It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

for those of you out there who may think that the Bible is just a bunch of hoooowee

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by rachel07 I don't know if anybody has noticed the increase of geotechtonic activity, flooding, hurricanes, and the awakening of what was dormant volcanoes.

Not trying to sound like a doom-sayer, but I can see that we are definitely in the end times,

The increase in geotechtonic activity is mostly caused by natural cycles in the earths crust. Some of the things mankind does, especially related to global warming may influence increases [causes such as the ice caps melting relieves weight on the continental plates causing them to move]. Also until recently we did not have seizmagraphs[sp?] to record all the quakes around the world. Communication also was not as great 50 years ago and lastly population densities in areas like Sumatra were not the same the last time a Tsunami hit that area. A lot of factors like this make it seem like its getting worse..

But if you want to be a doom-sayer, thats okay. Its a time honored tradition cgoing way back....remember that sooth sayer in Ceasars day "Beware the Ides of March...."

But if you want to truly see the shattering of the earth try watching this site...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

check out the several hundreds quakes hitting Alaska right now as I write this a new one every few minutes over the last couple of days the biggest 6.4

this site shows you the world updateded as soon as a quake above 3.0 hits

www.iris.washington.edu...

enough to scare the robes off of even the most devout follower

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
if you look at who really runs this world, is the spirit world, we have 2 sides, i.e what we call god and the devil(what each means i do not know). which side america is on is up to you, but i do not think america is on the side of who ever the bible came from and which god it depicts, i believe it is on the other.

Nope America is definately on the side of "whoever the bible came from" The bible both old and new testemants and Moses Jesus etc most certainly came from the Jewish people, and America is most definately on the side of Isreal

as to dodgy times ahead just you wait until the Yellowstone Caldera goes KABLLOOOEYYY then tell me about Armegadon

[edit on 20-6-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ka0s69
As for finding comfort in Armegeddon, i supppose some Christians are eager to see their faith proved right. Or others merely want to see the suffering of so many people put to an end. Ignorance is bliss but in the end would be to costly. I for one as I'm sure alot of other people, are just watching and waiting. But dont put off a picnic because there's a chance of rain. Just be prepared and take an Umbrella.

I am not sure I understand why this would be true, after all the biggest lessons in the bible are all about dealing with suffering, sometimes directly by the hand of God. Is it not by suffering that our soul's are tested and prepared for what comes next? This is true no matter what religion you follow. We are here on this miserable rock to LEARN, to seek ENLIGHTENMENT for our soul. Seeking gloom and doom seems to me the same quest as commiting suicide. I thought that was one of the biggest sins? What happened to turn the other cheek and press on with life no matter what it throws at you?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by toolman

You post a single link...there is a lot of information regarding the sybilline oraclse, from Hadrian, from poets, from Roman records and government references.

Revelations is derived from far earlier writings.... people are in a tizzy over the visions from prophets that lived in caves ingesting mushrooms and living in drug induced fantasies.

Christ knew enough to refrain from trash like revelations...why cant his followers.

SHROOMS!!!!! MMMM yes many visions I recall from the seventies.... ummm errr

Correct me if I am mistaken but wasn't one of the last things Jesus said to his diciples that when I am gone you will misconstrue everything I have taught you?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by ka0s69
As for finding comfort in Armegeddon, i supppose some Christians are eager to see their faith proved right. Or others merely want to see the suffering of so many people put to an end. Ignorance is bliss but in the end would be to costly. I for one as I'm sure alot of other people, are just watching and waiting. But dont put off a picnic because there's a chance of rain. Just be prepared and take an Umbrella.

I am not sure I understand why this would be true, after all the biggest lessons in the bible are all about dealing with suffering, sometimes directly by the hand of God. Is it not by suffering that our soul's are tested and prepared for what comes next? This is true no matter what religion you follow. We are here on this miserable rock to LEARN, to seek ENLIGHTENMENT for our soul. Seeking gloom and doom seems to me the same quest as commiting suicide. I thought that was one of the biggest sins? What happened to turn the other cheek and press on with life no matter what it throws at you?

You make a valid point zorgon. And I agree I've often considered the big question.. you know, "the meaning of life" and what i came up with was this. Life is all about experiences. The knowledge we take from those experiences and the lessons we learn when going through them. However i think it important to note. God never intended humans to suffer. And the only suffering he would dish out it when he kicks sum unrighteous ass lol. Humans were given free will an we chose Satan. So affectively it is him who is in controll of the world as we know it and only if we know God and ask him to take controll will he do it. With the world media being such a massive industry these days and t.vs and the internet in nearly every home people are alot more aware of how # the world has really become. And we aint even seen the tip of the iceberg. Its normal for people not to want other people to hurt. Unfortunately the opposite is also tru

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Here is a minor analogy for your interests. Imagine the God and Satan as candidates for an election. We, the people, have the freedom to vote for whomever we see fit. God and Satan each have a campaign... God's campaign is much like that of the few, rare candidates who are honest... rarely any real billboard advertising(Certainly not as much as Satan, i mean really), those who are willing to speak the Truth even if it means NOT getting aelected, etc... God is the same. He is willing that He will continue to be who He is...as He has always been, even if it means suffering slander and propaganda. What do we get from electing God? A cleansing... that will reform the world and eventually there will not be a need for government because we will all be reformed ourselves in such a manner that there is no thought or decision, but the Truth is simply what it is, and there will be no mistaken it. Now...Satan, on the other hand, requires a "democracy" where people always make decisions *which, if there is clear evidence that a decision must be made, then a wrong one must be available* and definitely wants people to believe that what he says is for their own good, when in reality, just like most politicians, it's something that benefits THEMSELVES. Satan's campaign requires a whole lot more money, a whole lot more space, and a whole lot more time. Satan... would love to deceive people into believing they are in control, when in all actuality, the essence of our so-called "Freedom" is the very thing that has imprisoned us. We fight for our freedom so much that now all we do is fight, and we have no freedom to live for. Just like making money...there are those people who work and work and work and just gotta make money. Unfortunately, they rarely get a time to spend it... and wisely at that. I guess I could go on with this analogy forever, but... this election is a forever election, one that exists within ourselves, each and every one of us... for, no matter who you vote for, the same end will result to this world. It's simply a matter of which side of the end you want to be a part of. So, allow me to be one of the few...
Vote God! 1000 more years! Wooo!
This public announcement is sponsored by Jesus Christ(Ind.-Heaven, Alpha-Omega) and the Holy Spirit(Ind.-Heaven, Alpha-Omega).

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by WiseSheep

I'm noticing some christians who are blinded into thinking this will be Armageddon (this imminent war with Iran). The only problem is the Messiah that will 'return' after this will not be Jesus Christ.

If you are saying what I think you are , then you are the first person to believe what I believe. The gog/magog war will be mistaken for armageddon, a "messiah" will show up to end it and be mistaken for Jesus, when in actuality it is the antichrist who has just shown up.

It will be a very convincing series of events and will deceive many.

Matthew 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

The deception will be so great that even believers in Christ would be fooled.

But you notice it says "if" that were possible, it won't be possible because God removes us prior to that time.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
The gog/magog war will be mistaken for armageddon, a "messiah" will show up to end it and be mistaken for Jesus, when in actuality it is the antichrist who has just shown up.

It will be a very convincing series of events and will deceive many.

Precisely.

But you notice it says "if" that were possible, it won't be possible because God removes us prior to that time.

Hmm, interesting. Good time to keep the ol' eyes fixed on the heavens.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiseSheep

Precisely.

So trying to think this through. Will the rapture occur before or after the gog/magog war?

If it's after, there will be the world saying look what just happened we have had armageddon. If believers are still here we will be saying no it wasn't armegeddon, because the Bible says there will be a pretribulation rapture, and since that hasn't happened this "savior" or "about to appear savior" is not the real Jesus. 2 Thessalonians ch. 2 tells us that the antichrist will not be revealed until after the rapture(since it says revealed that could have a unique meaning. He could be known, but not yet revealed as the antichrist.). So if we are still here to witness the gog/magog war then either we are removed during it. If not, then could there be a period of time between the end of the war until the antichrist is revealed? And are we here briefly to be a witness as to what war this really was, then removed?

If we go before the gog/magog war then there will be the panic , of people wondering where the missing have gone. Then this war happens and there is the panic and uncertainty of a major war that affects the world, and then false messiah shows up.

Why I'm trying to think through how this will happen, is because God wants none to perish, so He is going to have these events timed to get the most out of them(as far as getting people's attention, so that they will realize what's going on and turn to Christ for salvation).

Additional thoughts concerning the timing would be appreciated.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   

So trying to think this through. Will the rapture occur before or after the gog/magog war?

Could be anytime between now and the signing of the peace treaty. The signing of the treaty will be the revelation of the 'man of sin', BUT only to the ones who know biblically what to look for. To the average Joe, even at this point, he's gonna be a nice world leader stepping up to restore world peace. The only time the world will know he's the antichrist is when he stands in the newly built replica of Solomon's/Herod's temple and claims to be God.

Why I'm trying to think through how this will happen, is because God wants none to perish, so He is going to have these events timed to get the most out of them(as far as getting people's attention, so that they will realize what's going on and turn to Christ for salvation).

The rapture will get a lot done. The ones who are left, who were taught the word and refused to live by it pre-trib, if their genetic makeup allows them to house the Holy Spirit, the rapture (missing relatives/fellow church members) will set them on fire for Jesus Christ and nothing will hold them back.

The more I understand, the more I see there are some beings that don't have the 'temple' facilities for the Holy Spirit to dwell. The reasoning for the flood (as it was in the days of Noah).

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
And what will happen when the Rapture does not occur?

Hopefully it ends the modern Concepts of Christianity and gets people back on the path Christ actually taught.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   

And what will happen when the Rapture does not occur?

When it does occur don't believe the lie about what it was that will be told. Remember what we said.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
There is no Biblical support for "the Rapture"

it did not exist prior to the 1880's, Period. It is a modern construction to frighten people to god, instead of the path Christ Dictated.
It is a blasphemy to teach, and indicates ignorance of the Truth

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   

There is no Biblical support for "the Rapture"

That's ridiculous, I've already given more than enough scripture verses. The problem is that you won't accept the verses submitted.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
No, what you have done is remove verses from text and twist them to fit a preconcieved ideal created in 1880.

it did no exist prior to that, nobody wrote about it, the bible was hijacked to fit hysterical interpretations by religious hucksters in the late 19th century.

And you are falling for it.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Graystar
Irans rant

Above you will find in the article a statement coming out of Iran which may or may not concern you. What I find facinating is how it lines up precisely with the Word of God.

Please read the article then read the entire passage below.

I believe that we may very well be looking at the very fulfillment of these prophesies. I'm sorry if some just don't get it!

Joel 3
The Nations Judged
1 "In those days and at that time,
when I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem,
2 I will gather all nations
and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. [a]
There I will enter into judgment against them
concerning my inheritance, my people Israel,
for they scattered my people among the nations
and divided up my land.

3 They cast lots for my people
and traded boys for prostitutes;
they sold girls for wine
that they might drink.

4 "Now what have you against me, O Tyre and Sidon and all you regions of Philistia? Are you repaying me for something I have done? If you are paying me back, I will swiftly and speedily return on your own heads what you have done. 5 For you took my silver and my gold and carried off my finest treasures to your temples. 6 You sold the people of Judah and Jerusalem to the Greeks, that you might send them far from their homeland.

7 "See, I am going to rouse them out of the places to which you sold them, and I will return on your own heads what you have done. 8 I will sell your sons and daughters to the people of Judah, and they will sell them to the Sabeans, a nation far away." The LORD has spoken.

9 Proclaim this among the nations:
20 Judah will be inhabited forever
and Jerusalem through all generations.

21 Their bloodguilt, which I have not pardoned,
I will pardon."
The LORD dwells in Zion!

If a god indeed created this universe, it would not sound like the blabbering idiot of the bible. No god who created such a complex Universe, full of atoms, trillions of unseen things to the human eye, governed by laws that humans cannot understand and are just starting to touch, would talk like that. The followers of that childish god of the bible, keep humans from exploring more in depth. They hinder human development of thought, and science, and cooperation. It is used for control. I for one think the bible is total "hooey". Let's hope the rapture is soon!

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Somebody at the start of all this questioned WHO WROTE THE BIBLE?. I totally agree with that. How do you know it isn't a bunch of lies. I think it is with a sprinkling of truth.

We could go on forever about this and every one has a right to what they believe. I don't know all the bible facts about who is the whatever from the south and something about a seven headed monster.

The main point I am trying to make is how do you know the Bible has not been maniputlated by mankind in order to brainwash and plant guilt and fear.

Bible is just a bunch of old words that don't make sense when you read them and is a huge lie. My opinion, if you like it then that is awesome I wish you the best.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
Let's hope the rapture is soon!

AMEN! You want us out of here and I am ready to leave. Just remember you were told before hand what it was all about.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   

it did no exist prior to that, nobody wrote about it, the bible was hijacked to fit hysterical interpretations by religious hucksters in the late 19th century.

"For all the saints and Elect of God are gathered, prior to the Tribulation that is to come, and are taken to the Lord lest they see the confusion that is to overwhelm the world because of our sins" (On the Last Times, the Antichrist, and the End of the World, by Ephraem the Syrian, A.D. 373).

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
hard topic of discussion, especially with no back up!!

www.bible.org...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join