It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when does the chit-chat start? Right now!

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

:-)

Hey sweetheart, come here often? What are you drinkin anyway.

you know that bit of movement you catch sometimes - out of the corner of your eye?

that would be me :-)

I lurk - eavesdrop - drop by just to hear what people are sayin'

just thought it was amusing - Art Saves Lives - so, walked in the door

will start drinking a little later on - have some thinking I have to do today :-)

My art isn't helping save my life at present. Flat sales for over a year. Thank the good Lord that NM is the new Tamalewood. I'm loving working in the movies.

Tamalewood...

was going to say in my earlier post: Art - giver of life - destroyer of life

but - sounded a little negative

so, yeah - art is not high on anyone's shopping list right about now :-)

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Good morning! I need some of that great house coffee....mmmmmmm....

whaaa, Tamalewood......that is so funny!

Spiramirabilis! Good to see you here! Marvelous post! I could only take Art Appreciation in college...terrible at art but darned good at appreciating it...I cannot do art and only do crafts so so...

Spira, I had never heard that saying before, "Art saves lives." And here you have it hanging in your kitchen. Where did that saying come from? What art do you like to do?
Sit a spell with us here at our place, Lounge Noir, and chat. The Thursday buffet here is meatloaf...no, no...in June the Thurs buffet is now Cobb salad.

ooh, ooh, I saw a neat art piece years ago. It was a giant inverted pyramid of frozen water with pebbles embedded. As it melted, the pebbles fell on horizontal bamboo pipes of different lengths and widths, creating a pleasant sound.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Spira, I had never heard that saying before, "Art saves lives." And here you have it hanging in your kitchen. Where did that saying come from?
reply to post by desert

Interesting story that....

I heard that an Santa Fe Artist coined the phrase "Art saves Lives"
It was bought and copyrighted by two very cute women artists that I happen to know, and was Incorporated into a very lucrative line of decorative pin/broaches. Eventually the partership broke up and I haven't seen a "art saves lives" pin in years.

And now you know the rest of the story.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
wow, this certainly is a large post!

big hello from the world of wifi tech support!

i like stuff, and sausage rolls

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

Spiramirabilis! Good to see you here!

I've been a serious lurker - HOW RUDE, I know...

...terrible at art but darned good at appreciating it...

funny - for quite a while I've been saying the exact same thing :-)

Spira, I had never heard that saying before, "Art saves lives." And here you have it hanging in your kitchen. Where did that saying come from? What art do you like to do?

I got mine from someone in San Francisco - was actually wondering if maybe that's where whaaa first heard it...

not sure where the saying actually originated - but - has meaning for me personally :-)

but, as I mentioned - Art giveth - and it taketh away...

I paint (at least that's what I call it) I paint pictures of stuff :-)

Sit a spell with us here at our place, Lounge Noir, and chat.

crap

today is supposed to be the first day of the rest of my life...

or, in other words - the first day I start weaning myself from this place - this wicked, degenerate, time sucking, soul disheveling place that is ATS

I can stay for a few minutes (but don't tell blupblup...)

thanks for having me :-)

The Thursday buffet here is meatloaf...no, no...in June the Thurs buffet is now Cobb salad.

I'm a vegetarian now - so, the Cobb works - I can pick at it just fine :-)

ooh, ooh, I saw a neat art piece years ago. It was a giant inverted pyramid of frozen water with pebbles embedded. As it melted, the pebbles fell on horizontal bamboo pipes of different lengths and widths, creating a pleasant sound.

oh god - you have no idea how much I love stuff like that

no idea

I'm going to be thinking about that for days...

thank you

I often create pieces very much like that around my home - but it's mostly accidental :-)

but, the results are still often cool - and amusing

sometimes they involve fire - which is extra cool - 'til the fear sets in and I realize I really need to put it out...

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

LOL

Interesting story that.... I heard that an Santa Fe Artist coined the phrase "Art saves Lives" It was bought and copyrighted by two very cute women artists that I happen to know, and was Incorporated into a very lucrative line of decorative pin/broaches. Eventually the partership broke up and I haven't seen a "art saves lives" pin in years. And now you know the rest of the story.

you'd think by now I'd learn to read through the thread before replying :-)

that's exactly what I have whaaa - the pin :-)

funny

life is funny - I now know a guy who knows exactly where that pin - that I've had hanging up for years - came from

too cool

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
I can stay for a few minutes (but don't tell blupblup...)

SPIRA!!!!

I'm watching you.....

Good job you've left or it would be a public humiliation

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

...is he gone?

give the chicken I've left to the cat

I'll be back later

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

hey whaaa - look familiar?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5c983910559d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Somebody say ART.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Yes, S. That pin was made by a beautiful woman Named Maria C. Moya who has gone on to become quite famous here in the SW. She now makes small constructions, very shrine like, feminine and beautiful.

www.abqarts.org...

Me.....www.corralesbosquegallery.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I really do think it's interesting to find a connection to something that's been a constant symbol for me through the past - oh, 18 years?

so whaaa - are you the entire gallery?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I'm away from this place a few hours and miss nerbot and someone new...boaby_phet. Boaby, sausage rolls anytime for you at the buffet.

Spira, I am just blown away by that pin and you connecting to whaaa to tell you the story behind it. I love it.
I'll ignore blupblup, if asked if you're here. In fact, to be free to enjoy this place, disguise yourself with this Pat Robertson mask...OTOH we'ld ALL just ignore you then...hey, Friday's buffet features tofishy...afterall, we meet here together, but we don't have to eat meat together.

whaaa, you're gettin' mighty good twirlin' that pistol. I hope you're shootin' blanks, though, otherwise it could get mighty scary in here.

Y'all have a good day, ya hear...

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

Spira, I am just blown away by that pin and you connecting to whaaa to tell you the story behind it. I love it.

well - I was just explaining to whaaa - it's just a pin - a very small thing really

but it's always had special meaning for me - a sort of talisman :-)

and I always place it somewhere noticeable wherever I have my studio (or whatever I'm calling my studio - sometimes it doesn't amount to much)

so, yeah - interesting thing this connection

I'll ignore blupblup, if asked if you're here.

oh - it won't help... :-)

besides - he's only doing what I asked

he's in charge of me now

but only for one month - right blups? just the one month... :-)

in the hopes of my being able to create some kind of balance in my life - and spend more time AWAY from my computer (not just ATS - it's really the whole computer/desk thing) - I need to have my hand slapped every once in a while :-)

In fact, to be free to enjoy this place, disguise yourself with this Pat Robertson mask...OTOH we'ld ALL just ignore you then...

that could still be useful sometimes :-)

hey, Friday's buffet features tofishy...afterall, we meet here together, but we don't have to eat meat

lol

no - tofishy - just say no

I used to be quite the carnivore - and then I used to say: "life is too short for tofu"

now that I'm a vegetarian - I still think life is too short for tofu - that stuff can't really be edible - can it? :-)

besides - I'm not a true vegetarian - I'll still eat fish

because, for some reason - the fish still piss me off a little...

edit to add: that was completely ungracious of me - thank you for the tofishy option - I've come to realize how often the vegetarians are overlooked and forgotten :-)

I like it in here - it seems pretty civilized

[edit on 6/5/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Yes, this place is a classy joint! Drop in when you want. No pressure to perform. Just be.

My baby sister has been a member of PETA for years. She won't eat anything with a face. I tell her, my can of tuna doesn't have a face. Nor does my package of bacon, last time I looked. We still have that sisterly love.

Actually, I worked my way up to eating fake bacon...lack of animal fats.
Spira, I used to make my own tofu. I tell my husband, wait till I retire, then I will cook like I used to. I think he wants me to continue working a while longer.

He feels so sorry for my grown sons. I tell him of how, when they were little, they had carob whole wheat birthday cakes with powdered milk honey frosting. I did that for a few years, until other kids came over for birthday parties, and I just couldn't serve it to those who weren't used to it. That's when I relented and bought the ole sheet cake with cute theme stuff on it.

haha I can even make "cheese" out of millet. I'm a regular Dr. Frankenstein in the kitchen.

Well, gotta run...not literally...

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

Yes, this place is a classy joint! Drop in when you want. No pressure to perform. Just be.

who couldn't use a place just like this? :-)

My baby sister has been a member of PETA for years. She won't eat anything with a face. I tell her, my can of tuna doesn't have a face. Nor does my package of bacon, last time I looked.

:-) I have a sister very much like your sister

she hates the idea of killing anything - and I have to admit - while we're not exactly the same in our thinking - I do understand her

I once explained to her how many bacteria she killed every time she wiped down the counters

well - now we just don't talk about certain things... :-)

We still have that sisterly love.

us too :-)

Spira, I used to make my own tofu.

:-) I can't think what to say...

He feels so sorry for my grown sons. I tell him of how, when they were little, they had carob whole wheat birthday cakes with powdered milk honey frosting.

lol oh god - too funny....desert - did you not love your sons? :-)

I did that for a few years, until other kids came over for birthday parties, and I just couldn't serve it to those who weren't used to it.

that's the thing - what you're used to

I don't like a lot of sugar (once in a while it's crucial - you know how that goes...)

I once served a peanut butter jelly sandwich to a boyfriend that was made with sugar free/salt free peanut butter and natural - sugar free preserves

the look on his face - you'd have thought it was soylent green

I heard about that sandwich for quite some time after...

which, by the way - does that name (soylent green) raise any suspicions with anyone else - or is it just me?

there's soy in everything now :-)

haha I can even make "cheese" out of millet. I'm a regular Dr. Frankenstein in the kitchen.

that sounds like a Mr. Wizard project - for sure

I used to baby sit for a couple down the road from us - they were the original hippie couple - made stuff just like that

for a teenager used to Cheetos and Dr. Pepper - their kitchen was scary and a little sad :-)

fortunately for me - Cheetos and Dr. Pepper are still both completely vegetarian choices

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
lol... so this is where the cool people hang out...
I see you Spira! Blup.... Whaaa... some of my favorite peeps.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

hey seagrass

well - I'm totally new here

there are many cool peeps here I've never really chatted with yet :-)

one just split before I had the chance to wish him well - Excitable_Boy

so, Excitable_Boy: if you do have electricity - and a connection to the outside world

then the desire to even check in...

just wanted to say - I wish you well

hope you paint your brains out :-)

I am trying to figure out a way to do exactly what you're doing right now

[edit on 6/8/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Ah, looks like I just missed him. He'll be back... Atsrs have to come back and peek don't they?
That sounds like a wonderful life... and Smokey Mountains just sounds good no matter what you are doing.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Ladies, the next round is on me. But be forwarned though, it has been known to get mighty raunchy here in Lounge Noir. When Desert, our infamous "Raunchette" gets rolling......well let's just say that"underwear is optional."

Barkeep, Is my industrial strength nyqil behind the bar or out in the shed?

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join