It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 290
<< 287  288  289    291  292  293 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Yup, this post from the O.P. pretty much sums up the evidence available for this fairy tale:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
refresher on what i think KA.DINGIR.RA actually means

now we know that "ilu" is from "il" which is from "lil" which is from "enlil".
enlil's name has several interpretations and therefore, several cuneiform glyphs, but the one most seem to ignore is the one for ilu that is for dingir (digir), god, goddess, diety.

this one, as provided by the penn state sumerian dictionary. (this is DINGIR or DIGIR (dngr, dgr)

psd.museum.upenn.edu...

E.DIN was E.DEN. "E" meant house or temple. So E.DIN or E.DEN is the house/temple of ILU/god/goddess/deity

psd.museum.upenn.edu...

what does that^ really look like? a star right?

hold on to your hats.

since it's in the word "babilu"

is it possible the word babilu actually means "star gate" or "gate of heaven?"

"It's not 'Door to Heaven', it's... 'Stargate'."
Dr. Daniel Jackson from the film, STARGATE, doing a Conveniently Precise Translation of Egyptian hieroglyphs

enlil had become associated with heaven. his name means lord of wind, lord of air, lord of heaven, and several other lord titles. (en means lord in sumerian-akkadian)

so the name for heaven/god/goddess/deity (ilu, dingir, digir) was dissected from his title, lord, and applied to the gate (abzu, bab). heaven and star were synonmously translated, and you have stargate. the abzu. the abyss. the bottomless pit.

either that, or i'm totally wrong and i have to start my translations all over again

maybe someone mistranslated digir as deity/god/goddess, or didn't notice it had been melded with heaven/star by the time of the rebuilding of the "tower of babilu". i'm guessing since enlil was a entity before babilu was rebuilt that the word means all of the above -- deity/god (in his case)/heaven/star.

what we need to do now is see whether it's refering to the sun or not. once we do that, we can determine if it's just a reference to it being an astronomical tower or if it's really a device for interplanetary travel.

and the answer is, apparently it was not built for astronomy purposes, specifically, it doesn't appear to be a tower for babylonian astrology/astronomy.

the symbol for sun is the first symbol (on the left) in this image

psd.museum.upenn.edu...

not this

psd.museum.upenn.edu...

so the "tower of babilu" was not for worshipping utu or shamash nor for charting the course of the sun.

this, however, doesn't account for An (later called Anu), the god of the heavens, who has the same symbol as Enlil's "ilu", the digir/dingir symbol above. how very curious.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REPOST of the etymology of "chaos" (confusion is one way it was translated in biblical text)

OLDEST REFERENCE IS SUMERIAN: ka-dingir, translated to be something like a mixed up medley of songs. a cacophony, a chaos of noise.

SECOND OLDEST IS AKKADIAN: babilu, translated to be gate of god.

THIRD OLDEST IS BABYLONIAN: tiamat, translated to be primordial chaos, the sea, the abyss (which takes us to chaos)

FOURTH OLDEST IS GRECIAN: chaos, translated to be abyss (among other things)

so the theory goes that the word babel means chaotic water (whirlpool?) gate of the gods which goes to the stars/heavens (italicized part is a new definition i've added to further the etymology of the various words used to describe it in the ancient texts)

p.s. posted it yet again, to get page over, to see what thunderheart had to say. ah well, so much for scholarship. *tosses language, history, archaeology, artifacts, science, etc etc, out the window* there now, is that better thunderheart?
edit on 25-6-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
the tower of babel, more specifically known as the ETEMENANKI, the house of the foundation of heaven on earth
www.livius.org...

these are real archaeological sites. not fairy tales.

edit on 25-6-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Don't know if this has any relevance to the whole ancient stargate theory but am posting it here just in case those of you more knowledgable in the subject can deconstrutct the information for the rest of us.

Ancient Egyptian Treasure Gate Unearthed

EGYPTIAN and French archaeologists have unearthed a 2700-year-old stone gate belonging to Nubian King Shabaka while digging near Luxor's Karnak temple, the ministry of antiquities said.

The gate, which was found to be "in good condition", once led to the room holding the king's treasures, the ministry said.

"It is the first time an item of the 25th dynasty has been found in such good condition, and wasn't ruined by the 26th dynasty," Mansur Boraik, the Egyptian head of the Franco-Egyptian Research Centre of the Temples of Karnak, said.

The large stone door features colourful engravings that depict King Shabaka offering the goddess of truth, Maat, to the god Amun Raa, the chief deity.

Could this by any chance be a stone stargate?

Could the engravings surrounding the gate be like the ones found on a stargate like in the movie/tv show?

Cannot find any pics of this gate at the moment.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia

Cannot find any pics of this gate at the moment.

thanks for posting this. i doubt it's related, primarily because of the time stamp on it and the fact it's actually on the news lol

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

So Zowie Hawass finds an intact door to treasure and we cannot see the door or the treasure? Good thing he was arrested
Maybe we will finally get to see it now

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

So Zowie Hawass finds an intact door to treasure and we cannot see the door or the treasure? Good thing he was arrested
Maybe we will finally get to see it now

don't hold your breath. lol
how're you, btw? you have got to read this thread i've been following which is like the most ingeniously twisted anti-christian take on the gates concept i've read to date: be warned: this individual actually thinks the da vinci code was legit scholarship and that only white women of a certain bloodline, are saved during the apocalypse and their fate is to be forever hooked up in a pouch, like some intravenous feed, to a reptilian dragon race. disturbing

edit on 6-7-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The title of this thread is misleading and should be changed to "Stargates might be real"

Theory and interpretations of ancient mythology is circumstantial evidence at best and is not proof of anything and since there is no tangible or direct evidence of ufo's or aliens displayed in this thread it should be moved to another forum.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
since there is no tangible or direct evidence of ufo's or aliens displayed in this thread it should be moved to another forum.

it's got about as much evidence as any of the other threads in aliens and ufos. in fact, the premise is, that the phrase "fallen angel" is just another way to say, "extra-terrestrials in spacecraft, descending thru the atmosphere"

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Dutch_Rick

Iraq...stargate...lets go back to about 3months before the 1st war started(persian gulf war...I think thats what we called it) I was watching CNN and they were talking about how archeologist had discovered what could be the biblical tower of Babel...I was really excited about this and waited to hear more on the subject...then all a sudden the story seemed to get completely squashed and we were deploying troops to Iraq...the only other thing and the last thing I heard about it was that saadam hussain sent all the archeoligist away...I just this past year have been exploring this on my own,,,,seems we have our troops on and around that very site to this day,,,its like we took that site over,,,and thats where I am stuck...this stargate theory just fits,,,,

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

it's got about as much evidence as any of the other threads in aliens and ufos

No it doesn't your wrong about that.

I have read this entire thread and since joining ATS in 2007 I have been watching all the new posts and I can honestly say, what you believe is evidence is not and there is nothing substantial posted that justifies the title you used for this topic.

proclamations such as "stargates are real" ....

with no direct evidence or proof to support that claim is embracing ignorance.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I have read this entire thread and since joining ATS in 2007 I have been watching all the new posts and I can honestly say, what you believe is evidence is not and there is nothing substantial posted that justifies the title you used for this topic.

proclamations such as "stargates are real" ....

with no direct evidence or proof to support that claim is embracing ignorance.

it's my theory that they are real. theories are supported by evidence that not everyone agrees on, which is occasionally the case in this thread.
edit on 6-7-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

it's my theory

Yep that's all it is .... and is why the title of the thread is misleading.

This thread should be moved to the skunks works or grey area forum where it belongs.

edit on 6-7-2011 by easynow because: typo

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

it's got about as much evidence as any of the other threads in aliens and ufos

No it doesn't your wrong about that.

Actually she is right... there is nothing in any UFO or Alien thread that isn't highly speculative or subject to interpretation of the evidence. If there was anything solid resembling proof of any of it, we would be on the evening news.

Now stop trolling and trying to stir up trouble again. I gues 'THEY' got to you huh?

edit on 6-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

it's my theory

Yep that's all it is .... and is why the title of the thread is misleading.

This thread should be moved to the skunks works or grey area forum where it belongs.

edit on 6-7-2011 by easynow because: typo

would be lying if i said i didn't think there was evidence they are real. so what would you prefer, that i lie or tell the truth as i see it, based on my research?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

do you think that a stargate can be used for more than just space travel??? Do you think it possible that they can use this gate for time travel, and or travel into another person in order to get information from persons who could supply it...I have had a very strange thing happen to me...Its sort of hard to explain but It happened when I met a marine who had just returned from Iraq, as a matter of fact he had just returned that very day that we met...we started liveing together practically from that first night...I'm from fallbrook, ca. and the usmc base camp pedleton has its back gate adjacent to fallbrook, so needless to say the town has its share of feds and military...this strange thing that happened to me is what I call the reversal...my heart is beating so fast right now...I'll try to finish this after I take a breather and calm down...axiety...scared...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

No "she" is wrong and so are you as well

As requested by the mods I have reported your erroneous ad hominem attack

reply to post by undo

would be lying if i said i didn't think there was evidence they are real. so what would you prefer, that i lie or tell the truth as i see it, based on my research?

You have every right to believe what you want but most will agree there's no evidence that supports the claim made in the thread title. That's all I'm saying

edit on 7-7-2011 by easynow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
oh i dunno, seems like there's alot of evidence in this thread, some of it textual, some of it scientific, some archaeological. the sum of all its parts, makes it pretty dang solid.
edit on 7-7-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

oh i dunno, seems like there's alot of evidence in this thread, some of it textual, some of it scientific, some archaeological. the sum of all its parts, makes it pretty dang solid.

You have no way of knowing if the Ancient mythology you believe is evidence is accurate. You weren't there and have no way to check it or verify any of it. I could be wrong but it seems your taking it all on face value and won't consider alternative explanations?. These ancient people worshiped animals and planets because they didn't know better and your wanting to use their interpretations of uncheckable events as evidence ? lol

solid ? nope not even close

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

it was a process of discovery. it started off with this thing called "the bottomless pit," in revelation 9. it sounded so strange. and since i had found other texts in the bible traced back to ancient sumer, i checked to see if the bottomless pit did as well. i also noted that beings were coming out of the bottomless pit, and that the original word for it was abyss, not bottomlesss pit. i thought, well if this is a literal event and these are literal beings coming out of a hole in the earth/water, i need to find out if it has an equivalent in ancient sumer as well and if the data could shine any more light on the subject. sure enough, there was. and not only an equivalent in ancient sumer but also in ancient egypt, ancient akkad and ancient babylon. that's when it really started to get interesting, particulary since the ancient egyptians claimed you had to use gates to get to heaven and because the translation of babel is gate of the gods or gate of the stars (interchangeable).

it just kept building on itself. i started finding artifacts that depicted pharaohs standing in gates, surrounded by serpents and sumerian gods standing in gates surrounded by squiggly linies representing, presumably waters of the abyss (the sumerian abzu). this went on and on till i thought, well are these things even scientifically possible. to my shock and dismay, i found out they were and not just possible, but scientists were developing the tech for space flight as well (as in developing a way to warp space-time so travel from point a to point b is shortened by a great deal). i say shock and dismay because the things that are said to come out of the one in revelation 9, are not people friendly.

later i found it also, in the enuma elish and not just as a gate with the gods poised in them, but nearly the same kind of beings as in revelation 9 were coming out of it. at that point i started to develop a theory that the gate and the associated wormhole had been deified because the beings that came out of it were considered deities. tiamat, the dragon of creation, was simply a wormhole that had been deified because of what came out of it. imagine my surprise when a science channel program indicated the galaxies were created by super massive wormholes. it was an order of magnitude revelation, god as the wormhole creating the galaxy, god as the wormhole creating more gods (giving birth).

after that, one thing right after the other was falling into place.
the primeval mountain rising from the primeval chaotic abyss (the egyptian nun).
same as enki's e.abzu (also called the e.nun) rising from the abyss (the abzu), although perhaps an order of magnitude in difference, essentially the same mechanism involved, etc etc (it even shows up in norse writings)
edit on 7-7-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 287  288  289    291  292  293 >>

join