It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Russia an Official Terrorist Nation?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Lemme see... Dictionary.com's description of terrorist: One that engages in acts or an act of terrorism.

Terrorism: The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

Was the invasion of Iraq lawful? Did the "coalition of the willing" form under a U.N. mandate? Is littering depleted uranium across the Iraqi countryside legal? Can bombing the snot out of the Iraqis in the name of democracy constitute the use of violence for ideological or political reasons? When it comes to intimidation and coersion, the U.S. is the head of the serpent.

After Iran, Venezuela will probably turn out to be another "terrorist" state if they trade more oil to the Chinese than to the Americans.

No offense to Joe and Jane American. I love your country. In particular, your constitution. Too bad the "administration" doesn't abide by its regulations.

-S

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   
The U.S. didnt terrorize the Iraqi's any worse than Saddam did. The U.S. may have had bad intentions once Saddam was gone but we did have our good intentions.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   
"The U.S. didnt terrorize the Iraqi's any worse than Saddam did. The U.S. may have had bad intentions once Saddam was gone but we did have our good intentions."

The average 18-20 year-old soldier had good intentions of liberating the Iraqis from Saddam's tyrrany. Bush and Cheyney are oil men and that's what they went there for. Iraq posed no threat to the U.S. Iraq had no WMDs. Saddam was all bark and no bite.

I have an American buddy who served in Iraq and now serves in S. Korea. Iraqis told him that as nutty as Saddam was there was order in the streets (which there isn't now). He said rape was uncommon under Saddam - rapists would have their goodies hacked off in public before being decapitated - but that now, with no law or order, rape is commonplace so girls and women can't walk alone even in daylight.

With Haliburton's U.S. employees doing all the repairs to the structures the U.S. Air force and Army did during the war, Iraqis are underemployed. The price of gas in Iraq went from 5 cents (U.S.) a litre before the invasion to over a dollar.

Nevermind your husband, brother, or son being dragged off to a foreign nation, fed pork on purpose (against Islamic law), drugged, beaten, and tortured where no law protects you... like Guantanimo Bay. Seen the photos from Abu Ghraib? Still think the U.S. administration isn't guilty of war crimes? Maybe the U.S. isn't any worse than Saddam, but it's definately not any better.

-S

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dana2006
tell me what european country doesn't sell drugs.I didn't know that you are so naive to believe russian lies. the chechen president at that time Johar Dodayev , did his best to build chechnya's economy and bulding the capacity of all governmental departments...etc. but no one of the western countries dared to help them even that he visited all eoropean countries and the US, even he visited arab and muslim countries to ask for assistance to build his new independent country. unfortunatly , all these governments refused to help him, at the same time , russian intelligence hired thousands of russian criminals and mercenaries, and infilterated them to chechnya, and they started the whole mess their. selling drugs , abducting western aid NGOs staff, interfering in other regions affairs, etc. at the same time accusing chechen of doing that. it is typical dirty tricks any western colonizing country uses in order subjugate entire nations like chechens.

Hmm,as far asi know Johar Dodayev was killed during the first Cechnya war,or that is also a russian media lie???Please note me trustable link or prove that russian intelligence hired thousands of russian criminals and mercenaries, and infilterated them to chechnya, and they started the whole mess"'!!Yes Joahr Dodayev was president during the war and he did everything to help his people,but after his death waht happend??Did Basajev go to ther countries to ask help??And for drugs:yes many countrys are selling drugs, but only few are making mayor economy on that!!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by swesais

Hmm,as far asi know Johar Dodayev was killed during the first Cechnya war,or that is also a russian media lie???

yes he was killed after the first war, but I can't ubderstand what's your point?

Please note me trustable link or prove that russian intelligence hired thousands of russian criminals and mercenaries, and infilterated them to chechnya, and they started the whole mess"'!!

These are some links, if you are so interested to reveal the truth, just search for "chechnya conflict" on google, and you can find lots of sources of information talking about russian atrocities in chechnya, all of them are western sources.

news.amnesty.org...

coombs.anu.edu.au...

hrw.org...

www.kavkazcenter.com...

www.ca-c.org...

www.tandf.co.uk...

I gave you 2 book tiltles so you can read about russian crimes in chechnya from the first day of the conflict between chechens and russians (300 years ago).

Yes Joahr Dodayev was president during the war and he did everything to help his people,but after his death waht happend??Did Basajev go to ther countries to ask help?? !!

he's no fool to visit these coward and hypocrite countries once again, Dodayev did that once, but noone offered to help him even Turkey, cowardly refuse to formally help chechens , only turkish civil organizations tried to help them and after 9/11, this help stopped, because americans forced all islamic and arabic NGOs to halt their aid activities to chechen refugees , by falsly accusing these NGOs of helping terrorists.

And for drugs:yes many countrys are selling drugs, but only few are making mayor economy on that!!!!???!!

hahaha...you made me laugh...tell me from what mr. putin and his cabinet accumulate wealth for themselves. from trafficking drugs from afgahnistan to europe and the US. 99% of russians are high from drugs. russians started drug busines in the region for the firast time, and established network of drug dealers in all soviet republics, after the collapse of soviet union , russian federation government , carry on poisoning the whole region by controlling drug business in all occupied countries in the caucusus. so stop accusing poor nations like chechens and dagistani of drug traficking, instead talk about the source of evil, RUSSIAN GOVERNMENT.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I have pleased a trustable link that prove that russian inteligence have recruited mercenaries to infiltrated Cechnya!!!!Thous Russian crimes i now better than you,and YES Russia is evil nation,and YES they are bad!!My point was that thous freedom fighters as equaly evil as Russia!!!No matter what crimes does Russian goverment and military did,but fight them in battlefield not in civilan cities!!!It is very good to blow up buildings,take hostages,sell drugs or peoples and tell it is a "'RESISTANCE"'.It is the same as "'WAR ON TERRORISM"'!!And for the islam,when you do a litlle research you will find that thous freedom fighters are vahabits(dont know if i'mposting wright),that is far away from peacefull,tolerant islam!!!!

[edit on 26-4-2006 by swesais]

[Mod Edit: Insult removed - Jak]

[edit on 1/5/06 by JAK]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   

hahaha...you made me laugh...tell me from what mr. putin and his cabinet accumulate wealth for themselves. from trafficking drugs from afgahnistan to europe and the US. 99% of russians are high from drugs. russians started drug busines in the region for the firast time, and established network of drug dealers in all soviet republics, after the collapse of soviet union , russian federation government , carry on poisoning the whole region by controlling drug business in all occupied countries in the caucusus. so stop accusing poor nations like chechens and dagistani of drug traficking, instead talk about the source of evil, RUSSIAN GOVERNMENT.

How did you know that 99% of russians are high from drugs!!Because of my work i have been recently in Russia,yes,they have drugs,but 99% of population to be high!???And for second yes they have stablished a drug network,but thous drugs is produced were??Cechnya,Azerbaidzhan, and other countrys in Abhasien!!!
And Mr.putin is accumulate wealth from oil,and other raw materials that Russia is selling to world!!!!Dont make opinion on sites like kavkazcenter.org,that is the same propoganda as official russian sites!!!!

[edit on 26-4-2006 by swesais]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   

You all know that russia is fighting "'terrorisms"' in Checnja,

Really! who told you that? didn't you read my post on this thread? russians are fighting chechens, and killing chechen civilians. russians and stupid westerners call chechen fighters -terrorists. Russians are trying to imitate americans tactics by using terrorism as a false excuse to kill people.

but funiest is that thous terorist are fighting in Checnja, but holidays are resting in Moscow!!

you know what's the funniest thing? when someone ignorant like you twist facts and ruin the reputation of a brave nation like chechens.
FYI,the terrorists who are spending their holidays in Moscow, after killing hundreds of thousand of chechen civilians, are russian mercenaries, not chechens.

Russia isnt mayor terorist country,but only the moust idiotic nation whit more idiotic goverment!!,

Russia is a TERRORIST COUNTRY, for hundreds of years ago. Read russian history , it's stinking, they destroyed whole countries and nations,through the history. atleast americans allocate some money to improve the conditions in the occupied countries, but russians , they destroy everything because they don't have anything to give, they are pure barbarians, criminals and cowards.

You disgust me and all Russians who have any common sense. People ruin the Checjna's reputation? They went into a school strapped with explosives to threaten 300 school children in Moscow. THey ruin themselves by being deviant tyrant slobs who have no care for anything or anyone and simply want to rob Russia of its money and power. Think before you post, Checnja is a terrorist nation, Russia is not. Get out of your Cold War mentality and step into 2006. Russia has more friends than the US.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I want to remind you that chechens took hostages, because it was their last choice to draw the world's attention to russian crimes in chechnya, western countries shut their eyes and covered their ears and pretended nothing is happening in chechnya. RUSSIANS used a Poisonous gas in the theatre and killed everybody in there, Russians blew up the school by shelling it with artillery and killed most of the children. you are just repeating the lies of russian media. when russia return to chechens their occupied land, all the" terrorist acts will stop. if western governments forced russia to stop its atrocities and genoside in chechnya, as the western governments did in Indoniesia, oh I forgot that, east timor is different case,because the majority of the population in indonesian east timor are christians , they are entitled to receive the protection services of westerners, unfortunately, chechens are muslims, so the democratic western countries don't give a damn if the whole chechen population is slaughterd by russians, and it is happening for the last 300 yeras.

You make me sick. So you are saying that it is ok to kill HUNDREDS of INNOCENT CHILDREN to get a point across? That has got to be the most disguisting and disturbing thing I have heard from anyone on these forums.

Your rant about their "occupation" is so historically biased it's not even funny. When the Soviet Union was formed, one of the first and outmost priorities was to build schools, hospitals, and basic infrastructure in most all of the southern republics to EDUCATE these people and incorporate them into a peaceful, political apparatus from their barbaric lifeystyle.

Ok so you might as well say that the U.S. should give up parts of California, New Mexico, Arizona, Texas just because they belonged to Mexico 150 years ago. Oh and we might as well let the Indians roam free on the land which used to be theirs.

Really I hope that you understand that Chechnya is BETTER off with Russia rather than an independent muslim country. Given their religious/ethnic/ideological cleavages, an independent Chechnya would suffer an economic breakdown and would go into turmoil the minute they would secede. What's more important is that to Russia this is a matter of NATIONAL SECURITY, just like Spain with the Basques and the US with Texas they have every single right to exersice their millitary operation.

Also, last I checked...the barabaric attack on the theater was professionaly handled, and no everybody was not killed. Hundreds of lives were saved the best way possible. Russia blew up a school with artillery? Was this INTENTIONAL? I doubt it. Cite some sources please!

for the third tin=me yoy are repeating russian lies, it is known for everybody that russian Intelligence is hiring russian mercenaries to abduct foriegn aid workers and kill them, and accuse chechen freedom fighters of doing that. of course most westerners -like you- are more than willing to circulate russian lies in order to tarnish chechens' image.

Again I don't know where your pulling this information out of. Thin air? Russia has no intent of tarnishing anyones image, especially not the Chechens. After all- most Chechens are a peaceful people. It's the terrorists that need to be eliminated. It seems you do not fully realize the consequences of an independent Chechen state. Just like Israel pulling out of the strip, do you honestly think that will quelch the resistance? Or will they keep wanting more?

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I think the point was that it is okay to threaten to blow up children. At least that is the way I understood the statement. Because we all know the Russian government blew up the roof on that gymnasium. And they did it on purpose. LOL

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigEasy
The war on terror is bogus. Its the new cold war, for anyone buyin into it.

Its set the military industrial complex and oil companies up for a very long time. What do they call it this week, the Long War..

You know I never bought into this.

You dont need any of the real high ticket military items to fight terrorist armed mainly with AKS, RPGS and IEDS. So there is really no need for F-22s, JSFs, High tech stealth bombers, Laser anti-missile weapons and so much more. Those projects which make the military industrial complex massive amounts of money. Those projects are all childern of the Cold War. The main reason for such weapons is gone now and terrorist dont come close to filling that role.

So if the military industrial complex really wanted to hype up a new enemy to make loads of Cash it would make so much more sense to build up a enemy like China (which wouldnt be that hard to do) trying to keep one or two steps ahead of a future super power in the military department thats were the real money is.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sammael
I think the point was that it is okay to threaten to blow up children. At least that is the way I understood the statement. Because we all know the Russian government blew up the roof on that gymnasium. And they did it on purpose. LOL

The Russian govt didn't blow up the roof. I couldn't find anything pointing to that in the sources critical of the govt and the operation than essentially failed big way. Accounts vary, and it's hard to establish the cause of the primary explosion but according to many, the terrorists were rewiring explosives and an accident happened, after which the spetznaz troops rushed in. Sad.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
USA, Canada, Russia, China, Iran, Iraq, Israel, United Kingdom, France/Italy/Germany/Belgium through the EU, Turkey, Libya, and Pakistan.

All of these nations have undergone State terror activity against either or both their own population and/or foreign countries in order to fulfill their political agenda and reinforce their rule or influence. If anyone's doubtful, just ask... I've got at least a few examples for each and every of these countries.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
USA, Canada, Russia, China, Iran, Iraq, Israel, United Kingdom, France/Italy/Germany/Belgium through the EU, Turkey, Libya, and Pakistan.

All of these nations have undergone State terror activity against either or both their own population and/or foreign countries in order to fulfill their political agenda and reinforce their rule or influence. If anyone's doubtful, just ask... I've got at least a few examples for each and every of these countries.

Sure, every country has it's political flaws. That does not mean that they condone terrorism. What's obvious is some countries are far more supportive of terrorism than others. You claim the U.S. is a terrorist country and yet it stands 100% behind freedom and personal liberties.

Terrorism and a high regard for protecting national interests are two different things. War and terror are two different things. Democratic countries will always opt to seek the diplomatic way out.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Russia isn't a terrorist nation, USA is.

Puting and his administration are waging a massive war on the Russian mafia and warlords, which stole billions of dollars during Yelsin's era, and this war is MASSIVE, it is against all crime and the Mafia.

Are there terrorists in Russia? Yes, there are in practically every country.
Does the Russian governemtn support them? No, nowhere near it.

Does the US government support their terrorists?
Well....why the hell did Bush authorise for Osama Bin Laden to be flown out of the country at 9/11 ????

Russia doesn't finance any terrorists, they fight with terrorists in Chechnya just like USA is fighting terrorists in Afganistan.

If only USA weren't so critical of Putin for taking a hard line AGAINST terrorism, and SAW the practicality of his actions, there would be more trust and friendship between the two nations. Instead Bush hisses at Putin for being "undemocratic" when dealing with people like that thief ex-owner of Yukos, when Bush's brother walks around Washington DC, with one of Russia's biggest theifs, who stole countless billions from the Russian people during Yelsin era, who uses this money to decide who gets to be the president of Ukraine.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   
well this is my opinion... not that you'd care or anything

with a nation like russia with its bad arse reputation as being a angry mob of drunken bogans it would be best to do what the big people want so as to regrow the general economy in the population to increase the standard of living. the way the world runs it ain't easy with all the competition
In this corner way we have america and friends with lots of money and plenty more dirty ways of getting it. but thats not what this is about. back to russia.

with an already large population money must be made from with in. the only way to do that is to create new innovative things that lots of citizens will feel they need to get on with life. How to do this you ask? i dunno... And with the existing market around the world its easier to get someone else to do it.
But expenditure, keeping an unruley populus in order will outway that revenue.

Next option, import export market. This is where it gets difficult. To be a competitor here you need new technology or a cheaper more effienient way of producing existing technology. need i say more.? i will.
technology in the first place cost big money. where to get this 'big money'?
The black market. Dirty laundry sort of stuff. Selling what you can to anyone who will pay for it.This leads to the terrorist part. Russia dealing with and selling arms to hamas and Iran on top of their own civil problems.

So politically speaking in america's favour they could be called "terrorists" for aiding and abbeting a terrorist nation. But to themselvesand and the world around them they are merely doing what they must to fuel a starving econmy.

Without the bad there is no good. Every country has its history of attrocities against its people and others.

Death brings a new beginning

[edit on 27-4-2006 by spearhead]

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Are you stupid or just pretend to be???

I think you are the STUPID, becuase every time I explain to you, what's really hapening in Chechnya and provide you with links, you keep repeating same russian lies about BRAVE CHECHEN FREEDOM FIGHTERS.

I have pleased a trustable link that prove that russian inteligence ???

what is this? it is not english for sure!

No matter what crimes does Russian goverment and military did,but fight them in battlefield not in civilan cities!!!It is very good to blow up buildings,take hostages,sell drugs or peoples and tell it is a "'RESISTANCE"'.It is the same as "'WAR ON TERRORISM"'!!And for the islam,when you do a litlle research you will find that thous freedom fighters are vahabits(dont know if i'mposting wright),that is far away from peacefull,tolerant islam!!!!

Anyone knows if he/she not stupid that chechens can't fight russiasn in the battlefield, it is a suicide. russia is thousnds of times, militarily , stronger than chechens. so chechens should use different tactics to fight the aggressors and russia should endure consequences, of its crimes and atrocities in chechnya. Russia's crimes in chechnya breeds terrorism.

so why you deny for chechens to fight the barbaric russians using these tactics and it was OK for jews in palestine to use same and worse tactics to steal palestinian land? why it was ok for immogrants in america to use terrorism to fight britian, in order to steal native americans land?

atleast chechens want to return their occupied land, and any tactics they use against russian criminals, are legitimate.

above all that , who cares about your opinion? I don't care about racist's opinions whose heart is full of hatred.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   

How did you know that 99% of russians are high from drugs!!Because of my work i have been recently in Russia,yes,they have drugs,but 99% of population to be high!???

I read all the time articles and watch documataries (all western sources) about all kinds of corruptiion in russia. may be 99% is exaggeration, but majority of russian people is making one of many vices you see in russia, including drug addicting, and I', glad , because it's a punishment from god to remind them of their continuous crimes in chechnya for maor than 300 years.

And for second yes they have stablished a drug network,but thous drugs is produced were??Cechnya,Azerbaidzhan, and other countrys in Abhasien!!!

and who is occupying or controlling these countries...stupid???RUSSIA...as I told you befor...when RUSSIA occupies a country , it corrupts destroys that country. compare Hongkong to chechnya, look what british colonization did to hongkong, and what russin ocupation did to chechnya? did you get it? RUSSIA is a NATION KILLER.

And Mr.putin is accumulate wealth from oil,and other raw materials that Russia is selling to world!!!!!!!!

Russia is selling to world what it steals from occuoied countries like chechnya. plus oil and raw materials, he sells drugs also.

Dont make opinion on sites like kavkazcenter.org,that is the same propoganda as official russian sites!!!!

who told you that I am making opinions from sites like KavKazcenter? and what's wrong with side , it's pro-chechens site, like the other many pro-russian sites. It is better to remind yourself , for not making opions , depending on the information of russian media.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The Chechen call for independance is bogus!!..flawed..

If suddnely one day the State of Texas were to declare that it were independant then would the US let it go??!!!

Chechen rebels are nothing but terrorists.. The Theater hostage scene in Moscow and the massacre at that school in Beslan prove that.
The chechan civilians are unfortunate victims of this movement.
Same with Kashmir. Human rights abuses happen all over the world. If military forces occupy a region long enough cases of rape, looting etc. etc. are bound to pop up. It human nature unfortunately. Eso if you're living in a prolonged stress environment.
Look at what has happened in US bases in S Korea and Japan. And these bases are supposed to be in 'friendly' non-war like regions..Still we have the rapes, looting and the violence..

I'm not saying you're wrong Dana. I'm just saying that picking on Russia for Chechnya is not morally sound. Esp since no country in its right mind(that envisions itself to be a world leader) is going to let states here n there cry 'now we want to be free' and just let them go. Its just not going to happen.
The problem arises when foreign powers instigate, fund, supply these renegade asses so that they can make a lot of noise. If the decision were to be left to the 'silent majority'(a term all too familiar to us in today's world unfortunately) then they would most sanely choose to remain as they were. An independant Chechnya could not provide more for its people as an independant nation than Russia could in a rebel free environment. Infact there is no reason to claim independance.Russia is not an oppressive regime.
The same goes for Kashmir..
End of discussion..

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Venoaris
You disgust me and all Russians who have any common sense. People ruin the Checjna's reputation? They went into a school strapped with explosives to threaten 300 school children in Moscow.

You disgust me more racist russian, in one of my posts, someone blamed me because I called all russians criminals, your post is a proof that all russians plus their stinking government are CRIMINALS and MASS MURDERERS.

you forced them to threaten 300 children, FYI ,russian stinking army killed these 300 children by bombing the school and using artillry to demolish the whole building.

THey ruin themselves by being deviant tyrant slobs who have no care for anything or anyone and simply want to rob Russia of its money and power.

You are trying to ruin them for 300 years, but dream on , one day chechens will make you pay blood and money (as jews are doing for germans) a for your crimes in chechnya and the whole region of caucuses.

Rob you , you beggars, you are survived until now by stealing aother nations and countries , resourses. read your disrespectful history, read how your sissy tsars and communist murderers plus crazy -drunk Yeltin and psychopath putin, have don in the whole region of caucuses. they tortured and killed (and still doing that)millions of civilians. they looted and rubbed all natural resources of these countries. they destroyed and eleminated whole civilizations, religions and native languages . RUSSIAN CRIMINALS are known through out the history, PARASITES, they live like vampires, by drinking other nations' blood. GOD I loathe russians and their crimes, and I hope one day they will be face to face with their fate, and I's sure it will be like hell for these murdereres .

Think before you post, Checnja is a terrorist nation, Russia is not. Get out of your Cold War mentality and step into 2006. Russia has more friends than the US.

the irony, that a murderer, calls a victim a terrorist. you get out of your criminal mentality, and from chechnya. you stink everything you touch.

you have friends?! every body knows , that russians are considered the lowest nation in the western world,europeans used (and still) to call you criminal mobs.

In the world War II, Stalin killed more russians than hitler (hitler killed 4 million russian, Stalin killed 20 million russian). this proves that human lives are not importan to your criminal leaders or russian civilians, so, no wonder that the majority of russian population in every poll, with slaughtering all chechen population. This means that russians are wicked and evil and don't deserve to be called human beings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join