It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone see "They Live' with Roddy Piper

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I remember when "They Live" came out.

I think Sony had pulled the financing, and so carpenter had to finish filming with his own personal funds. Which, if true, explains some of the unevenness in flow, effects, and staging.

I read an interview with JC where he was asked about it. He was really tight-lipped and sort of said "no comment." You could just imagine him in these cheap sunglasses, being asked why his funding was pulled.

Yes, in the larger scheme of trends, I think David Icke ripped him off and has been making hay off a scifi movie. Wasn't there a reference to Queen Elizabeth in They Live?

[edit on 21-4-2006 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Excellent flick!

Who would have the gonzola's to make a film like that but Carpenter?

Sadly the film hits too close to truth from what I can tell and the day may come when it is the truth. There are a lot of people that run the show everyday that could well look like they do in the movie.

I'm guessing that Sony musta figured out that the movie hit too close to home and panicked and said we don't want our name on it... the NWO and brotherhood would not have been too impressed.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Oh my god a They Live thread! weeeeeeeee that movie is so cool. Seriously! All the subliminal messages.. "This Is Your God" on the money, HAhAHaHA I love this movie. Its got cheesy one-liners, the best fight in a (non-matrial arts) movie, aliens, guns, explosions, corruption on a global scale, so much fun in one movie.

Anyways I like to read crazy alien stuff and watch those UFO shows on the discovery channel and stuff, so one thing I read on the net reminded me of the glasses in the movie. Ok, so these scientists were cutting various crystals in different ways to see what effect if any it had. (Maybe on the peizeoelectricity or light refraction, who knows..) So they found one crystal that made things look strange when looking through, it could see auras! (so the story goes) And so they experimented looking at people and seeing the different colors, but some poeple had dull purple (?) auras that were different than normal people's. This is because they were aliens and had no souls (im guessing..). And the web site said that theoretically they could make glasses with the crystal but it would cost about $2000 to do it. I think all the scientists prolly got killed by shapeshifting men in black or something. Interesting story none-the-less.
Might have inspired the gasses in the movie?

<< 1   >>

join