It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Satan God, partly God, or not God?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You all pride yourselves on your knowledge of the scriptures and what they mean, but overlook EVERYTHING Jesus told you... Who cares if Satan loves you or not, or even if God does... Jesus told you to love your enemy... talking smack behind someones back isn't exactly loving your enemy... actually, I believe thinking their your enemy isn't exactly loving them either... Satan made your flesh, God made your spirit and God's son is the love and grace and reason for all existance. Jesus' Love for his brother is stronger than you could fathom, and you have no right to judge a brothers love, any who stand in the way I imagine will get an ear full from Jesus... I also imagine loving the flesh that is inferior would also anger Jesus, it'd be like wearing butter instead of sandals on hot pavement.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dances With Angels
Satan is the excuse human beings make to cover up their own evil. They do something terrible. Then they become such in denial that they can't stand the fact that it was they who did something wrong so they make up something like the devil to cover up for their own misdeeds.

true indeed. I think Id go as far as equating the nature of good and evil to the properties of an atom. Or matter.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
You really sould check Churh of Satan website. There's a lot of misinformation on this thread.

www.churchofsatan.com

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrExtravaganza
You really sould check Churh of Satan website. There's a lot of misinformation on this thread.

www.churchofsatan.com

Not a good site at all. Misinfo? of course...according to you maybe, but everyones entitled to say what they want. I believe our duality is easy to explain actually. Satan is a label. The biggest problem with humans is that the confuse reality with the labels used to categorize reality.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well, it is a good site. You get no better than that in what concerns to Satanism as a "modern" religion. They are the ones who founded modern Satanism.

It's the oficial site from the Church of Satan. They're are the ones who define Satan in modern history/culture (and this is a fact).

They see Satan as a Symbol rather than a Metaphysical Entity.

Check out Wikipedia if you must.

en.wikipedia.org...

Enjoy your reading.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I don't think that the Church of Satan can be taken as authoratative on 'what is satan'. Satan is a figure from judaism, picked up by christianity. 2,000 years after that, the Church of Satan comes around and says 'we'll define it'.

The CoS is good for explaining what the CoS beleives, but thats about it.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I don't think that the Church of Satan can be taken as authoratative on 'what is satan'. Satan is a figure from judaism, picked up by christianity. 2,000 years after that, the Church of Satan comes around and says 'we'll define it'.

The CoS is good for explaining what the CoS beleives, but thats about it.

I would have to agree, until this Satan entity shows up and explains himself... he doesn't have any disciples I know of who walked with him, or anyone who has an account of his doings...

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
I side with partly God as I believe in omniscience, omnipotence, and omniprescence. ... Lord have mercy.

Satan is nothing of God except he is a creation of God's. His claim "I will become like the Most High" was based on nothing more than pride.. (Isa 14:5-20) He was cast out of heaven before Jesus came to earth in human form.(Luke 10:18)

He is not omnipresent, he is not omniscient, he is certainly not omnipotent, and he is not a creator but a destroyer. For a good laughable description of his "techniques", see how he incited the magicians in Pharoah's court who mimicked the plagues visited by God on the Egyptians as punishment for enslaving His people, thereby doubling their own and their peoples trials. (Gen 7, 8)

Neither is he a figure in a red suit with a pitchfork and a monster face. He is a beautiful singer, according to the Bible, and the prince of flies (Beezelbub) (what a lovely thought.)

That he is a real presence is clear from his encounter with Jesus in the desert in Matt 4:1-11. There he shows himself well versed in Scripture, just not quite as well as Jesus who is the Word personified

He is called a liar and the father of lies by Jesus (John 8:44) He is the "most cunning of beasts" according to Gen 3:1, though the word beast would probably better have been understood if "creature" had been used to translate it, as it is in some other verses, since he is a "creature", that is a created being, and not an animal like a dog or cat is.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Well, it is a good site. You get no better than that in what concerns to Satanism as a "modern" religion. They are the ones who founded modern Satanism.

It's the oficial site from the Church of Satan. They're are the ones who define Satan in modern history/culture (and this is a fact).

en.wikipedia.org...

Enjoy your reading.

Hold on for a minute, im agreeing with you, but you first must understand what you said. Satan is a symbol yes, created by Vatican like some sort of Marvel comic book character. Satan is the symbol which represents part of Energy's naturual law. Opposite polarities explode on impact creating spirit. Energy is spirit...Satan would be the Negative if we were a car battery.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
It's 'Lord' of the Flies, not 'prince.'

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
It's 'Lord' of the Flies, not 'prince.'

True, my mistake, he is prince of this world, and lord of flies, with both of which he has done a wonderful job of destroying us.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher

en.wikipedia.org...

Enjoy your reading.

Hold on for a minute, im agreeing with you, but you first must understand what you said. Satan is a symbol yes, created by Vatican like some sort of Marvel comic book character. Satan is the symbol which represents part of Energy's naturual law. Opposite polarities explode on impact creating spirit. Energy is spirit...Satan would be the Negative if we were a car battery.

created by the vatican? ..... a negative post on a car battery?.... lol
ur silly..

"Satan" has many names... its like our "human" nick-names... like if I were to call you Joe-Blow, and if thats how I refered to you, thats who you would be to me... doesn't change your actual being or name or personality. Sure it represents something, like Joe-Blow representing an ignorance on my part, kinda like an anonymous/unanonymous name because I am not familiar enough with your character to judge you effieciently..

Regardless of the "CREATION" of Satan... it was and is something that existed before that name...
One thing to keep in mind.. How can you give something a name that existed before you.... wouldn't you have to be told his name first?... unless you were unfairly name calling? It'd be like giving your father his name after you were born.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911

en.wikipedia.org...

Enjoy your reading.

created by the vatican? ..... a negative post on a car battery?.... lol
ur silly..

"Satan" has many names... its like our "human" nick-names... like if I were to call you Joe-Blow, and if thats how I refered to you, thats who you would be to me... doesn't change your actual being or name or personality. Sure it represents something, like Joe-Blow representing an ignorance on my part, kinda like an anonymous/unanonymous name because I am not familiar enough with your character to judge you effieciently..

Regardless of the "CREATION" of Satan... it was and is something that existed before that name...
One thing to keep in mind.. How can you give something a name that existed before you.... wouldn't you have to be told his name first?... unless you were unfairly name calling? It'd be like giving your father his name after you were born.

Yes, created by the vatican . The commercial image of satan with his horns and pitchfork. The same paintings of the virgin mary and pictures of saints...the art, it's basically old school comic book stuff. Like seriously, is there an official picture of the devil anywhere? or Jesus? The images are all created by vatican sanctioned artists...

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
W/out reading to much of this topic...

God created a high and powerfull angel. Name Lucifer, jealous of God wanted to be like him. Actually convinced 1/3 of the Angelic beings to "overthrow God" was cast out of heaven and banashed. His plan is to continue to decieve Gods pinnacle of creation, through whatever means neccesary. He has no power other then that that God allows. See JOB- when Satan comes before God and asks permission to torture Job. This clearly shows satans place in all that is creation, and that is below our heavenly father. He hates us, you know no Hate until you have encountered one of his followers. (Demonic) But Glory to God his final resting place is the Lake of Fire where he and all who are either cold or luke warm go.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
very entertaining indeed. Thanks ! Lucifer... "bringer of light" that is the definition of the name. But the rest seems hokey to me.

Ive read JOB. Satan is his conscience talking to him. The madness in our minds...maybe mine might become overcome by satan after reading so many posts and realizing how brainwashed people can get.

Satan is your half. Half of your consciousness ! The cause of evil deeds. You resist it, the temptation. Thats all satan is...the temptations of nature...our nature. Half. It is why we have free will they say..we choose to follow from a list of 2 paths. We go down the path to heaven...or do we make a decision that will lead us to hell?

[edit on 6/28/2006 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

[edit on 6/28/2006 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
No, all we are fully and totally a mere distorted reflection of of our original state.

Think about how hard it is to do the right thing, whatever that be... staying in shape, telling the truth, making grades. Think about how natural it is to be selfish do nothing but gain more for your own pleasure. This alone should be enough for you to look around and realize that something is wrong with us. We need something and that something is a restored relationship with our creator.

When I speak of man's depravity I mean man's natural condition apart from any grace exerted by God to restrain or transform man. I also realize that man doesn't do as much evil as he could possible do... no doubt that man could perform more evil acts toward his fellow man than he does. But if he is restrained from performing more evil acts by motives that are not owing to his submission to God, then even his "virtue" is evil in the sight of God.

Romans 14:23 says, "Whatever does not proceed from faith is sin." all natural "virtue" that does not flow from a heart humbly relying on God's grace is sin. period. why? The motive is selfish.

Now you might say then, "if we are tottally sinful how do we become saved?"
Men in their natural state do not seek GOd for who he Is.. Men do seek God. But they do not seek him for who he is. Man seeks him as one who might save him from death. Apart from conversion, no one comes to know the true GOD.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   

very entertaining indeed. Thanks ! Lucifer... "bringer of light" that is the definition of the name. But the rest seems hokey to me....Ive read JOB. Satan is his conscience talking to him....

The Book you say you read says that satan came into God's presence and God asked him, "Have you considered my servant Job, a perfect man....who eschews evil?"

Since not once in Job does satan "speak" to Job, there is NO evidence whatsoever for the leap to a conclusion you've made....

If you wanna claim you read something at least get some facts of what you read straight.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by curiousity

very entertaining indeed. Thanks ! Lucifer... "bringer of light" that is the definition of the name. But the rest seems hokey to me....Ive read JOB. Satan is his conscience talking to him....

The Book you say you read says that satan came into God's presence and God asked him, "Have you considered my servant Job, a perfect man....who eschews evil?"

Since not once in Job does satan "speak" to Job, there is NO evidence whatsoever for the leap to a conclusion you've made....

If you wanna claim you read something at least get some facts of what you read straight.

I was referring to someone else's claim that JOB spoke to Satan. I read JOB a while ago, and my point was to explain satan in General. How we are affected by satan, devil, dark half..etc.. through our consciousness. Only through our consciousness. In a sense, satan is the outcome and transformation of a persons life if he/she continuously makes errors, bad decisions, and evil deeds. Eventually, the person will see hell BEFORE he dies.

[edit on 6/30/2006 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner PhilosopherIve read JOB. Satan is his conscience talking to him. The madness in our minds...maybe mine might become overcome by satan after reading so many posts and realizing how brainwashed people can get.

Satan is your half. Half of your consciousness ! The cause of evil deeds. You resist it, the temptation. Thats all satan is...the temptations of nature...our nature. Half. It is why we have free will they say..we choose to follow from a list of 2 paths. We go down the path to heaven...or do we make a decision that will lead us to hell?

You said you'd read "JOB". Do you see any quotes around that statement in your own post? Whether now or 'awhile ago' is immaterial, as is most of what I've read of your sun-baked philosophy.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiousity

And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.
(2 Samuel 24:1)

And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel. And David said to Joab and to the rulers of the people, Go, number Israel from Beersheba even to Dan; and bring the number of them to me, that I may know it.
(1 Chronicles 21:1-2)

Satan, God's anger--same thing!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join