It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when does the chit-chat start? Right now!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Not only are mornings good on vacation but so are evenings
Geography, how it shapes our thinking. Where I come from, bands could play all night outside without worrying about rain; I hadn't thought about sudden showers with lightning. Reminds me of the time years ago, when I told a young wheat farming couple from North Dakota where I was from; they said, "Oh, you're from where you have to irrigate." I couldn't figure out at first what they meant. Then it hit me, I was so used to seeing irrigation farming, I forgot that other places depend on rain for watering crops. Our farmers in years of low water tables complain of how much electricity it costs to pump water, not necessarily the lack of it. Wow, I'm turning into Cliff...

[edit on 21-6-2006 by desert]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Lemme just sit here and rest awhile and if I could get a nice cool salty dog, that would be great. Been out on a little tour with the band "Catfish Steven and the Caucasians" to acouple festivals. It sure is good to be back here in "lounge noir"
where I can be myself rather than the o so cool, wayfarer wearin, converse tennie shoe, middle aged, URB wanker. Wind, rain, equipment snafues, great crowds and by and large, very few tantrums from the front Man. I need a few days rest before the 4th in Telluride. I said this last summer but I mean it this time. This is my last summer on the road. Excuse my ramblin and thanks for lettin me bend your ears. Ummmm this salty dog is salty. What have I missed? What is that smell?

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Good to see you, Whaaa, especially for Salty Dog Night! Telluride on the 4th, neat!...oh, must remember to find the cache of fireworks around here somewhere...Saw the NM fires on the news and thought, hope Wh is not inconvenienced by them, he can always use Lounge Noir as a temporary shelter. I'll get the camel off the cot, the afghan too (sheds too much) and fetch a blanket and pillow.
I'll open a window and let the wind on the Oregon coast in, that'll blow away anything less than a fifty pound sack of oysters.
Anybody heard from MrP? Is he in a pensive mood, writer's block, or jury duty??
Tomorrow's featured libation is anything made with Black Strap Rum. Hmmm, I'll have to try some on waffles for breakfast. Sounds good now at least.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Can I get some directions please? I'm looking for Tom Handy's Uekalaee Lounge...I was told to follow the Absolut Vodka billboards along Route 16 and hang a left at the McDonalds... I bet that guy was yanking my chain...damn Pirates can't trust em can you?

OMG is that Twister? I love that game!

Anyone mind if I sit a moment...I walked all the way here and for the past quarter mile or so I kept tripping over these huge mounds...all over the road. Honestly it looked like camel doot...although some surely resembled skeets... can't be right can it? Why would there be skeets in the middle of the road...and so many!

Oh ...butlers X 3 - how...nice. No I'll keep my jacket thanks, but if you could get me something to scrape this stuff off of my new heels I'd be most grateful...yes...it does look like camel doot doesn't it?

Might as well have a drink...what's good?

And for the love of god what IS that smell?

[edit on 6/28/2006 by justgeneric]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
jg, Hi, Im Whaaa, welcome, nice to see a fresh face and todays special is any drink with rum.
Desert has already raked me over the coals for my Preference of Mt Dew and Bacardi. So might I suggest the triplets mix up a nice Cuba Libri for you but every thing in "lounge noir" is first rate and guaranteed to take off the rough edges.
Try these peanuts; they are glazed with a special, secret glaze MrP learned how to make in Mexico. Can you taste the hint of piquine?

Those are nice heels! Lamborgini?

[edit on 28-6-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Helloooow, Justgeneric! Yes, the Twister is fun here. And, yes, some of those skeets out front are skeets; we really need to have skeet shooting BEFORE Happy Hour, we miss so many afterwards.
I love your purple ribbon for WOS! Here's a big HipHipHooray! and for him! The outpouring of support for him has been tremendous; the internet truly shrinks the World and makes us all neighbors.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
MD & Rum huh? Okay I'll leave that one alone seeing as you've already taken some flak for it.

The shoes are the one and only Casadai's (only 850CAD a pair - I often wonder what just one would cost - and whether the effect would be the same with a distinct limp?)

I've never tried skeet shooting...then again I've never had to trot through camel doots before either...he he he. Come to think of it I've never heard poo referred to as doot either...makes you think doot it?

Barkeep, I'll have a Mai Tai SVP
Nice of the triplets to scrape the dung of my heels though - charming. Absolutely charming. MrP has a nice place here...the twister makes it though

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Hello all!!

Been conducting business elsewhere lately. Talking to some possible franchisees of the Lounge Noir ambience, but alas....they were dunderheads.

desert, I trust your jaunt is going well....I must get my schooling completed and hook up the ol' trailer. I feel the mountains calling my name. Ah yes, Estes Park in September, with the bull elk conducting their randy symphonies.

whaaa, are you regularly with one band, or do you function somewhat like a session musician?...going where the harmony is most needed?

Its wonderful to see justgeneric here. Don't let the geekiness scare you, I find it alluring. I must add, justgeneric has a wonderful blog...located right about here.

Pew....I must get the sump pump checked. Somebody round up the butlers and have them light some candles. While that's happening, a Cuba Libre please, in a tall glass.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Now ow's about I check out the kitchen in this place? Anyone up for some of my famous 5 alarm 12Beer chili?

None of that vegetarian stuff either...we're talking half a heffer sliced and diced and browned to perfection, (normally I am a waxing vegetarian but dammit I'm wasting away!!)...

I'll need some celery, some big sweet red onions, a little dash of HP,a BIG dash of cracked chilis, salt N pepper, chili powder, two cloves of garlic, oregano, fresh parsley, fresh cilantro, five cans of stewed tomatoes, 2 cans of tomato paste, 8 cans of red kidney beans, some fresh chilis if you got em...oh yeah...the BEER. When I drank it used to be 6 for the cook and 6 for the pot...gee who's gonna drink the beer? It's tradition...the chili will not turn out right unless someone gets loaded...oh what to do?

(I actually made this tonight to the horror and dismay of my daughter the vegan-buddhist - poor kid - relatives never tasted so good. Of course I used regular beer - the alcohol evaporates... good thing is I can't smell a damn thing on accounta the chilis

Taking a break from geek-dom at the moment. Nice to meet everyone...a few I know from Blogging Day greetings, but a few are brand new to me.

Nice place MrP...say what ever happened to Mr.Big???

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Russian soldier is back to relax and have a cold juice after a hard day of waging war

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Soldier!!! Glad to see ya'. Been missing your unique viewpoint around here.

justgeneric, as for Mr. Big...the little shrimp's probably going to finish his bottle of bubbly while watching another thread of the story unfold. My mind is working it over like a big wad of bread dough right now.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
War gives me a big appetite. I'd like an Australian lobster dinner with rice and shrimp fried with jalapeno peppers. I'd also like some chicken and rice Piroshki. To drink, I'll have an apple cranberry drink with plenty of ice. For desert, I'd like a Kiev Torte.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Whaaa, Desert, Russian Soldier and MrPenny...It's pumpkin time for me...hopefully not another sleepless night

Besides I ate so much damn chili, if I don't get outta here right now I'll be blamed for that horrid smell!

Will be anxiously awaiting the next installment on your blog MrP...oh the price of fame...if it didn't require so much damn energy I think I'd be a pretty good stalker...

(have you noticed the nanner isn't dancing? That's just wrong...maybe it's just my compy...)

ooooops...ummm...well...G'nite...*damn chili*

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I really am a Thread killer...was it the shoes? the chili? I promise I won't eat chili before visiting again! Really...

*sigh*
Sits on a bar stool looking really glum...
*sigh*

:shk:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Cheer up JG, It sure wasn't the shoes; I can tell you that. Here, let me buy you a nice beverage of your choice. Funny thing about "lounge noir" Ive never seen any money change hands but I've heard the cash register click [digital] on rare occasions. Strange! For me, I think I'll have a DosXX and a shot of Cuervo. I'm feeling a bit Mexican tonite. Maybe we can get Richard Cheese and Lounge Against the Machine to play a medley of rancheras or some Tejano. Remind me to tell you about the time I was abducted by a group of Mariachis down in Topolobompo and forced to play the bajo wearing nothing but a yellow bandana and a cowboy hat. Ah, memories, that's all I have left now.
Oh look, fresh fish crackers. ummmm

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Kidnapped by Mariachi's...sounds vaguely like fun

Likely less probing involved than being abducted by aliens...(or the CIA)...

Badump bump

So what's new?

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   
The curious thing about mariachis is that under that silly costume they are more akin to Buck Owens or Homer and Jethro. God rest their souls. Mariachi music is the music of the Mexican rodeo, sort of like the way C&W used to be. Well, it looks like that Cuervo has loosened my tongue. JG, please excuse me for prattling on like a high school kid with a snoot full of glue.

Yeah, whats new?

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
No, no candles just yet!! Between checking the sump pump and eating JG's tasty chili, we might have a methane buildup!
Good morning, good to see the gang all here! Good to see RussianSoldier has returned, my that young man certainly has a fine appetite for fine foods.
to Lounge Noir's resident bloggers MrP & JG.
to geekiness. I am such a miserable little geek compared to others.
Mr Desert is the geek in this couple. You know how you put a book or recording under your pillow to learn, well I've tried sleeping on top of him to absorb knowledge, but it doesn't work.

MrP, please, I must make a PSA now. You will understand:
To all drivers merging onto highways--43 ft of moving steel cannot dart into the next lane like a Honda Civic to let you merge!! To avoid dislocating your middle finger from extending it so often, learn to merge safely and properly onto highways.

Can't get any Mexican food where we're staying, so, Whaaa, please pass the plate of New Mexican enchiladas. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
A Happy 4th of July to all! The triplets are serving a cute liqueur of RedWhite&Blue layers. The buffet is featuring RedWhite&Blue colored foods. The fireworks are about to begin, perfect viewing for all.
The Pacific Coast vacation has gone well, despite threats from earthquakes, tsunamis, and the NK Dong Show. Unfortunately here, the marina temporarily closed their dump station for the holidays, so trailersful of campers with full holds are driving in and finding a most unexpectant and unpleasant situation; I think they're keeping the windows rolled up so as to contain Dad's expletives. [ [
] ]
Oh, make sure the camel is tied up well. Those fireworks are loud and could cause her to bolt and run around the neighborhood again! And be careful around the fireworks, too-- don't let this happen

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Glad you are safe Desert and family.
Happy 4th, the Caucasians really like the 4th with all the drunks haulinass up I-25.
We just finished our set awhile ago and now just relaxin in the van with my laptop and some new friends and a cooler full of Tecate enjoying the cool rocky mt. nite.
We should be back to "lounge noir" late tomorrow provided the leak in the radiator doesn't get any worse. Patrons of "LN" please say a little prayer for the Caucasians and the radiator.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join