It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Satan God, partly God, or not God?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
It's a guilty conscience that cause people to fear and despise Satan.

You seem to be saying that satan is getting a bad rap. Is that what you are saying? And if it is, define who you believe satan is.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
Ummmm...just to clarify. I didn't really mean anything bad by the term "brainless servant". It's just a way of saying someone who serves God without question.

So what do you call someone who wants to serve God and live for Him?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Dang....I thought I clarified this: A brainless servant.

Once again, nothing derogatory meant by this term. I'm not saying someone who believes in God is an idiot, it's just a term- Someone who obeys God without question- lives for God, etc. Perhaps "slave of God" is a more polite term?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Once again, nothing derogatory meant by this term. I'm not saying someone who believes in God is an idiot, it's just a term- Someone who obeys God without question- lives for God, etc. Perhaps "slave of God" is a more polite term?

Yah calling someone brainless, nothing derogatory in that..................?

slave of God
servant of God
believer
saved
kings and priests unto God

any of these would work

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
You seem to be saying that satan is getting a bad rap.

You have no idea! Really. It would truly astound you to know how justice is set up in God's administration.

Is that what you are saying?

Yes. And I will also say this: 'Satan' loves you far more than you could even love God!
And yet you despise and curse his very existence as an evil we'd have been better off without.
Or am I misunderstanding?

And if it is, define who you believe satan is.

Why should I tell you that?

It's none of your business what I believe--the things of faith I hold within are treasures more precious than even my life and are between God and I and no one else. That is why I do not air them out in public view as if they were laundry drying in the wind--and that way I don't have to defend or explain what is mine and mine alone. It's not like I seek any validation or reinforcement that God is true to me. And it's not who I believe satan to be, it is who I know he is!

BUT most of all:
I have no need or desire to put an extra block in your way by compelling you to feel you should judge me in your heart as 'misled.'

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I am a brainless servant, a slave, a fool, an idiot, anything that will be to God's glory I will do without hesitation!

Slave is exactly the term.

To assume one will be apointed as a priest and/or a king is to take the best seat at the banquet before it is offered--and a direct invitation to be humiliated not only for one's own benefit but for the entertainment and derision of others. Why be the object of ridicule in that fashion? Why not be humbled by an unexpected and undeserved honor? Privately or in view?

I'd rather wash feet, myself--and maybe fan a hot guest with a nice big palm frond!!

Whatever will add to God's wealth, I am happy and honored to do.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I think that this is part of the idea of "National Guardian Angels", which each nation having a "Prince in Heaven" assigned to him. Michael and Gabriel are assigned to Israel (in other traditions, its under the ambit of God himself).

No, its a biblical idea and Michael stands up for the Isrealites but the other 'princes' are merely unseen forces which govern the hand of the current world power's leader. They are the 'heads' and the 'captains of the host.' There are only 7.
And Gabriel seems to be a teacher and a herald, not a warrior--but that is not necessarily the actuality--surely he is a captain of his own assembly, as well.

When disaster befalls Israel at the hands of an enemy, its because that enemies Prince has worked against Israels Prince.

No, it is because they didn't obey God, and so He didn't back them up. They don't see God as being challenged in any way by His angels or anything being able to fight Him if He doesn't allow it.

There is a story about Israel's Prince fighting with the Prince of Persia, and this resulting in Satan beign able to successful accuse Israel with its sins.

If satans' accusations are successful, then they are not accusations but true witness. He is more of an adversary/catalyst/temptor--He knows not to accuse the nation of Israel for crimes they did not commit--only those of His brethren in human form is he allowed to contend with. Such as Joshua and Moses. It is a method of God's instruction, not a sport or true battle in human terms.

Then why the titled "Accuser"? It does seem to be his function.

Actually, that's more of a traditional understanding, the literal Hebrew is 'opponent.'

But both would have the evil inclination and the good inclination.

To you and me, no doubt. But that is not how they think--how they see things and how 'gentiles' see things are worlds apart! They are truly a people who feel they are separate from all other nations by God's authority and there are many reasons--and they keep these reasons to themselves.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   

You seem to be saying that satan is getting a bad rap.

You have no idea! Really. It would truly astound you to know how justice is set up in God's administration.

Is that what you are saying?

Yes. And I will also say this: 'Satan' loves you far more than you could even love God!
And yet you despise and curse his very existence as an evil we'd have been better off without.
Or am I misunderstanding?

WOW, satan a good guy, even though you don't want it you have my sympathy that you actually believe that.

satan loves me?, no he is this:1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

He's an adversary and wants people dead.

Jesus described him as this: John 8:[42] Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
[43] Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
[44] Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Do I believe he is serving a purpose, yes I do. If it wasn't for satan we would not know how far the God of the universe would go to save us, giving up his own life for His creation.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   

WOW, satan a good guy,

There is no one good but God. I didn't say he was 'good' but that he loves you. Good and bad are judgment calls in this case and don't think it is given to you to judge God's methods or His means---including that which is known as satan.

even though you don't want it you have my sympathy that you actually believe that.

I didn't say I believed that. But I will say that I know it is true--I don't say things idly on this forum and I certainly don't say them just to hear how they sound.

But your sympathy is good, I guess--closest thing to mercy you've ever claimed--and if it were ecidenced in your energy I'd say it can only benefit you in the end and not hurt me--so it's a good thing. But I don't feel sympathy coming from you, only derision and self-satisfaction. Your words can't hide the energies that you put forth involuntarily--and the energy is what is true and what really counts, and that is not good for you.

He works directly for God, does only what God wants--does God want you dead?

Jesus described him as this: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Well, that still holds up--satan has never said he loves you, has he?
I said that. Are you going to call me a liar or satan? Don't think that you should--because I am neither. It's not like I was expecting you to agree, consent, or believe it. I was just stating what I know.

What does satan have to do with your sins that you say you are saved from, anyway? They are not his sin's, they are yours.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Satan loves You of course, because without US he would never have had the lessons and would never have seen his brother to hear from his brothers mouth where he issued from...
He(Satan) created us because a HUMAN is the form the holy spirit took to speak to him about his birth-place and about the immortal one who HE had heard was supposed to come and dethrone him.

and Satan said ... come let us make man in our image.. ("our" being him and his servant angels) and so the first human was made, and when the light mixed with the dark it made the darkness shine... they didn't make the body they had, they mixed what they were with the image and created adam.... but adam lay motionless for a long time until Satan's mother (god's counterpart) tricked Satan into breathing what he stole from his mother into the motionless body...

Satan and his angels became angry because when adam awoke they seen that he was more intelligent than they were and they were jealous, so they put adam to sleep so that he might forget, but the epinoia (god's counterpart) sent the holy spirit and created eve, so when adam awoke he might see the holy spirit within eve and be liberated, and so he awoke, seen the essence within her and remembered, now Satan and his angels were SUPER angry.

Now the first Adam, (Adam) of Light, is spirit-endowed and appeared on the first day. The second Adam is soul-endowed and appeared on the sixth day, which is called Aphrodite. The third Adam is a creature of the earth, that is, the man of the law, and he appeared on the eighth day [...] the tranquility of poverty, which is called "The Day of the Sun" (Sunday). And the progeny of the earthly Adam became numerous and was completed, and produced within itself every kind of scientific information of the soul-endowed Adam. But all were in ignorance.

Then, when the seven rulers came, they saw him and were greatly disturbed. They went up to him and seized him. And he (viz., the chief ruler) said to the breath within him, "Who are you? And whence did you come hither?" It answered and said, "I have come from the force of the man for the destruction of your work." When they heard, they glorified him, since he gave them respite from the fear and the anxiety in which they found themselves. Then they called that day "Rest", in as much as they had rested from toil. And when they saw that Adam could stand up, they were glad, and they took him and put him in Paradise. And they withdrew up to their heavens.

After the day of rest, Sophia sent her daughter Zoe, being called Eve, as an instructor, in order that she might make Adam, who had no soul, arise, so that those whom he should engender might become containers of light. When Eve saw her male counterpart prostrate, she had pity upon him, and she said, "Adam! Become alive! Arise upon the earth!" Immediately her word became accomplished fact. For Adam, having arisen, suddenly opened his eyes. When he saw her, he said, "You shall be called 'Mother of the Living'. For it is you who have given me life."

Then the authorities were informed that their modelled form was alive and had arisen, and they were greatly troubled. They sent seven archangels to see what had happened. They came to Adam. When they saw Eve talking to him, they said to one another, "What sort of thing is this luminous woman? For she resembles that likeness which appeared to us in the light. Now come, let us lay hold of her and cast her seed into her, so that when she becomes soiled she may not be able to ascend into her light. Rather, those whom she bears will be under our charge. But let us not tell Adam, for he is not one of us. Rather let us bring a deep sleep over him. And let us instruct him in his sleep to the effect that she came from his rib, in order that his wife may obey, and he may be lord over her."

Then Eve, being a force, laughed at their decision. She put mist into their eyes and secretly left her likeness with Adam. She entered the tree of knowledge and remained there. And they pursued her, and she revealed to them that she had gone into the tree and become a tree. Then, entering a great state of fear, the blind creatures fled.

Afterwards, when they had recovered from the daze, they came to Adam; and seeing the likeness of this woman with him, they were greatly disturbed, thinking it was she that was the true Eve. And they acted rashly; they came up to her and seized her and cast their seed upon her. They did so wickedly, defiling not only in natural ways but also in foul ways, defiling first the seal of her voice - that had spoken with them, saying, "What is it that exists before you?" - intending to defile those who might say at the consummation (of the age) that they had been born of the true man through verbal expression. And they erred, not knowing that it was their own body that they had defiled: it was the likeness that the authorities and their angels defiled in every way.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Our creator? Satan. Sure--no argument with that.... But what about this?

who is the image of the invisible God, first-born of all creation, because in him were the all things created, those in the heavens, and those upon the earth, those visible, and those invisible, whether thrones, whether lordships, whether principalities, whether authorities; all things through him, and for him, have been created, and himself is before all, and the all things in him have consisted.
(Colossians 1:15-17 YLT)

Christ? Lord Saboath?

And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha.
(Romans 9:29 KJV)

Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth.
(James 5:4 KJV)

Saboath? Sabbath? What does it mean?

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The replies to your responses a few posts back should be coming soon Nygdan and queenannie.

Sabaoth? Sabbath?

Sabaoth

Elohim Sabaoth Sabaoth means "army" or "host," therefore Elohim Sabaoth is the army of the Elohim, or angels.

Sababhath The directive intelligence formed by Sabaoth, by the Army of the Voice.

Sabaoth (Hebrew, “tsebha’oth”): An army or host, from Saba, “to go to war.” See Isa. 1.9; Rom. 9.29; James 5.4; translated in the Bible as “Lord of Hosts” or “Almighty.”

The Sabbath is on Saturday, or Saturnday of the Kabbalah(the Seventh Day).

This is the Lead of Alchemy.

The Lead of Saturn that has to be transmuted into Spiritual Gold of the Sun.

Is also related to the Hebrew letter Samech, Satan and Samael.

The letter "S" is said to transmute the seminal liquor when practiced as a mantra.

SA and SAT are related to Willpower and Strength.

AIN, the Absolute, means "Eye" and "Fountain" in Hebrew; and the Sanskrit equivalent is "SAT", the Seity.

Klipoth Seven: Saturn

...That is why related to Saturn, Jehovah Elohim, the Holy Work of the Israelites, is the word Samson = Shem Shaun. Shemsh-aun derives from the Hebrew words -

Shemesh = Sun
Aun = Sexual strength

So, Samson means in Hebrew the sexual strength of the sun
- and where is this? It is in the Stone, Yesod. The solar light is placed in the Stone, thanks to the Holy Spirit. That's why in Kabbalah we say that the Stone of Yesod, which is the Ninth Sphere, is controlled by the Moon, and the forces of the Moon are governed by Jehovah Elohim, the Holy Spirit. So the whole energy of the sun is placed in the earth thanks to the moon - the moon organises the forces. But in the moon we find two forces, the white force that is controlled by Jehovah who teaches chastity, and the black forces of the moon, governed by Lilith, the opposite.

Lilith comes from the word Laila - which in Hebrew means "night." The word Delilah means the night.

So, Samson and Delilah means the struggle of the forces of dark and light within the Initiate who knows the secret of the Sabbath.

Samson was a Nazarene - these were those people that didn't cut their hair or beards, and were consecrating their life to Jehovah Elohim, to the forces of Saturn. That's why Samson was strong, not physically, but psychologically speaking, spiritually speaking. Very strong, the strength of the Holy Spirit, when we transmute, when we are in chastity, that energy, which is solar energy, which is Shemesh, rises in the spinal column and reaches the brain. And this is how the brain becomes illuminated by Intelligence. This is how the long hair of Samson is related with the sexual energy transmuted, when the Holy Spirit reaches the hair, or the long hair, or the rays of the sun on the head of Samson, is the intelligence, wisdom, and understanding. He was almighty, but of course Delilah, the night, cut his hair. How? If the force of Samson is in his hair, which is the rays of the sun, the light, the force of transmuting, it is obviously that by fornicating is how she cut it.

All the strength was out of him - he became blind - he had no more visions, he was no longer a seer, no longer a Kabbalist. He became like anybody. But he was a worshipper of Jehovah Elohim, he knew the secret, he knew the path, but he didn't succeed in the ordeal with Laila, Lilith, the night.

And Lilith are the forces of evil that work in the darkness - they have nothing to do with the light - they enjoy performing evil, the ego.

There is on the Left Hand the so-called Witches Sabbath - in which the witches, demons, sorcerers, etc, gather in order to celebrate the Sabbath, but in the evil way. This is why there was confusion in the Middle Ages, because of the Ignorance of the Catholic priests who didn't know about the secrets of Sabbath, and criticised even the great Initiates who were working with Jehovah Elohim, the Holy Spirit. Of course many initiates were burned, killed, by the "Holy Inquisition" that didn't know anything about the Holy Work with the Holy Spirit.

This Great Work is in relation to the sexual organs, that which we call the Holy Tabernacle, or the Ark of the Covenant, the Ark of Science, the Ark of Alliance etc. This is always referring to the sexual organs. That is why there are a lot of commandments in the Bible relating to sex. There are many people that read the Bible but do not understand it, because they ignore the Mysteries of Binah, Saturday.

So the enemies of Saturday are those who violate the forces of the Holy Spirit

When you polarize with the positive forces of Saturn, then you work in a good way with the occult forces of the Holy Spirit, because the whole work is always performed occultly, in the darkness.

When you pray, you close your eyes and are hidden in the dark. The whole work is guided by Saturn. And whoever is a conqueror is a Lord of Saturday.

That is why Jesus said the Son of Man is a Lord of Saturday. But you have to understand that the Son of Man is an Initiate in union with the forces of Christ working in the annihilation of the ego, and the creation of the Wedding Garment of the Soul, the solar bodies. This is necessary to become Lord of Saturday, and to perform all the miracles, because all the miracles or psychological works are performed on Saturday. This is how Jesus performed many miracles on Saturday. Jeshua, the Saviour, will perform many miracles in you if you keep the Sabbath, Saturday, holy - if you work with the Holy Spirit in the right way.

But the opposite are the enemies of the Holy Spirit - the fornicators

This could be part of the reason why the Al-Khem-ists had to hide their Tantric practices with the symbolism of chemistry; because the Church didn't care to make a distinction between the sexual pratices of the White Magicians, and the sexual practices of the witches and black magicians.

[edit on 22-6-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
NM

[edit on 22-6-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Our creator? Satan. Sure--no argument with that.... But what about this?

who is the image of the invisible God, first-born of all creation, because in him were the all things created, those in the heavens, and those upon the earth, those visible, and those invisible, whether thrones, whether lordships, whether principalities, whether authorities; all things through him, and for him, have been created, and himself is before all, and the all things in him have consisted.
(Colossians 1:15-17 YLT)

Christ? Lord Saboath?

Christ... he is the immortal being, the one who is the cause of the all. Which is Love.

[qupte]

And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha.
(Romans 9:29 KJV)

Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth.
(James 5:4 KJV)

Saboath? Sabbath? What does it mean?

Seven appeared in chaos, androgynous. They have their masculine names and their feminine names. The feminine name is Pronoia (Forethought) Sambathas, which is 'week'.
And his son is called Yao: his feminine name is Lordship.
Sabaoth: his feminine name is Deity.
Adonaios: his feminine name is Kingship.
Elaios: his feminine name is Jealousy.
Oraios: his feminine name is Wealth.
And Astaphaios: his feminine name is Sophia (Wisdom).
These are the seven forces of the seven heavens of chaos. And they were born androgynous, consistent with the immortal pattern that existed before them, according to the wish of Pistis: so that the likeness of what had existed since the beginning might reign to the end. You will find the effect of these names and the force of the male entities in the Archangelic (Book) of the Prophet Moses, and the names of the female entities in the first Book of Noraia.

-----------

Now when Sabaoth, the son of Yaldabaoth, heard the voice of Pistis, he sang praises to her, and he condemned the father [...] at the word of Pistis; and he praised her because she had instructed them about the immortal man and his light. Then Pistis Sophia stretched out her finger and poured upon him some light from her light, to be a condemnation of his father. Then when Sabaoth was illumined, he received great authority against all the forces of chaos. Since that day he has been called "Lord of the Forces".

Now when Sabaoth had taken up the place of repose in return for his repentance, Pistis also gave him her daughter Zoe (Life), together with great authority, so that she might instruct him about all things that exist in the eighth heaven. And as he had authority, he made himself first of all a mansion. It is huge, magnificent, seven times as great as all those that exist in the seven heavens.

Do me a favor... PLEASE read www.gnosis.org...

and
www.gnosis.org...
www.gnosis.org...
www.gnosis.org...
www.gnosis.org...
www.gnosis.org...
www.gnosis.org...
www.gnosis.org...
www.gnosis.org...
www.gnosis.org...
www.gnosis.org...

Hell, read all of these

www.gnosis.org...

Over and over.. and literally, ask for understanding to come upon you, almost cry for it. (do that with any texts you read)

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
Hell, read all of these

www.gnosis.org...

Over and over.. and literally, ask for understanding to come upon you, almost cry for it. (do that with any texts you read)

Thanks for the heartfelt advice, truly. I understand how important it is to you--and it is the same for me, too.

And I've actually read all of those, and many more--the NH and DDS, apocrypha--any sacred text that comes too near to me is going to be seized up and read several times...although I hunted most of them up--they never had a chance!

Sabaoth: his feminine name is Deity.

But 'deity' is not the masculine meaning for Saboath.

Then when Sabaoth was illumined, he received great authority against all the forces of chaos. Since that day he has been called "Lord of the Forces".

Illumined -- 'lit from within.'

The 4th Gospel of the canon says:

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. ~ 1:9

Lord GOD, the LORD's Christ, Lord Sabaoth, Deity (god), authority (chief, head, sovereign), Lord of the Forces, LORD of the Host....

The NH doesn't contradict the 4th gospel, and surely Paul was a true gnostic since he had the spirit and so spoke from the pneuma as well as being able to also address the psychic with the same words but meaning properly suited for that level (which is pretty awesome, considering the difference in latitude between psychic and pneuma).

Considering there are 7 (not servants to one but all are siblings, instead) authorities over chaos and also 7 candlesticks in Revelation representing the 7 churches...

Do you see that the LORD of the canon is the same Lord of the Forces? God the Father in the NT is the Father, but the demiurge is the only LORD that the canon has, both OT and NT. The similarity of Sabaoth and Sabbath are not an accident!

The Hebrews know the LORD to be known by many different names:

• Adonai
  • Ehyeh-Asher-Ehyeh
  • El
  • Elohim
  • Elyon
  • Shaddai
  • Shalom
  • Shekhinah
  • Yah
  • Tzevaot/Sabaoth

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
This could be part of the reason why the Al-Khem-ists had to hide their Tantric practices with the symbolism of chemistry;

The problem was most likely envy--covetousness--the feeling (utterly human and innate to all of us) of feeling 'left out' or 'left behind' or 'lacking.'

I think surely the heart of the matter is not about physical acts but the power we perceive in the idea of turning lead into gold--sublimation--which is translated as making a living soul from an organic (dead) body...

Yehoshua said it isn't what goes into the mouth that defiles, but what comes out from the heart...Buddha said basically the same thing....and it's true. But we usually rely on our human eyes more than we do on our eye that God guides us with...

Historically, it seems instead of learning from one another that which we lack--in exchange for the converse--mutual cooperation in spiritual advancement, the preference evidences as seeking equality with others the lazy way. What I mean is that instead of applying instruction gained from another (which requires humility and is a major hindrance to even start off with) in an earnest and consistent practice with the idea of improving self--we'd much rather just bring the other guy down any way we can....

It's a lot easier to talk a bunch of smack about someone than it is to work on self-discipline and selflessness....

because the Church didn't care to make a distinction between the sexual pratices of the White Magicians, and the sexual practices of the witches and black magicians.

Well, truly what distinction would there be, besides one of polarity?

Whether white or black, any kind of physical love that is born of a true desire and devotion to another--the kind that puts self third, with the other person first, and the relationship second--is going to advance the spirit. And if done for greedy reasons (lust and self satisfaction) is going to turn into that which we call 'evil.'

The problem isn't who practiced what--but that anyone involved saw the need to delineate borders because of things that are not lasting, anyway--things of material manifestation.

It's not the means we use to access and master energies such as love and service--it is the energies themselves, as attitudes, that counts.

The means passes away but the energy is all that remains...that is the nature of 'sin'--being caught up in the mechanism instead of the quality of what's produced.

We all forget that God belongs to none of us, single or group...we belong to Him...in total without requirement. We can't gain His favor or win His love--it's ours before we even take our first breath..

Religion has turned into a much bigger problem than benefit, because it makes us think there is a certain way to seek the emulation of God's character or even worse, because it makes us think death is bad and not a part of life that is circular instead of linear. Making satan into something he's not is just as bad as making God fit into a box. And many religions pretty much do both.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I know I already nagged on you about this but I thought of something else when scrolling by it:

I think the LORD must feel the same way:

Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints. (Psalms 116:15 KJV)

How do you fit that idea into your homemade theology?

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Satan is not what people think - I have some Hebrew references in my articles. Not to toot my own horn, I just like people to read a different perspective.

www.numberman.net...

www.numberman.net...

www.numberman.net...

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   

How do you fit that idea into your homemade theology?

If you read the whole psalm someone was going through a real rough time, so rough it felt like death was coming, it was only a matter of time.

But when you read the whole thing a story emerges, you see that the Lord delivered them from this situation and brought them through it.

What verse 15 means is that to a follower of Jesus(so that we all know what God I am talking about) death is not something God takes lightly. It happens only when God says. Circumstances that appear to us as life ending are in the control of God.

Also there appears to be at least another application to this.

So how does it fit into what I believe the Bible says. Just as it should.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
I side with partly God as I believe in omniscience, omnipotence, and omniprescence. Free will is worse than hogwash; it does not exist. We were preplanned, planned, fated, and destined. We have as much control over our own lives as a possible goal of creating a star or planet.

Lord have mercy.

your first paragraph has nothing do do with the childish question you asked. have you EVER READ the bible at all? if you are capable of reading, in the bible it will tell you that satan used to be one of the more prominent angels of heaven, but he betrayed god so harshly that he was banished to hell for eternity.

man brush up on your bible skills. every kindergardener knows the difference between SATAN and GOD. geez.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join