It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when does the chit-chat start? Right now!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Precisely, Tally Ho!

It's only 12:25 in the pm and the triplet barmen have already got me lit up like a Christmas tree. TGIF and I don't have to be at work until 7:00 and that should be enough time for me to get properly faced so I can put on an tropical print shirt and a snotty attitude.

Just what in the hell is that musty oder? I don't think it's flatulence; it's too tangy smellin for that. Another mystery for the patrons of "lounge Noir" bandy about. Or not.

Thanks all for the audition encouragement. Sr. Cheese later told me it was nothing personal; just that "lounge against the Machine" wasn't ready for the amplified sound of the Australian rain stick.

[edit on 16-6-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
properly faced so I can put on an tropical print shirt and a snotty attitude.

I'm sorry whaaa, but you will have to also don a pair of shorts, at the minimum. The triplet butlers do not like cleaning odd sweat marks from the leather barstools. The snotty attitude's cool. Go for it.

I thought the band was dramatically improved with your addition. At least you were able to maintain a proper rythmn. Was the bass player making eyes at you, or was it him that farted?

You realize of course, your failed audition forces me to change the story line in the Lounge Noir blog, don't you?

[edit on 16-6-2006 by MrPenny]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Just what in the hell is that musty oder? I don't think it's flatulence

I think someone here needs to seriously take a shower!

The one who smelt it, dealt it!

touché!

[edit on 6/16/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Dag nabit!!! Picked up another red flag. Hmmm, feel like a 'futball' player. Everybody help me stay away from the Aliens and UFOs thread, O.K....?

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I just noticed your *Ahem* badge of honor.

Knock it off!

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I am a bad boy.

Hey, I've got an idea!!! Go read the blog and give me some critique!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
roflmao!

On second thought, you will be hearing from my attorneys regarding the use.....

Aw, nevermind.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Wow, a lot of chit chat at Lounge Noir! (The blog BTW is priceless!) According to my calculations we drove about 300 miles today. We're hooked up to wifi at an rv park. I've gone from hiking the Sierras for weeks with a backpack, eating oatmeal and brown rice, to this--and I love it! Hey, what's that odor at Lounge Noir...I'll go check the holding tanks...nope. Only one thing would be better at the moment, to be in the audience when Whaaa plays. Well, I'll make a margarrita in the blender.
MrP, were you like in some kind of altered state to warrant the warning??

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
desert,
The first time the 'missus' and I camped in our rv, we were playing cards at the table and she jumped up and asked, "want some popcorn?" When she hit the power button on the microwave, we both started giggling like mad fools. Camping, indeed!

I'm actually not happy about my warn. Not because I don't think I deserved it, I certainly did deserve it. What makes me unhappy is the lack of self-control I display when posting in a particular forum about certain topics. I'm simply going to stop getting involved in that subject.

Enough of that.

What is that smell?

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny

What is that smell?

Was'nt me this time, I swear!

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I must confess that I'm not really an aficionado of the Raymond Chandler school of fiction. My only foray into that genre was Earl Stanley Gardner and Ellery Queen.
But MrP, your work with the "tongue in Cheek" element should tickle almost any funny bone. I does mine! That is when I haven't left said bone in the Van.
Blog ON!!!

Phew!!!

I see your cunning plan MrP. Making the red flags of shame a fashion statemant. Soon everyone will be sportin one.

[edit on 18-6-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Goood morrrrning! Thank you, Jeeves, coffee and eggs overeasy with bacon. Well, today we venture on. Might be at a rough place tonight. Shade trees around the site might block our dome satellite, may have to hook up to their cable tv. Going further away from civilization. In a few days it gets worse...we'll have to use the cell phone as a modem. Roughing it ain't easy. ( Jeez, I can remember bringing pages torn from a paperback to read on the trail in order to keep the load light.) Yes, popcorn and s'mores at the push of a button. All to eat as we sit around the propane campfire.
I hope someone's feeding the camel. Say, any more news of the gold and diamonds? Maybe I could trade some for fuel. We did bring the cat; keeps us alert at night to the dangers outside (bushes blown by wind, squirrel, etc) by jumping on us. More coffee, please, Jeeves.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Desert,
Oh how I envy you, the open road, smell of the AC, scrabble in the twilight, smell of the nature things, Pink Floyd on the old siris or xm, the sound of children's' laughter in the campground, Meeting other peoples dogs, enjoying the camaraderie of "Good Sam" types, ah yes, America!

You and Mr. Desert should come see us here in the "Land of Enchantment" we'll get MrP and I'll go show you the UFOs.

Im goin back in the bar. Adios, I mean that, Go with God!

[edit on 18-6-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
New Mexico, the last land heading southwestward in the US w/o air pollution, as I remember flying over/driving through a few years ago. Hope it's still the same way. Mr Desert does want to eventually travel eastward to see more states. UFO's, intriguing. I looked up Silver City online recently, beautiful area.

I'm still a holdout re satellite radio, thinking I still can find/want local stations. Kids...other people's kids...shudder. We find them cute, now go away. And take your dog, too. Sigh...we're very nice, friendly, helpful people, but we prefer to be by ourselves, given the option, especially for our clothing optional attitude. Wouldn't want to be the cause of anyone's blindness. The day I forget I'm not in the desert or forest and step outside naked in an rv park, I'll have my sons come get us!

The further north one travels, the sun forgets what time sunrise is at home. Light, then bird song, and it's still wayyyy too early. Happened this morning, with even the cat getting confused, jumping on us to make sure we wake up in time for his morning pet.

You know, funny thing about all those people complaing about God not allowed in schools, courts, etc...we've found him to be Everywhere we've traveled. Adios!

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
okay! Let's get the party started, and Rock This Place!!

Brings in Band Members from a loal band......

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I must confess that I'm not really an aficionado of the Raymond Chandler school of fiction.

Aw nuts. I was trying to emulate the style of Robert B. Parker and his 'best-of-breed' Spencer series. Although, I think I may have gotten closer to Elmore Leonard. Let's see if I can move it closer to James Thurber.

Say, any more news of the gold and diamonds?

Ya' know....I completely forgot the fortune left lying around here somewhere by chebob. Since my needs are filled with some simple strokes of the keyboard.....I declare, finders keepers. But...no digging holes in the floor or punching holes through walls, let's keep it quiet and calm.

I have visited the Farmington area, including Chaco Canyon (if I look left, there is a Chaco Canyon poster hanging on the wall). I don't want to move this thread in a bizarre direction, but I get strong sensations and feelings when visiting the old places. It also happens at old battlegrounds and cemetery's. Can't wait to get back there.

Brings in Band Members from a local band......

Tell them to hold off on unloading their instruments. We gonna' have to find out how Richard Cheese and his backing band feel about this.

In the interim....bartender,...bring me a Hofbrau Haus and don't frost the damn mug. (I hate that frosted crap all over my beer!!)

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Tell them to hold off on unloading their instruments.

So then they promptly packed all of their gear back into the over crowded 1972 Volkswagen Beetle. Never to be heard from again.

Beertender, lemme have a drink. I have no friends left since they were driven off by one of the proprietors of this establishment.

And leave the bottle!

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I don't want to move this thread in a bizarre direction, ...

Gee, I thought it was kinda bizarre (or should I say "bazaar" ha ha...get it?...camel?...) already.
Mechanic, try to get your friends back. They could play on the patio. The P is inside with his beer.
Ah, I love vacations in the morning

Hey, when I called my cell phone service to order internet laptop connection, he asked me if I was with the govt (never been asked that before), I think to get a special rate. Great, not only can they work with sensitive data over cell phone or listen in/read my email, but they can do it at a discount!

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I didn't intend to drive Mechanic to drink. I'll drive him to the bus stop, but not to liquor.

Hey, listen to desert, she is after all a partner here at Lounge Noir. Your pals with the local band can play on the patio, but the lounge will not be responsible in event of lightning. Do they have any brass instruments?

Has anyone seen Russian Soldier? I kinda' miss his violent edginess. Weird, but cool.

While I'm waiting for an answer.....bourbon and branch please...neat.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by desert
Hey, when I called my cell phone service to order internet laptop connection, he asked me if I was with the govt (never been asked that before)

You should have said yes.

Has anyone seen Russian Soldier? I kinda' miss his violent edginess. Weird, but cool.
Just got a u2u from him. Seems he's been working a lot.

[edit on 6/21/2006 by Mechanic 32]

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join