It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 289
<< 286  287  288    290  291  292 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I admit I did not read past the first page of this thread, so if there is anything even resembling proof of the OP's claim in the thread, please send me a link to it and I will be more than happy to reassess my thoughts.

I am new and this thread was ranked among the ALL TIME TOP TOPICS. I was expecting more than charlatanry.

This thread starts out with a very specific (and imo outrageous) claim and no evidence whatsoever to back it up. It continues in a James Woodsian "oooh piece of candy" fashion to the tune of +250 pages. How is this even possible?

How many of these snake-oil salesmen are there on this site? Am I wasting my time here?
edit on 21-6-2011 by HabeasCorpus because: mistyped #

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
How can you possibly claim the OP is a charlatan when you admit you haven't read past the first page?
You can't expect someone to go through 250 pages and list the OP's evidence just for you.

How many people click on a thread title only to ask someone else to read it and summarize it for those who are too lazy to read it? If it doesn't hold your interest, maybe this thread isn't for you.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by HabeasCorpus
reply to post by undo

I admit I did not read past the first page of this thread, so if there is anything even resembling proof of the OP's claim in the thread, please send me a link to it and I will be more than happy to reassess my thoughts.

I am new and this thread was ranked among the ALL TIME TOP TOPICS. I was expecting more than charlatanry.

This thread starts out with a very specific (and imo outrageous) claim and no evidence whatsoever to back it up. It continues in a James Woodsian "oooh piece of candy" fashion to the tune of +250 pages. How is this even possible?

How many of these snake-oil salesmen are there on this site? Am I wasting my time here?
edit on 21-6-2011 by HabeasCorpus because: mistyped #

i admit the topic is controversial, and a bit out in left field, but there is a substantial body of evidence of various kinds, that you might find interesting. however, reading the thread is about the only way to fully understand and appreciate the massive amounts of data involved. it is theoretical, speculative, AND propped up by all manner of ancient evidence, both textual and archaeological, further advanced by modern science, similarities between popular science fiction and science fact, and smatterings of various other alternative interpretations.

it also includes arguments against it, some going on for several pages, as well as anthropology, geology, palentology, masonry (working with stone), government papers, and several images, videos and news paper articles, many of which were not offered by me but by others. this thread is over 200 pages due to the fact the subject matter covers 6000 years of human history and because other people are encouraged to either add their 2 cents or discuss their disagreement with the material. most who wish to critique it honestly, however, actually read it first.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

reply to post by undo

I admit I did not read past the first page of this thread

Guys, I admit I didn't read past this first sentence of this member's post.

If he gets around to being as awesome as OP, someone please make a youtube video summarizing his post and email it to me.

Thanks guys. You guys are great.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
A SHEEP gave birth to a dead lamb with a human-like face. The lamb was born in a village not far from the city of Izmir, Turkey.

for more info -> mysteries-news-online.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

reply to post by undo

I admit I did not read past the first page of this thread

Guys, I admit I didn't read past this first sentence of this member's post.

If he gets around to being as awesome as OP, someone please make a youtube video summarizing his post and email it to me.

Thanks guys. You guys are great.

A little off-topic, but I have to say, this may be one of my favorite posts EVER. Awesome.

edit on 6/23/2011 by angeldoll because: Undo IS awesome. I don't care what they say.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Interesting paper from CSIRO which is the bulk of this post

>>> also of interest is that CSIRO have developed light resonating circuits

www.solve.csiro.au...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Somamech

that's fascinating, from what i understood of it, anyway. is he saying the universe is composed of crystal structures? even dark matter is crystal in structure?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarblazerUK
Very good Zorgon, great read, unfortunately as per the DTIC document, it's all just recommendations to look into it further, not actually saying anything about it having being done and shown to be working.

I haven't had chance to read through all the links but I will have a nose on my day off, but reading through the AFRL-PR-ED-TR-2003-0034 document, as said, just points to the possibility of it working, but no real solid proof that it is within our capabilities. It's just more conjecture and hypothesis, psuedo-science.

Showing documents that state that it's been looked into isn't solid proof and the old cop out that researching top secret info could lead to gitmo is basically a way of back tracking saying there is proof but you'll get locked up if you try find it.....scare tactics almost.

Seeing you are calling all science bunk !

The term *Recent Results* showed up here.

1. Introduction

Recent results

SOURCE:

www.publish.csiro.au...
edit on 24-6-2011 by Somamech because: Timelords at it agian

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
United States Patent Application: Full body teleportation system
philosophers-stone.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I agree

A very smart idea for moving to one location to another in a short amount of time.. having one on a ship to visit planets quickly..

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

at this rate you'll have as many or more stars than this thread, just for the mere fact people can empathize with what you're saying.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

where is the gate, I demand to be set free LOL

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatiDpress

although i know you are joking, i will entertain your question just cause it hasn't been asked in the past two pages.

the theory is that the BIG ABZU gate on earth, is currently under the newer stretch of euphrates river that was created due to silt deposition out into the gulf. in the time of sumer it would've been on the gulf floor, but since ancient sumer, the euphrates has created an additional 65-69 miles (depending on which source you read) of shoreline and river system, out into the gulf, covering over the site of the BIG abzu/abyss/bottomless pit/theoretcial gate system. this is supported by revelation 9's reference to the 4 angels bound in the euphrates (angels were only bound in the bottomless pit, so this means the bottomless pit is IN the euphrates (in john's vision of the future)).

that covers the vehicle sized gate of the revelation 9 chapter (although i think there may have been 6 others on the floors of various oceans.

as far as personal sized gates, so far, i've only identified 2 for sure: the gate at nibru (nippur), called the dur.anki abzu, and the gate at eridu (babel), called the gate of the gods, or more specifically, the chaotic water gate of the gods. (it has alot of names, such as KA.DINGIR.RA, gate of ilu, etc).

i theorized that the dur.anki gate was carted off to abydos egypt by nimrod (also known as enmerkar, narmer, and osiris), where he built the subterranean chamber known today as the osirieon, and placed the gate in it. (on a side note i think he also built a pyramid over top of it and this is what is torn apart in the egyptian story of the dismemberment of osiris) much later, seti I, while excavating for his own memorial in abydos, discovered the osirieon and the gate, but the knowledge of the gate's true operation was lost and he and his wise men could only guess at what it meant. as a result, he had the book of gates penned and carved into his alabaster sarcophagus, and carved on the walls of his tomb in the valley of the kings.

as far as the eridu/babel gate, i have no clue, although it sounds as if it was buried under rubble when the babel tower (ziggurat) was destroyed.

edit on 25-6-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
refresher on what i think KA.DINGIR.RA actually means

now we know that "ilu" is from "il" which is from "lil" which is from "enlil".
enlil's name has several interpretations and therefore, several cuneiform glyphs, but the one most seem to ignore is the one for ilu that is for dingir (digir), god, goddess, diety.

this one, as provided by the penn state sumerian dictionary. (this is DINGIR or DIGIR (dngr, dgr)

psd.museum.upenn.edu...

E.DIN was E.DEN. "E" meant house or temple. So E.DIN or E.DEN is the house/temple of ILU/god/goddess/deity

psd.museum.upenn.edu...

what does that^ really look like? a star right?

hold on to your hats.

since it's in the word "babilu"

is it possible the word babilu actually means "star gate" or "gate of heaven?"

"It's not 'Door to Heaven', it's... 'Stargate'."
Dr. Daniel Jackson from the film, STARGATE, doing a Conveniently Precise Translation of Egyptian hieroglyphs

enlil had become associated with heaven. his name means lord of wind, lord of air, lord of heaven, and several other lord titles. (en means lord in sumerian-akkadian)

so the name for heaven/god/goddess/deity (ilu, dingir, digir) was dissected from his title, lord, and applied to the gate (abzu, bab). heaven and star were synonmously translated, and you have stargate. the abzu. the abyss. the bottomless pit.

either that, or i'm totally wrong and i have to start my translations all over again

maybe someone mistranslated digir as deity/god/goddess, or didn't notice it had been melded with heaven/star by the time of the rebuilding of the "tower of babilu". i'm guessing since enlil was a entity before babilu was rebuilt that the word means all of the above -- deity/god (in his case)/heaven/star.

what we need to do now is see whether it's refering to the sun or not. once we do that, we can determine if it's just a reference to it being an astronomical tower or if it's really a device for interplanetary travel.

and the answer is, apparently it was not built for astronomy purposes, specifically, it doesn't appear to be a tower for babylonian astrology/astronomy.

the symbol for sun is the first symbol (on the left) in this image

psd.museum.upenn.edu...

not this

psd.museum.upenn.edu...

so the "tower of babilu" was not for worshipping utu or shamash nor for charting the course of the sun.

this, however, doesn't account for An (later called Anu), the god of the heavens, who has the same symbol as Enlil's "ilu", the digir/dingir symbol above. how very curious.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
REPOST of the etymology of "chaos" (confusion is one way it was translated in biblical text)

OLDEST REFERENCE IS SUMERIAN: ka-dingir, translated to be something like a mixed up medley of songs. a cacophony, a chaos of noise.

SECOND OLDEST IS AKKADIAN: babilu, translated to be gate of god.

THIRD OLDEST IS BABYLONIAN: tiamat, translated to be primordial chaos, the sea, the abyss (which takes us to chaos)

FOURTH OLDEST IS GRECIAN: chaos, translated to be abyss (among other things)

so the theory goes that the word babel means chaotic water (whirlpool?) gate of the gods which goes to the stars/heavens (italicized part is a new definition i've added to further the etymology of the various words used to describe it in the ancient texts)

top topics

<< 286  287  288    290  291  292 >>

join