It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Israel Have Nukes???

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by police_officer339

Israel has never initiated an attack on any of the countries that have attacked them. We see only retaliatory strikes on the Palestinian people in reaction to homicide bombings and other acts of terror.

So taking emotion out of the equation it would appear that Israel having Nukes is a moot point.

Well, not entirely true, they were the agressors along with the French and The Brits in the 1956 Suez Canal crisis. They invaded the Gaza strip and the Sinai. So Israel has initiated an attack against a country which has attacked them before. You could go further and say that the 1956 Suez crisis led to the 67 and 73 wars.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Suez canal..Right...
Gaza sorry
www.masada2000.org...

Israel took the Gaza strip yes, immediately after the war in 1967,(where Israel was attacked without provocation) where Israel drove back Egypt, Jordan and Syria.

So I will rephrase.....
On it's own, Israel has never attacked another sovereign country. (Israel was assisting Britain and France)

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
So I will rephrase.....
On it's own, Israel has never attacked another sovereign country. (Israel was assisting Britain and France)

Well I guess that depends on how you look at Israel's Peace for Gallilee Operation which was the invasion of Lebanon in 1982.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Yea...missed another.

But I hope you will excuse me, I was involved in my own little war at that time.

OK, Not "MY" war but it seems that way when your there.

[edit on 5/8/2006 by semperfortis]

[edit on 5/8/2006 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Suez canal..Right...
Gaza sorry
www.masada2000.org...

Israel took the Gaza strip yes, immediately after the war in 1967,(where Israel was attacked without provocation) where Israel drove back Egypt, Jordan and Syria.

So I will rephrase.....

So very wrong my friend. If you'd read my earlier post, you'd see that I stated that Israel did indeed launch a pre-emptive strike against the air force's of Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon between 0430 and 0645 and then Syria and Iraq between 0500 - 0700 on June 5th 1967.

At the same time, armoured forces under Tal, Sharon and Barak smashed into Eqypt, the West Bank and the Bekka valley.

This was the famous or infamous if you're an arab, Six Day War.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Yes... But
Everything I can find and have read says you are wrong.
That Israel was attacked without provocation.

Of course the anti-Israelites will disagree with everything up to and including the Holocaust.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by fritz
So very wrong my friend. If you'd read my earlier post, you'd see that I stated that Israel did indeed launch a pre-emptive strike against the air force's of Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon between 0430 and 0645 and then Syria and Iraq between 0500 - 0700 on June 5th 1967.

At the same time, armoured forces under Tal, Sharon and Barak smashed into Eqypt, the West Bank and the Bekka valley.

Well, no one disputes that if the ISraeli's hadn't made this preemptive strike, the Arab would have attacked in very short time. Israel saw them massing their forces adn chose prudently, to carry the war to the enemy - which of course worked brilliantly.

Also, I don't believe Lebanon had any part int eh 6 day war, or any Arab ISraeli conflicts except of course Operation Peace for Gallilee.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Asking who is supposed to have nukes is a lot like asking who is supposed to be in jail.

Nobody is supposed to be in jail, an Nobody should have nukes.

That's not really the question. The question is finding a safe and just way to keep them from being in jail or having nukes. You can't just let everyone out of jail because nobody is supposed to be there. That's unjust, it's dangerous to society, etc etc. You can't just disarm Israel because they aren't supposed to have nukes either. I won't say it's unjust, although some would say that it might be since that they do have many enemies, but I think we can all dang well agree that it'd be dangerous as hell (to try and disarm them).

Arms races are based on the principle of fighting fire with fire. It's not unlike throwing water on the wrong kind of chemical fire- you might just make matters worse.

You find poorly guarded angle to attack. If you can't put a fire out with water, you still have 2 more targets- eliminate the fuel or eliminate heat.

Same with arms races. You can't make someone drop their force levels by threatening them with force, but you can make them raise their civility by raisng yours. That's something that all nuclear powers need to be doing with one another. Deescalating. I'm not under the illusion that we'll ever get the genie back in the bottle. I'm just saying we can stop making wishes, since we dang well know that the genie is gonna find a way to screw us on them.

There will always be nukes in this world. There will probably always be nukes in Israel (not accounting for the fact that eventually we'll discover something so insidious that nukes become obsolete). Doesn't mean we can't reduce. Picture a world where 20 or 30 countries each had 10 huge bombs, but nobody had more than that. Nobody has enough to win, but everyone's got enough to darn well make a loser out of anyone who launches first.

Of course, in a round about way we've got that now, except it's very exclusive. Who is going to punish Israel if they use the bomb for instance?

Checks and balances. I think the day will come, once we've reduced our arsenals enough, that eventually proliferation, either to selected individual states or to an international organization responsible for retaliations, will actually become necessary, and proliferation will cease to be a dirty word. Of course that only underscores the horror of the fact that we discovered something so horrible that we can't even really aspire to destroy it.

I guess I'm saying that sooner or later, we'll have to stop worrying and love the bomb. Aint I just a ray of sunshine?

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist

Well, no one disputes that if the ISraeli's hadn't made this preemptive strike, the Arab would have attacked in very short time. Israel saw them massing their forces adn chose prudently, to carry the war to the enemy - which of course worked brilliantly.

Also, I don't believe Lebanon had any part int eh 6 day war, or any Arab ISraeli conflicts except of course Operation Peace for Gallilee.

I watched it on TV when I was at boarding school. On the news, morning, noon and night, and Yes! Lebanon was involved. They did use to have an army - of sorts!

I was very impressed by the Mustang pilots as they cut down telegraph poles!

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AntiHero

Who is going to punish Israel if they use the bomb for instance?

i dont even want to think what would happen if israel used a nuke probably WWIII and that's my final answer

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal

Originally posted by AntiHero

Who is going to punish Israel if they use the bomb for instance?

i dont even want to think what would happen if israel used a nuke probably WWIII and that's my final answer

Why would Israel nuke anybody?

What would be the point?

The Israeli Defence Force could probably defeat any or all the Arab forces in the Middle East should they ever choose to launch an attack against Israel.

Remember also, that Israel's back was up against the wall in the early stages of the Yom Kippur War in '82/83 and Israel was in danger of loosing the air to ground war.

Yet, with mounting losses and few replacements, Israel chose not to use her nuclear weapons.

They chose instead to grit their teeth and change tactics and thus avoided their first ever defeat.

No my friend, I seriously doubt if Israel will ever use her nuclear weapons. They are a deterrent, much like NATO's against the former Warsaw Pact.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I watched it on TV when I was at boarding school. On the news, morning, noon and night, and Yes! Lebanon was involved. They did use to have an army - of sorts!

I was very impressed by the Mustang pilots as they cut down telegraph poles!

No Lebanon wasn't involved.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
no one should have nukes.. its make huge dammage on our planet

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by HDD09
no one should have nukes.. its make huge dammage on our planet

Your statement is factually wrong. Not your fault of course because you are probably not a volcanologist.

When Mount St Helens errupted in the 80s, it threw up more dust and debris than all the nuclear war.s ever would, at least it has been reported as such.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   
i knowe that. but we can destroy our self whit nuke anywa. its get more power full. and one time in the future it wil get to powerfull. and make huge damage. så if become a nuke war then. it wil get awful..

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   

i knowe that. but we can destroy our self whit nuke anywa. its get more power full. and one time in the future it wil get to powerfull. and make huge damage. så if become a nuke war then. it wil get awful..
They serve as a deterrant to keep peace. Israel needs nukes especially with all those enemies like Iran.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by urmomma158

They serve as a deterrant to keep peace. Israel needs nukes especially with all those enemies like Iran.

They only serve as a deterrent IF your enemies supposed, or otherwise, are worried about casualties. In the case of iran, I doubt if they value human life as highly as we do in the so called educated west.

I suspect that what the President or Prime Minister of Iran said was for home consumption - a message to appease the masses - and a general two fingered salute in the direction of the good 'ole US of A.

On the other hand................hundreds of nuclear suicide bombers

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
^^^Yea but who wan't to be nuked NO ONE.Iran is too scared to attack Israel because they know they will eaten alive by NATO.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by urmomma158
^^^Yea but who wan't to be nuked NO ONE.Iran is too scared to attack Israel because they know they will eaten alive by NATO.

As a former member of NATO's forces, I used to know all our Allies.

Not too sure that Israel - being in the Middle East, is a member of NATO, which is mainly European and many former members of the Warsaw Pact.

But Israel a member of NATO? Surely not, old boy.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
NO.

They are already the most powerful country in the area in conventional arms means.

No need to have nukes...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join