It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when does the chit-chat start? Right now!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Hurry, everybody, we might be getting guests! Mechanic just said this in his post on the new ATS look thread.
"Free drinks on me, after the work is all finished!"
And I shamelessly advertised us.

JJJ, more green Jello for the buffet. The pool has leaves in it. Camel doots out front.

Music time, Richard Cheese and Lounge Against the Machine!

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by desert
Hurry, everybody, we might be getting guests! Mechanic just said this in his post on the new ATS look thread.
"Free drinks on me, after the work is all finished!"

Especially when I spill it all over myself!

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Which one of you blasphemers said 'avoid red meat'? Consider yourself now a member of the camel doot cleanup squad. Shovels and brooms can be found in the..*cough*..broom closet.

desert, your heroic promotion of Lounge Noir in a different venue must be recognized. I hereby proclaim...shush the band, I'm proclaiming.....thank you....ahem, I hereby proclaim...the barstool closest to the powder rooms is permanently designated 'desert's barstool'. An attractive and long lasting artifact will be attached to said barstool in order to commemorate the occasion. Anybody got a pen? Napkin?

Mechanic, it took a little bribery, but I got your credit line approved here at Lounge Noir. Belly up everybody!!! Drinks are on Mechanic!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
MrP...I'm... I'm touched. (Of course, I've heard that said about me before.)

SShhhhh, not so loud, quit banging your SlimJim on the bar like Nikita with his shoe. It was Russian Soldier who said to avoid meat. What do you want to do, start WW3? Oh, Bush has already started...well, excuuuuse me.

, Mechanic! MrP will u2u the bill.

How do you like the banner for the celebration? Oh, MrP, one of your neighbors is having a great big birthday party for their child; this is kind of like a birthday party for ATS...in a way...you know, a stage of maturation...look, I whited out the kid's name...cake, anyone?...watch the candles...

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'm comin' out, so let's get the party started!!

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The party has begun. Wait, we forgot one thing: vodka waterfountains!!!!!!! This will be an excellent addition to the Lounge Noir, but you have to insert a 5 dollar bill in everytime you drink from it. It will pour vodka for 1.5 minutes, enough to get you drunk unless your a slow drinker.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I just played a gig in a semi fancy bar/restaurant in my little village and the Gov. of New Mexico came in, had some enchiladas, dosxx, and signed my upright bass.
I'm stoked. He might be presidential material; I don't know. How cool would it be to have a bass fiddle signed by the president? Gov. Bill Richardson

Just thought I'd let my friends here at my favorite watering hole know first.
I know you would be excited for me.

[edit on 10-6-2006 by whaaa]

[edit on 10-6-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
How cool would it be to have a bass fiddle signed by the president?

Don't get too close to the Government!

Remember, Always Question Authority!

With that said, another round! On me! $$

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Whaaa, that is fun news! Isn't music wonderful? You are fortunate to work with your passion, sharing it with the world. New Mexico. Do you hear much Mexican music? Mariachi, corridos, TexMex?
Rome may have the Trevi, but our vodka fountain has been a big hit.
Mechanic is so generous!
Well, I'm going out to the patio with my newspaper and coffee. Love the ambiance here.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I have a hangover!

That's it! No more drinking for me!

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
whaaa, I'm envious, the only autograph I ever got was an ancient professional wrestler by the name of Lou Thez. Woohoo!!

desert, here is your commemorative plaque..

Take some of this and attach it to your barstool. It must live on for the ages....

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Thank You! And, look, I made the duct tape into a bow to stick it on the barstool. This will come in handy for saving my seat when I go to the powder room to...what was it to do here...oh, yeah, to adjust the line in my stocking.
You, too, have an autograph, MrP? I don't have any autograph. I'll just have to bring in my Noble Piece Prize, awarded to me when I turned in a painting at the local art show. It's awarded to the artist who, while appreciating art, can't draw worth anything.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
All this coffee in such ambiance makes me think...

I've made peace with being on the other side of the hill...all right gettin' old. If Bush can use 9-11 to excuse everything that happens, then I can use being old. For ex, my first trip through the self-check at WalGum. Sure I got befuddled and needed help from the young clerk, as she smiled and was polite, as I jokingly said, "I'm old, ya know!" (I guess I said this for my own sake, as I know she certainly knew it already!) Anyway, this got me to thinking how I could use this to my advantage. To wit...

What do you mean I forgot to sign the check? Of course! Old people forget, ya know!

Turn down Pete Seeger? I'm not playing it loudly so you can't hear, I'm playing it loudly so I can hear. I'm old, ya know!

Give me a broom. I'll clean up the plate glass. Excuuuuse me for stepping on the gas instead of the brake. Can't ya see I'm old??

Of course, MrP, I'm blathering. I'm old, ya know!

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
MMmmm..

Did some one say coffee?

Like freshly brewed, first cup in the morning?

I'd love a cup!

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Kinda' in the vein of gettin' old....you know what twists my cookies? Reserved parking for expectant mothers. God love 'em, I know that its special that they are carrying a baby, but....for the most part they got that way intentionally. Its not some horrible, debilitating disease making life miserable.

How 'bout a special parking spot for middle aged guys with sore knees? Is that too much to ask? Its my years of labor that put me in this shape. Why can't I get special treatment?

Please ask the band to play something mellow and soothing...

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Nothin' but the best beans ground perfectly here! With a never empty cup.

Ooh, MrP, you ever seen pictures of a wild dog, coyote or wolf with the hairs on its back standing straight up? That's how I felt starting to read your post, then I said, he's never been nine months pregnant in August, forgive him. Anyway, the "horrible, debilitating disease making life miserable," doesn't start until adolescence. Then, when the child takes the car out the first time to drive, for example, you don't need a special place to park, because one should not be drinking and driving. Well, I agree, there needs to be more special parking--but not for us, MrP! I'll bet you and I still could make it up a flight of stairs before this latest group of 16yr olds! Why do I know this?--because I have! OK, here's a solution, put different color stripes, we could have something like purple and put us up close. Put the younger people further out so they get the excercise.

Hmmm, I think we need to attract a younger crowd...let's start talking about...tattoos!...

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
All them there young whippersnappers, makin me feel like a grumpy old man!

No, don't invite them younguns here. We wouldnt want to be accused of serving minors.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
My apologies desert, I'm not trying to rile ya' up. I don't advocate removing any special parking spaces, just add some more for other demographics. Like middle age guys with bad backs, a legitimate debilitating condition.

And I agree, the youngun's can park out in the North Forty and get a little exercise.

Or, like Lounge Noir, we could have valet parking everywhere.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
No one under 18 allowed should be posted

By the time I get to Lounge Noir I will be 18
. That will be in one year. I shall go to Lounge Noir in one year. Right now, I gotta get a damn job!!!!!!!!!!!. And no thanks, I don't want an alcoholic drink (though that's all I've been talking about this whole thread
.) as I don't drink any more. You should've asked me that 2 years ago, and I wouldn've finished all the liquor in Lounge Noir
. But I'll take an apple cranberry drink with Ice. Plus I would like one of your Australian Lobster, Jumbo prime and rice meals

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
An apple cranberry drink with ice sounds good to me right now. And healthy.

clink clink clink clink clink

Everybody lift your glasses for a toast...to the new look of ATS!!
hip hip HOORAY hip hip HOORAY hip hip HOORAY

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join