It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Scary Developments - WW3 just days away.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
today,or in the best case,before the 20th.
All these posts about herbalism,survival (WHY do we need to make such preparations if no one intends our harm?),stockpiling water and so on...
Make me sick
C'mmon people!Think Constructively. Not "how are we going to make it through the nuclear winter and the stone age?" ,but "how do we stop these mad murderers in our own government?"
All this sense of helplessness and doom upon our world is making our "masters" believe strongly in their opinion that we are only "sheople"

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
As it was stated way before, it would put us in such a huge disposition for us to make any major attempt in Iran. Look how involved we are today, with our debt, the NEW billion dollar bill we just passed and attacking Iran..

WW3? Come on.. it'll take more than operations undertaken in Iran to ignite the world in flames.

Consider the Middle East a ****** up ghetto in the worst part of town. No one wants to deal with it, but everyone wants to do business there. So unless you had HUGE business elites in China or Russia wanting to make a move and get all they can in Iran economically - causing tension with the Bush administrations and companies here, there's not much to worry about.

Remember folks, today in this day in age, sure you have crazed leaders and "lunatics" like Kim Jo.. whatever his name is in North Korea but remember these men are in positions of power and wealth. The world's run a bit differently today since we're so interdependent with each other, however yes battles and wars could happen.

Don't be so worried.

U.S. attacking Russia/Korea/China - there, then you have big things to worry about. Again.. don't get so bent out of shape. No offense, it looks like repeats of people during the Zetatalk era a couple of years ago.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fakin Bacon

I have stocked up on spices and cooking oil, but we don't have the hardcore survival stuff if need be. I spoke to my husband about this, and he thinks that I'm over reacting - he reminds me of the Y2K fiasco, when I stored about a months worth of food, water and supplies for nothing.

Wow! BH and Fakin Bacon, aren't you ladies over reacting? Christ! Why are ladies made like this?? RELAX. There's gonna be no WWIII.

And if ever it does happen, and a nuke explodes over your head, then its curtains anyway, even if you've stocked all of Manhattan's supermarkets in your backyard!

As we were told during our survival training at the Academy, that "if a nuke explodes over your head, the only action you can take is to bend down, put your head between your knees, and kiss your ass goodbye!"

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Three words for ya;

Speculation

Speculation
and
Speculation

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Wow! BH and Fakin Bacon, aren't you ladies over reacting? Christ! Why are ladies made like this??

If you read my post, you know it was my husband who has been the impetus behind our survival mindset.
He's a man.
So are many other survivalists. This is not a gender-specific thing by any means.

RELAX. There's gonna be no WWIII.

Oh, I'm relaxed.
And I hope your're right and I'm wrong.

And if ever it does happen, and a nuke explodes over your head, then its curtains anyway,

This is very true. But where I live? I have to drive an hour to get to a freeway and 3 hours to be in a major city, so I doubt a nuke will explode over my head. And if it does? I won't care about the money/time/effort lost in making preparations, will I?

A nuke exploding over my head is a zillion to one chance. There are thousands of more likely places in the US for a nuke to explode and many other very survivable eventualities and scenarios that are much more likely to effect me than a nuke (over my head).

I'm relaxed, happy and not at all worried. I'm aware, practical, logical and having a great time.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
hey sierously its the 18th and nothing has happend, no nukes, no bombs sierously think before you act.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
It's not over yet, must be about midday on the west coast USA? 5pm here.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vis Mega
The MSM is telling US citizens to start prepping for Bird Flu by buying food and nessesities. However, this is not the type of prepping one would do in case of an epidemic. You can argue this if you'd like, but since I'm trying to keep this post short I'm not going to get in to why this is very suspicious. In fact, if you went to the GOV site they are also telling you to get things such as matches and batteries which are not the materials one would need in a case of pandemic.

Originally posted by Testrun
I agree with the above post, why would the USA administration ask it's people to stock up on supplies for a pandemic of bird flu, I believe it's a ruse as they know something else is coming their way that could be far more destructive.

I would like to comment on these questions I found this at the CDC website:

Transmission of Influenza A Viruses Between Animals and People

Avian influenza A viruses may be transmitted from animals to humans in two main ways:

1. Directly from birds or from avian virus-contaminated environments to people.
  2. Through an intermediate host, such as a pig.

Influenza A viruses have eight separate gene segments. The segmented genome allows influenza A viruses from different species to mix and create a new influenza A virus if viruses from two different species infect the same person or animal. For example, if a pig were infected with a human influenza A virus and an avian influenza A virus at the same time, the new replicating viruses could mix existing genetic information (reassortment) and produce a new virus that had most of the genes from the human virus, but a hemagglutinin and/or neuraminidase from the avian virus. The resulting new virus might then be able to infect humans and spread from person to person, but it would have surface proteins (hemagglutinin and/or neuraminidase) not previously seen in influenza viruses that infect humans.

Ready or Not, Bird Flu Is Coming to America

Can It Be Stopped?
Even on a model farm, ABC News saw a pond just outside the protected barns attracting wild geese.

It is the droppings of infected waterfowl that carry the virus.

According to the article above, it pretty much explains that this flu can be transmitted by the droppings of these infected birds to other animals then on to you. Therefore, this does not just affect the poultry in a worst-case scenario but a rather larger chunk of the food supply. They are basically telling you here that this could similarly affect Beef and pork as well as your pet dog or cat. The other animals do not even have to come into direct contact with the infected birds, simply their droppings that they scatter all over the countryside including water foul being in water sources used by other animals.

Now if the worse case scenario did occur and you had even a city sized outbreak of this disease, then those that were stuck in the city's safest route would be to basically isolate themselves, and live off of supplies to minimize those you come into contact with for as long as possible. Would you really want to eat food that had been handled by another person in the city at some point, at any level? If folks in the city started becoming ill, how long would it be before many of your basic city services would begin to break down (including power as there would be no one to run the generators nor fuel supply to run them), or supplies would be allowed to come into the area to restock gas stations or food stores? You don’t honestly think that they would let truckers bring in food with the possibility that they might contract the virus and carry it around the country, do you? Even then would you want to risk going to the store or a re-supply point to get those supplies knowing you might bring the virus home to your family with you?

I am not arguing the rest of the post, but I think they are being upfront with us about the reasons for storing supplies. You will always see this brought up with any disaster prep situation, as they are the most important things to have on hand, and the first to fly from the shelves in an emergency. Living in Hurricane land I have witnessed last minute panic supply hording first hand, and once that has started its too late to go get your supplies. Personally, I am surprised they did not bring up storing of water as well, as this is the single most important survival factor in any situation.

If they were truly worried about WWIII starting, they would have told you to make sure you had as much sealed stored water supply as you could hold and filtration/purification gear for when that ran out. Fallout has this tendency to get into water and can only be removed by filtration, virus’s can be removed from water by purification through boiling or bleaching which requires no special gear beyond what you have in your kitchen/laundry room.

So, the fact that they are not bringing up water is pretty telling to me.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
So, the fact that they are not bringing up water is pretty telling to me.

Sorry about this, but the first page of the OP's 2nd link:

Water

"We recommend that each member of your family has a gallon of water for each day, so a family of four needs to have 40 gallons of water available and you need that much water stored because there's a chance that your water will get cut off if there's a pandemic," Washington said. "Workers may not be able to make it, and plants may stop operating. Your family will need to drink water and for hygiene, for brushing their teeth and washing their hands."
abcnews.go.com...

EDIT: Fixed link

[edit on 18-3-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masisoar
As it was stated way before, it would put us in such a huge disposition for us to make any major attempt in Iran. Look how involved we are today, with our debt, the NEW billion dollar bill we just passed and attacking Iran..

WW3? Come on.. it'll take more than operations undertaken in Iran to ignite the world in flames.

Consider the Middle East a ****** up ghetto in the worst part of town. No one wants to deal with it, but everyone wants to do business there. So unless you had HUGE business elites in China or Russia wanting to make a move and get all they can in Iran economically - causing tension with the Bush administrations and companies here, there's not much to worry about.

Remember folks, today in this day in age, sure you have crazed leaders and "lunatics" like Kim Jo.. whatever his name is in North Korea but remember these men are in positions of power and wealth. The world's run a bit differently today since we're so interdependent with each other, however yes battles and wars could happen.

Don't be so worried.

U.S. attacking Russia/Korea/China - there, then you have big things to worry about. Again.. don't get so bent out of shape. No offense, it looks like repeats of people during the Zetatalk era a couple of years ago.

There's a new gang in town,called NWO,who wants to set the town in flames in order to get in charge,to win the maire position.
For this,they had conducted experiences in the ghetoes of the city and let nukes slip through their hands to the poor people living there.Their main reason for buying weapons was that the rich guys made them fight each other...
So now the NWO wants bomb the ghetto,in order to make them bomb another ghetto..and so on.. but first they need to bomb an inexpensive part of downtown and say that gangs in the ghetto made it.

I'm not so worried,you should be.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
It's not over yet, must be about midday on the west coast USA? 5pm here.

What's this about? I don't know anything about the 18th. Can someone point me to a link? Thanks.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caligulas

There's a new gang in town,called NWO,who wants to set the town in flames in order to get in charge,to win the maire position.
For this,they had conducted experiences in the ghetoes of the city and let nukes slip through their hands to the poor people living there.Their main reason for buying weapons was that the rich guys made them fight each other...
So now the NWO wants bomb the ghetto,in order to make them bomb another ghetto..and so on.. but first they need to bomb an inexpensive part of downtown and say that gangs in the ghetto made it.

I'm not so worried,you should be.

Not worried but waiting. And waiting to see how much it works out for them.

[edit on 3/18/2006 by Masisoar]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Well protests around the world are in motion for the 3rd anniversary of Iraq..but no news yet about anything else...this headline is kinda strange however:

Smallpox Drill Held at White House Complex
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

What's this about? I don't know anything about the 18th. Can someone point me to a link? Thanks.

Yeah, I saw some post somewhere saying that some geek or gook or whatever, said that WWIII would commence on the 18th or something as vague and silly!
But as I said earlier, BH, it's nothing but bull!

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Greetings Fellow Believers,

There are two other factors you should be looking into the check the validity of the coming war:

Check to see how many airline reservations have been made in the past 72 hours leaving the Middle East. You might also be able the check the frequency of final flight destinations.

Check to see how many reservations are at hotels in the Middle East. If there are empty hotels--something major is going to happen.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
well whether or not WW3 "officially" starts again or not, I'm going on vacation in April, just finished my plans. So NWO, whomever may be in charge, keep the action out of the USA until the end of April.

seriously though, everyone, no matter where you live should always have some some of emergency supplies stored. I live in South Florida, so I prepare for hurricane season, and really stock up in April and May but year round I have constant supply of the emergency necessities for whatever arises.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I agree. Life must go on. So long as Filene's Basement remains open for business.

Whats the use in worrying... Lets be happy and dont worry about tomorrow...

Wouldnt it be nice to be able to embrace this all with that attitude?

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I wouldn't go as far as to say not to worry. It's healthy to have some worries, but worries should NOT be the basis of your life, sometimes you have to put your worries aside and just live life. Without the constant fear and worry of that Katrina type hurricane hitting me, I wouldn't be as prepared as I am, so worry, be prepared, but find the balance to still live and enjoy life.

whatever is going to happen will happen anyway, and I in my small capacity cannot do anything to change it, so I'll just go with flow and roll with the punches.

[edit on 3-18-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I have a strong suspicion that history will refer to the 9/11 attack as the start of WWIII....at least on a broad scale. Maybe even possibly going back to the first Gulf War, as it basically fits the criteria...and started an ongoing conflict.

I'll agree that the worst is ahead though. The GDP took a sharp hit in the 4th quarter, and nothing brings it back up like a good old-fashioned war....and the Bushies are pretty old-school about this. They've been saber-rattling with Iran for far too long to simply let it go. Not a question of IF, but WHEN it all comes to a head....and it wouldn't surprise me if Bush went in without giving a damn what others think...(which is bad for all of us)....

jra

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Yeah, I saw some post somewhere saying that some geek or gook or whatever, said that WWIII would commence on the 18th or something as vague and silly!
But as I said earlier, BH, it's nothing but bull!

Firstly, 'gook'? You are aware that's a derogatory word for an asian?

Secondly, it was the original poster of this thread that mentioned the thing about the 18th. Speculating that some terror attack to happen.

But I agree that it's BS.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join