It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

for those of you out there who may think that the Bible is just a bunch of hoooowee

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
What I find to be very interesting is that the Ezekiel war in many peoples eyes has now become the Iran war because of all the focus on that nation. Yet Ezekiel mentioned a whole group of nations in those ezekiel prophecies, and Iran wasn't even the principle nation mentioned. All of those other nations are not gearing up for any kind of major offensive against Israel and neither is Iran.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
All I know is that my head has been going heywire and with so many people believing the world is at it's final stages, there must be some sort of eventual climax to this whole matter. I give it 2 decades to really manifest.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoQuest
What I find to be very interesting is that the Ezekiel war in many peoples eyes has now become the Iran war because of all the focus on that nation.

From the best of my understanding it really depends on the action Russia takes if any.

Originally posted by NeoQuest
Yet Ezekiel mentioned a whole group of nations in those ezekiel prophecies, and Iran wasn't even the principle nation mentioned. All of those other nations are not gearing up for any kind of major offensive against Israel and neither is Iran.

but look at Iran's buddies.

Think about this. If we (USA) go ahead and shut down and replace Iran's government with a puppet(Iraq) style government without the other nations lifting a finger. The Gog/Magog war will then be impossible because of the fact that the Newly Installed Iranian puppet government will be on Israelli Government payroll (for lack of better terms). The replacement of Iran's government/bank can't preceed the WWIII/Gog-Magog/Fake Armageddon. If so Persia wouldn't be in the mix.

SO, If Iran/Persia says, "You hit me, I hit Israel." hmmm. What will the other nations hit if they come to Iran's aid (that is minus very possible targets on US soil).

well, that's the picture between my ears anyway. :/

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I am a firm believer in biblical prophecy and phophecies of other cultures. However, I find the book of Revelations is clear cut and precise in what it is saying.

I have read Revelations over and over again. However, there are events that have taken place recently, which I feel are relevant to today. I don't know if anybody has noticed the increase of geotechtonic activity, flooding, hurricanes, and the awakening of what was dormant volcanoes.

Not trying to sound like a doom-sayer, but I can see that we are definitely in the end times, and if not in our lifetime, but the lifetime of the children who will be living in those times-it will be a time of great upheaval.

Same with the talk of microchipping people in the future. I consider that to be the 'mark of the beast'.

Also, why on the 6th of this month-there are telly programmes centering on what I would term the 'dark lord' that rules this planet. Why is he being given credibility? He has not done any favours to anybody; except create chaos.

I know there have been programmes relating to demons on other shows, but there is one in particular that unrattles me and it gives me the creeps everytime they show the preview of it on air. It is a documentary and when they show the face it frightens me.

There was a cloud with the exact same face overlooking our city back in the 90's. Alot of people in their cars saw it and the face they show on telly was eerily similiar. It is still talked about by those of us who saw it.

If I had had a digital camera at the time; I would have photographed it. Why it made me cringe was the evil intent in it's eyes and it was formed from dark clouds. The tornado I had survived with the others of our town at the time-somebody photographed Christ in it. Miracously, only 5 people were killed that day; although the town had been practically laid waste.

So, if Christ can manifest Himself in clouds; why can't the dark one? I will be glad when the dark one is thrown into the pit.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
i do not know about this thread, but one thing i do know. the people running this world are always cautious about these things, and are worried that these things can escalate into something bigger than they can handle.

although i do believe they will come out ok in the end, they are wary of starting this thing with iran.

i always remember after 911, there was an american senetor that said - america has its destiny in its own hands. you can read that statement a few ways, but i also read it, that america will decide what is going to happen to its own country and no one else will.

if you look at who really runs this world, is the spirit world, we have 2 sides, i.e what we call god and the devil(what each means i do not know). which side america is on is up to you, but i do not think america is on the side of who ever the bible came from and which god it depicts, i believe it is on the other.

i do think that america and england are both fighting forces, that want alternate futures, and they will do anything they can to bring there future to pass.

personally i think this world and race of people will go on for along time to come, but does not mean we may have some dodgy times ahead.

[edit on 3-6-2006 by andy1033]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
:shk:

No comment. Ok...I can laugh, though.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rachel07

I have read Revelations over and over again. However, there are events that have taken place recently, which I feel are relevant to today. I don't know if anybody has noticed the increase of geotechtonic activity, flooding, hurricanes, and the awakening of what was dormant volcanoes.

What do you consider an "increase"? Hurricanes go through a natural 50 year cycle, so 50 years ago there would have been more Hurricanes also, and 100 years, and 150 years.

How can you know that there has been an increase in "geotechtonic" activity? The technology for measuring such activity on a global scale has been around for what, 60 years? And even before that the ability to measure it locally is only a century old if that. So you have one century's worth of data to compare to millions of years of unknown activity.

Not trying to sound like a doom-sayer, but I can see that we are definitely in the end times, and if not in our lifetime, but the lifetime of the children who will be living in those times-it will be a time of great upheaval.

I've been hearing this for 37 years now though, thats what bugs me about these end times discussions. When I was a teenager I was a rabid reader of Hal Lindsey and all of his works. Back then it was Russia and China, before that it was Rome, now it's the Middle East, 500 years from now it might be Alpha Centauri. Every year was marked as one year or another in the 7 year tribulation, every leader was the antichrist in one form or another, every hurricane, earthquake, volcanic eruption was just "one more sign that the end is near". I wasted a lot of my youth worrying that the world was going to end tomorrow, I wish I had that time back

Also, why on the 6th of this month-there are telly programmes centering on what I would term the 'dark lord' that rules this planet. Why is he being given credibility? He has not done any favours to anybody; except create chaos.

Because it IS 06/06/06 and the television programmers, book publishers, and movie producers know it is a once in a century marketing hook.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
There was a girl in my high school that was very religious to the point of being fanatical, who stated that the world would end on June 8th, 1988, our graduation day. Of course, that didn't come to pass at all

To the point of discussion now, I'd have to agree that we're getting closer but not yet in, the end times. I choose to think of what's going on now as the 'birthing pains' that are described in Matthew 24..... which only means that before anything gets better (for those of us that believe and are saved) it's going to be getting a lot worse.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
So this is for those of us who think but about about those of us who know the Bible is crap. We also have the evidence to support that the bible took some of it's stories from earlier cultures like the sumeriens, Moses in Egypt what a joke, Jesus Christ not even a real name 2000 years ago.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Pfft nice call dude.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I have always found it interesting that people find comfort in believing the world is about to end...

Most dont even know where Revelations came from...it certainly was not the first edition, the sybilline oracles preceeded revelations by 800-1000 years, and reads as the rough draft for revelations. The hysteria taking over America coming from the fundamentalist right wing, and exploited so well by the Bush White House is tragic.
Because they believe the world should end, they will support War in the Middle East, and the more people die, the more comfort they will feel. Their Mistaken Beliefs are validated by Massive amounts of death and destruction. They are the anti Chists they so fervently seek.

The fundamentalist right wight does not understand the simple foundation the Bible rests on, yet feel righteous (sic) indignation that wholesale killing in the middle east is not yet begun.
So many people so ignorant to follow the president of the United States over the Cliff.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I agree toolman. For as long as there has been religion and faith, mankind has always committed atrocities in the name of their Gods. Christianity is by no means innocent of this, as kingdoms have for the last 2000 years if not more used Christianity amoung other religions for earthly gain.

The Bible will always be questioned in regards to its authenticity and its origins. But I believe even if it has been altered and parts added/left out over time, it still contains the word of God. And in every humans soul they know which to be truth and which to be lies.

As for finding comfort in Armegeddon, i supppose some Christians are eager to see their faith proved right. Or others merely want to see the suffering of so many people put to an end. Ignorance is bliss but in the end would be to costly. I for one as I'm sure alot of other people, are just watching and waiting. But dont put off a picnic because there's a chance of rain. Just be prepared and take an Umbrella.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 03:21 AM
link   
View my video (in my sig) and witness the rapidly approaching birth of computer AI "The Beast" that even debunks the New Ager's claims that 2012 mayan prophecy will bring a spiritual "transformation of consciousness" and mass scale telepathy.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   
There is no mayan prophecy relating to 2012. There are people running around creating hysterical predictions.

The book of revelations you speak of in your link was called the sybilline oracles in their original version. They were written 800 Odd years before Christ walked the earth, and included in the bible as a political compromise between the organized Church and Emperor Constantine in 326 AD.

People are creating hsyteria based on mayan prophecies that do not exist, along with biblical prophecies that do not exist.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
O?

As the translator notes, this collection should more properly titled 'the Pseudo-Sibylline Oracles'. The original Sibylline Books were closely-guarded oracular scrolls written by prophetic priestesses (the Sibylls) in the Etruscan and early Roman Era as far back as the 6th Century B.C.E. These books were destroyed, partially in a fire in 83 B.C.E., and finally burned by order of the Roman General Flavius Stilicho (365-408 C.E.).

There is very little knowledge of the actual contents of the original Sibylline Books. The texts which are presented here are forgeries, probably composed between the second to sixth century C.E. They purport to predict events which were already history or mythological history at the time of composition, as well as vague all-purpose predictions, especially woe for various cities and countries such as Rome and Assyria.

www.sacred-texts.com...

[edit on 18-6-2006 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
You post a single link...there is a lot of information regarding the sybilline oraclse, from Hadrian, from poets, from Roman records and government references.

Revelations is derived from far earlier writings.... people are in a tizzy over the visions from prophets that lived in caves ingesting mushrooms and living in drug induced fantasies.

Christ knew enough to refrain from trash like revelations...why cant his followers.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I posted a quality historical source, and you post more claims. Back up your argument or you sound biased, and bias is bad.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Graystar

For those of you out there who may think that the Bible is just a bunch of hoooowee

Man was i dissapointed, i am one of the people who KNOW for sure that the bible is a piece of fiction, written by a multitude of people, and has been translated/re-written more times then any book.

I came in this thread expecting some sort of mind blowing argument to convince me of the opposite, yet this thread doens't deliver.

IS it just me or are 50% of the devout christians out there realy actualy hoping that the fire and brimstone Apocalips will take place tomorrow ?

I'm sorry if some just don't get it!

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Simple question for the OP

Who exactly wrote the bible?

Tricky question...which one? The original was in Aramaic [sp] Then Hebrew, The Greek, now in English with a few versions like the "King James Version"

All wriiten by man, except supposedly the first Aramaic version was dictated by God, except the Gospels of Jesus's followers which were their personal versions of the events surrounding Jesus and then there are the books of Soloman written by King Soloman... shall I go on?
ex

[edit on 20-6-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Is nice and interesting to find links between the past and the present in the name of prophecies.

But what many fail to understand is that many of these happenings of the Bible specially in the old testament was the struggles and happenings of the world at the time with the outcome in that time.

Yes many look at it like may fit or explain the present but actually is still the past.

But as time tells sometimes events in history may repeat themselves in the future.

[edit on 5-5-2006 by marg6043]

Right on the money with THAT one! And we still haven't learned from History even though its all spelled out for us, so it will continue to repeat. Once upon a time I had real hopes for the Human race... that we were finally learning something... but watching the news these days

Maybe a little Armegadon would be nice... smack us in the face and wake us up

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join