It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Zarqawi Dead

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
i know people are supposed to stick to the subject at hand but politics will inevitably overflow into every discussion in one way or another. it is not supposed to but it always ends up that way.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I have no problem with it leading to other dicussions, but leave political bashing out of it. It has no place here. I feel like some people need to just log onto PTS because thats where these comments belong. I stay off of PTS to get away from political bashing. I have no problem if this topic went to talking about the iraq war in general then like al qaeda and its roots, but not whether liberals are behind the effort to disprove his possible death.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I am going to believe that he is dead. I cannot possibly know if he was the true leader of the insurgency or just a figurehead for the movement. Regardless, his name was associated with the insurgency and he was removed from power.

Will someone take his place? Absolutely.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Huh????
Two 500lb bombs and he survived- however short?????

Hey Dude - that is what Super-Terrorists do!

Even without a Leg, you can easily evade Air Attacks and surivive 1000pounds of explosives being dropped on your head, while the entire habitants of that house are so dead, nobody even wants to show them. But a Super-Terrorists is Alive, and running Away - haven't you heard?

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Well, some reports say he was in the basement of the house, some say he was outside, which could explain how he remained alive for a brief period of time. Its rare but stranger things have happened. Here’s an article that covers this topic pretty well. And Souljah I’m pretty sure the one leg thing is wrong.

Link

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
A good friend of mine,s father survived a huge car bomb blast in Beirut,He was in their third floor appartment, only to die hours later as it was found the compression wave from the blast ruptured internal organs whilst not leaving a mark on his body

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
seen this article today

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was clinging to life when Iraqi and, later, American forces arrived at the scene of the bombing that killed him, a US general said yesterday, revising his earlier account of the Al Qaeda leader's death.
Meanwhile, other circumstances surrounding the killing remained cloudy, including why US forces did not move in immediately after the bombing to see whether Zarqawi had survived. Iraqi police were the first to arrive.

Zarqawi was lying on a stretcher at the scene of the bombing, in a village about 35 miles north of Baghdad, when US forces arrived and tentatively identified him as the wanted insurgent leader Wednesday evening. He mumbled something indistinguishable and tried to move but was restrained, according to Major General William Caldwell, a US military spokesman in Baghdad.
SOURCE

so there are conflicting reports as to wether he was alive or dead when the forces went in after the bombing. and also about who was killed with him

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Has anybody heard what will be done with Zarqawi's body? Where will it be buried? I don't remember ever hearing what happend to Uday and Qusay Hussein's bodies, either.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I think the govt will cover his body up

I would like to see an independent report...yanno DNA testing/results. Now I know we are all satisfied with fingerprints and visual ID..but I am not convinced. Only because super terrier Bin Laden is still at large and hasnt been captured. Now, dont reckon he will be captured either...especially as he is the 'scapegoat'. Isnt it funny that he still hasnt been caught???? So much for our intelligence today!
The CIA know where Bin Laden is but they wont take him out because this terror is sooooooooo good for the economy..oh sorry the coalition of the willings economy!

But, the govt (coalition) can catch Al Zarqawi - that guy had been lined up by the CIA for so long...even before he joined Osama!! but they didnt take him out then!! so any rational person is going to ask 'why not?' Why did they leave him to fester and murder??? only to take him out now???

Perhaps if we look at the big picture...the one with Iran in it we might find some answers. Perhaps the US waited until the strategic moment to take him out or stage taking him out. Everyone is raving on that this is such a boost for the coalition of the willing!!

Perhaps the US has got one issue out the way because there is a whole new issue growing in Iran... If you had a friend and he promised to help wipe your asssss and could wipe it big time, wouldnt it be a good strategic move to take the friend out of the equation??

It maybe the end of Al Qaeda but it isnt the end of terror. Terror has just become more localised and now you have some moron wanting retribution and live the dream... and that kind of terror is a lot harder to prevent.

Whatever the coalition of the willing's strategy is, I am sure as hell confident that we dont know what it is!!

lets all celebrate...

[edit on 10-6-2006 by NJE777]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Now, dont reckon he will be captured either...especially as he is the 'scapegoat'. Isnt it funny that he still hasnt been caught????

Well, it would help if Musharraf would be a little more co-operative about letting us set up camp in the mountains.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Well I for one am definitely throwing a "I'm glad he is dead" party.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join