It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shots Fired at Rayburn Office Building

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cylent_Noize
there may be no connection....

there is currently a banned member. googles bin hijacked

anywayz...he had said he planted bombs and whatnot under tha capitol buidling. if i am not mistaken.

I read that thread. It spooked me when he said he could cause power outages and lo and behold the next day there were and they were in the area where they said his IP addy traced to...the Northeast! Quite spooky.

Edited because I goofed

Edited because I goofed AGAIN

[edit on 26-5-2006 by zenlover28]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
News conference comming soon.

I dont know why they bother. Like we will be told the truth!

Really, is it necessary? It will all be attributed to a car backfiring, or someone cleaning their rifle and ooooops, it went off.

So much insanity. The death of Democracy
I'm still laughing about this one.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
Im not saying they are trying to use this evidence, remember they had it legally for 5 days, anythign in those files can still be claimed to have been aquired within the five days.

Because they had the 5 days to research the file, they really cant say what the FBI did and didnt know.

But, Grim were the files returned? I thought the Pres only requested them to be 'sealed'.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The fact that the FBI filmed the transfer of funds clearly indicates a sting operation.

The money found was in Jefferson's home refrigerator.

The resulting FBI raid of Jefferson's office took many hours.

Mirror images of hard discs, contacts e-mail lists etc and plenty of hard documents.

The implications of who was doing business with who could be tremendous.

Sealed or not, the FBI already knows who's involved or where to look next.

The fact that Bush is protecting Jefferson, Hastert (and others) and the fact that both parties have reacted so strongly to this, fortells of something highly damning.

My guess is that it all has to do with the Abramoff scandal and how widespread the corruption
was.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Found this in the link you posted, Grim:

Bush said the documents would remain in the custody of Solicitor General Paul Clement, who heads a separate office in the Justice Department and is not involved in the corruption probe involving Jefferson.

Okay, need a mod to clean me up over here. Can't figure out what's going on with this thing.

**Fixed it** I think. If not, mods please fix for me. Thanks.

Fixed formatting

[edit on 27-5-2006 by sanctum]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
News conference comming soon.

I dont know why they bother. Like we will be told the truth!

Really, is it necessary? It will all be attributed to a car backfiring, or someone cleaning their rifle and ooooops, it went off.

When will be the news conference? Is it already finish? Any link?

Thanks!

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
MSNBC said news conference to come any minute now.

That could be an hour from now. Anyway, i hope i heard correctly. I'm waiting for it!

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
With such attempts of voracity in getting these files the past week it makes you wonder why they want him shutdown. And shutdown now 'without restraint'.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
which is why I asked where exactly are the files at, where are they being kept?

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
another thing I have to wonder is how could they benefit from being in there?
I mean they may not be able to use anything they find, but it will definately set them off on the right track. They could figure out exactly what needs to be done.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Grim, I could buy the theory, except I sincerely doubt it seems plausible because they were locked up in their offices during the majority of the time. But, hey who knows?! Certainly not I.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Laughing? Why? You NEVER take ANY threat lightly. Especially not one in or near one of the most important buildings on earth.

zen

It is very important what is going on with these documents and many heads are in danger of being on the chopping block in my opinion.

Nah.
There'll be talk and debates, but nothing will come of it. The documents will be unsealed once Jefferson is indicted and that'll be that.

However, I don't agree that this is a raid by the FBI today.

There wasn't a raid today.
Someone heard gunshots, reported it. And the building was searched.

They wouldn't be that stupid because the evidence they found today would not be held up in court as they would have obtained this evidence through fraudulent means and without a warrant. If they're looking to obtain evidence they wouldn't and couldn't legally do it this way.

Not sure where you're getting your info, but no evidence was obtained today. Everything was gathered over the weekend when they did have a warrant. They could easily obtain another warrant if necessary as they have plenty of evidence to do so.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Law-enforcement sources at the Capitol said Friday that suspected sounds of gunshots heard in a House office building were made by a mechanic using a pneumatic hammer on an elevator, security expert Mike Brooks reported.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Im in no way saying thats what happened, but just saying its plausible with everything going on that they were trying to find something in particular.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Brian Baird
Whew... he's safe. But what did he spend his time doing 90 minutes in the building?
Remember he introduced the congress evacuation bill months ago. Fishy huh?

Plame-gate going on

I do think the administration is sweating and trying to relieve that sweat. Related events? Don't know.

The latest headlines that just flashed across the screen says, CAPITOL ALL CLEAR. Oh... thank you most merciful tv, until next time hearing or seeing your wonderful words of wisdom. Yeah right.

Refresh your memory: Old story on ATS of Capitol blackout end of March

(sarcastic) There is nothing to see here folks, just keep moving along.

There is something to see here, but please just keep moving along folks and RETAIN it. For there is nothing new under the sun... right.

[edit on 5-26-06 by pacman]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
That's just weird,

I am laughing at it because its propostrous that 1 shot would mean the end of Democracy. Where the heck did you people come up with that? Democracy is dying and its very sad, its been dying for as long as Bush has had his hands in this mess.

IT isnt funny- Its the one shot meaning this that is funny. It still is.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Not sure where you're getting your info, but no evidence was obtained today. Everything was gathered over the weekend when they did have a warrant. They could easily obtain another warrant if necessary as they have plenty of evidence to do so.

I was bantering back and forth between you and Grim. My apologies. I'm a confusing gal.

mod edit: fixed formatting

[edit on 27-5-2006 by sanctum]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Just like i said: Workers in the area made the noise!

Uh huh! And so, the story ends.

We can move on now. Another lie.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Democracy is dying and its very sad, its been dying for as long as Bush has had his hands in this mess.

Explain how Bush killed something that never existed in this country in the first place. We are a Republic, have been since the beginning of this country, not a Democracy.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Technicalities.

You know what i meant. Have a good one.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join