It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when does the chit-chat start? Right now!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Is it MrP's teacher?
Hey, MrP, wouldn't it be neat to be able to print out a vodka tonic?
History lesson, history lesson...when I was in college, the only technology I had was a mechanical pencil and a slide rule. (The only students who had calculators were the Iranian students, probably bought with my gas money or tax dollars, i.e. CIA funds.) Anyway, these calculators were $400 back then and equivalent in power to a $2 calculator today. Oh, I did have access to the "computer lab", where we had to punch code on cards, turn them in and wait for the results. Another temporal equivalency--today's RFoS reminds me of the pile of computer paper one was severely warned not to produce if your program contained a loop. A student who picked up such a bundle might as well have been sent through a trap door at that point, avoiding shamefully and embarrassingly walking away in front of fellow programmers.

Here's to Mechanic

Lounge Noire 24/7

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This thread feels like last to post wins, for some reason, lol.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
What you see here is a bunch of half witty, educated fools, tossing around bon motts, repartee, silly references to trivia and terminal hipness. I don't know about Russia but in most American cities with a population of academic, professional, counter culture, beatniks, yahoos, and the assorted deviants; "lounge noir" although a physical reality most everywhere, primarily exists as conceptual entity to inflate the egos of people like me and apparently you Russian Soldier as you have indulged us mighty fine.

Christ I am so hammered!

I played a 666 gig and the devil done got me bad. Adios mi amigos. Hasta luego.

Are those pretzels in the shape of............
stay away form the yellow and white ones!!!!!!

[edit on 7-6-2006 by whaaa]

[edit on 7-6-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Applause, Whaaa...oops, sorry, not so loud...for a great post written while hammered. I'll type softer. Hey, at least you won't have to do a 666 gig for another thousand years. BTW does anybody here take aspirin before you drink to avoid a hangover? I think there's some behind the bar.

m

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier

To me, it seems more like 'Threadkillers Anonymous'

Or don't forget the 'Anti Chit-Chat Thread'.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

Originally posted by Russian soldier

To me, it seems more like 'Threadkillers Anonymous'

Or don't forget the 'Anti Chit-Chat Thread'.

"Lounge noir" actually has nothing to do with ATS, the WWW. or most plebeian pursuits. It is an acquired taste much like foi grass and only appreciated by the Cali fornicated or otherwise conceptually impaired.

Mec32 check out J. R. "Bob" Dobbs and this will all make sense. Know it won't!

edit; I hate this "lol" eceptologism. say it like this heeheehee!

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Mechanic, could be just me, but am I detecting a little grumpiness, hm? There's a thread for that, you know. All I can say is "for Lounge Noir, I will fight till I die. You'll only get to Lounge Noir over my dead body." Hey, I know why I'm saying this stuff...I'm watching Rumi spin more middle eastern tales. You know, when we bombed somewhere else, there was a newsclip of a dead bovine. Wasn't that when we got AlZarcowi? :shk:
I don't think Rumi's heart is connected in any way to his brain.

Cali fornicated??? Hey, mister, ya lookin' for a fight? The last time I was accused of that I got a divorce! Back off or I'm outta here. Oh, you meant we eat chicken al forno out here. Yes, yes, quite tasty.

J. R. "Bob" Dobbs. That's what separates us from animals. There's a part of our brain that thinks of this stuff. "I think of J. R. "Bob" Dobbs, therefore I am."

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Bartender...oh, good, self service Thursday, I think I'll fill up, make it a double, no a triple. OK, so I'm downstairs packing holiday (what holiday? You name it, I bought for it.) stuff away into nice new plastic huge containers I bought at WalGum (say, does saving all this stuff in plastic containers but not running over a desert tortoise in my God given pursuit of happiness make me a compassionate conservative environmentalist?). Don't tell me I don't need this stuff--from my cold dead hands. Anyway, I admit my sons' eyes roll when I say I'm leaving all this to them but they'll have to fight over the spoils to divide it evenly; their wives will want this, won't they? Men just don't understand mementos. Hey, yeah, I'll take a mint. Ok, I'm a realist and know they'll give this stuff away to a used goods store, probably the same place I picked up these nice vintage decorations in that box over there.

The problem I'm having at the moment is that I live in a condo and refuse to rent any extra storage space (these things are like my children, would you send away your children, I mean beyond summer camp and grandmas' and friends' sleepovers, etc), so everything has to go into the garage. Now, my husband, God love this man, he married me when I was single and living in my condo and says he overlooks the "stuff" thats all over, he's just not used to it--it's true he brought an uncluttered life into this limited space.

Oh, why don't I move? I used to live in quadruple the space but decided to downsize when I left a marriage with only my self-respect and dignity and decided this suited my lifestyle. Ok, my husband admits he probably could have been diagnosed with ADD as a kid, so my project today of moving boxes into the garage with his help actually started a while ago, got dropped for other pursuits, and we're back at it... again. You see, the hallway downstairs looks like a railway siding, with seatrain-container-size boxes stacked to one side to allow passage, so it's time for them to roll. Well, back to work. (Grab a handfull of pretzels.)

Sorry for all the chit chat at the bar. What, no one's listening? I've been talking to myself? Cool!

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
My dear fellow Mechanic32, this is nothing like "Threadkillers Anonymous". Unlike those poor souls, we aren't delusional. There are no elephants here, pirates aren't attacking at odd times.

This is just a cool bar with the music stylings of Richard Cheese and Lounge Against the Machine providing ambience. And don't forget, Jeeves, Jeeves and Jives, the triplet butlers, making your stay most enjoyable.

desert, my dear, I believe you're blathering. Pipe down and have a drink.

Don't forget to sign up for the nekkid Twister tournament coming up this weekend. First prize.....wet willies from 35 Mongolian yak milkers. Film at eleven.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Desert, sorry you took umbrage with my "californicated" reference. I meant it strictly in the "chili peppers" sense. Some of my fondest memories of my youth, was buskering on Telegraph, N. Beach, Henry Africans, etc and having my brains "californicated" out by some cute lil hippie after the show. Yes, D, I take aspirin before retiring and it works great on the alcohol, not so well on.....

MrP, cool B. Mitchem avy. Remember "Thunder Road?"

[edit on 8-6-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
My dear fellow Mechanic32, this is nothing like "Threadkillers Anonymous". Unlike those poor souls, we aren't delusional. There are no elephants here....

Except for maybe pink elephants!

And with that, Bartender!! another round for the house!

*Geez, must've stumbled into a rowdy watering hole*

*walks away, dazed and confused*

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Thanks, Mechanic32! Why do you call this place a watering hole--'cause I got my camel sittin' next to me--Chewbacca's one of those exotic pets. Why, MrP, you need to walk him, no, not the camel, Mechanic32, to see the grounds, this is a classy joint. Oh, skipping nekkid Twister...this weekend...will sign up for movie, however...what is it?

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert
Mechanic, could be just me, but am I detecting a little grumpiness, hm? There's a thread for that, you know. All I can say is "for Lounge Noir, I will fight till I die. You'll only get to Lounge Noir over my dead body." Hey, I know why I'm saying this stuff...I'm watching Rumi spin more middle eastern tales. You know, when we bombed somewhere else, there was a newsclip of a dead bovine. Wasn't that when we got AlZarcowi? :shk:
I don't think Rumi's heart is connected in any way to his brain.

Cali fornicated??? Hey, mister, ya lookin' for a fight? The last time I was accused of that I got a divorce! Back off or I'm outta here. Oh, you meant we eat chicken al forno out here. Yes, yes, quite tasty.

J. R. "Bob" Dobbs. That's what separates us from animals. There's a part of our brain that thinks of this stuff. "I think of J. R. "Bob" Dobbs, therefore I am."

hahahahahhahhhahahahahahhahaahahahaahahahaha (laughs so hard starts crying)

hahhahhhhahaahahahhaahhahahahhahhahhaahhahaah

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That sentence REALLY made me laugh more then the jokes and pranks forum!!!!:loll:
: LWOL: Laugh Way out loud!!!!!!!!! LSHYC: laugh so hard you cry. hahahhahahahhahahaahah

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Ah, Russian Soldier, sigh, if the world could only be made peaceful through the sound of laughter. Of course, you would be out of a job, but you could always be a Marshal of the Russian Federation for Humor. Troupes instead of troops.

You know, RS, if only my country's leaders had laughed at Kruschev's UN shoe banging incident instead of being very foolish and entering a Cold War. Do you know BTW that I have heard that his statement of "We will bury you!" was interpreted incorrectly? It should have been "See ya at your own funeral!", meaning Communist Russia will outlive Capitalist America. But, no, our fearful leaders, instead of laughing chose to not heed the words of that great example of liberal thought, Republican President Eisenhower, when he warned us about, and these are his own words, the militaryindustrial complex.
Anyway, here's what they should have said
"Please, Comrade Nikita, we have a ban on chemical weapons...eeeeuuuuwww...hahaha"
"Is that a stilletto?...hahaha"
"Hey, don't bang so hard! The bug we put in might fall out...hahaha" CIA director falls in aisle laughing

Yes, RS, if only the leaders had all laughed together, then went out, arms around shoulders, to someplace like Lounge Noir.
Can you imagine the vodka and beer flowing? Drunken singing of The Internationale and the American Anthem. Russian and English interpretors saying, "Well, we will just have to agree to disagree." And, then, as dawn rose that Fall morning in New York, the world leaders stumbled back to their rooms to sleep, smiling as they dreamt of peace and citizens with good jobs, good food, good homes, and good healthcare.

Za vashe zdorovye! Cheers!

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Ah, such a good dream. I wish there was world peace, too. Then I would sit all day and shoot my AK at targets and not have to worry about being shot the next day. But, we can't help it. It human nature not to get along amongst themselves *sigh*. I love a good laugh, though, and I also like to make jokes to make others laugh as well.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Ok, Mshr...Mr....MrT...MrP....ok....I hadda drink....anda nother....ansa nother...whooo du u zhink ur telling me i'm baffeling..babbling..blubburing..BLATHERING... a Moderator?!
Ooop, now i dun it.

[edit on 8-6-2006 by desert]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
ATS looks different!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
So my doctor tells me my LDL cholesterol is a touch high. He thinks I can change it through my diet. Uh. He tells me, the foods I have to cut down on are the foods that come from animals. Eggs, steak, milk, bacon, porkchops, cheese.....I said "What the hell am I supposed to eat?" He laughed; thought I was kidding.

Here's to dying happy....pass me that jar of SlimJims.

That camel is leaving huge camel doots on the front walk.

[edit on 8-6-2006 by MrPenny]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Serious now. MrP, look at your genetic makeup. How is the health of your grandparents and parents? A friend died recently from inherited heart problem. Exercise is probably your best bet for health. I had a colleague, very high cholesteral. Went on Atkins, meat meat meat and cholesterol went down. 'Splain that one. Here, here's the SlimJims (personally, I avoid the stuff) Wanna pickled egg?

Oh, just tell the neighbors that the United Stated Lawn Bowls Association is practicing out front. If they find flattened doots, tell 'em the World Flying Disc Federation practices, too. Hey, invite them to try out heeheehee

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
MrP, cut down of fatty foods, and avoid red meat. Eat more cheerios. Excerize, so you can be buff and strong like me
and to avoid high cholestrol. Good luck

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join