It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shots Fired at Rayburn Office Building

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Two women ran out saying man with a gun hiding in the gym!!!!

that's per FOX news...also said it could be a standoff or hostage situation going on.

[edit on 5-26-2006 by worldwatcher]

link   
Got it on FOX now

wonder what this is about (thats if there is a man with a gun)

[edit on 26-5-2006 by infinite]

link   
The man was spotted in the gym by the two ladies

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
First sighting of a man with a gun reported in the US Congress Rayburn Building 90 minutes after gunshots reported in the garage level. Lockdown re-imposed on Capitol Hill after it was briefly lifted

May 26, 2006, 7:15 PM (GMT+02:00)

No reports of injuries. Still no indication of what the incident was about. Ambulance team reported rushing into the building. An FBI terrorist task force moves in. Police tactical teams are searching room by room.

Staffers were again advised to stay in offices 90 minutes after first alarm. Rayburn building is still sealed. Police e-mail earlier warned occupants to stay in their offices, avoid windows and grab their anti-terror kits. The House was not in session, having recessed for Memorial weekend. The Rayburn Building is across the street from the Senate which was sitting.

debka.com... again

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Woman placed on a gurney, taken away from the scene.
Suspect is white male, 5'11, 175lbs

all this is per FOX news.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Hmmm...this might become a major incident. I think the reports of the man is about to be confirmed...but we will have to wait and see. Hopefully everyone inside is going to be okay.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I don't have a TV, and I'm not missing it. :shk:

I'm getting the latest news right here on ATS!

Meanwhile, here's hoping this ends with a minimal amount of evil.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
woman taken away on the gurney was suffering from anxiety related issues not "gunfire"

reports from women seeing man in the gym are still unconfirmed, some are dismissing it as it being a cop.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
conflicting reports.

Two women say that they saw a man with gun, others said that there isn't.
The lady been take away is suffering from anxiety. Capital Hill staff have been told to lock doors, been giving a code word and officers will knock a certain number of times.

FOXNews are reporting that SWAT are aimed and looking for a gunman. Report coming from someone inside the building. Eyewitness inside the local cafe, saw the SWAT team armed.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
May all be well that may be hurt. I think it is a distraction, though, if the Capitol does get hit with something... I hate to say it, but this will institute Martial law on that day. Something behind this, preparation scale.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I wonder how many Government Agencies are running around there..... Looks like to many to me... I wouldn't be surprised if they shoot each other.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Capital Hill is open for offical business only...

apparently it has all "gone very quite"

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Rep. Filner (California) on CNN from his office:

"We're running out of food here, I hope they get lunch in here soon..."
"We're down to our last nachos and pizza combos!"

Glad to know everyone's taking this seriously

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
House select commite are having fun and cracking jokes inside their locked room

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I wonder if these shots fired were from a mysterious person, whom we shall call a 'terrorist'...

*sigh* This is probably just a false alarm, but will probably be used to glorify or bulster someone or something at somepoint in time.

In Washington, sadly, nothing goes by without being used for someone's gain...

EDIT: Just in on Fox News, A republican representitive from Georgia has put out a statement confirming that the woman that was taken from the building on a stretcher was on his staff, and was suffering anxiety related problems and that she wasn't injured.

[edit on 5/26/2006 by Sir Solomon]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Drudge:
Blackberry message: From U.S. Capitol Police 12:20:31 PM
The Capitol Police continue to investigate the report of gunfire in the Rayburn HOB.
1. If you have not done so, lock your office doors.
2. The Capitol Police will soon commence a search of the Rayburn HOB floor by floor.
3. During the search, the police officers will knock 3 times on each office door, announce "United States Capitol Police", knock 3 additional times, and then voice the code word ""
4. Open your office doors for the police and cooperate with all police instructions.
5. All occupants should remain in their offices until the Capitol Police announce that it is safe to exit.
6. If there are special concerns about the identity of the person knocking on your door and you need to verify their identity, call,,,

It sounds to me as in keeping the little people locked out of what the big boys are doing. Cause some chaos as a distraction, provides a safe-operational space for the 'big wigs' to implement for 'future use only'. You will not be given this perspective through the media. You just gotta love ATS.com?

[edit on 5-26-06 by pacman]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Yeah, this is weird. I mean, you aren't getting any other news coverage since this happened. I've been watching a solid hour like this, no commercial breaks, nothing.

I hadn't thought of that. I'm not going to cry wolf though, it's just a cause fo concern, eh?

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
What a great plan to remove delicate documents.

CX

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Fox is reporting that it's nothing now

Oh well, i think they are having a press conference in a little while so we'll soon find out.

It's probably just being dragged out long enough to give the black ops units enough time to plant want ever they need to carry out the next big one! There was'nt a convenient blackout at the same time that needs fixing by any chance was there?

Seriously though, some news sites are saying that Capitol Hill is back open, but tRayburn Office building is still on lockdown and they are still looking for a gunman. Wish they'd make their mind up!

CX.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
They're looking for a man named Yuri and he reportedly looks like Kevin Costner. j/k

It looks like it's going to end up being a bunch of nothing, certainly nothing to start a worldwide crisis over.

Peace

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join