It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Satan God, partly God, or not God?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher
It's ok Queen, I forgive him, he does not know better.

Yes, I know these things--and I'm not bullying or even trying to defending you (since I know you don't need it)--and I don't get mad. It's not about me, or you, or for me--but about something else altogether. Honesty.

He seems filled with anger and hatred for some reason, he needs to flush it out and lighten up.

But it must not be that easy, or else surely it wouldn't be as it is...

And we all have our own things to do in life--so please know I understand what you are saying--and I know you are doing your thing--I'm doing my thing!

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
very well put. It's not even close to being about me or you. I forgive people who do not know better because Christ forgave all his enemies. I forgive enemies and in fact, love them as much as my friends. You get a sense of pity for some, and knowing that some people are so lost hurts me because they have a power within them that has not been discovered. I love everyone for their potential, even though they are lost. Im not perfect, no one is, but we can all try to live sinless lives at least. Christ was the example.

Queen, people like you...and I know many of them, give me so much hope. Your saved for sure. All we can do is try to help others. For god's sake of course. I get more satisfaction when I open some people's eyes, more so than when i get my paycheck every week.

Im still a student, and always will be. Sometimes we boast. But as long as we boast in the name of god , then it's ok. I live in New York city and I belieive this is basically satan's lair. Not literally of course. But the temptations here in this city are of the highest magnitudes. I 've seen friends who have gone from innocent souls to materialistic people who live for things that do not exist. Fear is everywhere here. Status, ego and making an impression does not satisfy the soul. They only think it does. Competition is everywhere here. People sell their souls to satan everyday. Simplicity has no meaning here.

But to think of it, you must of suffered a lot in your life, so you were saved. I suffered. Mistakes lead to suffering. I've made many in my past. Thats how we grow. Some people dont learn from mistakes. Maybe because they live around too many distractions that corrupt good character. Bad company corrupts good character. If I recall, I read that in Corinthians. If people dont suffer, they can't open their 3rd eye. It will stay closed, and they will live the remainder of their lives in an illusion.

[edit on 7/3/2006 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
God is only Satan when God punishes, but not the Satan that many perceive Satan to be: independently powerful and full of Earth riches. God uses His Old Testament "blazing anger" when His mercy has been stretched infinitely thin. God controls every part of Satan, always has, always will; never forget that. Also remember that we have received life for free and therefore should GIVE FREELY.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
God is only Satan when God punishes, but not the Satan that many perceive Satan to be: independently powerful and full of Earth riches. God uses His Old Testament "blazing anger" when His mercy has been stretched infinitely thin. God controls every part of Satan, always has, always will; never forget that. Also remember that we have received life for free and therefore should GIVE FREELY.

Sorry, but the misinterpretation comes from Worshipping the wrong God... the jealous one, whom is Yaltabaoth, whom is personified as Satan, which is the unbegotten son, not the begotton one... meaning Yaltabaoth is issued from the Mother and Christ is issued from the father...

Yaltabaoth is the GOD of the bible..... He is the one who created us, and all that is around us, just not what is in us.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher
very well put. It's not even close to being about me or you. I forgive people who do not know better because Christ forgave all his enemies. I forgive enemies and in fact, love them as much as my friends. You get a sense of pity for some, and knowing that some people are so lost hurts me because they have a power within them that has not been discovered. I love everyone for their potential, even though they are lost.

I hear you.

I see God in the eyes of every person. I know if God loves me, then He certainly loves all people (me being nothing special or extraordinary) and I have no reason not to love without reservation (judgment).

Queen, people like you...and I know many of them, give me so much hope. Your saved for sure. All we can do is try to help others. For god's sake of course. I get more satisfaction when I open some people's eyes, more so than when i get my paycheck every week.

That's nice of you to say--I feel the same way. I don't even get a paycheck, these days--but I do work a lot and I don't have anything that I am lacking!

But as long as we boast in the name of god , then it's ok.

No doubt! I want to say, "Look at what He's done with me! He can do anything!!!'

But to think of it, you must of suffered a lot in your life, so you were saved. I suffered. Mistakes lead to suffering. I've made many in my past. Thats how we grow. Some people dont learn from mistakes. Maybe because they live around too many distractions that corrupt good character. Bad company corrupts good character.

At the time, it seemed like suffering--now it seems like copious amounts of blessings!

I think that it's not distractions so much as blame and excuses. Not taking responsibility, within one's self--never owning up to imperfections keeps one disillusioned and seeking for what does not actually exist (success and perfection on a worldly scale).

If I recall, I read that in Corinthians. If people dont suffer, they can't open their 3rd eye. It will stay closed, and they will live the remainder of their lives in an illusion.

Honesty starts at home, I always say. In one of Peter's letters it says '...for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin...'

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I recognize the four beasts as perhaps the Cherubims, but who is the Lamb mentioned here below with seven horns and seven eyes?

"And I beheld, and lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth." (Revelation 5:6)"

And another:

"I am the root and offspring of David, and the bright and morning star." (Revelation 22:16)

Bright and morning star: is that not Lucifer's attribute?

"It ain't the parts of the bible that I can't understand that bother me,
it is the parts that I do understand" Mark Twain.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osbert
Bright and morning star: is that not Lucifer's attribute?

More technically, the name Lucifer was originally just another name for Venus.

Venus is a symbol of love.

So is Christ....

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
You are right of course, Queenannie, Lucifer is the latin translation of the hebrew name Helel Ben-Shakar and you may stretch it to say the it is technically a kind of Venus but the Bible verse says " I am the root and the offspring of David..." which has very little to do with Venus/Aphrodite.

But even if it were a symbol of Love etc.. why didn't anybody inform Isaiah:
Isaiah 14:12 (KJV) "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"

Can it really be a God of Love that says this ?
"And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for such things must needs be; but the end shall not be yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows." (Mark 13:7-8)

Sorry, still puzzled

Osbert+

"No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says, he is always convinced that it says what he means" (George Bernard Shaw)

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osbert
But even if it were a symbol of Love etc.. why didn't anybody inform Isaiah:
Isaiah 14:12 (KJV) "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"

It would be Jerome who was 'not informed,' not Isaiah. Jerome is the one that translated the Hebrew into Latin, selectively.

Can it really be a God of Love that says this ?
"And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for such things must needs be; but the end shall not be yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows." (Mark 13:7-8)

Sorrow is a part of life. Man lives and man sorrows.

He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
(Isaiah 53:3-4)

"No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says, he is always convinced that it says what he means" (George Bernard Shaw)

Excellent quote. What it says is too much for most to fathom--it doesn't fit with their desired view of the outcome.

[edit on 7/14/2006 by queenannie38]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I say tomato, you say tometo,

Talking to you sometimes is as satisfying as nailing a piece of Marmalade to the wall.

thanks for the challenge.

Osbert+

To morrow ? First day of the rest of your life.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Thank you, Osbert.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Burnt Offering

Sorry but you are very close minded,do you see happiness in form of materialism,like a car or a house?You wouldn't believe how happy some people are without those things we call wealth...

Peace

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Im not saying anything but here is what im saying.

The christian bible states that jesus is two people and he has to become one.
It also states, the reason christ was crucified is because he was imperfect at one time.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I think that the word Satan is referring to thought.
Thoughts tempt you, although they are still god, as all is god.
It is thought that tells you that there is something better than this.
Thought tells you that there is something wrong. Then we try to make it better with thought, 'if i do this, or if i do that i can make it better'. But really thought can do nothing but think.
God is every thing and no thing.
This is all gods creation, and that includes us.
Be grateful instead of critical and paradise will be seen and felt here and now.
edit on 2-2-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Where did thought come from, no baby is born with thoughts. Thoughts are of this world where language is spoken. Thought is taught, starting by watching parents, hearing them speak, going to school, we amass so many words and phrases, from the tv and environment. Gathering all this information and storing it away. Does this pile represent you? It is said that about 90% of thought is negative and repetitive. Echos are all they are.
You existed before thought, prior to thought. You are not thought. Thoughts arise are seen and then disappear.
Some thoughts tempt you and lead you a merry dance. See that thought is Satan tempting you to leave the garden of eden and play in the darkness of mind.
The light of life is right here right now, presence awareness. Prior to thought, thought can not live is this light, thought only knows of the darkness. The light shines now, not in the past or the future, they do not exist.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by miracleretiree

What?What is that Bible you are reading?He died for our sins,so we can live free!HE GAVE US A CHANCE!

Peace brother,David

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Satan would seem like a god to us if we were to meet him.

But he is not god, but he did not like the distinction that specified him as not a god,
and so the corruption of his spirit into what we call now, Satan.
edit on 2-2-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by miracleretiree

We all think we are two people, and yes, Jesus message was basically saying was we need to become one. In this 'normal' life, suffering and fear are normal but not enjoyed. It is because without inquiring into how we tick, we do not see that we are operating as at least two people.
We are already one, never more than one, all else is illusion.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AlwaysStoned

So, if he died for our sins, do you live free? What does live free mean to you?
There is no son of god or satan.
It is all god, everything and nothing, the whole lot.
This means there is no room left for any other.
One without a second. I am that.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join