It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extraterrestrial warning on the 25th of May?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Can someone explain to me, please, how a tidal wave is supposed to cross Florid and land on the coast of Texas? Wouldn't the wave lose its energy as it crosses Florida?

It's possible that if an asteroid/meteor landed in the ocean, it could create a tidal wave large enough to go around the world 5 times or more. But don't worry, it ain't gonna happen today

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Really? I've never heard that before. I would think an impact of that scale would create so much heat all of the world's water would have been vaporized in a matter of a couple of hours.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The tidal wave thing is what made me realize that this guy was perpetrating a hoax before I even started reading the ET part. Thanks.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
i'm gonna be majoryly disappointed if there no catastrophic disaster today.
not that i want people to die and stuff but i'm just tired of hearing false prophets all the time! give me something real for me to see and hear!
to this subject matter,i feel nothing of this that is going to happen..like the day of 9-11,the morning of it did not feel very normal and then it was broadcasted all over the news that that happened. but to this..it just like serpo.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
im looking forward to something big happening at any time this year... im not looking for any specific dates but i know that something big will happen this year... and next year will be even bigger... up until we reach 2012...

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
Can someone explain to me, please, how a tidal wave is supposed to cross Florid and land on the coast of Texas? Wouldn't the wave lose its energy as it crosses Florida?

A HUGE tsunami (not a tidal wave, they are different things) reach very high ground, and if the ground is flat then the water will reach very far.

But the easiest way of a tsunami from the Atlantic ocean reach Texas is by reflection on the coast of Mexico.

The same thing happened with the Sumatra tsunami, as you can see here.

In some places the wave was bigger than it should have been because of the reflection of the wave interfering with the original wave.

Other places were supposed to be out of reach of the wave but were reached by the reflection.

The reflected wave is always much smaller than the original, because when the wave hits the land the energy reflected is very low, almost all the energy is wasted making the water rise above the land.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The site is down, it dissapeared - glad I kept the documents =] Whether they'll have any use any more I don't know.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon
The site is down, it dissapeared - glad I kept the documents =] Whether they'll have any use any more I don't know.

ya thats strange. I was poking around this morning at work, and the English forum had been re-opened, with a couple of new posts, one saying the Senate was notified this morning to prepare for evacuations, and the site had over 2000 people on it.

Maybe the server crashed?

Who knows, but its unlikely anything is gonna happen anyways.

time to prepare for 6/6/6 the 12/21/2012 lol

edit: spelling

[edit on 25-5-2006 by pstiffy]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by pstiffy
...with a couple of new posts, one saying the Senate was notified this morning to prepare for evacuations

Now if that had happened then that would have been all over the news. Whenever something like that happens it gets out. No way it could have been kept quiet. Too many people to talk to about it.

His site is down and it makes me very happy. I hope the only piece of the comet to impact the Earth hit the servers...

Or better yet...

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Does anyone have the forum link that could U2U me? Or if it's okay, Post it.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon
Does anyone have the forum link that could U2U me? Or if it's okay, Post it.

For Eric Julien's site? its: here or here but neither are working at the moment

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
His site is down and it makes me very happy. I hope the only piece of the comet to impact the Earth hit the servers...

Or better yet...

LOL, great picture. I wholeheartedly agree with you on this one, cmdrkeen, this seemed like such a hoax from the beginning, the ET part really threw it off for me. If ET's did indeed want to warn people, they would have hopefully have been smart enough to warn someone with a little more credibility, eh?

Alas, I will still be sitting in my front stoop this evening, as always, I just won't be paying as much attention to the drunks coming home from the French Quarter as I will be looking to the sky for at least a hint of one meteor passing over that I can see.

Cheers! And props on the picture...

If only it were that easy.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Dont remember where I got it...

Urgent warning from a Naval Intelligence Officer in regard to an impending comet strike and a possible tsunami affecting the eastern seaboard

The United States government has singularly failed in its duty of care toward American citizens by not making sufficient provision for an Atlantic tsunami in the wake of a comet strike expected next week.

Until very recently, I was a Naval Intelligence officer attached to the Office Naval Intelligence, formerly stationed in San Diego following my discharge from the ONI-2 Directorate of Intelligence. Last week I was assigned to prepare for the assumption of new duties in regard to the ONI-6 Collections Directorate, but a dispute concerning the suppression of important information that should have been made available to the American people ended with my suspension from active duty until further notice. At this time of writing, I am staying with relatives in a European country.

I shall make this brief, if only because I do not wish to engage in any protracted exchanges with civilians on a public bulletin board.

As you probably know, US government agencies recently participated in an exercise known as Pacific Wave ’06, which was run under the auspices of UNESCO. Next week sees another drill, Pacific Peril 06, designed to gauge the resilience of the transportation infrastructure along the west coast of the United States.

Both of these exercises are informed by one imperative, and one imperative only: post-facto damage limitation in the wake of an expected strike by a detachment of Fragment-C of Comet 73P (Schwassmann-Wachmann-3). Our government has been briefed on a daily basis about the probabilities relating to such a strike, yet when it became more than apparent that such an impact would almost certainly take place between May 24 and May 27, the administration countered suggestions for a public notice of immediate preparations with the imposition of a media blackout. Naval Intelligence personnel have also been forbidden to discuss this matter even with members of their own families.

I do not wish to cause undue alarm, but it is my moral duty as an upholder of the oaths I have taken to warn my fellow Americans, particularly those who live along the eastern seaboard, that the risk of a major tsunami is extremely high and that their lives are consequently in great danger.

I urge each and every one of you to make any preparations you feel are necessary to survival and to inform any relatives or friends you may consider endangered by the impending catastrophe.

I shall say no more.

God bless America.

All I have to say is that if it's true, Bush will instaure martial law and take over if he have the opportunity. Anyway, this sounds like bogus... We'll see.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
lets see......its 11 o'clock..................no comet impact..........no thousand foot tsunamis, no chaos, no destruction, no panic, no nothing.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...................I am more psychic than Julien. I predicted absolutely nothing of note would happen today...And Im right. Oh, sure the day aint over on the east coast of the US, but, well, Im gonna make another prediction and say, no comet fragment is gonna hit today, period.

And to think I even showered and put on my best cologne for the end as we know it!

Hmph!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
We got some bad hail here in Atlanta, and a possible Tornado... no tidal waves or comets though.

I did see a fat lady with too small of shorts on, which was a disaster in all it's own right.

-O

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
23 minutes before another nutwacker is proved wrong. I swear to God, if many more of these armageddon prophecies come to pass as quietly as this one, I'm gonna start investing in a pension plan.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Here in Sweden it already past 25 th, it is 26th and im still alive.. YEAAAAAA

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It supposed to happen between 9:30 & 11:30 PM EST, new york hour, and the tsunami hit new york about 3 to 5 hours later the impact, so stop saying it's finish.

Anyway it won't happen and even if it would, nobody from the government would say anything about it i'm pretty sure.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O

I did see a fat lady with too small of shorts on, which was a disaster in all it's own right.

-O

Oh sweet Jeezus!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps it would have been better to get hit by a megatsunami after all.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Wouldn't this piece of comet be visible in the sky at this point? Or is it too small to be observed?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join