It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when does the chit-chat start? Right now!

page: 76
<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
hey Whaaa. you look kinda sexy with that warn tag...

I'll take a Monkey Fart if youre buying Whaaa.

Spelling edit so I don't get cut off.

[edit on 8-6-2009 by seagrass]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Ladies, the next round is on me.

thanks much whaaa

When Desert, our infamous "Raunchette" gets rolling......well let's just say that"underwear is optional."

then everything will be just fine whaaa - underwear is optional in my real life anyway

it will feel that much more like home

Barkeep, Is my industrial strength nyqil behind the bar or out in the shed?

it's a little early in the day for Nyquil maybe - but I could go for a Guinness

seriously

:-)

[edit on 6/8/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Raunchette here!
Hi, seagrass! Welcome!
Jeeves, I'm not sure I'm ready for a Monkey Fart at the moment, but a Gorilla's Fart sounds good
....I mean would taste good...I've never really heard a gorilla fart...hmmmm, how do you make a gorilla fart?......

Ok, so, Spira, what would you consider your best painting? Your favorite?

whaaa, you bad, bad boy! Are you in need of discipline again?

Ok, so in my travels this weekend, I got talking to a former Pan American Airways pilot. This old bird flew Pan Am Clippers and flew the around-the-world Pan Am route. Yes, he was that old!! And driving his rv!! And we helped repair his rv storage door with duct tape.
For all you youngsters here, Pan American Airways was a glamorous airline (1930's to 1991). I knew they were the next to go out of business when my sister's meal was worse than mine on Delta.

At another truck stop, we spent a few minutes chatting with an older truck driving couple. We must have looked like we were fellow husband/wife truckers, 'cause they told us some of their funny memories from being on the road. One I kinda understood, about a JB Hunt truck.

So, seagrass, are you an artist, too?

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Ok, so, Spira, what would you consider your best painting? Your favorite?

don't even know how I would answer that - except to say - it's probably at the bottom of a landfill somewhere - even as we speak

ask me again next year :-)

... For all you youngsters here, Pan American Airways was a glamorous airline (1930's to 1991).

my very first flight ever - Pan Am

the stewardesses were still wearing some pretty happenin' uniforms :-)

with hats no less

very fun

[edit on 6/8/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
oh gosh. No. I would be comfortable with the term creative or crafty... but I reserve Artist for those who actually get paid for what they do. Or have an awesome studio.

Love gorilla farts too.. although I loved them too much once.

Nice to meet ya. Saw ya in the HSP thread just now.

you can judge for yourself on a thread I just started on painting though. If you paint you can add a pic for us to see? Or any other form of artistic talent is greatly appreciated there.
member art. Got paint?

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I never flew Pan Am. I liked their "little bags" though, enough to want to be a stewardess for about 10 minutes.. I don't like to fly..
Flew Delta because my dad had stock.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Oh, no, seagrass, you are indeed an artist! I just saw your art pieces. Being an artist doesn't mean one gets paid for it. Getting paid for it stems from the commodification of everything in our culture. Something is of "value" only if it has a monetary value.

I liked your works.
I have seen works by people who are NOT artists, but maybe they stayed at a Holiday Inn. haha I am talking about, for ex, the retired person who takes up painting and displays it...some really are not good...really...but if it made that person happy, then whatever.

No, my baby sister took all my artistic and most of my craft talent. I did do a mean picture in kindergarten, the tree from Little Black Sambo, where the tiger ran around it so fast...man, that yellow crayon looked like butter. After that, it was all downhill.
My sister made murals in her kids' rooms. Me, I just let my kids draw on the walls.

No matter if someone has talent or not, kids should draw, paint, sing, play musical instruments, dance...taking formal lessons only if they have talent or they desire it. It is the expression of all these things which is good for us, to be more human. The expression should be valued because it makes us feel better when we do it. If some get paid for it, that is good, it is making a living. But we should all use the humanities and arts just to be more human...the last time I checked, that's what we all are...or should be.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
you made me smile and it warmed me, literally.
I would applaud you if I could.
Very funny. Very true. Very sweet.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

I have a question desert - I'm curious - why desert?

the desert is one of my favorite things/places

I also love camels

you ever read the book - Tracks?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Mornin', Spira! MrD is still sleeping. My melatonin level must drop like a rock the moment I open my eyes and perceive even the slightest bit of morning light, so I "suffer" from being an early morning riser. I sure do see a lot of pretty sunrises, but I can't stay up late.

And my question to you is, what is the significance of the gorilla and moon and space? I love them.

No, I have never read Tracks. Camels are fun looking creatures, and very useful in the desert. Truly ships of the desert.

Why "desert"...to tell you the truth, which sometimes we do here at Lounge Noir lol...I always wanted to be like the spiritual hermits in the desert 2000 years ago. I'm far from that now, thank God lol , because I really couldn't live in a cave alone lol !!
No, what passes even close to being a "desert hermit" is MrD and I spending weekends and vacation time in the Mojave Desert in our travel trailer...solar power to run an lcd tv, computer with internet connection via cell phone, a generator to run the microwave and speaker system to sing and dance outdoors at night to music provided over our satellite dish, well stocked fridge...

My parents were from Michigan, but they fell in love with the CA desert. I think my first memory of the great Mojave was being taken out of school, maybe when I was about 7, to spend the day there, while I think my grandparents went to look for those desert lots being sold back then as a great investment for the future. Dreams can die hard on the hard desert ground.

We continued to explore other desert areas on weekend family outings for fun. Working gold mines, ghost towns, scenic areas. And of course trips to Las Vegas and other desert areas of the SouthWest.
A family member moved to the Mojave, and I would spend time with them. I had a chance to live for a year in the Mojave, but ended up permanently elsewhere.

Between desert, ocean, mountains, I would put desert first, mountains second, and beach last. Out in the desert, one can see far, travel far, nothing is hidden except underground, one can come and go as one please, and be alone or choose to be with someone else. There are rattlesnakes to watch out for, but even they warn you to stay away, as they don't want to bother you anymore than you want to bother them.

Beauty can be minute or grand, from the tiniest of flowers to awesome sunrises/sunsets and star filled darkness. From the original inhabitants to today's recreational miners and other assorted inhabitants, there are much human interest and stories. The desert offers you only two choices, survive on its harsh terms or death. I have no interest in the mineral wealth nor need health reasons to be there, so maybe I am still satisfying that spiritual need of the Desert Fathers and Mothers. Just not in a cave...and certainly not as ascetic...hmmmm, maybe by today's standards my travel trailer might be considered ascetic hahaha

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Desert? Have you ever considered writing? I think you have a voice and a knack for it.

Just an observation

I want an airstream....

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
Desert? Have you ever considered writing? I think you have a voice and a knack for it.

And the intellect to go with it.

I found my nyqul. Have you heard this one
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
That was great whaaa... my foot was tappin.
Yes intellect, but the style is humorous and entertaining as well. I think you would be a good read.
Travel Trailer Adventures? I think so....

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

... so I "suffer" from being an early morning riser. I sure do see a lot of pretty sunrises, but I can't stay up late.

:-) and I am just the opposite - but have been trying to train myself to go to bed at normal people hours, since most of the world requires me to function at the same time they do

And my question to you is, what is the significance of the gorilla and moon and space? I love them.

thank you - very much. The usual mix is monkeys, apes and sky

just us - and what we wonder about really

No, I have never read Tracks.

an interesting book about a woman that spends some time out in the Australian desert - just her and her camels - true story

Why "desert"...to tell you the truth, which sometimes we do here at Lounge Noir lol...I always wanted to be like the spiritual hermits in the desert 2000 years ago.

now that was some hermitting - old school :-)

Between desert, ocean, mountains, I would put desert first, mountains second, and beach last.

I would split my life equally between the desert and the ocean - guess that says something...not sure what

Out in the desert, one can see far, travel far, nothing is hidden except underground, one can come and go as one please, and be alone or choose to be with someone else.

yes - it's open

and - it's clean :-)

There are rattlesnakes to watch out for, but even they warn you to stay away, as they don't want to bother you anymore than you want to bother them.

I like snakes :-)

Beauty can be minute or grand, from the tiniest of flowers to awesome sunrises/sunsets and star filled darkness.

very nice - I understand - completely

and the skies - absolutely - especially at night - just the most amazing thing

thank you - so - it really is about the desert then :-)

I've never been to the Mojave - but, it's on the list

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
ah, guys, I'm blushing...and it's not from the Lounge Noir wine!...thanks for all your kind words. Hey, free drinks and buffet for all...and, whaaa, unlimited Nyquil for you for the next hour!

yes, Airstream lol hmmm, Travel Trailer Adventures...an idea to ponder.

Spira, the Mojave National Preserve is a great place to visit. This link is a place to start.

I wonder how EB is doing.

Aloha Nui Loa

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

thanks for that

the lifestyle you and Mr. D are currently enjoying - desert rats with amenities... :-)

well - I'm a little envious

getting to be too hot for the desert now, but I'm thinking I might have to come up with a plan for next fall/winter - I'm way overdue for a trip - and a visit to the desert

and I need to go camping in the worst possible way

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
*glitches in and heads to the juke.....picks song number 44,327*

I hear you America snoring
I hear you America snoring

Did ya see it on TV
Or in your own backyard
Gates LAPD
And they called the National Guard
Then the tanks came rolling down
Sunset Boulevard
And I hear America snoring

They want ta legislate the moon
They want ta legislate the womb
They wanna legislate all the things they hate
They want ta legislate this tune
And I hear America snoring snoring
I hear you America snoring snoring

Give wind time to blow
The rooster to crow
Plug my ears but I hear
America

Oh oh oh

See the shoemaker and his shoes
Sliver needle thread and glue
He's closing up the shop
Move it all to timbuktu
Where the labor force is cheap
And the rivers there run deep
But I hear America snoring
I hear you America snoring snoring America
I hear you America snoring snoring America
I hear

"America Snoring" by Grant Lee Buffalo

Hi everyone. I am alive and well in currently residing in North Carolina. It's good to see some new people here and hopefully you will all stay and keep us entertained.

I'm working, doing some painting and relaxing.....trying to remember what life is all about. It's pretty simple or at least it should be. I'm heading to Boston this weekend for work and will be heading home middle of next week (should be home by the following weekend).....

I love you all and God bless!

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
EB!
Glad you're checkin' in with us. And choosing the most interesting songs. And, yes, the new people are a super fit for here.

The reason I showed up early for the breakfast buffet is this thought that kept me awake...when a race car driver or pilot, for example, dies in an accident while engaging in their sport, we say, "Well, at least they died doing something they liked doing.", so what do we say when people die doing some less spectacular things they like to do?

For instance, "I found her on the kitchen floor, mixing bowl in one hand and spoon in the other. Slipped on that tablespoon of butter." "She'd been dead three days before I noticed. I thought she was just writing a long post to that Lounge Noir place she liked to go to."

And what about when you're found dead doing something you hate to do? "Yep. She tripped on the curb taking out the garbage." "He just keeled over into the cat's litter box, had to scoop him out."

Maybe all those elderly people going skydiving, etc., just want to go out in a spectacular way. "Grandpa was just three feet from the summit of K2..." Hey, death, when ya come for me, make sure I'm doing something worth talking about.

EB, love and blessings back at ya!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

wait - desert - I'm confused...

"He just keeled over into the cat's litter box, had to scoop him out."

there are men who will clean out a littler box?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Yes, Spira, my dear MrD cleans out our cat's litter box. Of course, he originally had to be enticed to do this chore by way of a "self-cleaning" mechanical litter box that failed. Given a choice, MrD will gravitate towards a machine any day. When that automatic box didn't work well (and he couldn't get it to work better..that's the key), he went out and bought just the right size scoop, clumping litter and lidded box to hold the clumps before they find their way to the trash can. Kind of like when a man, for lack of a chainsaw, will whip out a whipsaw to fell a tree. Not to be outdone!

MrD is a mechanically creative genius. Given duct tape and wire, that man can repair or make anything. With just those two items, he could go out right now and fashion a replica of the Eiffel Tower. His talents come in handy for our love of boondocking, when we take the trailer and live without hookups. No problem, whether at home or boondocking, is left unsolved with him!

I gotta tell ya, though, in my lifetime I've gone from nine day backpacking trips in the Sierras to regretting I didn't bring a certain item for a weekend in the trailer. (Way) back then, breakfast was a bowl of hot oatmeal, lunch was a peanut butter and honey sandwich, and dinner was another bowl of steaming brown rice. The evolutionary progression of my recreational lifestyle is at the point where I enjoy a cup of freshly ground and brewed Italian Roast Humboldt County coffee while on the internet in my trailer.

I have fond memories of great camping trips in a tent, so when you go camping, please let me know all about your trips.

Happy Saturday to all!

top topics

<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join