It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

freemason's signs of recognition

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
"Got a light?"

"No, but I have a dark brown overcoat." hhehehe

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
You know, sometimes you should read the whole thread before you post.

I'm just sayin' it would have helped me today.

EDITED: to remove idiocy by Driley.

[edit on 12-8-2008 by driley]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Sorry to tell you this mate, but why would a mason tell you there ways of communication, as it the same thing to them as your bank pin number, so unless you are one you will really never know, but as someone has posted below, some were ID: rings and pins etc, but that only lets a mason know that they are a mason.
then there are the grips, passwords, and gestures, all need to be correct, and if a non mason ties them and dose it wrong, then i am sure you will be the one looking like a twit.

as it takes a wile to decipher the meanings in the craft, and they are our world wide passkey once you get to a master mason.

i wish you luck on your quest

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
the only thing secret are the signs handshakes and modes of recognition, and as a matter of honour i can nottell you them, but even as a DeMolay we have signs, tokens and handshakeS to distinguish each other as brethren. now why you would want to know these things without being a member is a question i would like answered, but the easiest way to know if someone is a mason JUST ASK THEM. my dean at my college and i were standing outside smoking one day and him being an attorney i asked him if he was a mason and he responded "no but i'm a few other things" well i'll tell you this the moose lodge is growing more and more

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Hobbes

yes there is a handshake for free mason identity but its not a sure sign its like a hint and if the person catches on then the two people will converse and depending on what is said etc; then they can tell if someone is a free mason. i am not sure exactly how the handshake goes but i knew someone (well i still know them) who was a free mason and he said he'd show me the shake with someone so he shook there hand. and i couldn't tell what was difference, he swore on his life he was showing me the shake, and i wasn't surprised i couldn't tell, as you said it is most likely very subtle.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by PARADISEVIEW
i tried a lot searching the web but i found nothing, i thought i'd post it here.
can somebody tell me about the signs that make the freemassons know each others.
i know there is something about chaking hands but there should be a lot more ....
can anyone help me???

At a public gathering stand with your heels/hells togeather, toes at right angles to form the square. Your hands behind your back to form the compass.

Then wait for someone to introduce themselves.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

a VERY good question....actually they are protected by what you would call "masonic law".

I have a question. I have read a few times in books of fiction that Masons hold being a Mason above every other identifier. For example, in one book, one army took prisoners of war from another army. A higher ranking officer who was a Mason recognized one of the prisoners as also being a Mason. From that point forward, the officer did everything he could to help the prisoner. It didn't matter that he was the enemy. Can you explain why it is (assuming that the work of fiction portrayed this accurately) that being a Mason is held to be higher than any other identifier?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aislin
I have a question. I have read a few times in books of fiction that Masons hold being a Mason above every other identifier. For example, in one book, one army took prisoners of war from another army. A higher ranking officer who was a Mason recognized one of the prisoners as also being a Mason. From that point forward, the officer did everything he could to help the prisoner. It didn't matter that he was the enemy. Can you explain why it is (assuming that the work of fiction portrayed this accurately) that being a Mason is held to be higher than any other identifier?
We've sworn never to in anger strike a brother Mason, among other things. There are all sorts of stories I've heard, most of them likely legend rather than fact... Sam Houston not killing Santa Anna because Santa Anna gave the Masonic sign of distress. That's one tale, though there's no evidence that Santa Anna was ever a Mason.

Another I heard was about a Union soldier getting captured by the Confederate army during the Civil War. Turns out the Union soldier had received his first two degrees in Masonry, but had not yet gone through the Master's degree when he enlisted. Word from his lodge got to his captors and one night he was taken from the stockade, dressed in his uniform, and raised to the degree of Master Mason by the men who had captured him as an enemy. Rumor is, he escaped shortly thereafter... whether they let him go or not is a matter of speculation.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by umwolves123

What gives you the right to communicate in secret. Let's say your in the courtroom and the Judge and yourself are masons, which is almost a certaintywhen it comes to the Judge. You give the signal the judge responds by showing you favors. Or for example your on trial the District attorney is a mason and because he can recognize other masons, mormons(which was started by a mason), rosicrutians or Jobs daughters, or Eastern star's or any other psycho-cult member. He loads the jury. But you are unaware and get the screwing of your life. Freemasonry is UN-American. Freemasons are New World Order compliant Nazi Satanist. If you are not a mason, Do NOT EVER TRUST ONE! Ask them who is JAHBULON? Masons agressively try to destroy the lives of non masons. That my friends is the big secret.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by wu kung

OK, yeah, so, I'm a Mason. You can find everything about Freemasonry on the internet. It's also been in the Library of Congress since the beginning. There are literally a million ways to tell whether someone is a Mason or not, generally by certain questions asked. Some questions are very common that all Masons are familiar with, other are more obscure because there are so many Masonic Organizations out there, and they all have thier own different signs and such. All Masons go through "Blue Lodge", the first three degrees, so the references to those degrees are what all Masons know.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I just ran across this message board by accident...but it has my attention. I'm 22 years old and 2 weeks ago i was "raised" to master mason. Though I would never reveal what i earned to learn. But I will say, that all states are different. There is always a slight little way something is different. I have not really dug into finding out secret questions, but im quite sure your wasting time trying to find them out...I learned from being "raised" that masons will decieve people to thinking there is all these little secrets. When quite truthfully there is none..There is however secret handshakes. different for each degree. It is to find a mason in the "dark" as well as the light. And yes, its ver descreet. Unless you know EXACTLY what your looking at you wont be able to tell anything out of the ordinary about it. Along with the handshakes there is a secret word. Then there is the "ALL POWERFUL haha" secret word of master mason. You will never hold any of this dear to you unless you become a mason. Plain and simple. Like I read earlier though, dont go into masonry being materialistic. Go into to better yourself. If your stuck up and just wanna find out your little secrets than you decieved yourself and masons that you are a good man. 2B1 ASK1

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
My Master's Pass-grip is automatic, these days... everyone gets it. The Profane simply don't recognise it for what it is. So, yes. It's pretty dang subtle.
But it remains useful in the dark, as well as in the light between Brothers. At least as a Conversation-starter

One of the deeper 'secrets' (and no... I don't expect to be missing useful bits of my anatomy for giving it out) is that you should treat ALL Mankind as potential Brothers. If you can meet your fellowman, whatever his place or station, with the same equanimity you use with your Brothers in Lodge, then you can call yourself a true Master Mason.

The lessons themselves aren't really all that earth-shaking... most of us learned them at (or sometimes OVER) our mothers' knee. Yet we Masons, by our degrees, learn and teach them as a shared experience... a Tradition. The Grips and such are simply ways of assuring oneself that there is, indeed a shared experience.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
And yes... there are subtle differences in each Area, District, or Province. A really tip-top Tyler can likely tell where you're from simply from the answers you give-- this is one of the joys of Membership... travelling to areas where the Work is different from your own, but still easily recognizable.

It isn't so much the answers you give, as the way you present them, I think. Of course, a Dues Card (or a valid Demit) is essential, however good your Memory Work. In my 25 years as a Mason, I can't recall an instance where someone non-qualified has tried to get in. It may well happen... but never in my presence.

WHY anyone would ever want to sneak in is really beyond me. Could it be for our kick-ass Chili Recipe ? Or to know our Utility Bills ? Or simply because they're meddlesome busybodies that want to be in on Everybodys' Business, no matter how insufferably boring it may be ?

It's really MUCH simpler to just JOIN. Then, you can join in the debates about single or double-ply toilet-paper, who's going to mow the yard, and when we should schedule a bulb-change... without knowing yourself to be a fake (which is really bad Karma).

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkwolf57

but what about the sacrificing of the virgins, and the worshiping of the evil leaders? When do you take time for that? Before or after the "paying of the bills"?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
but what about the sacrificing of the virgins, and the worshiping of the evil leaders? When do you take time for that? Before or after the "paying of the bills"?

Before or After? Reminds me of the age old question;

Mary Ann or Ginger?

Both.

Duh.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I've recently watched The Man Who Would Be King, at the suggestion of a member here on ATS. I was quite surprise to see an altered version of the one mode of recognition uttered by Michael Caine to the Kipling character.

As many of you no doubt know, Rudyard Kipling was a Freemason.

Quite interesting.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
I've recently watched The Man Who Would Be King, at the suggestion of a member here on ATS. I was quite surprise to see an altered version of the one mode of recognition uttered by Michael Caine to the Kipling character.

As many of you no doubt know, Rudyard Kipling was a Freemason.

Quite interesting.
Have you seen the recreation done by The Master's Jewel?
www.mastersjewel.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Thanks JN. Those actually look quite nice.

I bet this one gets taken out of context a lot. lol

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

I always kind of figured you for a Mrs. Howell kind of guy.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
rosicrucian, wicca, or similar ancient cabbalistic ritual....witchcraft basically, which is what present day kaballah is, and where freemasonry originated. The 1st freemason was tubalcain, and if you know your history, he invented metal working. tubalcain is also the name of the passive grip I learned in the 3rd degree scottish rite. the normal grip at master mason is mahabone, the lion's paw grip, to symbolize raising up one another.
When you get to the 32nd degree, the higher ups get you informed about what's really going on. Freemasonry is a religion, and Jesus Christ, the name Yeshua, is forbidden in every lodge I've been to and I joined in may 1993. I quit freemasonry during the process of illumination, while I was going through the final step. It is a five step process with the final step being called "union", where you literally go through a ceremony where you unite your soul with lucifer, the grand architect of the universe. There are 3 royal secrets. All master masons know the 1st one, about 1 in a 1000 the second, and only the global elitists or 4th generation or higher freemasons who have made it to atleast the sublime prince of the royal secret know and practice the 3rd. Here are the 3 royal secrets.
1. All paths lead to God, which is in direct violation of Christianity, in which Jesus Christ proclaims,"No one can come to the Father, except through me."
2. Freemasonry is a religion and we worship the devil, jahbullin, AKA: lucifer, baphomet.
3. the OTO, which is Crowley's brand of freemasonry, we achieve immortality through immorality. In other words, sodomizing humans, particularly children, will steal their youth and make it ours, and the more humans we sodomize, the happier our master becomes, and thus, enriches our life with more success and prosperity in our life on earth. Hope this helps. Its all conversations between Worshipful Masters and Senior Deacons speaking on your behalf as you are kneeling at the altar.
WM=Worshipful Master SD= Senior Deacon
WM: Brother Senior Deacon.
SD: Worshipful Master.
WM: Will you be off or from?
SD: From.
WM: From what and to what?
SD: From the real grip of a Fellow Craft to the pass-grip of a Master Mason.
WM: Pass. What is that?
SD: The pass-grip of a Master Mason.
WM: Has it a name?
SD: It has.
WM: Will you give it to me?
SD: I did not so receive it; neither will I so impart it.
WM: How will you dispose of it?
SD: Letter or syllable it.
WM: Syllable it and begin.
SD: You begin.
WM: Begin you.
SD: Tu
WM: bal
SD: cain
WM: Tubalcain, my Brother, is the name of this grip.
Hope this helps.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join