It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Zarqawi Dead

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
In reality, this is good news for Iraq's people more than the US. This guy had no problem killing innocent people, so all the anti-US military haters who claim innocents are being killed by the US, can now rejoice that at least the other innocent killer on the other side is at least dead.

My only fear is in these next 2 weeks, the Iraqi people may see a lot of bombings in retaliation for Zarqawi's death.

Nick Berg's dad seems to forget that Zarqawi had a lot of hate in him before the invasion of Iraq even happened while spending time being the kingpin of his cell block.

This is a great thread and news story to find out who the irrational posters are on ATS. Good to see some are showing up.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Was watching all this on MSNBC, when a flash at the bottom of the screen said "Bush said that this will 'turn the tide' in the war on terror"... Huh? Oic, so we were actually losing then in reality prior to this? Or in other words, the tide used to be in the "insurgent's" favor? I mean sure, there are arguments for both sides on who was winning and who was losing, but this little statement sure adds a nice touch of reality assessment...
As usual, we are forced to read between the lines. Why can't anyone just give it to us the way it really is anymore?

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
My first thought on hearing this news was "hes dead again?"
He has been reported dead before.Looks for real this time though.
I then sat down to eat my lunch and was put right off it by being confronted with the sick trophy photograph,tastefully mounted and framed,on sky news.Why is it OK to view the corpse of a butcher on lunch time news,but not OK to view the corpses of women and children? I object to these trophy death photos,it is not a civilised practice.
However I pray that his death is enough to diffuse the insurgency so that our soliders from USA and Britain can come home.They deserve it,big time.Worryingly a guy from Iraq was on the news saying his death could actually attract the shi ites towards the insurgents,as zarqarqwi was a shi ite hating sunni nut job.If that happens,i feel gutted for our troops,coz they must all be buzzing at the moment.I hope it was sunnis who grassed up zarqarwi...they can`t all be like him.
I hope the pentagon are not at this moment working on the next bogeyman to replace al zaqarwi,in order to keep their perpetual war plan on track.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Souljah,

I find the things you say far more interesting than the topic and I’m just starting to get a handle on different individuals here at ATS. I’ve always been interested in what motivates people’s actions. A couple of friendly questions so I can understand your POV on this topic better.

Are you a US citizen? European citizen? Middle Eastern citizen?
Are you Muslim?
Is this an anti-government thing or an anti-Republican thing?
Do you believe that Islamic extremists don’t exist or pose no threat to us or is it an anti-war stance in general?
What is your solution to the current problems in the Middle East?
Even more important, do you consider yourself an anarchist?

I am neither implying anything with these questions or judging in any way. Just trying to understand how opinions are formed more clearly. You would consider me part of the “black and white” crowd as I tend to be very pragmatic in my views.

I do not see how faking this death would in any way benefit Bush or Blair as it would surely be exposed in short order. As we have seen time and time again the government is incapable of keeping a secret and Bush’s people are particularly unreliable in that regard. Why would Al-Qaida lie about his death? What would UBL have to gain by faking this mans death?

Since we have no information regarding where Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was standing (or sitting or lying) when the bombs struck and since we don’t know how accurate the placement of the bombs were in relationship to his exact location; how could anyone know how badly to expect the body to be damaged or undamaged? Wouldn’t claiming the body was destroyed beyond recognition be more suspicious than laying it out for the whole world to see.

Do you think it was wrong to kill this self confessed butcher of his own people? If so, why? Were his atrocities justified?

I look forward to your replies

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
After reading the 911 thread and realising that the US administration does not always tell the truth, I was begining to think perhaps its all a lie.

After seeing the fake aircraft attack footage, I am convinced that it was demo charges and thermite. I believe that the core of the building was concrete too.

And its not really Zarqawi. Its a grey that they had at 51 it has been genetically engineered to look like Zarqawi and its DNA is faultless. It is a cover up job.

Zarqawi was obviously an agent and his job was done. They now need him on another project.

*sniff* Ismell black ops here.

Better lie low for a bit.......I think their after me

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Seriously though good work. *round of applause*

Just a shame they could not have put him in shackles and away to the bay.....

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Per Major General William Caldwell someone inside the al-Zarqawi network identified the Deputy Emir of al-Qaeda in Iraq, Abu Abdul Rahman al-Iraqi. They were then able to follow him to Zarqawi again and bomb.

Again??? Did he say they followed him again?

Today an al-Qaida statement an confirmed al-Zarqawi’s death, and was signed by Abu Abdul-Rahman al-Iraqi

If they followed him there, how did he survive the attack and sign the statement?

Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki announced on TV that the $25 million bounty would be honored, but did not elaborate.

Who gets it?

Within hours after the attack the Iraqi PM annouced that the 3 open security positions on the Iraqi cabinet have now been filled.

The delivery of such precise intelligence was more than likely facilitated by Iraq's Sunni political leadership. It is no coincidence that Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki presented the candidates for the ministers of defense, interior and national security following the announcement of al-Zarqawi's death.

The death of al-Zarqawi represents the first real concession delivered by the Sunni political leadership to secure its political standing in the country. His elimination also serves as a catalyst for developing the U.S. exit strategy in Iraq.

Did the Sunni political leadership give him up?

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Rest in Peace - al-Zarqawi - Fighter for a free Iraq

[edit on 8-6-2006 by Angelwithsoul]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angelwithsoul

............and may all of the other butchers of innocent women and children die a similar horrible death. May they all taste a piece of the suffering and pain they have dished out to the decent people of Iraq. May he and all like him join their kind in Perdition. May all of his supporters and appologists join him as well.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
All that talk and cheering about Zarkawi but non of the woman and a child killed. They are not important. They are just another 'collateral damage".

I find this lack of compasion disturbing.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
About damn time he perished.. IMOHO he is the one person responsible for most evil in the world, at this time.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
All that talk and cheering about Zarkawi but non of the woman and a child killed. They are not important. They are just another 'collateral damage".

I find this lack of compasion disturbing.

Not a word about all the innocent people's deaths this butcher was responsible for? Where is the compassion for them? Not a word about how many innocent lives his death may have saved? Where is the compassion for them? Are you "Al-Kaida"?

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Its odd to see everyone in the news saying that Zarqawi is the 'super terrorist' of Iraq, or that he's the "General Patton" of the insurgency, etc.

Absurd. He's, at best, the 'Emir' of Al Qaida Operations in Iraq, not of all religious extremists, and clearly not of all anti-government forces in Iraq. He's a pig, clearly, but not the cornerstone of the insurgency. The Pentagon even admited to inflating his reputation. Its a success that he's dead and apparently his cell was taken out with him. There are lots of other cells. There are lots of other militias.

Originally posted by Angelwithsoul

The man, at best, was a small time thug who killed innocent people based on their religion. His ilk is why Iraq is under occupation, and its why the US will remain there for the long term.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
They are just another 'collateral damage". I find this lack of compasion disturbing.

Are you serious? How many other innocents have died because of this guy? Killing him, and some innocents in the process, is better than letting him live, and letting him kill many more.

Besides which, who is to say that this woman wasn't part of his cell? Even if she never lifted a finger to shoot a gun, she could've been part of their organization. Why should people completely unconnected to him be permited to die, in order to protect her and this kid?

And, you don't detect a little bit of irony in bemoaning the lack of compassion over those two, but not over the innocent people zarqawi targeted and murdered???

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I have been all over the TV looking at the faces full of satisfaction and content with the death of the so call the biggest treat to the US and coalition forces in Iraq, specially our soldiers.

Still I wish I could feel good with such a good news . . . taking in consideration that Zarqawi was portrayed as the nemesis of the work toward democracy and stability in that region.

Iraqi people should be rejoicing and so far I have seen some dancing in the streets . . . but at the same time this new development in the war on terror is going to be exploited for political reasons.

So far Iraq’s wave of violence that has become their way of life after US invasion is as active as usual with Mr. bad man number one or not.

This new accomplishment will serve it's purpose and that will be to work the American people toward who to vote in the next elections in November, meanwhile the Iraqi people may still have to suffer from retaliation along side our own soldiers.

Good news . . . perhaps for the politicians and the present administration that doesn't have to be in Iraq right now.

For the rest of the people and our soldiers in Iraq well . . . the next few weeks will tell. . .

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Existent or not, his death will bark no subordination to this insurgency in Iraq and civil strife. The man was an exagerated character with a suspect history and his death will hopefully not be taken as a positive step in Iraq, but as a realization that Iraq has become a bloody scar to start the 20th century.

Luxifero

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
People,

I've got questions. For you guys, and for myself, in my own mind.

First of all, of course, all that has been written in this thread, and in other threads about Zirqawri, is am presumming has been merely the opinions of everyone. This is because I find that it is most probable that none of us (I can speak for myself 100%) is or has been inside the inner circles of the defense department, or in the inner circles of the Iraqi Leaders that are in ca-hoots with top levels of our government. In other words, I don't believe that any of us really knows anything about this man, other than what we have seen/heard/read in the news. I think that since we pretty much know that there is much "top secret" or "classified" stuff that goes on behind the scenes that is not reported on the news anywhere, and that we are not told of many of the strategies used both in the war against terror, both so that the "enemy" doesn't find out, and so that IMO only we, the US citizens don't find out what is really going on, so that we can be manipulated by the government.

I don't know if I'm doing a very good job, but I am trying to show that I am not just blindly anti-government, or think that the news does not always report the whole truth, etc... but that I have adopted these beliefs due to what I see and hear and read day by day.

So, if any of you have read some of my past posts, you are probably aware that I am not particularly impressed with this president, I think the war is/was wrong, and I have my doubts about most related things that come out of the mainstream media. It is hard for me to believe things that are hard facts when presented as: "Top level officials say..." "In a statement issued by the Pentagon..." "According to Military Officials....." and so forth with no sources or other way to back up what is reported.

So, the same goes for Zarqari. I have seen a supposedly five year old picture of a man of Middle Eastern descent shown repeatedly, and reported to be of Zirqwari. Recently, there was a newer one, I believe. But, to me.....so what? I'm sure that that photograph is of a real man. His name well may be Zirqwari. But did he do all those things he has been accused of? How could we possible know. They say so in the news, we see portions of Rumsfeld or other Pentagon Officials stating that he did. But, they could say anything they want. How can we check to verify the legitamicy of what they say? AFAIK, we can't.

Did this man personified and named whom the photo belongs to do actually do these things on his own? Is/was he really an Islamic Extremest? Is he a man of Middle Eastern descent who is actually an American who may work for the CIA, or other branch of US government, and is being used to "put a face" on teror, so that it is easier for people to be afraid of someting that they have "seen". Is he maybe just a phychological weapon of the US government to be used against the general public and perhaps even most members of the Military in order to keep the fear, hence the war going?

I'm sure that it is fairly obvious what my personal belief is regarding these questions. But, my actual knowledge of the answers is absolutely Zero. So, my main question to all of you, I guess, is: For those of you who are convinced that he really was the bad guy he has been made out to be and that he really has just now been killed, (I say that because he has been reported to have been killed before) do you think this because of some knowledge you truly have first hand? Or have your convictions been formed strictly based on what you have heard/seen/read in the media?

Same question for those of us who are either unsure, or absolutely disbelieve about Zirqawri?

Although I have my suspicions, I am open to accept new, verifyable information to the contrary of my current beliefs.

Any input?

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
They also said to have used scars in the identification as well. Im not sure if DNA is an option as could they get a sample.

Um, if they have enough of the body to look at scars, his fingerprints and face, how could they not get a DNA sample?

Oh, you mean a file sample to compare it with.

Well, there are a lot of family still living in Zarqa, some of whom are mourning the guy.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'm curious if this al queda source deliberately told them how to find al-Zarqawi. I wonder if it wasn't an inside al queda job to allow someone else to take up the leadership position. The $25 million reward will be paid.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
So, if Bush get's a bad guy it's a conspiracy, when he doesn't get bad guys it's a conspiracy? Reminds me of my quotes in my sig.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join