It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN confirms Iran prepares for nuclear enrichment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The IAEA has confirmed that Iran has begun to prepare to enrich uranium and has blocked attempts by the UN to speak to a nuclear scientist.

VIENNA (Reuters) - The U.N. nuclear watchdog confirmed on Tuesday that Iran had begun preparing for nuclear enrichment, which can make fuel for bombs, and continued to hinder a probe of unanswered questions about Iran's atomic aims.

Iran also prevented U.N. inspectors from questioning a key scientist linked to the procurement of equipment that could have been used to make weapons and did not let the IAEA copy documents related to the production of nuclear weapons, the report said.

www.alertnet.org...

[edit on 31-1-2006 by rangeroftheeast]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
News is moving fast! This could be a very serious chain of events.

www.cnn.com...

CNN) -- Iran has reacted with anger to a move by the world's top five powers to report it to the U.N. Security Council, saying the action would close diplomatic avenues to a solution of its nuclear standoff with the West

[edit on 31-1-2006 by Dronetek]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Yeah but nearly half as fast as some wish to make out, hmmm?

Note that the news report actually refers to them making a decision to refer to the UN SC, not an actual referral.

Foreign ministers from Britain, France, Germany and America are seeking a strategy ahead of Thursday's International Atomic Energy Agency meeting in Vienna, where a decision will be made on referral to the UN Security council.

- .......and then right on cue we get this. How convenient.

But Channel 4 News has learned that the IAEA is hoping to stall the decision so it can get the Iranians to explain computer files from a laptop it received from American intelligence - which the US claims are evidence Iran was researching a nuclear bomb.

www.channel4.com...
Check out the report this links to.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
UN confirms that a document given to the IAEA last week by Iran themselves is directly linked to atomic weapon production, and nothing else. :

(AP)A document obtained by Iran on the nuclear black market serves no other purpose than to make an atomic bomb, the International Atomic Energy Agency said Tuesday.

www.heraldtribune.com.../20060131/API/601310642

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   

.......and then right on cue we get this. How convenient.

Your article is a day old.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

IAEA: Iran obtained nuclear arms documents
Permanent members agree Security Council should act; sanctions possible
VIENNA, Austria - A document obtained by Iran on the nuclear black market serves no other purpose than to make an atomic bomb, the International Atomic Energy Agency said Tuesday.

Yeah but nearly half as fast as some wish to make out, hmmm?

I dont even know what this means exactly. Are you implying I want bad things to happen or that I want to go to war with Iran? I hope not because I dont.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Would that nuclear weapon document be the one the CIA gave them?

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

No, it was given to the UN by Iran themselves last week as I said in my post.

Still, in what appeared to be an attempt to show it was cooperating with the West, Iran handed over documents last week to the U.N. nuclear watchdog agency on casting uranium into the shape of a warhead, diplomats in Vienna, Austria, said.

AP source

Jumping to an instant cynical responce doesn't always work.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

Did you read the articles we posted?

There are quite a lot of people on these forums who respond to articles without reading them.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Well I guess if MSNBC says it, it must be true

Iran wants nuclear enrichment....they must be building a nuke....even though according to CIA reports, they wouldnt be able to do so for at least 10 years.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Oh they will be able to attack us in 10 years, maybe, lets attack them first!

How transparent is that? How see through is that? It is so obvious this administration wants war with Iran.

There is no substantial proof thatsays that Iran wants nuclear weapons anyways, in fact quite the oppostie. Iran has insisted that it wants nuclear energy only. Not weapons.

But, then again, the US and Israel must have at least 1000 nuclear weapons between the two of them. You really think Hamas and Iran are a threat?When China has already threatened to nuke us?

www.frontpagemag.com...

C hinese General threatens US with nuke

Yea Iran is a threat

[edit on 31-1-2006 by LetKnowledgeDrop]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
Note that the news report actually refers to them making a decision to refer to the UN SC, not an actual referral.

That is because the vote on the refferal would happen at an IAEA metting on Thursday, not at a dinner at Jack Staws residence. What else did you expect?

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LetKnowledgeDrop

news.bbc.co.uk...

UN confirms Iran enrichment move
Iran has started preparations to resume uranium enrichment, says a report by the UN nuclear watchdog.

english.aljazeera.net...

Iran handed over documents last week on casting uranium into the shape of a warhead to the UN nuclear agency, diplomats in Vienna revealed.

At a London meeting that lasted into the early hours of Tuesday, envoys of Britain, China, France, Russia and the United States decided they would recommend that at its Thursday meeting the International Atomic Energy Agency should report Iran to the UN Security Council.

Yahoo tinyurl link:
/dmxk4

gency: Iran Papers Are for an Atomic Bomb

Good enough for ya? In fact I doubt you could find a news site that isnt running this story.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Perhaps you would like the exact wording of the statement from permanent five on the Iran nuclear issue?

-- agreed that this week's Extraordinary IAEA Board meeting should report to the Security Council its decision on the steps required from Iran, and should also report to the Security Council all IAEA reports and resolutions, as adopted, relating to this issue;

Text available at numerous sources, including China's Xinhua News Agency

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Re-read my previous comment, I added to it.

Iran may want nukes, may, but even if they did, they wouldnt be able to build one for at least 10 years, according to BBC and the CIA.

news.bbc.co.uk...

China is more of a threat to us right now then Iran.

www.frontpagemag.com...

Yea lets invade helpless Iran! Who wont have nukes for 10 years.

Well I gotta say is, you better be the first one to go sign up at yourlocal recruiting station. If you think war is so neccesary....go fight it.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   

There is no substantial proof thatsays that Iran wants nuclear weapons anyways, in fact quite the oppostie. Iran has insisted that it wants nuclear energy only. Not weapons.

Then how do you explain what was already been posted above? You must have missed it, so I shall show you again.

VIENNA, Austria The International Atomic Energy Agency says Iran bought a document on the black market that can only be used to make an atomic bomb.

Now, we'll take this nice and slowly. Iran, at the IAEA's request, hands over this document themselves. This hasnt come from the CIA or any other agency. Iran gave this document to the UN themselves. And now, the IAEA is saying that it "can only be used to make an atomic bomb." There is no peaceful or energy related purpose to the document.

Explain.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   

How see through is that? It is so obvious this administration wants war with Iran.

Why do you keep putting this on the US? Every single one of those articles says it is the world who is concerned here. In fact its the EU who is leading this charge.

Then how do you explain what was already been posted above? You must have missed it, so I shall show you again.

He is ignoring it because it dosnt jive with his anti-us colored glasses. Once all doubt has been removed he will finally admit that not only does he not care that Iran has nukes, but he wants Iran to have nukes.

If you think war is so neccesary

Who said anything about war? I'm starting to think you guys are arguing with voices in your head because as far as I know, there isnt ANYONE saying we should go to war. Maybe you could post some quotes or something to back up your constant assertion that we are all war mongers just trying to kill more brown people.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
So what your saying is, that Iran gave its nuclear weapons plans to the IAEA? Uh, why the hell would they go and do that, and then still deny they want weapons? Makes no sense at all.

And if the IAEA has these documents, why arent they releasing them to the public?

Its just like Bush's ''weapons of mass destruction'' report. He said he had the proof, like the IAEA does now, yet he didnt release it to us....like the IAEA isnt doing.

Blair said he had a ''weapons of mass destruction dossier'' that proves Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. When asked to see this dossier, he said ''no, for national security reasons.'' Makes NO sense.

What happened? We went in to Iraq...no WMDs found. Not one.

Now they say we have this document! We have the proof! Lets invade! Can we see this document? Oh no noooo! National Security reasons!

Lies, lies, lies, lies, lies, lies.... im sorry, all my other lies are classified

If this document really exists, why not show it to us? Not just tell us about it.

That makes no sense. What makes more sense is that the IAEA and the UN lied about it. Just like they lie about everything.

And you're right, Drone, it isnt just America. Europe is controlled by the Globalists too.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   

And if the IAEA has these documents, why arent they releasing them to the public?

Yet again, your refusal to read the article has backfired on you.

EXTERNAL SOURCE: MSNBC Article
The finding was made in a report prepared for presentation to the 35-nation IAEA board when it meets, starting Thursday, on whether to refer Iran to the U.N. Security Council, which has the power to impose economic and political sanctions on Iran.The report was made available in full to The Associated Press.

It's like you latch on to whatever you can think of and than you run with it. Typing every little dot that you connect in your head from the faulty premise you started with.

In fact, it is Iran that is witholding the originals:

The report said the document was under agency seal, meaning that IAEA experts were able in theory to re-examine it, but “Iran has declined a request to provide the agency with a copy.”

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Ok then, where is it? Why doesnt the Associated Press have it? Its no where on its website. And they havent shown it in their Newspaper.....

Wouldnt they give it to other news organizations for reporting? I havent heard anything about that on CNN, BBC, C-SPAN, nothing.....

Oohh! But the IAEA says it did!

Lies, lies, lies, lies, lies, lies, lies, lies, lies, lies, lies, .....

Some people are so naive

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It's an AP story.....

ap.washingtontimes.com...

ugh, I give up.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Again, I see no documents. Why not show it to us?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join