It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

for those of you out there who may think that the Bible is just a bunch of hoooowee

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Irans rant

Above you will find in the article a statement coming out of Iran which may or may not concern you. What I find facinating is how it lines up precisely with the Word of God.

Please read the article then read the entire passage below.

I believe that we may very well be looking at the very fulfillment of these prophesies. I'm sorry if some just don't get it!

Joel 3
The Nations Judged
1 "In those days and at that time,
when I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem,
2 I will gather all nations
and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. [a]
There I will enter into judgment against them
concerning my inheritance, my people Israel,
for they scattered my people among the nations
and divided up my land.

3 They cast lots for my people
and traded boys for prostitutes;
they sold girls for wine
that they might drink.

4 "Now what have you against me, O Tyre and Sidon and all you regions of Philistia? Are you repaying me for something I have done? If you are paying me back, I will swiftly and speedily return on your own heads what you have done. 5 For you took my silver and my gold and carried off my finest treasures to your temples. 6 You sold the people of Judah and Jerusalem to the Greeks, that you might send them far from their homeland.

7 "See, I am going to rouse them out of the places to which you sold them, and I will return on your own heads what you have done. 8 I will sell your sons and daughters to the people of Judah, and they will sell them to the Sabeans, a nation far away." The LORD has spoken.

9 Proclaim this among the nations:
Prepare for war!
Rouse the warriors!
Let all the fighting men draw near and attack.

10 Beat your plowshares into swords
and your pruning hooks into spears.
Let the weakling say,
"I am strong!"

11 Come quickly, all you nations from every side,
and assemble there.
Bring down your warriors, O LORD!

12 "Let the nations be roused;
let them advance into the Valley of Jehoshaphat,
for there I will sit
to judge all the nations on every side.

13 Swing the sickle,
for the harvest is ripe.
Come, trample the grapes,
for the winepress is full
and the vats overflow—
so great is their wickedness!"

14 Multitudes, multitudes
in the valley of decision!
For the day of the LORD is near
in the valley of decision.

15 The sun and moon will be darkened,
and the stars no longer shine.

16 The LORD will roar from Zion
and thunder from Jerusalem;
the earth and the sky will tremble.
But the LORD will be a refuge for his people,
a stronghold for the people of Israel.

Blessings for God's People
17 "Then you will know that I, the LORD your God,
dwell in Zion, my holy hill.
Jerusalem will be holy;
never again will foreigners invade her.
18 "In that day the mountains will drip new wine,
and the hills will flow with milk;
all the ravines of Judah will run with water.
A fountain will flow out of the LORD's house
and will water the valley of acacias.

19 But Egypt will be desolate,
Edom a desert waste,
because of violence done to the people of Judah,
in whose land they shed innocent blood.

20 Judah will be inhabited forever
and Jerusalem through all generations.

21 Their bloodguilt, which I have not pardoned,
I will pardon."
The LORD dwells in Zion!

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   
~~

i often find it difficult to 'connect the dots'

just when & where in that Joel 3 excerpt is Iran, i.e. Persia, mentioned??

it mentions Judah & Zion, also peoples decended from the Israelite tribes
chiefly it warns Egypt & Edom will be laid waste
& to lesser extent Tyre, Sidon, & Philistines

thanks for posting
but it (Joel 3 passage) seems so vaporous & distant, and coming together in some possible future timeline, to me

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Simple question for the OP

Who exactly wrote the bible?

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Interesting analysis, but I think that the Ezekiel 38,39 prophecy may be more if not just as relevant. Persia is mentioned specifically by name there. For those of you that are too lazy to look it up this is going to be quite a war. It will take them 7 months to bury the bodies, and Iran doesn't win

The only real argument is if this is before, during, or at the end of the last 7 years (Tribulation period)

[edit on 5-5-2006 by dbates]

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

The only real argument is if this is before, during, or at the end of the last 7 years (Tribulation period)

Do you really have to ask?
How long has Bush been in office?
when do we expect this war to happen (soon)?
if that isn't enough...

Feeling tribulated lately?
I have...

the mark of the beast is among us...

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Yeah, and 25 years ago, all the prophecies pointed to Russia and the events going on at the time in the middle east. Gog and Magog, blah blah blah.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Graystar
19 But Egypt will be desolate,

Hate to break it to you, but Egypt is anything but desolate these days and is doing a good job staying out of regional conflicts.

But hey, pick and choose, pick and choose. All the apocalypse fans are pickers and choosers. They pick and choose what fits their little warped perceptions and conveniently ignore stuff that doesn't.

Oh, and BTW, I don't think the Bible is necessarily a lot of hooey, but the people who espouse Biblical stuff like this are definitely full of it.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   

For those of you that are too lazy to look it up this is going to be quite a war. It will take them 7 months to bury the bodies, and Iran doesn't win

correct me if i'm mistaken, but in the final war, nobody wins. it'll all just be one big ol' stink hole

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I'm noticing some christians who are blinded into thinking this will be Armageddon (this imminent war with Iran). The only problem is the Messiah that will 'return' after this will not be Jesus Christ. If I am understanding everything correctly the Church of Philadelphia will be gone before or sometime around the time the first blow between Israel and Iran is shared.

This war will be the global excuse and 'need' for someone to step up and restore peace.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Correction: (You asked for it) Even if we stick with Ezekiel's passage you'll see that Israel is the definite victor. They have enough supplies for 7 years after the battle. Funny that 7 is mentioned, which does make some think that this event is before the final 7 years.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Israel is the definite victor.

Sure they are/will be, because they are the ones preparing the place for the Anti Christ.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiseSheep
The only problem is the Messiah that will 'return' after this will not be Jesus Christ. If I am understanding everything correctly the Church of Philadelphia will be gone before or sometime around the time the first blow between Israel and Iran is shared.

IMO the church of philadelphia is nothing more than a oppressive personality cult, that will find itself WRONG in the end. They are based from here, and the locals think of them worse than the davidians...
For those that dont know, the original Church split, and the vast majority became mainstream church members...
the rest became a cult.

My main reason for this, is they are CONSTANTLY added to, and taking away from the word, all while lying and saying they are "keeping it real"

they prove, that if you say something often enough, a lie becomes truth.

Sorry for the rant, but they are currently abusing two children that i know... DHS has been told to leave them alone, as they have good lawyers (and lots of money)

[edit on 5-5-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
IMO the church of philadelphia is nothing more than a oppressive personality cult

You may want to follow the link. The letter to the Church of Philadelphia was a reference to a category of people in existence today. Has nothing to do with the name.

Church of Philadelphia = Anyone who has accepted Jesus Christ and holds true to his teachings. This doesn't mean they are part of a cult, denomination, etc as that won't amount to a hill of beans on Judgment Day.

As far as the child abuse;

Jesus said that anything you do to the least of these, you've done it to him.

I know first hand about child abuse as my mother was abused repeatedly by her (pastor) father. If these folks don't repent and turn from their ways, flames await.

Understand that in the present day so called christian church, lucifer has done a fine job of infiltration. Child abuse and the occult go hand in hand also.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Ahhh,
I see what context you were using now...

Too bad a cult hijacked the name.
thanks for clarification, and understanding.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   

21 Their bloodguilt, which I have not pardoned,
I will pardon."
The LORD dwells in Zion!

That strikes me as an interesting verse. So God is still angry over Jesus Christ being killed aparently, but by delivering Jews from a war in the middle East in a passover like fashion reconciliation will be made. Makes sense. I also find interesting that Iran is the particular focus which initiates the war, JUST LIKE IN MUSLIM PROPHECIES (the Muslim "messiah"/Mahdi looks exactly like Antichrist, and he starts his war of conquest from Khurasan, which is Iran, only stopping at Jerusalem).

[edit on 5-5-2006 by Nakash]

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Is nice and interesting to find links between the past and the present in the name of prophecies.

But what many fail to understand is that many of these happenings of the Bible specially in the old testament was the struggles and happenings of the world at the time with the outcome in that time.

Yes many look at it like may fit or explain the present but actually is still the past.

But as time tells sometimes events in history may repeat themselves in the future.

[edit on 5-5-2006 by marg6043]

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
As is always the case.
The passages of the bible can be twisted and manipulated to point to any biligerent that appears on the world scene, at any given time. This has been done for over two thousand years.
To all those that see the bible as some sort of prophetic road map. Your belief in the bible does not constitute proof or even plausibility to us that are objective observers.
I don't mean to, in any way, cast aspersions on your belief. However, the same passages you espouse in this post have been used many times in the past, to point to other problem areas and people, depending upon the contemporary situations.
I know that I'm going to hell because of my point of view. I've been told that before.
If I have learned anything by living in today's time-frame. It is to put very little credence in what people say or what is written. Even though countless others believe, wholeheartedly that the message is from God. The suicide bombers believe that their message comes from God as well. And, at the risk of insulting many, God isn't doing alot to dispel this erroneous belief either.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
You still havent convinced me the bible isnt a bunch of hooie. These so called prophecies are tailor interpreted to fit whatever events the person reading them wants to see. Could be applied to many things.

by the way, these conflicts have been going on in the middle east unhindered for the past three thousands years.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Now I respect every person's right to believe in whatever they want, but, like all religions, there is absolutely no hard fact to back anything at all of this up.

That is why it is called a 'FAITH', because you have to take the word of someone who might never even have existed as 'gospel' and ignore the lack of physical evidence.

Might I suggest that for those of you who believe so strongly in all of this just be prepared to accept that you just might have it all wrong.

I am not saying I have all the answers, but I for one need more evidence. You would never get a conviction in any civilised court anywhere inthe world with the evidence on which many people base their entire belief systems, and indeed their lives.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   

This is the True Face of PIG known as Jesus Christ!

JESUS CHRIST IS, IN TRUTH, THE REAL
GREAT WHORE, THE PROSTITUTE AND KING OF BABYLON=THE 666.

www.gaiaguys.net...

CULT RELIGION:

JESUS CHRIST IS AN EVIL INVENTION CREATED TO ENSLAVE THE WHOLE HUMANKIND

"The most sordid pretext of maximum power in the name of false and mendacious love that literally walks over dead bodies without hesitation or scruple.

Backed by the false doctrine of the New Testament, the Christian cult religion meddles in the politics of all countries. Moreover, it is not embarrassed to interfere in the most intimate family life of human beings --even in the bed of marriage partners--in order even there to attack and destroy the last and most private secrets of human beings.

Now finally has come the time when a stop can be put to all these unscrupulous activities, if man becomes sensible enough, revises his thinking and devotes himself to the real teachings of Jmmanuel. In all likelihood, all those who have bashed their heads against the brick wall of the cult religions deceitful madness and are therefore no longer capable of normal and sensible thinking, will fight and oppose it with all means; and yet, their desperate fight will be in vain because truth will be stronger than any cult-religious mania or dirty lie, even though the lie has been in existence for thousands of years. The scandalous falsehoods of cult religions will now be shattered and destroyed for good, no matter how much the cult religions and all their followers and advocates rebel against it. Finally truth will be victorious, even though it must be secured through great struggles, as it has been written in the Scriptures, which say that the truth will provoke a worldwide catastrophe. However, truth is required and must no longer be silenced. A catastrophe will be understandable if one considers that the cult religions have attained immense power, which so far has enabled them to suppress, with murderous and sordid means, all truths directed against them. They will again attempt to do this, even if it means indulging in murder as has often been the case in the past." - Billy Meier, Talmud Jmmanuel, Introduction

www.gaiaguys.net...

JESUS CHRIST IS AN EVIL INVENTION CREATED TO ENSLAVE THE WHOLE HUMANKIND

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join