It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Israel Have Nukes???

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
mad scientist:

NOw, if the Israeli's really wanted Palestinian genocide, then they would hvae done the job years ago. This is a curious form of genocide the Israeli's are practising, the first case I know of where the population went up

Ever hear of the Warsaw Ghetto? Where thousands of Jews were held in a tiny area in Poland, locked in and denied basic necessities? Sound familiar?

Israel has been doing that to Palestine for 35+ years.

90 UN Resolutions DEMANDING that they stop. But I guess that's just because the entire UN is anti-Semitic?

Israel has been inflicting collective punishment on the Palestinians for decades, and they continue to, despite world-wide outcry (again, I'm sure these people are all anti-Semitic, right?).

Saying that what Israel does to Palestine is evil, is terrorism, and is contrary to international law is NOT anti-Semitic. It's LOGIC. It's EVIDENT. It's REALITY.

Of course, do I expect any of the blind pro-Zionists to admit that? Nope.

So just go find the sites that back up your info with lies and misinformation. I will continue to say what you know is true but can't accept it.

Israel is like an abused child that grows up to be an abusive parent.

Don't think that Arabs don't read the "Made in the USA" stamp that comes on every IDF helicopter raining death on Gaza streets.

Is it a coincidence that it's almost EXCLUSIVELY Jewish people and Israelis who defend the Illegal Occupation? Why is it that almost every non-Jew on the planet identifies more with the Palestinians?

It's not anti-Semitism. Everyone hates a bully, and Israel is a murderous, lying bully most of the time.

Have a good day!

-jakomo

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Jakamo, once agin it isn't genocide simple as that, that is the only point I'm making. I bleieve as well, that the population of the Warsaw Ghetto never rose and it was liquidated within a few years.

There is no comparison between the two.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Madscientist:

Jakamo, once agin it isn't genocide simple as that

I agree that it’s not genocide. They are not necessarily trying to wipe out the Palestinians, but they are marginalizing, terrorizing, and intimidating a huge population. And have been doing so for decades.

Most of the cards are in Israel’s hands, since it is clearly the aggressor (powerful military and air force vs guys with rocks)… but things just keep spiraling and I imagine they will always do so.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
Hmm, welcome to the 3rd world there are hundreds of millions of people who live like that and worse,

3rd world? Whats 3rd world got to do with Israeli's crossing over and illegally dumping their toxic wastes onto palestinian properties? Im not talking about just their own garbage.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

Originally posted by mad scientist
Hmm, welcome to the 3rd world there are hundreds of millions of people who live like that and worse,

3rd world? Whats 3rd world got to do with Israeli's crossing over and illegally dumping their toxic wastes onto palestinian properties? Im not talking about just their own garbage.

i think what he's saying is that it's not just the palestinian's that have it bad..and that some people have it worse than them

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by police_officer339
Your thought, opinions and ideas are wonderful on here.
They are however simply that, your opinion. The facts are simple....
1. The country of Israel has never threatened to use nukes
2. Iran has
3. Israel has NEVER made an unprovoked attack on Palistine, only ever retalitory strikes in response to cowardly acts of homicide bombings.
4. Regardless of what anyone may THINK... the fact are exactly that...facts
5. Iraq was in progress of wiping out an entire segment of people, (the Kurds)
6. We stopped that

"Just the facts mam"

So much for your first "fact."

Israel HAS "jokingly" threatened to use nuclear blackmail on Europe to get reparation money for the Holocaust.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
Israel HAS "jokingly" threatened to use nuclear blackmail on Europe to get reparation money for the Holocaust.

Can you link that "jokingly" source or sources, cause I am not able to find anything to verify your above mention?

seekerof

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Hmm, never heard of that before, you aren't making it up are you
Who said this, when did they say it ?

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Hmm, never heard of that before, you aren't making it up are you
Who said this, when did they say it ? I fond itr highly unlikely especially when Israel doesn't officially acknowlege their nuclear program, therefore they wouldn't make a threat to use nuclear weapons.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I have looked all over and fail to find and validation to that statement.

Look as if he made it up to support his disbelief of the facts I posted.

I have the links for all of mine if you guys want to see them, but I am guessing you all have them anyway. ATS people are like that, verifiable..LOL

Thanks

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
police:

I have the links for all of mine if you guys want to see them, but I am guessing you all have them anyway. ATS people are like that, verifiable..LOL

Israel has NEVER made an unprovoked attack on Palistine, only ever retalitory strikes in response to cowardly acts of homicide bombings

NEVER. Because you somehow know all that the IDF does.

I will not use the word NEVER when dealing with things I clearly can not know 100%.

You should practice the same.

Oh and by the way, even if somehow provoked, Israel's COLLECTIVE PUNISHMENT is illegal according to International Law. Better luck next time.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I can use the word NEVER, because myself and several others on here were unable to substantiate the obvious false statement you posted to supprt your weak position.
I can only assume your position is weak in your mind as well, or why the necessity to fabricate to support?

The word is also applicable when the author, (you) only uses an attack to sideline the scrutiny given to his statements. If you are zealous about this, then stand up for what you have said, if not then why are you here.

Israel HAS NEVER threatened to use nukes in a first strike...

There I said it again.HAS NEVER

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
jakomo quote:
"Oh and by the way, even if somehow provoked, Israel's COLLECTIVE PUNISHMENT is illegal according to International Law. Better luck next time."

What International law???
Statutes based on Treaty??? If so what treaty??
International guidelines imposed by Interpol, are not applicable.
U.N. Guidelines?
Perhaps you speak of the guidelines in place under U.N. Management,

quote "Customary international law results when states follow certain practices generally and consistently out of a sense of legal obligation. Recently the customary law was codified in the Vienna Convention on the Law of Treaties (www.un.org...). Conventional international law derives from international agreements and may take any form that the contracting parties agree upon. Agreements may be made in respect to any matter except to the extent that the agreement conflicts with the rules of international law "

I was unaware of any such agreement.

[edit on 5/4/2006 by police_officer339]

[edit on 5/4/2006 by police_officer339]

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
police:

Israel HAS NEVER threatened to use nukes in a first strike...

No, no, no, you said: Israel has NEVER made an unprovoked attack on Palistine, only ever retalitory strikes in response to cowardly acts of homicide bombings

I said you can’t prove that. And you didn’t, because you can’t. Next.

I said "Oh and by the way, even if somehow provoked, Israel's COLLECTIVE PUNISHMENT is illegal according to International Law. Better luck next time."

Your answer is :

What International law???
Statutes based on Treaty??? If so what treaty??
International guidelines imposed by Interpol, are not applicable.
U.N. Guidelines?
Perhaps you speak of the guidelines in place under U.N. Management,

No, the Geneva Conventions. Protocol I, article 75(2d).’

The following acts are and shall remain prohibited at any time and in any place whatsoever, whether committed by civilian or by military agents:
 (a) violence to the life, health, or physical or mental well-being of persons, in particular:
 (i) murder;
 (ii) torture of all kinds, whether physical or mental;
 (iii) corporal punishment; and
 (iv) mutilation;
 (b) outrages upon personal dignity, in particular humiliating and degrading treatment, enforced prostitution and any form of indecent assault;
 (c) the taking of hostages;
 (d) collective punishments; and
 (e) threats to commit any of the foregoing acts

Or is Israel somehow exempt from the Geneva Conventions? Created to protect the weak. You know, like the Jews were pre-WWII.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Not even close jakamo
see the geneva convention was very specific and narrow in it's scope. Dealing with the act or war, the countries involved in war and the articles of war. Before the articles of convention are applicable, war must be declared between two sovereign nations...

ckick here and you can read the articles...I have several times.

www.genevaconventions.org...

Again all conjecture on your part with no evidence, links or anything other than propaganda

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Oh yea..and if you do click the link you will see where you miss-quoted.

Was that a mistake or just "adjusting it" to fit your stand on this issue?

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Israel is a rogue nuke nation along with the likes of North Korea and Pakistan. If Israel wants more respect then it has to become an equal partner with its allies which it is not doing. Israel does what it wants when it wants, where it wants and always has. The world has to stop when Israel is offended or wants something. It is getting tiring to say the least.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Israel is a rogue nuke nation along with the likes of North Korea and Pakistan. If Israel wants more respect then it has to become an equal partner with its allies which it is not doing. Israel does what it wants when it wants, where it wants and always has. The world has to stop when Israel is offended or wants something. It is getting tiring to say the least.

Tiring? Surely not old boy.

Whilst Israel has much to learn and I have been both their friend and fiercest critic, I do believe that the genocide visited on them by the Nazi regime, has a lot to do with their mindset.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Palestinian terrorist wheel chair bombers
May 2 an Israeli border guard west of Hebron saw bomb wires which led to a Palestinian
cripple in a wheel chair hiding in the roadside bushes. His wheel chair was rigged with an
explosive device with detonator made of a mortar shell packed with gunpowder, shrapnel
and cartridges. When the IDF approached, two men ran off leaving the cripple behind. debka

as long as israel has to deal with thing's like this there will be no change in the nuclear position they take at the present time!

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It is simply my opinion and observation that the issue of whether or not anyone thinks Israel should have or should not have nukes, has very little indeed to do with the inherent dangers of a nuclear country. Reading the previous postings, it becomes apparent that emotions are the rule of the day on this post.

A hatred of all things Israel, does not effectively alter the fact that they do in fact have nuclear weapons.
A love for all things Israel also will do little to change this.

It remains a fact that Israel had a working Nuclear program and working Nuclear weapons (2 reportedly) by the six day war in 1967. They apparently armed them, yet did not use them.
www.fas.org...

By the Yam Kippur war of 1973, Israel was in possession of a number of nuclear weapons, again not using them.
www.science.co.il...

No one can foretell the future, only make a judgment based on past performance. In the six day war and again in Yom Kippur, Israel faced very real defeat, yet refrained from the use of their most powerful weapon.
Israel has never initiated an attack on any of the countries that have attacked them. We see only retaliatory strikes on the Palestinian people in reaction to homicide bombings and other acts of terror.

So taking emotion out of the equation it would appear that Israel having Nukes is a moot point.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join