It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shots Fired at Rayburn Office Building

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Reports coming in...

Fox news is carrying the story- I guess it happened in the parking garage area

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Members of congress gone to a safe place......

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I'm just watching this on SKY News here, too. Seems they have totally sealed off the area now.

EDIT: They are saying there is a Firing range on the garage level of this building, and that may be where the shots heard came from.

[edit on 26-5-2006 by Communication_Monster]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Fox reports that the FBI's terrorist team is on si

[edit on 26-5-2006 by Freedomrik]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Some basic details...

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I've just been reading a thread on another site about this, and someone said the gunshots were the sounds of the death of democracy....

That's stuck with me for some some reason.

Anyway, latest news is four ambulances have been summoned to A House Of Representatives Building, where police are investigating gunfire, and senate was in session at the time.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Rumors of the death of democracy are greatly exaggerated.

I think it might be best to find out more before assuming the United States Government has collapsed.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
probably end up being a "suicide" or a "hit" which be called "accidental" or "suicide". just my guess.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Two people report sighting a man with a gun

Source: Fox news

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
just heard that too... also that they're loading an ambulance..

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I don't know...

What I'm about to say may sound cruel and callous...

But doesn't it seem impossible for these yahoos to do any work when they're forever running and ducking every time a car backfires? I mean, if our representatives retreat into the vault every time a loud noise disturbs the serenity of the capitol, we're never going to make any progress on national issues.

(Edit: it looks like this time they locked the doors and kept working, which is exactly what they should be doing - working to earn their keep.)

[edit on 26-5-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I don't think it would be just "backfire from car" being investigated for so long. These guys are supposed to have cameras everywhere, you would think by now, they already know who they are looking for or what the source of the "gunfire sound" was.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Well, I'm about to edit my earlier statement, because I just found out they kept working this time.

Good for them!

There wasn't much business on the table, but they kept working, and I respect that.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It could be another testing of security reactions, evacuation of political party members. We saw one phase of this with the black out and subsequent evacuation of congress. No 'body' to blame then except electricity before. Now probably... nobody to blame for this as well. Misfire they might say.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
First sighting of a man with a gun reported in the US Congress Rayburn Building 90 minutes after gunshots reported in the garage level. Lockdown re-imposed on Capitol Hill after it was briefly lifted

May 26, 2006, 7:06 PM (GMT+02:00)

No reports of injuries. Ambulance team reported rushing into the building. An FBI terrorist task force moves. Police tactical teams are searching room by room.

Occupants again advised to stay in offices. Rayburn building is still sealed. Police e-mail earlier warned occupants to stay in their offices, avoid windows and grab their anti-terror kits. The House was not in session, having recessed for Memorial weekend. The Rayburn Building is across the street from the Senate which was sitting.

Isreal news is on top of it... debka.com...

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Keep in mind, if it is an event. they will keep it low key to keep from panicing the public.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Some is apparently been carried out on a strecther and an arrest according to Skynews.

[edit on 26-5-2006 by infinite]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
What exactly is an "anti terror kit"?

Do they give them a gas mask and a gun and tell them to hold on their balls or is it just a suicide pill?

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Or to play devil's advocate.
Man with gun is undercover law enforcement. All this could be a ruse to feed the flames of paranoia in the USA. Chicken little syndrome.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
its not believed to be a "major" incident, at the moment.

another police briefing is coming...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join