It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Zarqawi Dead

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
And jsobecky,
If someone invents a new peanut butter and jelly sandwich, some on here are going to say it was planned so that the republicans can get elected.

It really is just funny.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Yeah, great timing, eh? The elections are only five months away in a society who can't remember yesterday's headlines.

I wasn't talking about the elections. I meant the low approval rating of the handling of the war. They are probably saving Bin Laden for the elections. j/k

Also being announced today is the Iraqis approving the nomination for security minister, but I don't think that had anything to do with it.

www.cnn.com...

Regardless, we are one step closer to getting out of Iraq.

I think everyone can agree that is a good thing.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
And jsobecky,
If someone invents a new peanut butter and jelly sandwich, some on here are going to say it was planned so that the republicans can get elected.

It really is just funny.

Who says this is about Republicans? I wouldnt flatter them with the attention. Republican, democrat, liberal democrat, labo(u)r, liberal, they are all singing from the same hymn sheet. The timing is aimed at boosting flagging support for the so-called "war on terror". It timing has little to do with US elections as a Democratic president will continue with the police state just as much as a Republican President would.

Entrenched partisanism, what a waste of brain cells.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I'm sorry but I just have to point out the irony of the headline at CNN:

Bush: "This violent man will never murder again"

...because we murdered him!
Call a duck a duck for christ's sake.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
I'm sorry but I just have to point out the irony of the headline at CNN:

Bush: "This violent man will never murder again"

...because we murdered him!
Call a duck a duck for christ's sake.

Yeah I dont get how Tony Blair can condemn "the glorification of violence" when he orders British troops to invade other countries, and then praises them for what they did.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Every time Bush's numbers begin to tank, amazingly something happens that will bring them back up. He has some dumb luck. I doubt this guy will help much though with his numbers, i don't think people care anymore.
I predict by November of 2006 they will have another top guy, maybe even Osama Bin Laden. A week before the elections, Osama will be caught, but not alive. He will be wanted dead. He knows to much. If they get Osama at this time, Republicans would win the elections and Bush really needs the Republicans in. They protect him. He is a God to them. Republicans will follow any ole' fool that promises to lower their taxes, even if he takes the US down.
But now finally "Fox News" will be able to talk about something for two weeks that will make the pres W. look good. I think they have been foaming at the mouth for a "Fox News Alert", and this is really a true "Fox News Alert". Maybe now this guy is dead the terror threat has dropped to a yellow, maybe even green. Now i can walk outside again.
But now bushs approval rating will rise a couple points from 31% to 34%. Boy, he is dearly loved by all.
I guess i should give examples of simular incidents that have brought his numbers back up at a good time. It would be wrong if i didn't.
We can start with "gay marrige", Sadam Hussan, 9/11, other big named terrorist killed, mission accomplished, and what are other good-timing incidents that helped his numbers? Help me fill in the blanks on this one. Thats a good thread.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I watched a press briefing this morning by a military member.

He was asked about the "timing" of the kill. He chuckled and said words to the effect that he wished we were that good, to be able to time a kill with the news of Iraq's new cabinet members.

At one point, they showed a photo of the deceased Zarqawi's face. He stated that the photo was taken after blood and debris had been removed from it; he said there was no point to be made in using other, far more graphic photos, which could only serve to humiliate. A touch of compassion, imo.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Wouldn't it just chaff Bush's rear-end if Al-Zarqawi released a video statement sometime in the 24-48 hours. I could just see it now... Here's Bush's reaction.

Al-Zarqawi: Umm....you missed.

Bush: No I didn't.

Al-Zarqawi: Then how am I speaking to you now?

Bush: You must be speaking to me from the afterlife....tell you what...before you get sent to hell...ask God if he agrees with this homosexual ban I am advising. I'd hate to get that wrong...

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Just watched the video of the bombing run. 2 500 lb bombs were used. Amazing they found his head at all. This won't stop anything going on over there. Al-Zarqawi wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I HAVE A BIG QUESTION.

Why does it matter to you about the Democrat/Republican thing? The fact is this was the top terrorist in Iraq and the Iraqi people won Big! He was killing them at a vicious rate. He wanted nothing more than total civil war. Anybody that stood for democracy was a target.

Why can't you be happy? He is gone!

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I suppose the insurgency should be pretty much packed up by now and heading back for Iran defeated and with low moral. Hurray for the USA.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
i think you will find Jordan played a big roll in the intel. They wanted him dead too. Like I said, this is a gain for democracy. Yes, we win in a small way, but it is the Iraqi people who won.

Spain, who cut and ran, didn't win. France, who was in bed with Saddam and Russia, didn't win. Germany, who has way too many Muslims, didn't win.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I wonder if there is a preplanned activation of sleeper cells based on his death.

If no events occur, then the government can proclaimed that his death has really slowed the terrorist activities or destroyed the organization. It could also mean that he isn't dead either.

Maybe it will just ramp up terrorist activities. The next man in line takes over, and fights the battle his way. I wonder what destructive acttacks are next...

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Just wait the next false flag pre election operation will be directly attributed to ALCIADA anger over Al-Zarqawi's murder. Revenge ....Revenge for the paid provocatuer !. Sure it helps the Neocon cause and creates a patented excuse for the next Reichstag !.....my money is on Labor Day Weekend !

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Well, one would think some would be happy, but alas to be glad about the US military killing a known and verified terrorist, by any standard, is outrageous to some. :shk: I’m glad Al-Zarqawi is no longer around. And by the way, if any video is released showing Zarqawi it should have no merit unless he mentions an event that occurred after Jun 7th.
To the military personnel who made this possible.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Sure he is dead. What do they need him for now. He has no purpose anymore.

"Pentagon acknowledges fabricating a 'Zarqawi Legend'

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Did you by any chance read that thread (all of it)? If so, you would have realized that he was a threat and a terrorists, and very much alive I may add.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
West Point, Still a buyer of the bs I see. This optimism is based on ??????????. I've got some land in St. Benard Parish you should take a look at.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Sorry you are not getting my point.
The Pentagon admits to using al-Zarqawi as propaganda, largely aimed at Iraqis.
Now that this information is out there is no need for al-Zarqawi to be alive.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Just seen an interview on CNN with Nicholas Berg's father (the person beheaded by Al-Zarqawi's group), he said he personal feels no pleasure in this. And that the country would be best served if Bush was impeached and troop withdrawal occurred.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join