It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Russia an Official Terrorist Nation?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Which nations are official terrorist, quasi-terrorist, or nonterrorist nations? Who? What? Where? When? Why? and How?

I believe many Middle Eastern nations oppose the top in the world (the USA) because Russia, the only nation with legitimate power to fight the USA, did for so many years and that psychology remains at least partly ingrained in the Middle East. When will that psychology wear off?

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
First, China is the USAs biggest threat.

Historically speaking, yeah, Russia's a terrorist nation. But at this point, the USA ain't much better. Bush has basically retired the Constitution. Its whatever junior wants, 'cos he don't answer to no one. He's the decider.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
yes russia is a terrorist nation they are backing the terrorist network much the same way the U.S. did against the russians back in afghanistan...(years ago) the U.S. backs terrorism too when it's to our advantage

[edit on 24-4-2006 by the_sentinal]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The war on terror is bogus. Its the new cold war, for anyone buyin into it.

Its set the military industrial complex and oil companies up for a very long time. What do they call it this week, the Long War..

That's not even funny. Its sick. And its wrong.

What our government is doing these days is bad wrong.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
Which nations are official terrorist, quasi-terrorist, or nonterrorist nations? Who? What? Where? When? Why? and How?

I believe many Middle Eastern nations oppose the top in the world (the USA) because Russia, the only nation with legitimate power to fight the USA, did for so many years and that psychology remains at least partly ingrained in the Middle East. When will that psychology wear off?

Americans and Russians are the biggest official terrorist nations. because they use their powers to terrorize other nations and occupy their land.

Look at what russians are doing in Chechnya, they slaughtered more than 200 thousand chechen civilians during the period (1991-2006). In 1944, Chechens along with several other ethnic groups, were falsly accused by Stalin, of having collaborated with the Nazis, more than half a million Chechens were forcibly herded onto cattle cars and sent to Western Siberia. as many as half died en route, and uncounted others perished in the harsh siberian winter, the exiles were literally dumped in the open snowy fields and left to fend for themselves. chechens were not allowed to return home until 1957.

Now, westerners call chechens "terrorists"because they are fighting to liberate their country, and shut their eyes and cover their ears , to the atrocities of russian barbaric action in chechnya. and pretend that russia is a peacefull country.

Tell me now, Which nation isofficial terrorist ? Russians or Chechens?

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Iran, in my opinion is the epitomy of a terrorist nation. I mean, these people rally behind their leader who condems the existence of Isreal while he pumps uranium from the earth .. SCARY

when i think of Iran i think of that classic scene in old cartoons where the man is sharpening the axe on his wheel and staring at the turkey with a demonic grin on his face.

[edit on 26-4-2006 by nephyx]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
You all know that russia is fighting "'terrorisms"' in Checnja,but funiest is that thous terorist are fighting in Checnja, but holidays are resting in Moscow!!
Russia isnt mayor terorist country,but only the moust idiotic nation whit more idiotic goverment!!
US are proud that they are the greatest and they have reasons for that,but russians are proud that they are in the deepest S*HT!!Sadly but its true!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by swesais
You all know that russia is fighting "'terrorisms"' in Checnja,

Really! who told you that? didn't you read my post on this thread? russians are fighting chechens, and killing chechen civilians. russians and stupid westerners call chechen fighters -terrorists. Russians are trying to imitate americans tactics by using terrorism as a false excuse to kill people.

but funiest is that thous terorist are fighting in Checnja, but holidays are resting in Moscow!!

you know what's the funniest thing? when someone ignorant like you twist facts and ruin the reputation of a brave nation like chechens.
FYI,the terrorists who are spending their holidays in Moscow, after killing hundreds of thousand of chechen civilians, are russian mercenaries, not chechens.

Russia isnt mayor terorist country,but only the moust idiotic nation whit more idiotic goverment!!,

Russia is a TERRORIST COUNTRY, for hundreds of years ago. Read russian history , it's stinking, they destroyed whole countries and nations,through the history. atleast americans allocate some money to improve the conditions in the occupied countries, but russians , they destroy everything because they don't have anything to give, they are pure barbarians, criminals and cowards.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dana2006
Americans and Russians are the biggest official terrorist nations. because they use their powers to terrorize other nations and occupy their land.

Wow. "Official terrorist"? That's an interesting concept.

Look at what russians are doing in Chechnya, they slaughtered more than 200 thousand chechen civilians during the period (1991-2006).

That is disgusting! The facts of civilians falling victims of Russian indiscriminate attacks are widespread. There have been missile attacks on central Grozny which I find hard to believe. I bet you, though, that the number of 200,000 dead civilians has been greatly inflated by the insurgents' PR.

Now, westerners call chechens "terrorists"because they are fighting to liberate their country, and shut their eyes and cover their ears , to the atrocities of russian barbaric action in chechnya. and pretend that russia is a peacefull country.

The behavior of the West is hypocritical! Not only we hear little about the atrocities committed by the Russians in Checnya, but we hear even less about the ethnic cleansing that the Chechens perpetrated against the Russians, of untold numbers of Russian civilians beaten up, robbed and driven away from Chechnya, or simply killed. The Russian govt neglected its own citizens and just let it happen -- what a shame!

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dana2006
you know what's the funniest thing? when someone ignorant like you twist facts and ruin the reputation of a brave nation like chechens.

And oh yeah, I agree, the facts were twisted -- the was no mention of the Chechens blowing up schools full of children, holding pregnant women hostage in the maternity ward of a hospital, shooting 40 mm grenades at a young woman who tried to escape etc etc.

The bravery of the great Chechens does not stop, in fact, at mere slaughter of infants and women in labor. They are also the bravest masters of organized crime! Through ineptitude and corruption of the Russian government, they have a firm presence in organized crime in many regions of Russian Federation and especially in Moscow. As a matter of fact, the Chechen population in Moscow is about 100,000. They quite like it there. See how brave they are!

Not mentioning acts of bravery like beheadings of communication engineers form New Zealand, bound and unarmed, can indeed ruin the sterling reputation of the warriors of Allah.

[edit on 25-4-2006 by Aelita]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The laughable "War on Terror" has been used since Day 1 by shady governments to quash their people.

The Russians jumped all over it right after the invasion of Afghanistan.

"Well these Chechens are TERRORISTS, we need to be as tough on them as the U.S. is. Roll in the tanks and mortar shells and let's kill a bunch."

Ditto for the Chinese. The Israelis. Many African nations.

It's a big bloody bandwagon.

I don't know of any current governments in the world that haven't been involved in some kind of "terrorist" activity in the last 5 years. It's a pretty wide definition, and easily flipped.

Weren't those guys who dumped all that tea in Boston harbor nothing but a bunch of terrorists? What about Guy Fawkes? Ollie North?

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
Weren't those guys who dumped all that tea in Boston harbor nothing but a bunch of terrorists?

I take exception to this. My favorite theory is that these people had a lot of Sam Adams' special brew (I'm sure he had some really good stuff for the friends he was drinking with), and being suffiently inebriated, went for a pretty outrageous prank. Why else would they dress like Indians? Everything else is history. So they might have been binge drinkers but terrorists, no, no way.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Aelita:

So they might have been binge drinkers but terrorists, no, no way.

During the American Civil War, the U.S. (Union) government sent recruiters to Europe to enlist European citizens to serve in the Union Army to fight against the Confederate States of America. Isn't that recruiting foreign fighters and terrorists?

Which side were the terrorists and which were the freedom-fighters?

When you rebel against your country and you take arms against your government and your fellow Americans, is this not terrorism in its' purest form?

Look up the famous Lafayette Escadrille, an American squadron in the French Flying Corps during World War I. They were terrorists too.

The world is full of them if you can just close your mind to opposing viewpoints as much as possible.

-jakomo

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
There are only quasi terrorist nations.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
If Russia is an official terrorist, the USA should devote "maximum" resources to create friendly relations. Nuke counts of nations always register in my mind.

The USA-Russian relationship can be an inspiring story to all walks of life where a hate-hate relationship turned into love-love. This sequence has many precedents and can inspire relationships, policies, novels, music, poetry, arts, science, machine-building, ...

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
Wow. "Official terrorist"? That's an interesting concept.

Do you know something, it's really a strange world. westerners depict freedom fighters like chechens and palestinians, as terreorists. and when somebody call russians and americans as "official terrorists" they say it's interesting concept. why? do you have any doubts, watch the news, read the history, it's in front of you. It is sad when you redicule such charges against criminal countries like russia.

I bet you, though, that the number of 200,000 dead civilians has been greatly inflated by the insurgents' PR.

believe me it is very accurate number. In the first conflict (1994-1996) alone, russians killed more than 80,000 chechen civilians.
go to( www.amnesty.org...) and search for chechnya and you can find all these numbers.

The behavior of the West is hypocritical! Not only we hear little about the atrocities committed by the Russians in Checnya, but we hear even less about the ethnic cleansing that the Chechens perpetrated against the Russians, of untold numbers of Russian civilians beaten up, robbed and driven away from Chechnya, or simply killed. The Russian govt neglected its own citizens and just let it happen -- what a shame!

You are unbelievable !! what ethnic cleansing? are you blind or deaf? didn't you read my previous post. chechens commited ethnic cleansing against russians? are you serious?what untold numbers? I dare you to find one objective source of information that proves this lie of yours. russian government steal chechens land and properties and gave them to russians, when they deported more than 1 million chechens to siberia in 1944. only quarter of thechechens survived this deportation,in 1957 , when they allowed to return, they found nothing, everything was given to russians, so they started from the scratch , building new houses in the woods, etc. chechens never killed a russian as you claim. on the contrary, they lived side by side peacefully.

shame on you, you accuse the victim of ethnic cleansing, and forgot everything about the nation killers -Russians. westerners's hypocrisy, arrogance, double-standards and igonorance, disgust me.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 02:38 AM
link   
So I am twisting facts!?Im living very close to Russia,and my country has suferd from russains to!!As Cechnya we to have lived more than 50 years in Soviet Union!In WW2 my people have deported to Sibiria AS WELL AS CECHENS,BUT we dont blow buildings and innocent peoples!!if you are so strong in history please tell me after first Cecnya war waht have chechens done in they country???Russians had they forces removed from Cecnya,and what hapend??They didnt grow strong and independent,and made strong economics!!They were selling drugs!!They even didnt have a goverment!!There was thous field commanders like Sabajev and they ruled in the regions not in the whole country!!!
I dont protect Russia,it is really and dangerous nation,and Russia stil is a big tread to all.My point was that russia in one hand is fighting terrorism,but in second are suporting it!!
And its REALLY STUPID to call every bandit whit AK-47 a "'freedom fighter"'!!!!!!

[edit on 26-4-2006 by swesais]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
And oh yeah, I agree, the facts were twisted -- the was no mention of the Chechens blowing up schools full of children, holding pregnant women hostage in the maternity ward of a hospital, shooting 40 mm grenades at a young woman who tried to escape etc etc.

I want to remind you that chechens took hostages, because it was their last choice to draw the world's attention to russian crimes in chechnya, western countries shut their eyes and covered their ears and pretended nothing is happening in chechnya. RUSSIANS used a Poisonous gas in the theatre and killed everybody in there, Russians blew up the school by shelling it with artillery and killed most of the children. you are just repeating the lies of russian media. when russia return to chechens their occupied land, all the" terrorist acts will stop. if western governments forced russia to stop its atrocities and genoside in chechnya, as the western governments did in Indoniesia, oh I forgot that, east timor is different case,because the majority of the population in indonesian east timor are christians , they are entitled to receive the protection services of westerners, unfortunately, chechens are muslims, so the democratic western countries don't give a damn if the whole chechen population is slaughterd by russians, and it is happening for the last 300 yeras.

The bravery of the great Chechens does not stop, in fact, at mere slaughter of infants and women in labor. They are also the bravest masters of organized crime! Through ineptitude and corruption of the Russian government, they have a firm presence in organized crime in many regions of Russian Federation and especially in Moscow. As a matter of fact, the Chechen population in Moscow is about 100,000. They quite like it there. See how brave they are!

Once again you are repeating russian media lies. and who are you to question the bravery of chechens? read chechen history, (specially these 2 books-Nation killers &Russian Conquest of Caucuses ) you can find out about the dark history of russians in the whole Caucuses, and how they genoside million of muslim caucasian nations during the last 3 centuries. who are you to judge a great nation like chechens who are defying a super power for more than 300 years, to regain their legitimate rights as any nation in this world, or chechens don't deserve it?

Not mentioning acts of bravery like beheadings of communication engineers form New Zealand, bound and unarmed, can indeed ruin the sterling reputation of the warriors of Allah.

for the third tin=me yoy are repeating russian lies, it is known for everybody that russian Intelligence is hiring russian mercenaries to abduct foriegn aid workers and kill them, and accuse chechen freedom fighters of doing that. of course most westerners -like you- are more than willing to circulate russian lies in order to tarnish chechens' image.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by swesais

!!As Cechnya we to have lived more than 50 years in Soviet Union!In WW2 my people have deported to Sibiria AS WELL AS CECHENS,BUT we dont blow buildings and innocent peoples!!i

I am telling you once again, don't listen and believe russian media lies.jews blew up the whole palestine , raped and slaughtered thousanand of palestinian women , elders, and children. when they were fighting their so-called , war for independence. it is known tactic, of any western colonizing country to accuse freedom fighters as being terrorists. your country didn't have needed to take hostages becuae russians return your occupied land to you, because i'm sure that you are christians, and russia was under pressure from western world to give your freedom back.

If you are so strong in history please tell me after first Cecnya war waht have chechens done in they country???Russians had they forces removed from Cecnya,and what hapend??They didnt grow strong and independent,and made strong economics!!They were selling drugs!!They even didnt have a goverment!!There was thous field commanders like Sabajev and they ruled in the regions not in the whole country!!!

tell me what european country doesn't sell drugs.I didn't know that you are so naive to believe russian lies. the chechen president at that time Johar Dodayev , did his best to build chechnya's economy and bulding the capacity of all governmental departments...etc. but no one of the western countries dared to help them even that he visited all eoropean countries and the US, even he visited arab and muslim countries to ask for assistance to build his new independent country. unfortunatly , all these governments refused to help him, at the same time , russian intelligence hired thousands of russian criminals and mercenaries, and infilterated them to chechnya, and they started the whole mess their. selling drugs , abducting western aid NGOs staff, interfering in other regions affairs, etc. at the same time accusing chechen of doing that. it is typical dirty tricks any western colonizing country uses in order subjugate entire nations like chechens.

And its REALLY STUPID to call every bandit whit AK-47 a "'freedom fighter"'!!!!!!

and you know what's more STUPID, to call every freedom fighter a TERRORIST.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Who's to say the cold war ever ended? Just because americans stopped hating the russians whos to say they stopped hating us? Whos to say they arent the original home of terrorism in the first place?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join