It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

freemason's signs of recognition

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
i tried a lot searching the web but i found nothing, i thought i'd post it here.
can somebody tell me about the signs that make the freemassons know each others.
i know there is something about chaking hands but there should be a lot more ....
can anyone help me???

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I'm curious as to which web you searched, as the 'secret' modes of recognition are out there, and fairly easy to find. You'll also find a load of false-positives... but you should be able to find *something*.

That said, I've never found those modes of recognition to be all that useful... let's say, for sake of argument, that you are right and a handshake is one of the signs. If it's a really odd and flamboyant handshake, it would be too noticeable by outsiders. If it's subtle, it would be next to impossible to distinguish in a crowd.

Most masons rely upon a ring or car medallion to identify themselves. I for one have a large square and compasses tattoo on my forearm, where it is plainly visible to all. If someone sees such an item/mark, and says "Hey, I'm a mason too!" it's easy enough from context to tell if they really are.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
well hobes i tried to find these tips on the net but i really didn't.
anyway i know those signs are secret but i think if you know them u'll be able to know if the person in face of you is a freemason...

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
don't they ask each others secret questions also. you can find vids where people who claim to be freemasons, show there signs and hand shakes etc...

but one of the main things is the questions and phrases they would say to someone they would think is a mason. if the person was not a mason they would just think the person was talking about something else.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Yes, they can be used as a strict trial to see if the person in front of you is a mason, yes... but would you go around subjecting everyone you meet to such a trial?

The process goes something like this:

1) You meet a person.

2) You suspect, for some reason, that they might be a mason.

3) You exchange modes of recognition to 'prove' that you are each masons, and that you can converse as such.

Now, the most difficult part, by far, is #2. The 'modes of recognition', in my experience, don't really help much with that phase. A ring, tattoo, or car medallion does.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
don't they ask each others secret questions also. you can find vids where people who claim to be freemasons, show there signs and hand shakes etc...

Such things do exist, but they are not uniform, by any means. I've found some nifty secret questions and phrases on the net, but when mentioning them to my brothers, they give me a blank stare - they've never heard them before. What good is a mode of recognition that the folks in question don't recognize?

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
i just learned new things,... interesting
it will be better if i can find what are these questions....
if i find something i'll post it here....wish me good luck

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
if you say this is not uniform.... i won't search
ok i'll get to the point;
i want to know why freemasons always think i am one??????
i thought it should be something in my caracter, the way i speak....i don't know

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I'm sure that, unless you are a mason, you'll never actually find out.
All the information released to the public, is total disinformation.
Unless you are initiated, you'll never truly garner the ways to discern another mason.
At least, that's what a mason friend of mine told me, and the way he said it, I totally believe him.
Don't beleive the stuff on the history channel and the like, it is willingly misleading...

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PARADISEVIEW
i want to know why freemasons always think i am one??????
i thought it should be something in my caracter, the way i speak....i don't know

Are you a good, upstanding, honorable member of society? That would probably do it.

That said, the ratio of masons to non-masons is small enough that I would never automatically assume some random person I meet is a mason, regardless of how they act. But it could be that they are looking at you and your character, and thinking that you would make a good mason.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by wu kung
I'm sure that, unless you are a mason, you'll never actually find out.
All the information released to the public, is total disinformation.

Bull. Like I said, over time the 'secret modes' have all been leaked out, and are freely available on the net.

But the qualities that make one a mason are not handshakes or code phrases. It's all about being moral and upstanding. Some folks will never understand that.

Unless you are initiated, you'll never truly garner the ways to discern another mason.
At least, that's what a mason friend of mine told me, and the way he said it, I totally believe him.
Don't beleive the stuff on the history channel and the like, it is willingly misleading...

Sounds like your friend is of the mind that the modes are still secret and always will be. Wishful thinking, on his part.

Sounds like you have a lack of understanding of what we are all about.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
well sometimes (to tell the truth 2 times) i've been asked why i'm not comming to the ceremonies......

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Sounds like your friend is of the mind that the modes are still secret and always will be. Wishful thinking, on his part.

Sounds like you have a lack of understanding of what we are all about.

I absolutely have a lack of understanding.
There is no shame in claiming ignorance of a subject that one is truly ignorant of...
(sorry if that came out snotty, that totally wasn't my intent. I was trying to be sincere).

But another question:

Doesn't a masons understanding of the symbology directly correlate to the level at wich he presides at?

(and about my friend, he never said anything about magic or sacrifices or any of that stuff, that kind of reputation upset him because he specifically stated that they are not that kind of organization, and again, I believe him. In fact, he was very adamant about the organization being about being an upstanding, moral person. Also, he told me it was about brotherhood, without sociological borders. Am I close? Or was he just messing with me?)

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   

well sometimes (to tell the truth 2 times) i've been asked why i'm not comming to the ceremonies......

So the truth of the matter is you want to learn the "secrets" so you can go to the ceremonies...even though you know you'd be lying to them and it would be fraudlulent for you to impose upon the Freemasons by pawning yourself off as one? Is that it? Otherwise why would you really care what their secrets are?

If you're looking for the real "secrets" this is a conspiracy forum and not a "let's give out the Masonic secrets forum" There are plenty of those, though.

Good luck.

'course when you find out enough secrets to get you into the Lodge room, beware. You may not know enough secrets to KEEP you there.

[edit on 11-7-2006 by Appak]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Hobbes I thought masons mostly used their "Masonic passport" for recognition when traveling to other lodges, is this true for both US, and England?

Paradise View you should be able to find the grips and the password easily on the net. (see link below) Most anti-mason site have them (gaiaguys, freemasonrywatch). However they are taken from a Masonic manual (I doubt these guys are real mason or have ever been) and they don’t give you the complete clues, that is you don’t know what question to ask. But you will get the grips and passwords you are seeking.

It is due to the Order that its meetings should not be disturbed by the intrusion of persons who do not contribute to its support, or to the furtherance of its humane design, and whose motives in seeking admission to its halls would be impertinent and ungentlemanly. The clew to the Sanctum Sanctorum is, therefore, purposely withheld.

www.sacred-texts.com...

Out of respect to the masons on the board, I won’t post them. Besides not one them, (even the more liberal ones such as ML) will confirm or deny any of them because of their oaths.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   

i tried a lot searching the web but i found nothing, i thought i'd post it here.
can somebody tell me about the signs that make the freemassons know each others.
i know there is something about chaking hands but there should be a lot more ....
can anyone help me???

they are all right...you may be able to find out enough to get you INTO a lodge but it's not a good idea to get into one and then let us find out your really not a mason...you wont stay for long that's for sure.

Here's my question, if you are not a mason WHY do you want to know our secrets...what gives you the right to know the secrets i hold true. that way i can tell who is a mason and who isnt...same thing with the marine corps. if you claim to be a marine and your lieing i'm going to break your face. go ahead and claim your a mason to me and let me find out your a lier.

the fact of the matter is that you have no right whatsoever to those secrets, modes of recognition, or whatever you wanna call them. if your not a mason you dont deserve them.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   
umwolves123 I’m also interested in those secrets. I’m interested in the secrets simply because they are secret. I also like reading rituals. And I have no intention of ever intruding when members are meeting as a Lodge. Call it curious.

I also like comparing the rituals of OTO, GD, Illuminati and Masons. Lately I’ve met an ex-Mormon and I enjoy the similarities there as well.

EDIT:
These results are partly you guys’ fault. (masons on board) From reading countless of your posts breaking down and explaining the concepts of Masonry to new members fresh from their freemasonicwatch adventure, I’ve become curious in the subject. Then Cug’s posts made me curious about OTO as well, and on and on…

Also the statement by ML a while back that there are secrets beyond the secret, (a lost secret) has risen my curiosity even more.

[edit on 12/7/06 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Does anyone know if the Masonic mode of recognitions are protected by law as trade secrets? What about OTO's? (similar to college fraternity rituals)

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
Does anyone know if the Masonic mode of recognitions are protected by law as trade secrets? What about OTO's? (similar to college fraternity rituals)

a VERY good question....actually they are protected by what you would call "masonic law". should a brother mason reveal the secrets of masonry "unlawfully", or another brother masons secrets (murder and treason accepted), it would be known as unmasonic, and they would be subject to a masonic inquery. kind of like a small trial. if found guilty though the worst punishment is to be banished from masonry though.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   
easy guys,
first i have nothing against freemason, i admire them , i admire the way they help each others, and the way they survived to all the attacs of ignorant people...
second i don't have the intention to go to their ceremonies (unless i choosed to be a freemason and i'll go as a new member)
it's not in my habits to put my nose in things that are not of my buisness

i just thought if i knew their recognition signs, i'll know why they consider me as a freemason.

i think what i'll do is to ask them next time i meet them , if i get an answer i'll post it back to you

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join