It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there a statue of Persephone on top of the White House?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hamburglar
Maybe, Ms. Nastypants, you want to check your own posts before you post. A queen is not a goddess. Just ask the brits. One might be queen of the underworld and seperately be a goddess of spring (the personification of renewal, even).

Next, becoming queen via Stockholm Syndrome does not mean you take over the functions of your husband. Do you have a husband? If so, do you get to use his job title because you married him? Don't be stupid.

So, again, for all those folks out there who are getting confused by all this "goddess of the underworld" rubbish, Valhall had it right. Just because others are careless with their terminology does not mean we should be so.

That said, Queen of the Dead, Queen of the Underworld, The Maiden, or the personification of the cycle of life—death—rebirth...If I have to choose, I'll choose the cycle. I'd be willing to bet that she is symbolizing the rebirth of a nation out of the death of the colonial system. Not much of a stretch if you ask me.

Hamburglar, first of all, your post sounds to me like a personal attack. What is with spouting all the vitriole? Oh, well, it says more about you than me.
Of course, Persephone was a goddess, you silly twit. Zeus was her father, Demeter her mother, these were both god and goddess. That right there makes her a goddess. Then she married Hades, she was his wife and became the goddess of the underworld. Becoming his wife makes her the goddess of the Underworld. She is immortal.
I've studied Greek mythology for 40 years and I've looked it up just to make sure.
The Encyclopedia Mythica confirms what
I'm saying.
www.pantheon.org...

Lastly, in those days, the word "rape" as mentioned in the story, meant something a little different. It meant to be carried off by someone, alot different than rape.

-Forestlady

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadGreebo
Forest lady I take it you have never been to the stature of Liberty??

Actually, yes, I have, been up the inside all the way up to the crown, too.

Its FROM French Masonsonic lodges TO US Masonic lodges. Paid for by Masons, given to Masons BY Masons.

The statue was given to the U.S. by itself with no pedestal. We initially refused it because we "didn't have a place to put it" without a pedestal. So a big national fundraiser was done in every single elementary school in America. Children contributed their pennies and that is what paid for the bulk of the pedestal. The statue was a gift from a Frenchman.

So.... Its a Masonic statue of Queen Seramias, who is the godess of masonic Freemasonary.

When I googled "Seramias" the search returned absolutely nothing. Nor is she in my Dictionary of Classical Mythology. Can you provide sources?

Look, heres the piccie to prove to you just who sent it to the US and why....

www.cobhammasons.org.uk...

Forest its a Masonic statue that is representing Illuminati ( Illuminated ones) goals and ideals hence the 'Lighting the world' passage.

All it shows is a picture of the pedestal. The cornerstone was apparaently laid by a Mason. They are a charitable group who do such things. But the bulk of the money for the pedestal. was raised by schoolchildren. I think you're stretching things a bit to say that the Statue of Liberty was given to us by Masons.

-Forestlady

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
White,

This is one of the most fascinating interviews I have ever heard regarding satanism in the white house and the government.

Scroll down to Major James Lindsey and listen to his interviews. You will be amazed. The site is the EdgeAM.com. You don't need to sign up. Just click and listen. You will be amazed!

theedgeam.com...

Look around the archives for other Cult/Whitehouse interviews.

Also scroll down and listen to all of Stephen Schroeder's interviews. Amazing stuff!

[edit on 9-3-2006 by MauiStacey]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
"Her names means something like "she who destroys the light.""

www.pantheon.org...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

by what I've read in from a few source, the account given was accurate, weather you like it or not.

she was a very beautiful lady, and well everyone wanted her....hades (or pluto depending on wheather your going by the greek or roman version) decided to take her. only zeus and helios notice her abuction. well, Demeter, her mom, search the world over for her until helios told her what had happen. she then retreated in sorrow. the crops stopped growing and the earth became infertile. zeus finally went to hades and demanded her return. then came the little trick with the pomergrant seeds. Persephone ate the seeds, which really condemned her to permanant residency in hades, but a deal was worked out where she would spand half the time with her mom (thus appeasing her so the world would be fertile at least half the year, and half with hades. in protest, Demeter pulled back her gift of fertility while her daughter was away....

like I said, don't know why it's put there, but considering the occupents of the place in the last few decades it does seem rather fitting.....

it's become the place that destroys the light of democracy!

[edit on 9-3-2006 by dawnstar]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Again, depending on what and how much you read of the mythology your interpretation for reasoning is open-ended. The mythology seems to me an explanation of the winter months and a time when crops and land are at the most infertile point. As I stated before in this thread Persephone had the final say on granting entry into Elysium, and only those who lived a virtuous life would gain entry. The reasoning behind the placement of the statue can either be good or bad depending on how you interpret such things. Kinda like the Starbucks coffee logo…..

BTW Philip Reid a black slave supervised the bronze casting and remainder of the final casting of the statue.

[edit on 9-3-2006 by CogitoErgoSum1]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I like that logic, if I get married to a CEO I automatically become a CEO! ALl the power wealth, everything she has I get to! Wow, I never knew that, so, since Laura is married to George she to is the President, and can veto bills, pass laws, and declare war? I never knew that, bet Hillary wishes she knew this.

Dolts, she was a PRISONER!!!!!!! SO all those slaves in the South, did they support Lee and Jefferson and Jackson? NO! They were slaves! Just because they were forced to be there doesn't mean they support their oppressor.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The Statue of Liberty was given to the United States by a group of French masons to celebrate the United States independance and becoming
' illuminate amongst nations'.

The French built and paid for the Liberty statue through the Masonic lodges of Europe. The group is known collectivley as th 'Illuminati' or......

The Illuminated ones.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
If A Rooster Standing On A Roof Lays An Egg...

Originally posted by whitelightwolf
I am just wondering..and I am also connecting this to Bohemian Grove...along with the Illuminati. but why in the world is there a statue of Persephone on top of the white house?

Who says there's a statue of Persephone on top of the White House?

I am unaware of such a thing.

Can anyone provide some evidence that there is a statue of Persephone on top of the White House?

Seems to me discussing why it's there makes no sense if it doesn't exist.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I'd say the key word here is "mythology". To beleive a myth is to believe a lie. To believe a lie is to be fooled which makes a person a fool

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Persephone was NOT ontop of the Capitol Building before the British burned it. She was placed there AFTER it was burned, during its rebuilding.

The statue relates to the actual building. It was virgin, new, and grand. British (Hades/Pluto) came in and raped the virgin building with fire (hell/hades/etc). When the statue was placed it represented the building being rebuild on its ruins.

Story over.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I found a picture of the statue on the capitol. One thing I didn't know about the streets of washington was the pyramid like on the dollar bill, with the owl being the head of it. In the owl is the capitol building. And on the capitol building is, of course, the statue. Statue in place of the all seeing eye? Hhmmm.....Wonder what that means?

Will take a long time to load for all the pictures if clickin' link.
forums.gamershell.com...

Why does the United States of America have the goddess Libertas on a main government building?
Same goes with the France gift of the Statue of Libertas. This pagan occultic(secrets) stuff in the US needs to be made known to everyone of it's occupants, then see if the secret stuff flys with everyone.
We are not the romans. Ticks me off.

[edit on 3-10-06 by pacman]

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Wrong Girl, Wrong House

Originally posted by pacman
I found a picture of the statue.

As you sort of pointed out, that's a picture of the Statue of Freedom which adorns the dome of the United States Capitol, which is not the White House.

Nor is the statue a portrayal of Persephone. The Statue of Freedom article describes its history in detail and offers a clear picture of it.

There is no indication that Persephone was the inspiration for the statue, nor does the statue bear any symbols related to her.

My point stands that the topic of this thread appears to be based on a false premise.

Am I wrong?

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   
well maybe this is a good clue.

queen of the underworld aye. wouldn't that make her like the queen of hell.

maybe she is representing the anti-christ

you never know how evil a woman is until you skin her.... nasty.

shows your government is supporting badness i think. being the underworld and all.
i dare someone to shoot her head off. from a distance of course.

make that a double dare!

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Earlybird
That's not the Whitehouse...It's the Capitol Building.

I have never seen a statue on top of the White House.
There is all that security and stuff up there.
No room for statues.

The statue is on top of the Capitol Building.

Would the author of this thread like to change the title
to make it accurate?

[edit on 3/10/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey
White,

This is one of the most fascinating interviews I have ever heard regarding satanism in the white house and the government.

Scroll down to Major James Lindsey and listen to his interviews. You will be amazed. The site is the EdgeAM.com. You don't need to sign up. Just click and listen. You will be amazed!

theedgeam.com...

Look around the archives for other Cult/Whitehouse interviews.

Also scroll down and listen to all of Stephen Schroeder's interviews. Amazing stuff!

[edit on 9-3-2006 by MauiStacey]

Wow! Thank you so much. This is great stuff to listen to. I really appreciate this indeed.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Here's a little something I found in the Encyclopedia Mythica. I hope it helps.

messagenet.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Wrong Girl, Wrong House

Originally posted by pacman
I found a picture of the statue.

As you sort of pointed out, that's a picture of the Statue of Freedom which adorns the dome of the United States Capitol, which is not the White House.

Nor is the statue a portrayal of Persephone. The Statue of Freedom article describes its history in detail and offers a clear picture of it.

There is no indication that Persephone was the inspiration for the statue, nor does the statue bear any symbols related to her.

My point stands that the topic of this thread appears to be based on a false premise.

Am I wrong?

Majic thankyou so much for that information. I guess I was wrong. I have heard about it, and seen it from others...sorry mate. I didn't mean to post a false question. But really, much thanks for the info. It does make sense that the statue of freedom is o there. Alright, one case solved. Debunked!

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
What Would Persephone Do?

Originally posted by whitelightwolf
Majic thankyou so much for that information. I guess I was wrong. I have heard about it, and seen it from others...sorry mate. I didn't mean to post a false question.

Hey, no harm in asking.

Well, sort of...

You just know that some folks will see the title of this thread in Today's Posts, not read it and say "Wow, there's a statue of Persephone on top of the White House! Yet more proof that the U.S. is run by a bunch of devil worshipers."

Of course, it's not your fault if people jump to conclusions, but I'll wager a lot of what passes for conspiracy gospel -- including stuff I assume to be true -- got its start this way.

But don't ever let that discourage you from posting or asking questions.

Question everything.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
My opinion is that the Americans who designed the buildings realized their country had little recognizable history and wanted to make themselves recognizable as something other than a bunch of upstart hicks. Using themes from classical Greek mythology anchored their prominent buildings in recognized education and history and lent a legitimacy to the newer buildings and government forms practiced in the country.

Short version: They wanted to look educated.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Or perhaps we have symbols of ancient Greek democracy around us because we believe in those democratic ideals?

-Forestlady

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join