It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there a statue of Persephone on top of the White House?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   

You have voted Majic for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

Thanks for clearing that up. So, it is the Statue of Freedom, and NOT Persephone.

-- Boat

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
ATTENTION. I HAD MAD A MISTAKE.

THE STATUE IS NOT ON TOP OF THE WHITE HOUSE, AND IT IS NOT PERSEPHONE

IT IS THE "STATUE OF FREEDOM" AND SITS ON TOP OF THE "CAPITAL BUILDING"

THANKYOU, AND SORRY FOR THE MISTAKE.

[edit on 12-3-2006 by whitelightwolf]

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitelightwolf
why in the world is there a statue of Persephone on top of the white house?

Presumably you mean the US capitol building.

I thought it was originally supposed to be Mary

I'd be more disturbed by there being a statue of mary there than a reference to classical mythology!

or someone...but the goddess of the underworld???

Persephone is not the goddess of the underworld, and the statue is not persephone anyway, its libery.

Anyways, the reason why this relates to Bohemian Grove ritual, is because they were using the song from Fantasia from the short called, "Goddess of Spring"

It might just be that the people over at the BC were using a popular peice of classical music. Indeed, must any group that uses something that can be linked to greco-roman mythology be an illuminati front? When did the illuminati become associated with persephone anyway?

In which it involved the goddess of the underworld kidnapping the princess.

I beleive you are refereing to Hades capturing Persephone, daughter of Ceres, and bringing her into the underworld. Ceres, goddess of the harvests and vegetable bounty, lamented at the loss of her daughter, andthus the primordial world was plunged into the first Winter. She was eventually able to make it so that Persephone was released from Hades for a while each year, to return after an alloted time, "and thats why we have seasons".

Persephone is not, therefore, actually associated with the unpleasant aspects of the underworld, nor is she a representative of the underworld.

So she's not a 'devil goddess', neverminding that she isn't even on the builidng.

The statue relates to the actual building. It was virgin, new, and grand. British (Hades/Pluto) came in and raped the virgin building with fire (hell/hades/etc). When the statue was placed it represented the building being rebuild on its ruins.

Thats fascinating, where'd you read that? It would explain why people call her persephone, rather than any other goddess, like semiramis or demeter herselfand the like. While it looks like the statue is supposed to merely be an allegorical representation of freedom, it would be interesting if the story you tell above is something that the public at the time was passing around. Certainly the british would be looked upon as hellish at the times.

[edit on 12-3-2006 by Nygdan]

[edit on 12-3-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Statue of freedom? Freedom from what?

Who defined this diety in the past?

I'm not buying it at all, since when can you trust freemasons to tell the truth about something?

I do know one thing, there is an upsidedown pentagram aiming at the white house and if you go to any satanists website you see the unpside down star and pentagram. Coincidence? not likely.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo

I'm not buying it at all, since when can you trust freemasons to tell the truth about something?

I do know one thing, there is an upsidedown pentagram aiming at the white house and if you go to any satanists website you see the unpside down star and pentagram. Coincidence? not likely.

Agreed!! And agreed...I completely know what you are saying. Trust no one.... I don't trust the news, the government, the president, it's all lies.....

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo

The british oppressors.

No one, its not really a diety. Its just an allegorical representation of freedom in the neo-classical style that was popular in the past.

I'm not buying it at all,

Ok, so who is it then?

since when can you trust freemasons to tell the truth about something?

What freemasons told you this?

Coincidence? not likely.

Any five points can be made into a 5 pointed star. Also, why don't you look at the history of the usage of the 5-pointed star up to around the time that this 'layout' was made?

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Nygdan's Masonic Ties: EXPOSED!!

Originally posted by Nygdan
Any five points can be made into a 5 pointed star. Also, why don't you look at the history of the usage of the 5-pointed star up to around the time that this 'layout' was made?

Indeed, I'm sure you know all about five-pointed stars and the history of their usage.

Why? Because you're a MASON, that's why!

You can't weasel out of it this time, because now I have UNDENIABLE PROOF!!

Your own words condemn you. Everyone knows it's impossible for masons to avoid incorporating their symbols into everything they do, and sure enough, you're no exception. Mason.

Don't bother trying to deny it. The proof is right here for all to see.

Just another example of how ATS is run by masons.

Case closed, Mr. Mason.

P.S. Don't forget that Mirthful Me is also a mason -- and a moderator. :shk:

P.P.S. I hope the irony of this post is not lost on certain individuals.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
P.S. Don't forget that Mirthful Me is also a mason -- and a moderator. :shk:

That would be: P.S. Don't forget that Mirthful Me is also a Mason -- and a Moderator. :shk:

MM Monkeys, not just for double entendres anymore...

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   

You can't weasel out of it this time, because now I have UNDENIABLE PROOF!!

Curses! Foiled Again!!!! I'll have to perfect my Illuminati Mind Control Techniques before I strike once more, unless the tip of the pyramid decides to feed me to the Shoth-Shuggath-al-sool!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
i think it may be a prediction that the white house may cause lots of damage to the world.... and it has: it authorized (well really housed those that made the deciouson, presuming that they were not the actual government) the AIDS virus' creation; started tons of wars; ordered cover-ups for various UFO and other conspiracies; and caused (not prevented at the least) 9/11.

also on a lighter note: if you highlight some smilies they look kind of odd

--YOURS TRULY--

cooldude76

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by cooldude76
i think it may be a prediction that the white house may cause lots of damage to the world

The statue is not persephone. Also, persephone isn't the one that causes winter, its Demeter/Ceres that causes it, and in that only because she is saddened, thus the earth itself is saddened and wintry.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Well, sorry to burst the denile bubble but that is clearly Persephone. She was renamed by the Vatican at one point and has been refered to Lady Liberty since she was put atop the Capitol Bldg. Funny how the Vatican decided she should be there. Not calling her Persephone is much like deciding that Buddah now will be called Happy Fat Asian Dude!

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Properly, her name is Columbia, is it not? Lady Liberty seems like more of a title than any kind of proper name...

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by YIAWETA
Well, sorry to burst the denile bubble but that is clearly Persephone.

What makes you say that?

She was renamed by the Vatican at one point and has been refered to Lady Liberty since she was put atop the Capitol Bldg.

What are you talking about; why would the Vatican "rename" Persephone? Persephone has nothing to do with the Vatican!

Funny how the Vatican decided she should be there.

The Vatican has nothing to do with it. Where are you getting that idea?

-- Boat

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Properly, her name is Columbia, is it not? Lady Liberty seems like more of a title than any kind of proper name...

Nope.

"Statue of Freedom" is a bronze statue by Thomas Crawford that is located atop the dome of the United States Capitol in Washington, DC.

"Freedom" is a female allegorical figure who holds a sheathed sword in her right hand and a laurel wreath of victory and the shield of the United States with thirteen stripes in her left hand. She wears a helmet adorned with stars and an eagle's head. A brooch inscribed "U.S." secures her fringed robes.
Link...

-- Boat

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I still think the name 'Lady Liberty' is not a name at all, but a description of what the character is personifying, which is silly and redundant. It's like calling a taco a corn-based, U-shaped, meat, cheese, lettuce, and tomato receptacle.

Anyway, I think if you look back to before the colonies rebelled, the image of 'Lady Liberty' was prevalent overseas, and when we had need of our own symbolism, we adapted and changed the images slightly, to have more resonance for people on this side of the big pond.

She wouldn't be Columbia if she appeared in, say, France - I still think that Columbia is the proper name for the uniquely American personification of Freedom/Liberty/Libertas - the one that sits atop the capitol building for one, and of course the lady in NY harbor.

I just pulled a few books off the shelves and did a quick search for Columbia, she's not listed in the Encyclopedia of Gods, only as Libertas (minor Roman goddess, associated with the democratic process and notions of freedom) - so I don't know what the deal is.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by YIAWETA
Well, sorry to burst the denile bubble but that is clearly Persephone.

What are you basing this on? What attributes of the statue are specifically indicative of persephone.

She was renamed by the Vatican at one point

What point was this???

W.O, there is no goddess columbia, BUT columbiforme birds are doves, and doves are associated with female goddesses at times. The Holy Spirit is represented by a dove, and, sometimes, it is suggested that the Holy Spirit is a remnant of "Shekinah" or "Asherah", the consort of YAHWEH.

But the statue seems to be nothing more than a neo-classical statue with a 'motiff' on freedom.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Persephone:
www.prometheus-imports.com...

Statue of Freedom:
akaka.senate.gov...
www.photolib.noaa.gov...

Cleary, its a woman, but beyond that, there is nothing indicating that it is Persephone.

Statue of Liberty
www.eco.freedom.org...
a different statue of liberty
xroads.virginia.edu...

Columbia
www.umich.edu...
www.flyingfists.org...

From columbia university, I'd think its supposed to be columbia, and I think that thats a fasces in her lap
www.morningside-heights.net...

A more detailed discussion on columbia:
www.goddesscolumbia.com...

Loooks like colubmia/liberty/freedom are all interchangeable. They are all allegories. None of them are assoicated with Persephone.

Personally, I prefer Miss Columbia
u.univision.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Legend has it that the statue on top of the capital building was originally to depict the female native american Sacagwea. It wasn't until later that some prominent white women felt that she was to wild to represent the country. It was then changed to Lady liberty, but later returned to a more demure native american Pocahanas.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Legend has it that the statue on top of the capital building was originally to depict the female native american Sacagwea. It wasn't until later that some prominent white women felt that she was to wild to represent the country. It was then changed to Lady liberty, but later returned to a more demure native american Pocahanas.

That's not true, and may have arisen from the fact she is wearing a stylized American-Indian eagle-feather headress. Originally, Freedom was designed wearing a freedom cap, a piece of clothing popular worn by freed slaves. However, the Secretary of War at the time of the casting, Jefferson Davis, objected to this. The designer replaced the freedom cap with a Roman crest stylized as an American-Indian headress.

Besides, no one would describe Freedom, bearing a sword, shield and flamboyently dressed as "demure."

[edit on 20-6-2008 by SaviorComplex]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join