame....

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
We are discussing this in another thread...

www.federalreserve.gov...

What do you think about this report?

I have few questions and thoughts but I want to see what you guys say first.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViewFromTheStars

I think it's too long.
I think I'll wait till the movie version comes out.
Unless you want to summerize and share your thoughts on it...

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   

That report comes from the website of the FED? What do I think of it? What would I think of the Warren Commission Report if it was written by the assassins? Oh wait...it was written by the assassins.

Why would I trust any information that the FED puts out about themselves??

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I read that Wesley Snipes is about to take on the IRS, he is currently in Africa working on a movie and the IRS will charge him as he hasn't filed in about 6 years. He knows there is no law requiring him to pay an income tax or file a 1040 so he is busy preparing his case. Hopefully he will be able to bring some publicity to this fraud.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I read that Wesley Snipes is about to take on the IRS, he is currently in Africa working on a movie and the IRS will charge him as he hasn't filed in about 6 years. He knows there is no law requiring him to pay an income tax or file a 1040 so he is busy preparing his case. Hopefully he will be able to bring some publicity to this fraud.

Most excellent. I heard about the tax evasion situtation with him. It will be interesting to see how it plays out! Interesting for all of us.....

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Remember in one of my posts from the threads that discuss the Fraud of Income Taxes, I stated that Citizens who live & work within the boundaries of the 50 States are not liable for paying Income Taxes? At the end of this post, I've linked a list of what threads I have marked about this topic.

This is all true, but that statement relies entirely upon the official "zoning" of American Land. I should explain that, at the Supreme Law Firm (linked below), Citizens who are employed by the Federal Government are considered to be under the jurisdiction of the Federal Government...This means that they are not working within the boundaries of the 50 States & therefore are liable to pay their Income Taxes; This is referred to as being under the jurisdiction of a "Federal Zone." Other People who would be subject to Income Tax on their Labor also include those who live & work in US Possessions & Territories, as well as those who live/work in foreign countries but are subject to US jurisdiction (such as diplomats in US embassies).
This is entirely a matter of jurisdiction & has no bearing upon people who are Citizens of their State (ie: simply put, Citizens who do not fall under jurisdiction of the Federal Government); Citizens of State jurisdiction are legally defined as a "Citizen of One of the States United"--This is a very precise definition.

Source: The Federal Zone: Cracking the Code of Internal Revenue found at the Supreme Law Firm.