It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hell IS Real !!! This Guy Went There!!!!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by happness

Originally posted by cobol
After reading 12 pages of replies, all I can say is the replies themselves are proof the bible is correct. The parable of the rich man who went to hell says that he asked an angel to send Moses to go back to talk to his brothers. The angel replies it wouldn't work. They have the Law and the prophets, the angel says. If they won't believe these signs, they would not believe even if Moses himself came back to talk to them.

So true, and so so sad.

Don't exactly see where the proof is stated.

I'm beginning to think you people just worship the bible, instead of the actual God.

"So true, and so so sad"

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I didn't have time to read the last 12 pages of posts, but someone in my church claims to have seen hell. Actually, two people. One guy named Pastor Liu and a teenage girl. Pastor Liu claims that he saw others around him moaning in agony and that he saw a group of other people far away. The other group was praying and he wanted to go there but he was held down by something. I'm not exactly sure what his testimony was (because i heard it 2 years ago) but he says that he got on his knees and started to pray in the middle of the moaning group. While he was praying, he heard a voice laughing at him and mocking him. At that point, a figure appeared to him (possibly an angel?) and tried to bid him to come to the other group instead of stay there in hell. Well, this Saturday ill get in contact with him and ask him a few more questions which ill relay back to ATS. Peace!

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Volatile, what are those words under your screenname? I believe they are the words "Forget, Forgive", possibly an allusion to Jesus's teachings "Forgive and Forget" which are found in a book which you claim to hate. I agree with you on some points, people should not rely on the Bible alone for the true path. It is simply a tool to open your mind to the basic teachings of love and light. If you want true knowledge, pray.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by happness

Originally posted by kokoro... This is based on my readings of ancient Jewish and Kabbalistic writings.

You are right! I am in no way saying that we should just wait until we are dead to be ashamed of our sin. There is always the option to recognize your sin in life and then take the appropriate measures to atone for it (ie; repent and actually mean it). That is of course the optimal situation. However, no man is without sin so we are bound to carry something with us after we die. And I think we would agree that there are a lot of people out there (myself included) that are doing things that they dont believe are sins, therefore, they do not repent. My point was really that hell is not a physical place, it is a state of being in which your soul is exposed to the all knowing G-d himself.

Those who believe into Christ have had their sins removed and in fact are free from the law of sin and death, according to the Bible, so I disagree that we will enter eternity with sin on us, if we've believed into Yahshua.

I don't see how hell can not be a physical place, the Bible indicates in Revelation esp, that those who go there are sent "alive" into the torment. That indicates physicality to me.

And really, your soul is exposed to God all the time, all your days, every moment, and in everything you think, say and do, is it not? Else God is not omnipotent now, but only after we die? Perhaps you meant that we are aware of being seen and that is hell?

Seems paltry compared to the types and kinds of sins I and others have committed.
In any event, I have become painfully aware of my sins over and over, and I am surely not in hell. In fact, I'm grateful that it happens here and now and not at the judgment seat.

Not according to my bible. The Torah says every man is responsible for his own sins and that you must atone. I already know what you are going to say now so jsut dont bother. I am already in a Jesus debate with someone else so if you want my opinion on that youll just have to read that thread. LOL We will just leave it as I totally and utterly disagree with everything you just said above.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   
@TheBlueSoldier

I don't hate the Bible, what I hate is that people rely on it way too much and its starting to sound like people worship the book instead of God.

As for "Forgive and Forget", its very common and general. It was also indirectly taught by Buddha, and I was not thinking about the Bible at the time I wrote it. As for being in the Bible, its a whole other story... If it did say so in the Bible, then I bet there aren't many Christains here, other than those who claim to be.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I do agree that people nowadays rely on the bible too much for many things, but you have to look at it from a Christian's perspective. To us, the bible is the only book in the world that has the direct word of God in it, accounts of people who experienced God and did their work through him, and the biography of our messiah. There are not many other sources in which you can learn about God, besides prayer.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
"To us, the bible is the only book in the world that has the direct word of God in it, accounts of people who experienced God and did their work through him, and the biography of our messiah. There are not many other sources in which you can learn about God, besides prayer."

First of all the bible does not have the words of God he never wrote the book. Secondly I doubt any of the miracles that happened in the bible based on historical and archealogical evidence and proof that researchers have brought forward. You claim people can learn about God through a book written by man and praying to a God who turns a deaf ear when the world needs him the most. I beleive if God exists and has the power to do anything like save humanity and does not then he is nor loving or caring. If God created man in his image then surely he does make mistakes and is not infallable as the bible claims.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Bogus. Answer me this--

If "hell" was supposedly created by God as a place of eternal damnation, and was supposedly created before the Earth and it's inhabitants; WHY would there be rats and reptiles there tormenting the sentenced?

A) Did God determine way ahead of time that rats and reptiles are "icky" and bad, and should be in a place tormenting people after they die to add insult to injury? Did he go "Hey, those creatures I made for hell would sure look awesome on Earth! Copy+Paste."

B) Why is every experience in hell so similar to that which we're familiar with in modern cinema and pop culture? If it was created by some almighty creator, shouldn't it be incomprehensible by the limits of our human minds?

C) How did this guy get sentenced by the infallible Jesus, and then get out? Was it a mistake? Get out of hell free card?

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by gnosis
Bogus. Answer me this--

If "hell" was supposedly created by God as a place of eternal damnation, and was supposedly created before the Earth and it's inhabitants; WHY would there be rats and reptiles there tormenting the sentenced?

God created rats and reptiles here. It wouldn't take a great stretch of the imagination to say they were there too. Now if there were hoggleboffers and ganapskinaris, then that'd be a little hard for us to conceive, would it not?

A) Did God determine way ahead of time that rats and reptiles are "icky" and bad, and should be in a place tormenting people after they die to add insult to injury?

Dunno. Who's to say? You? What then does that make you?

[/Did he go "Hey, those creatures I made for hell would sure look awesome on Earth! Copy+Paste."

Or the other way around. Don't see where this is addressed either way other than this man here.

B) Why is every experience in hell so similar to that which we're familiar with in modern cinema and pop culture? If it was created by some almighty creator, shouldn't it be incomprehensible by the limits of our human minds?

It probably is. I noticed the clips were from movies and pop media. One of them was Tim Curry in Legend playing the minotaur. Great movie by the way.

C) How did this guy get sentenced by the infallible Jesus, and then get out? Was it a mistake? Get out of hell free card?

Per his dissertation, he was brought there to see what it is like and testify to others what he had seen. I don't see any counter-evidence to constitute his testimony as "bogus" however.

[edit on 26-5-2006 by saint4God]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
At the risk of sounding like a total skeptic. I have to say I find it odd that he KNEW the temperature in his cell was 300 degrees. He KNEW the lake of fire was 10 miles away. He KNEW that he was 3700 miles down into the earth. Yet, he ESTIMATED that the demons that were in his cell were 12 OR 13 feet tall.

Also it seemed that everything he described is readilly available to anyone who wants to flip through the bible. as he pointed out several times by saying stuff like hell was blah blah blah, Just like in this scripture...

something seems funny about that to me.

one more thing. He said jesus told him to tell people I am coming soon. I doubt he would do this. Because while it didnt give an exact date. It does kinda conflict with the whole thief in the night thing.

BTW I am sorry if any of this has already been said. I didnt hav time to read the whole thread..

[edit on 26-5-2006 by Iwasneverhere]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwasneverhere
At the risk of sounding like a total skeptic. I have to say I find it odd that he KNEW the temperature in his cell was 300 degrees. He KNEW the lake of fire was 10 miles away. He KNEW that he was 3700 miles down into the earth. Yet, he ESTIMATED that the demons that were in his cell were 12 OR 13 feet tall.

Do you think perhaps there was more than one demon and they were of different sizes? In Revelation, only certain measurements were given to the author, not all. Nowhere does it say "I was God for a day" and knew all measurements.

Also it seemed that everything he described is readilly available to anyone who wants to flip through the bible. as he pointed out several times by saying stuff like hell was blah blah blah, Just like in this scripture...

Which lends credence, not takes it away. That is cross-verifying/validating. If it were completely different than anyone's experience ever, that's when I think it falls apart.

one more thing. He said jesus told him to tell people I am coming soon. I doubt he would do this. Because while it didnt give an exact date. It does kinda conflict with the whole thief in the night thing.

He told the apostles the same thing. And, in Revelation, the very last part of the book says this too.

BTW I am sorry if any of this has already been said. I didnt hav time to read the whole thread..

I think these are all new things brought to the table. Good eye on the measurement thing. I hadn't noticed that on the first go around.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I definately see where you are coming from on the different sizes of demons. but initially he was describing one.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Out of Body Experiences have been experienced by many people.
Some people can create energy balls (Ki, Chi, Qi or Psi balls).
People claim to be able to talk to the dead.
Some claim to be able to see the future before it happens.
Others can control their dreams to the maximum.
Some are able to cool or heat objects around them by the power of the mind.
Some had said to be able to levitate objects, and (very hard) push them.
A few particular claim to have been ghost, entities and demons.
Others feel negativity around them and share a common ability known to man as 'empathy'.
One person on these forums have claimed to have been to heaven, and he believes it to a massive extent, and it doesn't sound like a hoax from the way he is saying it.
Meditation have been said to make people gain higher awareness.

If all this is partly true, then what makes the claim that one guy could know small things as the temperature of Earth's core, so impossible to see the possibility in?

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I never questioned weather or not it was possible. I simply questioned the fact that he explained certain things so specifically and not others. Initially he was describing one demon. And considering he just knew the temp was 300 degress(which I am not questioning) how could he not be as specific when describing the demon. i.e. instead of saying this demon was 12'4" we get 12 or 13 feet

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   

how could he not be as specific when describing the demon.

I will correct myself on one thing. he was specific when describing the demon with the exception on its height

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Religious propaganda. Its just some guy promoting his religion. I say let people believe what they want to believe. I think that if people require a religious binding and the threat of hell to live out a moral life deserve hell and those who need a vision are one bull---- ing everyone and two deserve hell even more. But think about it. What kind of screwed up god would punish worldly sins by eternal pusishment. I try my best to live by a strict but practical moral code which I am actually thinking of adding celebusy to since I cant get chicks anyway. My morals are my own not some archaich code thought up thousands of years ago. I am not in particular of any religion. I'm too uncertain. There is no sure religion so I'd rather put my faith in myself which I am sure of despite its inadequacies. Once you bring other people into religious beliefs then you sow the seeds of persecution. This persecution may not come for thousands of years but IT WILL COME just because it does not happen in your lifetime doesn't mean is not your responsibility. I like to compare it to a lava lamp pencil sharpener. When I turn it upside-down other bubbles form and it has to sit for about 15 minutes to get them out but really its just many small bubbles that are now near invisible. The only way to unite is to subdivide to the point that you cannot tell the difference. The catagories of beliefs make it so easy to persecute that there is no wonder that it is done so often. If everyone kept their own set of beliefs then there would be no way to persecute people for that. The only neccesary guidelines are not harming others and stealing which should already be covered under the law of the country/state/city.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   
tristan i'm sorry you feel that way because your stand on this subject will eventually lead you to the loss of your eternal soul if you will listen to the disk (hades) on the site i've given on this thread you'll see even more evidence of the fact that this place is real, the guy on that disc start's talking about dying in an accident and going to hell, there he met former friend's he knew on earth they recognized him and called him by name and pleaded with him not to come to this place of torment, and i say this, please dont let yourself down on this because after death it's too late, only jesus can save you from this place of torment, i pray that you change your mind before it's too late

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I'm so sick of this whining about how God doesn't help us, how God punishes us, how God is the devil, but still helps us at times.

Tristan, maybe you should rethink what you said about God, as to you do not percieve the wisdom to see beyond God's choices. And btw. people call everything screwed up... When your computer crashes, it is screwed up... When you drop coffe down your suit, its screwed up.

Maybe you should stfu and stop complaining about how God doesn't help *you*?

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Well sorry if I offended anyone but:

I'm never going to see the wisdom in eternal punishment (not saying it neccesarily isn't there or that god isn't doing whats best)

Not a lot of people follow the religions and the little they do is because of being born into a religion

god helps me all of the time, he gives me life

religious is just an excuse for hate, Religion was an excuse for unexplained events and now that those events are somewhat explaned

And for the record I have no problem with bad things happening to me in this world

And just because I dont understand doesn't mean I cant have an oppinion

persecution has most often been caused not by belief in different gods but different cultures and power struggles. Its just a front for violence now.

Think about it, eternity for something you did in this world... and most of which people are pressured to do by things out of their control

I'm just saying that if we need a threat of eternal punishment to live a good life and treat others well and that is not working than humanity really is screwed

edit:
I'll believe what I want to believe. Feel free to debate and I may change beliefs but my point is that I have my own oppinion and should be free to have it. I am not bashing god I'm just saying I dont understand... Also before you get ticked off at me think: am I truly faithful to my religion (I dont know if you are so sorry if I'm wrong) most people I know consider it a chore to go to worship. I did back when I was younger and went to hebrew school and to services and I still hate the food @ seders (but then again I eat it anyway since I believe in the message of it)

[edit on 5/28/06 by TristanBW9456]

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Even if you are pressured into doing something nasty in this world, doesn't mean you don't have to choice to say no. It is your life, and if you do what everyone else says, you have no honor. If I was God, somebody who coulden't stand by himself, even though there were 20 guns pointed at his face does not deserve to go to heaven.

And for the record, I did not say anything about your opinion, I was just stating that you shoulden't go about saying that God is screwed up because he lets people go to hell. I don't believe in Hell, but I am only aware that there might be one... That makes me enough prepared for it, if it ever was real.

And by the way, religion is not an excuse for hate, maybe christianity is, but Buddhism is not, so you can't talk in general for all religions, that they are based on hate. Buddhists do not hate other religions, as part of buddhism is practicing to better yourself, and by that most of them meditates (if not all). Instead of in christianity, all you really do is pray and teach others from a book.

And no, that was not meant as an insult.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join