It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extraterrestrial warning on the 25th of May?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I'm at 1050 foot elevation, so when should I start building my ark?

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Well, being in Baltimore City myself, I should be underwater at the moment. Yet, as far as I can tell, everything is still dry, but I may be having acid flashbacks from the 60s (I wasn't born until 1975 - it's a JOKE people!).

High and dry here at 20 feet above sea level. Nice Tsunami.

Oh wait, I may end up "underwater" - I just checked the weather, patchy fog until 7:00am EST (technically fog is water vapor, so I suppose that would put me underwater).

Damn crackpots.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   
When I bought my place the mortgage company sent me flood insurance applictions.

There's a wet weather stream showing on the map of our property.

It's about 350 feet below the elevation of our house.

I called the mortgage company laughing and sent them a topo map.

Morons!

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Why was the new thread put in the trash bin? What's going on, there's new information here at www....[spam]/ (some pop-ups just exit them). Buey information showing elevated waves, and so called increasing - correct me if i'm wrong. On that site where it says "Deep Ocean Assesment and Reporting of Tsunamis (DART) bueys now in the Atlantic!" What does that mean? Does it mean theres a Tsunami report or that its just news that theres bueys out there to report Tsunamis?

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The waves seem to be getting bigger 40ft to 70ft, these are apparently small fragments of the comet hitting the ocean causing waves, according to the site more are to come
I don't know what's going on, but the big waves look bad

PS
Sorry for some reason coulden't reply to u on U2U

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Yeah I agree. I haven't quite dismissed this event as harshly as some have, wow some people are wishing Eric Julien to be shot in the face according to some internet forums I've seen - it's almost like they're angry that the event isn't happening exactly as Julien described.

But as you say, I'm keeping a close eye on those buoy readings and realise that this has a while to play out - this thing never had a 25th May deadline in the first place. The people who are upset about this have just read the opening paragraphs in the savelivesinmay website and not read all the information thoroughly.

And I too am wondering why this has been hushed down by 'the media' as every other comet event over the years has drawn huge attention from media and public alike.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not 'gullible' nor 'wishing it to happen', but just an interested spectator taking everything in, it's an interesting subject and an interesting notion.

(edit to correct spelling typo)

[edit on 26-5-2006 by RiotComing]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   
DIDNT HAPPEN.. Thanks for wasting our time

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by nephyx

sorry if I did mate but if you have a look at the thread title again its a question in fact NOT a prediction, definitely NOT on my part, I posted this thread purely out of INTEREST...people don't go trashing this thread just beacuse an armageddon type event did not happen chances are it wouldn't have happened anyway so its your own fault really if you choose to be disappointed or angry

and on a side note, Eric said in his last article to allow for a time frame of 2 days before and after May 25, so don't dismiss his claims altogether yet...but he really must be crazy does he want to be regarded as a misguided no-show fearmonger forever? Apparently he'd rather his reputation be tarnished forever than 'risk' the loss of millions

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   
riotcoming:

I'd like you to understand something about prophetic visions. This Julien STATED that the comet fragments would hit Earth ON MAY 25th, not the 26th, 24th, or any other day, or so the voices in his little head told him. [sarcasm] I canNOT believe that ANYONE would still take anything this nutjob has to say with anymore interest than a spectator to a nudist camping out on a lawn. [/end sarcasm]

The thing about prophets is that to be a true prophet, you cannot be wrong. If ANY part of your prophecy isn't correct, then the whole prophecy is moot, since it wasn't truly divine. Now he's claiming that he got these prophecies from some voices in his head claiming to be aliens. Well, if these super-advanced creatures knew this was going to happen, why'd they make the mistake on the date? Sounds to me like either they are just screwing with him, or he has an overactive imagination. Or, quite possibly, some really good drugs.

This site is all about denying ignorance, and when someone such as said nutjob makes such overly-zealous claims as these, they had BETTER be exact TO THE LETTER, or we'll just disavow any knowledge of their existence. I've seen no reasonable sources to show anything of interest. No reputable sources have reported anything of value in the past 36 hours, and trust me, if there was something noteworthy, they would have posted it.

I move that this thread be closed, since the time the "prophet" spoke of has come and gone. He already looks enough like a putz; I say we leave him to revel in his own quagmire in what little peace he has. Let this serve as a reminder to everyone that you shouldn't trust what someone tells you, simply because they claim that some alien told them. Matter of fact, trust them even LESS when they tell you that. Always give them the benefit of the doubt the first time they claim a prophetic vision, but when it doesn't come to pass, then it just shows who they really are. He's not a prophet, so let's move on now, shall we?

TheBorg

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by armageddonbeliever

Originally posted by nephyx

sorry if I did mate but if you have a look at the thread title again its a question in fact NOT a prediction, definitely NOT on my part, I posted this thread purely out of INTEREST...people don't go trashing this thread just beacuse an armageddon type event did not happen chances are it wouldn't have happened anyway so its your own fault really if you choose to be disappointed or angry

and on a side note, Eric said in his last article to allow for a time frame of 2 days before and after May 25, so don't dismiss his claims altogether yet...but he really must be crazy does he want to be regarded as a misguided no-show fearmonger forever? Apparently he'd rather his reputation be tarnished forever than 'risk' the loss of millions

I don't understand how you can say that.. This guy most likely did this to see what reaction he would get from the public. Don't be so gullible. If he were right, then why did he have to change his story. Don't you know that if you change your story in a court case, you lose credibility? I haven't the foggiest idea why anyone believes anything he says. I know what he'll say next too. He'll say to give it even more time, because maybe the aliens made a date mistake, or he'll make another excuse to try and keep attention on him and his phony prophecy. I've given up on him and his lame attempt at attention. As far as I'm concerned, the aliens should come pick him up. He seems so in touch with them.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
I don't understand how you can say that.. This guy most likely did this to see what reaction he would get from the public. Don't be so gullible. If he were right, then why did he have to change his story.

If you have read the articles he posted he said BEFORE May 25 to give or take 2 days, so you can take that as confirmation he is not reneging on his prediction...and even if he is a nutcase I'm sure his reasons for publicising his 'visions' were of an innocent and altruistic nature...he stated he was unconcerned for his own fate should he be wrong and he was geninely concerned for the people living on the atlantic coasts, this man really did think he had a duty to warn the world of this likely disaster, and he had thorougly researched his arguments. I don't believe somebody would go to that length just to perform a hoax, or even an elaborate one...and seriously, he certainly would not have went to all this trouble just to gauge 'public reaction'...

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I think Eric Julien just took a possible scenario that he knew about and made a website to try to make some money off it. I imagine he brainstormed it and decided to throw some alien story with it, in this case that he was warned by ET.

For him its more of a 50/50 chance. Either it does happen and he becomes famous from warning everyone and saving countless lives or it doesn't happen and (as some1 else said) he writes some book about how the aliens saved us from certain doom. Either way, in the process he gets a few chuckles from watching everyone flip out and mention his name a milion x and he makes a few $ from his site.

This is though if he hadn't of tried to take advantage of this, then some1 else would of... so as much as I wanna BOO him I just don't see a point.

I will admit though, it is a possible scenario and I for 1 am not saying it WONT still happen... something like a possible comet impact can't be predicted to happen on 1 single day... if he were smarter he would of predicted a time period of at least a week.

[edit on 26-5-2006 by Techsnow]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
riotcoming:

I'd like you to understand something about prophetic visions. This Julien STATED that the comet fragments would hit Earth ON MAY 25th, not the 26th, 24th, or any other day

As stated above, you are incorrect in that assumption, and your calls to close this thread down are (at this stage) somewhat premature. From Eric Julien's "Part IV" article, he states I had announced in my very first article that the event would take place AROUND MAY 25, 2006, give or take two days.

Also bear in mind the "out clause" Julien has:

Our remaining time is but a few days. If we alert our leaders and our fellow-citizens by widely diffusing the extraterrestrial message and this article that each one is free to translate and make known, the worst should be avoided. The comet fragment, probably still invisible for our measuring instruments, would then be destroyed by the extraterrestrial ones

..and maybe that's the true reason for the Bush & Blair meeting earlier? Seems far-fetched, sounds like it's straight from a sci-fi blockbuster. Heck I don't really believe it myself. But I do believe in free speech and no censorship. If this prediction passes, give it a few days, a few weeks, whatever, and let it die a natural death. People will soon lose interest in it once the general consensus realises it was bogus. But since there is still plenty of interest in this, it's wrong to call for thread closures and strongarm censorship. Let the market forces decide!

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
What I don't understand is why so many people enjoy shooting down others' ideas, predictions etc. Okay-- many and most of them are baseless and not formed around facts, including this one apparently. It's one thing to point this out... but some of you seem to actually get a kick out of being on the side that doesn't believe anything. I totally understand having the opinion that these predictions, prophecies etc are BS. But you don't have to be ugly and insultive about it. If you don't want to "waste your time on the thread" then don't read it. Quit blaming other people for your own actions. And since when is your time important enough to yell at other people who simply believe in something that is, in no way, harming you? Let it go... there are other more important battles to be faught.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing
I haven't quite dismissed this event as harshly as some have, wow some people are wishing Eric Julien to be shot in the face according to some internet forums I've seen - it's almost like they're angry that the event isn't happening exactly as Julien described... The people who are upset about this have just read the opening paragraphs in the savelivesinmay website and not read all the information thoroughly.

Well, on account of me being pissed off about this moron, I can say you're wrong. His works are not based in any facts. I have thoroughly read his site. He's taking data and images off of NASA websites out of context, editing them to fit his agenda, and then saying NASA is wrong.

Simple math and physics proves this person wrong. All it takes is a slight understanding about it. The thing is that people don't ever listen to logic and reason.

On top of that, his credentials seem to be limited to that he was a French Military ATC that once tracked a UFO at 15,000 mph. Oh, and the ETs are talking with him. Sounds like a really credble source! Funny how he deletes the posts of and bans anyone who comes onto his forums and proves him wrong.

He's simply keeping his agenda rolling. ET will save us from the comet (which was never going to hit anyway) and then he can publish a book about it. The morons who believed him throughout the whole thing will go and buy the book, and be out 20-30 dollars. ANd this asshat behind it all will get some financial gain to support him until his next hoax comes through.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
that this guy was embarasssed. He is a fool and now we can root him out of the credible sources. I love it when someone comes along with extreme claims and then they get their arss grilled. Last year it was prophet A-hole and this year it is this guy.

We should make an awards show here at ATS and give out medals to the credible researchers, and turds to the fakers.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by firebat
What I don't understand is why so many people enjoy shooting down others' ideas, predictions etc. Okay-- many and most of them are baseless and not formed around facts, including this one apparently. It's one thing to point this out... but some of you seem to actually get a kick out of being on the side that doesn't believe anything. I totally understand having the opinion that these predictions, prophecies etc are BS. But you don't have to be ugly and insultive about it. If you don't want to "waste your time on the thread" then don't read it. Quit blaming other people for your own actions. And since when is your time important enough to yell at other people who simply believe in something that is, in no way, harming you? Let it go... there are other more important battles to be faught.

The main reasons that people jump to debunk ridiculous claims is to:

1. Stop possible wide spread paranoia
2. Prohibit any possible financial gain for the "prophit"
3. Save lives.

People in morroco fled the coast because of this guy. Time and money was wasted not only on this idiot's books, but also on "preparing for impact." Most people DO believe everything they hear, since the general population has a terrible I.Q. I am not the smartest person in the world, not by far, but when someone tries to contradict mathematics and physics, I get a little ticked off. ESPECIALLY when someone uses ET communication and crop circles as part of their evidence. Come on people.

I do get a kick out of being on the debunking side. Why? because it is the RIGHT SIDE TO BE ON. Also, it has always been the side of SANITY. If something actually happens, chances are I will be dead anways, so why the hell would I care about any criticism on the internet for my "wrong assumptions?" So far, the doomsayers are scoreless... and I like teams that win

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
If anything good comes out of these kinds of hoaxes, it reminds people that bad things do happen. Earthquakes, tsunamis, etc. I don't feel you should go paranoid and stock up ridiculously huge because of one person's opinion, but I think that everyone should be moderately prepared for disasters. Take some time to make a first aid kit. Think about what you would take with you if you had to leave your house in 5 minutes. Maybe even go to the extent of having a backpack with survival supplies all ready to go. Follow Titor's advice and have a bike ready and know how to ride it. Contemplate how you would get out of your town if an invading army came in/aliens came down/a disaster is about to strike or has just struck, or decide if you would rather stay and fight. Don't stockpile an entire room of non-perishable food and water, but keep some tin cans of alphaghetti or something handy. If nothing happens, you can always eat them and buy new ones to keep replenishing.

Don't be caught unaware. Have a general plan and supplies ready for if something happens. This means anything that could happen tomorrow, in 5 years, 25 years, whatever.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It seems NASA was correct in figgerin' the closest fragments of any consequence are still millions of miles away. I guess there is an outside chance that by the 27th a comet fragment of any consequence will hit the Atlantic Ocean south of the Azores. My money stays on NASA though.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Is It The End Of The World Yet?

Speaking as a former (and properly disgraced) Prophet o' Doom myself, I can say with some ironic candor that this outcome was predictable.

Heck, cmdrkeenkid predicted the true outcome -- and quite emphatically, at that.

Isn't a true prophet one who speaks the truth, even when it's not popular to do so?

We must therefore hoist cmdrkeenkid upon our shoulders and carry him to the Temple, where he can be properly vested and feted in accordance with tradition.

All hail the Prophet CKK!

As is always the case, there will be some who refuse to believe this apocalyptic scenario didn't happen, even as the weeks, months and years go by -- at least, until the next Doom Prophecy of the Week comes along. Then this one may be conveniently forgotten.

Those who seek to Deny Ignorance within themselves will see this, and know it for a sign.

It is a sign that we can learn from what does not happen, just as we can learn from what does.

Let those who have ears, hear!

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join