It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone see "They Live' with Roddy Piper

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
in this flick he finds these glasses that basically let him see aliens.. they are all among us and there are signs everywhere that basically help them run the human society..crazy concept.. dont a lot of u believe that this is actually goin on.. some of u actually think u r aliens..

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I think the people that rattle on about reptilians and the 5th dimension and aliens controlling the world are nuts. Sounds like this movie was a spoof.
LOL

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I remember that movie very well, was a very interesting concept. If I recall there were certain glasses that one could wear that would allow you to see these imposter citizens, who were really aliens walking around pretending to be humans and running the show. They also had unseen subliminal messages written on signs, running on TV brainwashing people. Made me sort of paranoid and I always wondered how real of a possibility it could have been that people in the community were aliens. Dean Koontz also wrote a book called Twilight Eyes which was similar, except in his book the people were really shape shifting demons who fed on human misery and were always seen in hordes at accidents, crime scenes, fires, anywhere there was a large amount of human suffering. The main character of course had the ability to see them when nobody else could and he took it upon himself to travel about killing every demon that he saw. I always wondered why accidents and tragedies seem to draw a big crowd of gawkers and onlookers. Sort of makes you wonder

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Yeah!

I remember that..
Wasn't there a scene where Roddy, and another guy got into a fistfight that lasted about a half an hour? Roddy was trying to get the guy to put on the glasses, to see. Somehow after all the fighting though, the glasses remained intact..

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
yeah its pretty crazy...also had one of the best fight scenes in a movie..between keith david and rowdy roddy piper!!! they kick the krap out of each other for like 10 minutes in an alley..classic!! but it makes u think..it truly isnt that hard to control the masses..its done everyday..just dont know about it being aliens

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The "cripple fight" on Southpark between Jimmy and Timmy was scene for scene, move for move exactly as the fight on They Live.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
As a matter of fact its on Cinemax right now. I think John Carpenter did a great job with it. Its going to be a cult classic. I rank it up there with 'The Thing' another of his great films. He definitely had imagination.

Pie

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
i left out that i was watching it on tv when i posted..lol.. i gotta see this south park episode with jimmy and timmy fighting.. do u know the name of it??

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
This was in South Park Season 7, the episode was called "Krazy Kripples".

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
thanks bro!!!! lkjhlkjhlkhk hlkh

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
That movie OWNS! Love it. Great that you mention it, anything by John Carpenter is good. Was watching "The thing" this week in fact.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Yes, great movie.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
that was too funny..and they did the fight pretty much exactly how it was in the movie.. thanks for that tidbit.those southpark idiots are geniuses!!

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   
My favorite scene is where he puts on the glasses and sees the beautiful women/ alien, too funny.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
What's funny is that the acting in the movie really isn't that great. There's a lot of gaps in the story, like how did the man that gave him the glasses find out? Still it's original (Something that Hollywood doesn't do anymore) and I think it was ahead of it's time. It's a classic for sure.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
All of Carpenter's movies are, at the very least, watchable. And some of them are very good. And the soundtracks are awesome. I love the guy's music.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Agree with dbates. It is a classic, as most John Carpenter movies are.

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of this movie with better special effects.

Oh, and call me crazy, but I thought Roddy Piper did a heck of a job for a wrestler with no previous acting skills, outside the ring that is.

Peace

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
that vampire movie wasn't too good though. Good for the theater, but not a megaclassic like the thing or they live.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Here's the link to the (very)short story by Ray Nelson that "They Live " was based on, "Eight O'Clock in the Morning":
www.geocities.com...

This film and The Matrix have a common theme. All is not what it seems.

[edit on 21-4-2006 by point]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Lord Of Illusions was my JC movie favorite thus far.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join