It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worry Over Nuclear Program, "Just A Big Lie" Say Ahmadinejad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Wednesday Ahmadinejad, after meeting with indonesian president Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, held a press conference. In this conference he said the worries over their nuclear program is "just a big lie". He also states that western power are simply trying to hold rising countries back to maintain power. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says that Iran isn't only standing for its people, but other countries as well.

www.chron.com
JAKARTA, Indonesia — Iran's president on Wednesday dismissed Western concerns over its nuclear program as "a big lie," a day after key U.N. Security Council members agreed to present Tehran with a choice of incentives or sanctions in deciding whether to suspend uranium enrichment."They pretend that they are concerned about the nature of the nuclear program of the Islamic rebublic of Iran," he said after meeting with Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono. "This is a big lie."

Today the people of Iran are not just defending their own rights, but also those of other nations," he said. "They (the United States and other Western powers) want to prevent other countries from reaching the pinnacle of science and technology."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

To an extent I'm going to agree with him, the US concern is a bit questionable. I think its safe to say that many arent behind this.

Related News Links:
www.bloomberg.com

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Whats a lie? That Iran signed the NPT? That the IAEA hasn't given them a clean bill of health?

Whats the lie? That they are trying to make nuke weapons? Someone please explain why one of the big players in OPEC needs nuke electrical power????

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
"Someone please explain why one of the big players in OPEC needs nuke electrical power????

Nygdan, I would think so countries don't make up reasons to invade their country, overthrow their government, and most importantly take control of their oil.

So what if Iran get's nukes? They know that if they ever used one they would be wiped of the map. So let 'em have a couple.

Peace

edit: Oh, and as far as the "power" aspect of it goes, it's more efficient.

[edit on 10-5-2006 by Dr Love]

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
There sure is a lot of attention being paid to every word and action of this guy. And a lot of it sounds kinda' nutty, and not quite real-world?

Why am I starting to feel like the important rhetoric taking place in Iran may not be from what is starting to sound like a "mouth piece".

I think your quoted article has one very important section;

The contradictions appear to reflect some disarray and a struggle for power within the Iranian regime and its various factions since Ahmadinejad won election in August. Many officials of the previous government appear to feel he is pushing Iran into too confrontational of a stance with the West and have used whatever means possible _ including interviews with Western publications _ to try to moderate Iran's position or provide at least some type of outreach to the West.

Does Ahmadinejad really have the oomph to backup what he says? Why am I starting to think he is simply too visible and vocal.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I would think so countries don't make up reasons to invade their country, overthrow their government, and most importantly take control of their oil.

Are you suggesting that Iran is developing nuke power with the intention of using it to replace their own usage of oil??

So what if Iran get's nukes?

It'd be a breach of their NPT obligations. Also, if they do get them, and have been lying this whole time, what else have they been lying about? Their intentions to use them perhaps?

They know that if they ever used one they would be wiped of the map

But they must also know that they will be invaded, destroyed, and occupied if they don't stop their nuke programme, so.....if they don't want to run that risk, why are they making them? If that detterent isn't effective enough to get them to not develop them, why would it be enough to prevent them from using them? Or selling them? Or selling parts of them?

Oh, and as far as the "power" aspect of it goes, it's more efficient.

Iran has some of the largest oil reserves on the planet. There is no reason for them to develop nuclear powered electricity. They could light oil rigs on fire to provide illumination for their countryside and still have tonnes left over.

Does Ahmadinejad really have the oomph to backup what he says?

Every facet of the iranian government has stood by his basic jist, even the 'opposition' in the person of rafsajani. Also, the mullahs that lead the country, somethign tells me that these religious fundamentalist tyrants aren't looking at the guy as if he is a religious wacko.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
alright Nygdan lets be real with eachother, we both know nuclear fuel is not only more efficient, but less expensive. Also would you want your country depending on its main export? Personally in his position I would limit the oil use as much as possible so that my country could export it and make alot more money. Any oil rich country, if they had there minds in order, would be trying to do this too.

It would cut the cost to run the electrical powering of the nation, while at the same time, boosting exports. This would be a great move for an economy looking to make some sort of rise.

A oil region depending on oil is like a crack head living on his own supply, its suicide in the end. You leave less to export, so you make less money, and your going to end up using it up even quick. You have to export a certain amount to get by, while feeding you own nation off it.

You should actually be happy they want nuclear fuel, if they dont have much (or any) dependence on oil our gas prices would go down because of supply and demand.(unless the oil companies do us dirty)

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I agree with Mr.Penny and Grimreaper.

As well, I've read articles which claim Ahmandinejad is actually a Jew (similar to the Saudi and Turkish ruling elite and half the members of Western governments).

The whore-media is certainly portraying Ahmandinejad in very provocative light: we're being inundated with with his alleged threats and views.

Just as the Bush regime is being portrayed as 'restrained' and reasonable in response.

Seems very much AS IF WE'RE BEING SET_UP AGAIN. Our intelligence is being insulted yet again with this farce 'dot to dot' production seemingly dragging 'us' *reluctantly* (lol) into yet another 'war-for-profit-and-control' --- also known in some circles as the need to 'defend the righteous against the evil-doers' and 'spread freedom'.

It's being played more sloooooow-ly, and in a more patronisingly simplified version than the previous 'righteous knee jerk' invasion on Iraq (which we now know was planned down to the smallest detail before Bush even stole the presidency and which we now know was floated as a means of invading Cuba, back in the days Bush was just packing away his cheer-leaders outfit).

This time, the sheepies are being talked through it in 'keep it simple stupid' terms by the war-mongers. And the sheepies are being provided daily media revelations about the seemingly outrageous, war-minded, nuclear-threatening, 'terrifying' Ahmandinejad. THIS time, the war-mongers are keen to PROVE that Iran has WMDs BEFORE we invade. THAT way, the war-mongers hope to have virtually unanimous support, before, during and after.

And Ahmandinejad seems to be playing the Bad and Crazy role to the hilt --- to order.

How STRANGE, that he seems to be playing right into the War-mongers' hands.

How WEIRD that he seems to be telegraphing his shots: seems determined to PROVE what a threat Iran is to the West: seems intent on deliberately provoking the easily-fooled Western sheepies.

It ALMOST appears as if he's working to a SCRIPT WRITTEN BY THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION, doesn't it? It almost appears as if he's INVITING them to 'retaliate' .... doesn't it?

Which would make sense, if he's a closeted-Jew.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Are you suggesting that Iran is developing nuke power with the intention of using it to replace their own usage of oil??

Get some common sense. Iran is being smothered by the only superpower in the world. With the looming threats and being labeled as part of an Axis of Evil of course Iran is going to do whatever it takes to protect themselves. What better way than with nuclear weapons? Have you noticed the U.S. has yet to touch any country with CONFIRMED Nuclear Weapons i.e. North Korea or China?

If Iran is able to attain a nuclear weapon, that country can't be touched, and everything will be back to normal.

My question is, why are we war mongering on a country that is trying to develop nuclear weapons when there's numerous other countries that ALREADY HAVE THEM?

The moment you can figure out the news was always talking about Iraq and WMD's before the Iraq invasion, the quicker you can figure out why all the talk about Iran on the news now.

I'd also like to add, back in 2001, when Bush did label Iran and Iraq as part of an Axis of Evil, and then 2 years later Bush invaded Iraq. If i was president of Iran, and i see all these things taking place, you'd bet your arse that i'll do whatever it takes to keep the U.S. out of Iran. How you guys fall into the propaganda campaign when the same thing happened 3 years ago just reaffirms the fact that history will ALWAYS repeat itself.

[edit on 10-5-2006 by Shortness]

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Dock6, any links that the president of Iran is Jew?? And everybody, what did you NOT learned in school?? The distinction between jews and zionists, the most important thing to know when you talk about Israël crimes!

And all of you war-mongerers, only war-mongerers not everyone, look at those pictures of effects of depleted uranium...

www.rense.com...

And remind yourself that the mini-nukes that want to use Bush And Co, made of plutonium, are 100X more radioactive than uranium... And it is harmful to iraqis, americans soldiers and everyone in the contamination zone...

SO STOP WAR-MONGERING or you're head will be in a pool of depleted uranium and you'll see if it isn't ``that harmful``!!!

[edit on 10-5-2006 by Vitchilo]

top topics

join