It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Hell IS Real !!! This Guy Went There!!!!

page: 16
0
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by wildcat
That will be hard getting away from all the black clothes and the lyrics I like.


Wha? Cancel black clothes? No way. I still wear black, spiked collar and wristband. I wear a cross, but otherwise very similar to the "before" me (the big change was on the inside
). As far as lyrics, I think as long as they're not worshipping the devil or another god, there isn't really a conflict with your worship with God. Perspective is key, though I have to say I don't much care for hearing whole CD's of how angry a person is and how much life sucks in music anymore. It gets old after a while. A bit of hope and celebration is fun to throw into the mix. Being human isn't just one emotion.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by saint4God]


I do believe that those bands dont worship the devil and they only do it for the fans. They also are normal people but other people say they are satanic but if my religion says it but I dont want to listen so then it may be true. Oh and for black clothes, I meant how a band wearing black clothes looks much better than one with white. I am not a goth I'm a jock




posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tetraspace
I grew up going to all girl Catholic Schools and around religion in general....

For some reason it blew in one ear and came out the other....I mean 10years of religion class and all a's and b's and still don't know crap other than basic morals (10 commandants/you know love your neighbor but don't fu!@k his wife ha) and if I don't go to church I'll burn in hell....

Well, all that religion actually turned me off...for the most part I'm a good person I make mistakes, but my heart is gold.....Even through my rebellious punk rock stage when I actually dated and knew quite a few Satanist....(Satanism just an excuse to be selfish and do what you want) I always had a good heart....

Most* (I don't mean the horribly bad people of the world) people aren't bad b/c they want to be...they are b/c they are hurt. I know when I did drugs and ran away from home and rebelled it was b/c I was very angry/confused/sad/misguided.....I don't think that your soul should be punished b/c you are confused or b/c you don't go to church...I think punishment and fire and angry and all these things are wayyyy tooo mortal and human for any higher being to be part of and if God is as loving as they say he is then why would he ever put up an requirement like that??? I'm not God and I always forgive people and would never want anyone to have to suffer that bad for their mistakes, b/c I understand we are human and make mistakes and it's natural, and you have the chance to learn from it.....that is loving...That 1st guy....GEEEZZZ don't you think God would have thought he suffered enough with that troubled life!! WOW! It's not like he was going around torturing and killing people....

If their is a God/after life and it's based on how you live....then wouldn't it make more sense that you just keep getting reborn until you soul is ready for a Nirvana? that whatever big mistakes you make it's like etched in your soul for you to remember in your next waking life to try to avoid and with each life you get closer to God and you yourself become almost like a loving spiritual creature....b/c TO ME life is classroom and you're not going to graduate until you are ready.....BUT you always have the chance to learn....and start over...and I don't think that punishment is a loving way of teaching!! FORCING one with eternal darkness/fire into accepting them is sin like you ask me.

Hahaha I'll burn you forever if you don't accept me! Come on people....GOD is not Hitler.

Like Jesus probably the most misunderstood man in History....I think he was wayyyy ahead of his time spiritually and veryyy close to GOD like I said...he was basically knocking on Heavens door and no one was there to understand that state his spirit was in....

I don’t know that’s just my thoughts....I'm Agnostic I believe in something I just don't know what it is yet.


Very good posts! I find it interesting that the believers simply ingore this post because it shows that you can live a perfectly good life in the absence of God.



posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
. Just religious propaganda.


I'm sorry, but why would they 'need' to spread propganda, and is it really 'sinister'



posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
So...

Besides Christians who else in the world believes in hell?

and by hell I mean a fiery pit of suffering and luaus every thursday night?


ya know the typical christian pit of eternal damnation...



posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
I do believe that those bands dont worship the devil and they only do it for the fans.


Perhaps, though from our vantage point if they sing "hug Satan" it sounds and looks the same whether genuine or not.


Originally posted by wildcat
They also are normal people but other people say


"Other people" say lots of things. God gave us brains to use them for ourselves. Watch and explore for yourself because in the end, that's who you have to account for. As Paul says, "Test everything".


Originally posted by wildcat
they are satanic but if my religion says it but I dont want to listen so then it may be true.


I'd encourage you to find out by reading the lyrics and making that determination yourself. Strange symbols? Look 'em up! If you want to trust the chruch (if it is in accordance with God and the Bible), I think that's a safe thing to do. I'm a skeptic at heart and admire those who have the faith that doesn't demand answers for everything.


Originally posted by wildcat
Oh and for black clothes, I meant how a band wearing black clothes looks much better than one with white. I am not a goth I'm a jock


Historically, black has been the color for theatre. Some plays were written with all black clothing and just masks as design for the character. The reason was to take emphasis on the person's body and put it on their face and hands. You see the person instead of what they wear. Somehow we got a backlash from hippie-gear, where it was all about the brightly colored clothing to goth, a de-emphasis on clothing (although arguably attention-getters themselves). Most Christians I know would agree that clothes don't matter. Traditional churches may want a person to "look their best for God" on Sunday mornings and there's merit to that, but I prefer the "God sees beyond what you wear" kind of church. Which is correct? Well, how do you feel God is calling you to be? Don't know? Ask Him. He does indeed answer in one way or another. As far as being a jock, I commend you for the dedicated spirit it takes to be healthy, active and persistent towards success. These traits are indeed great models for many of us.



posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
So...

Besides Christians who else in the world believes in hell?

and by hell I mean a fiery pit of suffering and luaus every thursday night?


ya know the typical christian pit of eternal damnation...




Well for starters a true satanist believes in hell, In fact they believe that serving satan will garner a better position once they are there in hell, only to find that they were tricked like the rest of humanity, and to answer whether you can live a good life without god? sure you can! the bible says that you can enjoy the plesures of sin for a season but the end thereof is destruction.

you can live a life without god and be happy but at the end the pit awaits. Remember the rich man in the bible who faired sumptuously all the days of his life and the begger layed at his gate covered in sores but at the end of thier lives the begger was carried in the arms of angels to abrahams side and the rich man entered into hell into everlasting torment and so the story goes for multipied millions today. sure a satanist can have the rewards of serving satan today and many have been given his reward for thier service, satan offered to give jesus himself the kingdoms of the earth.

Satan could not have offered this to jesus if it were not HIS to give. Thus satan is in control of the whole world system. If he were not, then jesus would have said so, but instead jesus goes as far as to say that satan is "the god of this world". So your asking yourself how could god just give the world to satan, good question I'm glad you asked, God never gave the world to satan he gave it to adam and told adam he had dominion over everything on earth. Adam through his sin gave it satan because he bowed his knee to satan when the temptation came.

Ever wonder why all the masons that are high up, are accused of being satanist's?? It's because they are! How do you think that they have gotten so high up in the world system?? It's because they are being rewarded for thier service to satan. Very simple really and in light of this all the rest of the puzzle falls into place.



posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   


Satanism is not about Satan!!! Or worshiping an evil creature....FOR ALL YOU PEOPLE OUT THERE!! Who think Satanist worship and praise the Christian Satan...I have news for you!!

"The beliefs, practices and rituals of the Church of Satan have few, if any, points of similarity with the Christian or Muslim concept of Satan. The CoS' Satan is pre-Christian, and derived from the Pagan image of power, virility, sexuality and sensuality. Satan is viewed as a force of nature, not a living quasi-deity. Their Satan has nothing to do with Hell, demons, pitchforks, sadistic torture, demonic possession, and profound evil. There are references in LaVey' writings to having conducted a few Black Masses for publicity purposes, in which the Roman Catholic Mass was ridiculed. But, it is unknown whether these references were satirical or reflected actual rituals. Assuming that the black masses were fictional, all of their rituals have no connection to those of Christianity or of any other religion."

Some of their beliefs and practices are:

They do not worship a living deity.
Major emphasis is placed on the power and authority of the individual Satanist, rather than on a god or goddess.
They believe that "no redeemer liveth" - that each person is their own redeemer, fully responsible for the direction of their own life.
"Satanism respects and exalts life. Children and animals are the purest expressions of that life force, and as such are held sacred and precious..." 2

BUT OF COURSE...you will ignore my post...since it states facts....and not fantasy.



posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal

Originally posted by Lysergic
So...

Besides Christians who else in the world believes in hell?

and by hell I mean a fiery pit of suffering and luaus every thursday night?


ya know the typical christian pit of eternal damnation...




Well for starters a true satanist believes in hell, In fact they believe that serving satan will garner a better position once they are there in hell, only to find that they were tricked like the rest of humanity, and to answer whether you can live a good life without god? sure you can! the bible says that you can enjoy the plesures of sin for a season but the end thereof is destruction.

you can live a life without god and be happy but at the end the pit awaits. Remember the rich man in the bible who faired sumptuously all the days of his life and the begger layed at his gate covered in sores but at the end of thier lives the begger was carried in the arms of angels to abrahams side and the rich man entered into hell into everlasting torment and so the story goes for multipied millions today. sure a satanist can have the rewards of serving satan today and many have been given his reward for thier service, satan offered to give jesus himself the kingdoms of the earth.

Satan could not have offered this to jesus if it were not HIS to give. Thus satan is in control of the whole world system. If he were not, then jesus would have said so, but instead jesus goes as far as to say that satan is "the god of this world". So your asking yourself how could god just give the world to satan, good question I'm glad you asked, God never gave the world to satan he gave it to adam and told adam he had dominion over everything on earth. Adam through his sin gave it satan because he bowed his knee to satan when the temptation came.

Ever wonder why all the masons that are high up, are accused of being satanist's?? It's because they are! How do you think that they have gotten so high up in the world system?? It's because they are being rewarded for thier service to satan. Very simple really and in light of this all the rest of the puzzle falls into place.



YOU KNOW its ONE THING to follow YOUR BELIEFS and I RESPECT that....

BUT TO go around and say FALSE STATEMENTS....is ridiculous...
Get your facts straight before you do that....

I recall in religion class......GOSSIP is a sin.

And I'm not part of any organized religion or group...
I just like to keep the facts from the fiction....

Don't drag the masons name in the dirt either....You have no clue about the masons they are called a secret society for a reason....



posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I already read the lyrics for some of them and they dont say "hug satin" or anything like that. Except Cradle of Filth that I know of has the word "beast" in it and eternal damnation and slavery. But the ones I listen to the most dont really say that.



posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tetraspace
Satanism is not about Satan!!!


Per your own post and the definition itself, it is.


Originally posted by Tetraspace
Or worshiping an evil creature....FOR ALL YOU PEOPLE OUT THERE!! Who think Satanist worship and praise the Christian Satan...I have news for you!!


I know Satanism does not acknowledge teh Christian view of Satan is not valid, rather they say...


Originally posted by Tetraspace
"The beliefs, practices and rituals of the Church of Satan have few, if any, points of similarity with the Christian or Muslim concept of Satan. The CoS' Satan is pre-Christian, and derived from the Pagan image of power, virility, sexuality and sensuality. Satan is viewed as a force of nature, not a living quasi-deity. Their Satan has nothing to do with Hell, demons, pitchforks, sadistic torture, demonic possession, and profound evil. There are references in LaVey' writings to having conducted a few Black Masses for publicity purposes, in which the Roman Catholic Mass was ridiculed. But, it is unknown whether these references were satirical or reflected actual rituals. Assuming that the black masses were fictional, all of their rituals have no connection to those of Christianity or of any other religion."


For the most part that's what many believe. Though, a Satanic friend of mine would disagree that it does not involve Hell, demons, and possession. As far as evil goes, evil gets re-defined as "personal freedom".


Originally posted by Tetraspace
Some of their beliefs and practices are:

They do not worship a living deity.


Some Satanists may not, but I don't think it would be accurate to say they all are this way.


Originally posted by Tetraspace
Major emphasis is placed on the power and authority of the individual Satanist, rather than on a god or goddess.
They believe that "no redeemer liveth" - that each person is their own redeemer, fully responsible for the direction of their own life.


I think it would be fair to say it's pretty universally agreed in Satanic society.


Originally posted by Tetraspace
"Satanism respects and exalts life. Children and animals are the purest expressions of that life force, and as such are held sacred and precious..."


Some Satanists may feel this way. To say Satanism as a whole does looks like an overstatement.


Originally posted by Tetraspace
BUT OF COURSE...you will ignore my post...since it states facts....and not fantasy.


A bit presumptious on your part, no? Are you banking on the chance that no-one here has been recruited/educated in Satanism? Not likely considering how broad-spectrumed ATS is.


[edit on 19-7-2006 by saint4God]



posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
Just Christians playing the Fear card again.


I grew up with that kind of crap, stories about people that went to hell etc. Anyone can claim they went to hell. Just religious propaganda.


Here are my thoughts concerning this subject, & the subject of religion in general....

People always say, Better safe than sorry"... but more accurately would be "better SAVED than sorry".

As far as the questions:
Is there, or ISN'T there a Heaven & Hell?
What if I'm wrong & there is no heaven?

My answer is:
OK, what if there's NOT? Am I bad off in the "afterlife"? Probably not. That means the WORST that could happen is I die, & there's Nothing. (so, no big deal)
OR, I die, & I'm reincarnated. (Again, no big deal)
If I AM wrong, & there is no heaven or Hell, I'm still OK.

BUT.....

WHAT IF I'M RIGHT????? What if there IS Heaven & Hell? Then I'm going to be blessed with eternal life, & love.
... But where would that leave YOU? What if I'm right, & YOU'RE wrong?

See, I have nothing to lose, or fear because I take God's word as the truth.
.... But what happens to all the NON-Belivers if THEY are wrong, & have rejected Christ as their savior?

Well...... The answer is simple. They'll all be in that place that they didn't believe was real. HELL!

I'll say this too, My life is GREAT as a believer & because I HAVE asked for salvation, & repented for my sins, all the bad, & craziness has vanished.
I feel better about life, & everything about it.

So, my faith & trust gives me peace of mind. & there's NO bad about that!

So what if I AM wrong? Again.. No big deal, because I STILL feel good about believing in the gift of salvation through Jesus.

But....

What if I'm RIGHT!!??



posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by Tetraspace
Satanism is not about Satan!!!


Per your own post and the definition itself, it is.


Originally posted by Tetraspace
Or worshiping an evil creature....FOR ALL YOU PEOPLE OUT THERE!! Who think Satanist worship and praise the Christian Satan...I have news for you!!


I know Satanism does not acknowledge teh Christian view of Satan is not valid, rather they say...


Originally posted by Tetraspace
"The beliefs, practices and rituals of the Church of Satan have few, if any, points of similarity with the Christian or Muslim concept of Satan. The CoS' Satan is pre-Christian, and derived from the Pagan image of power, virility, sexuality and sensuality. Satan is viewed as a force of nature, not a living quasi-deity. Their Satan has nothing to do with Hell, demons, pitchforks, sadistic torture, demonic possession, and profound evil. There are references in LaVey' writings to having conducted a few Black Masses for publicity purposes, in which the Roman Catholic Mass was ridiculed. But, it is unknown whether these references were satirical or reflected actual rituals. Assuming that the black masses were fictional, all of their rituals have no connection to those of Christianity or of any other religion."


For the most part that's what many believe. Though, a Satanic friend of mine would disagree that it does not involve Hell, demons, and possession. As far as evil goes, evil gets re-defined as "personal freedom".


Originally posted by Tetraspace
Some of their beliefs and practices are:

They do not worship a living deity.


Some Satanists may not, but I don't think it would be accurate to say they all are this way.


Originally posted by Tetraspace
Major emphasis is placed on the power and authority of the individual Satanist, rather than on a god or goddess.
They believe that "no redeemer liveth" - that each person is their own redeemer, fully responsible for the direction of their own life.


I think it would be fair to say it's pretty universally agreed in Satanic society.


Originally posted by Tetraspace
"Satanism respects and exalts life. Children and animals are the purest expressions of that life force, and as such are held sacred and precious..."


Some Satanists may feel this way. To say Satanism as a whole does looks like an overstatement.


Originally posted by Tetraspace
BUT OF COURSE...you will ignore my post...since it states facts....and not fantasy.


A bit presumptious on your part, no? Are you banking on the chance that no-one here has been recruited/educated in Satanism? Not likely considering how broad-spectrumed ATS is.


[edit on 19-7-2006 by saint4God]



Look I don't agree with any organized religion....
If I could find something that I could agree with at least 90% than maybe I would think about it

I'm not taking up for Satanist.....but seriously a TRUE Anton Levy COS, Satanist believes what I just stated...

It is the text def. of a Satanist...

Others may disagree, but that is not what it is....

I'm just the person saying, HEY! not all people who call themselves Satanist are devil worshipers....K....

B/C the real text book def. of one is different.



posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Some very thought provoking points, marko1970.



Originally posted by Tetraspace
Look I don't agree with any organized religion....
If I could find something that I could agree with at least 90% than maybe I would think about it


Belief in God is not made to fit our agreement. Rather belief in God is realizing there is a God and making ourselves agree with Him. Tailor-made religions are a human construction, not an understanding of the reality of our situation.


Originally posted by Tetraspace
I'm not taking up for Satanist.....but seriously a TRUE Anton Levy COS, Satanist believes what I just stated...

It is the text def. of a Satanist...

Others may disagree, but that is not what it is....


*shrugs* Just giving the perspectives of the friend, a practicing Satanist who was my educator and was looking to recruit me. We actively exchanged how are beliefs were similar and different.


Originally posted by Tetraspace
B/C the real text book def. of one is different.


Feel free to take up that argument with dictionaries/textbooks. Hard to discuss things with continuously changing definitions though.

[edit on 19-7-2006 by saint4God]



posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Some very thought provoking points, marko1970.



Originally posted by Tetraspace
Look I don't agree with any organized religion....
If I could find something that I could agree with at least 90% than maybe I would think about it


Belief in God is not made to fit our agreement. Rather belief in God is realizing there is a God and making ourselves agree with Him. Tailor-made religions are a human construction, not an understanding of the reality of our situation.


Originally posted by Tetraspace
I'm not taking up for Satanist.....but seriously a TRUE Anton Levy COS, Satanist believes what I just stated...

It is the text def. of a Satanist...

Others may disagree, but that is not what it is....


*shrugs* Just giving the perspectives of the friend, a practicing Satanist who was my educator and was looking to recruit me. We actively exchanged how are beliefs were similar and different.


Originally posted by Tetraspace
B/C the real text book def. of one is different.


Feel free to take up that argument with dictionaries/textbooks. Hard to discuss things with continuously changing definitions though.

[edit on 19-7-2006 by saint4God]



just b/c you have a friend who is a Satanist doesn't make you an expert...
Which form of Satanism does he/she follow???

External Source

Satanism is a term that may refer to a religious, semi-religious, and/or philosophical movement. The term is normally applied by non-Satanists to those individuals who worship the entity called "Satan," and advocate the triumph of evil forces over good in the universe; however, members of the Church of Satan, the most organized Satanic group, reject this common association, as they do not actually believe in a being called "Satan," and use his name only as a symbolic allusion to certain materialistic and individualistic values. Adherents of the various forms of Satanism recognize Satan as either an archetype, a pre-cosmic force, an actual living entity, and/or some aspect of human nature. Although named for Satan, a name associated with evil and temptation, Satanism is also the name given to certain spiritual paths which emphasize the Left-Hand Path, as opposed to the much more common Right-Hand Path. Adherents to the Left-Hand path (a.k.a. Left-Handers) believe in spiritual enrichment through their own work on themselves, and that ultimately they are answerable only to themselves, while Right-Handers believe in spiritual enrichment through the dissolution or submission of the self to (or into) something greater. LaVeyans do not in fact worship a deity called Satan, or necessarily any other deity, nor do they follow a principle of evil. This aspect of their beliefs is very commonly misunderstood due to the presence of theistic Satanists, who revere Satan as a literal being.

Instead of divine laws or naturistic principles (such as in Wicca), Satanism generally focuses upon material or physical advancement of the self with guidance from external higher beings or external principles, instead of submission to a deity or a set of moral codes. For this reason, many contemporary Satanists eschew traditional religious beliefs, attitudes and worship in favor of more egoistic, self-centering worldviews, natural law, survival of the fittest and practices such as materialism, individualism and magic. However, some Satanists do choose voluntary moral codes.


[edit on 19-7-2006 by Tetraspace]



posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
There is a difference b/w a devil worshiper and a Satanist



posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'm sure you are referring to this???


external source

Religious Satanism (sometimes referred to as Traditional Satanism or Theistic Satanism) is the form of Satanism whose followers believe Satan is a force (or energy) in nature. Contrary to popular belief, most forms of Satanism understand Satan as a symbol, and not as an actual entity; therefore, Religious Satanism is very rare. A more common denomination of Satanism is called Philosophical or LaVeyan Satanism.

Unlike Satanists affiliated with the Church of Satan who are largely atheistic or agnostic, theistic Satanists claim that they experience a "dark" divinity or powerful entity behind the forces of darkness, knowledge, animal energy and freedom in their lives. He (or She) is sometimes perceived as the Muse and the Bestower of knowledge (Gnosis). Theistic Satanists may place a great emphasis on the Serpent in the Biblical tale of Genesis, whom they perceive to be one of the many emanations or incarnations of Lucifer or Satan. According to such teachings, Satan blessed mankind with the "forbidden" fruit of knowledge of good and evil. From this perspective, knowing good is a good thing, but knowing evil is even better, for someone who knows and recognizes evil is better-armed and equipped to fight evil. It is for this reason that Theistic Satanists perceive Satan not as a Force of evil but rather a Force of good. Other devil worshippers though reject this idea, and see themselves as enemies of "Good" and servants of "Evil" in the name of Satan, who they see as the God of all that is Evil.



posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by marko1970
People always say, Better safe than sorry"... but more accurately would be "better SAVED than sorry".


So you love Jesus because if you don't you'll be sorry?


I'll say this too, My life is GREAT as a believer & because I HAVE asked for salvation, & repented for my sins, all the bad, & craziness has vanished.
I feel better about life, & everything about it.

So, my faith & trust gives me peace of mind. & there's NO bad about that!

So what if I AM wrong? Again.. No big deal, because I STILL feel good about believing in the gift of salvation through Jesus.

But....

What if I'm RIGHT!!??


Well, looks like you found a loophole in the everlasting soul.
Something you haven't dealt with though. You give only two options, Jesus is Lord, and Nothing. What if by accepting Jesus you damn yourself to an eternity with clamps on your privates (possibly another interpretation of Hell)?

As for feeling good because of Jesus, I put that in the same category as losing a headache after taking a sugar pill. The human mind is a powerful thing, even if you're not concious of it. If I believe that a pile of dog feces tastes like cherries, and I believe hard enough, it will be true.



posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

Originally posted by marko1970
People always say, Better safe than sorry"... but more accurately would be "better SAVED than sorry".


So you love Jesus because if you don't you'll be sorry?


I'll say this too, My life is GREAT as a believer & because I HAVE asked for salvation, & repented for my sins, all the bad, & craziness has vanished.
I feel better about life, & everything about it.

So, my faith & trust gives me peace of mind. & there's NO bad about that!

So what if I AM wrong? Again.. No big deal, because I STILL feel good about believing in the gift of salvation through Jesus.

But....

What if I'm RIGHT!!??


Well, looks like you found a loophole in the everlasting soul.
Something you haven't dealt with though. You give only two options, Jesus is Lord, and Nothing. What if by accepting Jesus you damn yourself to an eternity with clamps on your privates (possibly another interpretation of Hell)?

As for feeling good because of Jesus, I put that in the same category as losing a headache after taking a sugar pill. The human mind is a powerful thing, even if you're not concious of it. If I believe that a pile of dog feces tastes like cherries, and I believe hard enough, it will be true.


...hmmm agreed almost like psychosomatic



posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tetraspace
just b/c you have a friend who is a Satanist doesn't make you an expert...


This is true. Fortunately I never claimed to be an expert. I can say though it was a pretty in-depth education. I thought most of it was common knowledge amoung most people...but am learning a lot of it was not.


Originally posted by Tetraspace
Which form of Satanism does he/she follow???


He said he followed TRUE Satanism, that others were only "soft" versions.


Originally posted by Tetraspace
LaVeyans do not in fact worship a deity called Satan, or necessarily any other deity, nor do they follow a principle of evil. This aspect of their beliefs is very commonly misunderstood due to the presence of theistic Satanists, who revere Satan as a literal being.


By this definition, I'd say he was a theistic Satanist and not a LaVeyan. I cannot speak for him in this regard though.


Originally posted by Tetraspace
Instead of divine laws or naturistic principles (such as in Wicca), Satanism generally focuses upon material or physical advancement of the self with guidance from external higher beings or external principles, instead of submission to a deity or a set of moral codes. For this reason, many contemporary Satanists eschew traditional religious beliefs, attitudes and worship in favor of more egoistic, self-centering worldviews, natural law, survival of the fittest and practices such as materialism, individualism and magic. However, some Satanists do choose voluntary moral codes.


It seems across the board on either "branch" that Satanism is more egoistic, self-centereing worldviews, survival of the fittest, materialism, individualism and magic. I think that all sides could agree on. Could be wrong, just what I've heard so far.


Originally posted by Tetraspace
There is a difference b/w a devil worshiper and a Satanist


Apparently not to the theistic Satanist. I recall him saying about others being in denial.

[edit on 19-7-2006 by saint4God]



posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
If I believe that a pile of dog feces tastes like cherries, and I believe hard enough, it will be true.


For me after a second of tasting, reality would set in that it is not...no matter how much I wanted to believe it to be true. I'm curious if you would be willing to put your words to the test.

[edit on 19-7-2006 by saint4God]



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

log in

join