It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN confirms Iran prepares for nuclear enrichment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Uh...

Like Knowledge said, the CIA itself says that they won't have a SINGLE bomb for ten years.

Funny how there were no responses to that.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I find it funny that the people bragging how smart they are think its WRONG to hit a country BEFORE they get these terrible weapons.

OOO wow, Iran wont have a nuclear weapons until X year... lets wait until they have the ABILITY to hit us, to hit them... lets not think about the issue of them retaliating with the bomb they created.. no that wouldnt be good

Its like saying we shouldnt of hit alqaeda UNTIL they hit us on sept11

If you know for certain what is coming, and the terrible pain it can inflict are you that ignorant as to WAIT for it happen
This mad man thinks when he dies he will finally start living with allah.
He WANTS death, he wants the DEATH of israel and America.
So why, in any reasonable thought would we WAIT for him to aquire teh ability of nuclear weapons?

HELLO? HELLO MCFLY?

What do you think will happen?

He'll lob his missle's at israel and any other western base... then sit in his chair smoking his cigar waiting for that ' made in america ' branded missle to come screaming through his window.

Iraq was wrong, but Iran is definately a threat to world peace.

[edit on 31-1-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Like Knowledge said, the CIA itself says that they won't have a SINGLE bomb for ten years.

Perhaps the link is somewhere in here, but would you mind showing me where, and more importantly when the CIA said this?

I ask because I have a credible source which states otherwise.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I find it funny that the people bragging how smart they are think its WRONG to hit a country BEFORE they get these terrible weapons.

- I think most people think attacking other countries for no good reason is wrong.

OOO wow, Iran wont have a nuclear weapons until X year... lets wait until they have the ABILITY to hit us, to hit them... lets not think about the issue of them retaliating with the bomb they created.. no that wouldnt be good

- Er, having the slightest shred of proof that they are making a bomb would be a good start.

Its like saying we shouldnt of hit alqaeda UNTIL they hit us on sept11

- No it isn't.

If you know for certain what is coming, and the terrible pain it can inflict are you that ignorant as to WAIT for it happen

- That is exactly the point.
You have no evidence or knowledge Iran is planning any such thing.
You are just guessing and going with your personal prejudices.

On this basis any country not sufficiently pro-American with a half decent engineering, physics and chemistry science base is a threat.
That is crazy.

This mad man thinks when he dies he will finally start living with allah.

- So, pretty much like every Christian thinks doing what they think is God's will gets them into heaven then, huh?

He WANTS death

- In the same way as every Christian does.

he wants the DEATH of israel and America.

- Actually this is a matter of interpretation.
He wishes that an Imperialist America did not exist.
He wishes Israel did not exist and had not been created.

Actually these are all things not exactly unique to the Iranian President but are actually attitudes and views to be found across the ME (some of them even amongst those we call friends and allies).

So why, in any reasonable thought would we WAIT for him to aquire teh ability of nuclear weapons?

- Well for a start 'he' wouldn't have the say so anyway (I suggest you check out the Iranian power structure) and secondly the likelihood of 'him' even being there in 10yrs (and remember that 10yrs only applies if they are trying to acquire nuclear weapons now and keep on trying) is remote in the extreme.

What do you think will happen?

- Personally I think the US (together with Israel but beyond that utterly alone) will find a pretext to attack Iran at some point, go in and find, like as happened with Iraq that the entire premise for the attack was a lie and that they have made matters there and in the region far worse than before.

He'll lob his missle's at israel and any other western base... then sit in his chair smoking his cigar waiting for that ' made in america ' branded missle to come screaming through his window.

- They don't have any nuclear weapons in the first place.

Iraq was wrong, but Iran is definately a threat to world peace.

- Iraq made perfect sense from the point of view of those who will not tolerate any defiance of Imperial America (especially in view of the shift to the Euro from the $US).
Iran is just an extension of the same deranged and ultimately counter-productive thinking.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
ats forum

I'd say thats pretty good proof wouldnt you?

Iraq was a mistake. It was a lie. plain and simple.
The US has the ability to take satelite photos of IRANS nuclear centre's being extended and advanced, but we couldnt show ANY proof what so ever of ANY of those WMD's?
yeah right.... tell me another one skip.

The WORLD needs to hit IRAN, its facilities and HIT them hard and show them we wont tollerate a fanatical leader with this terrible weapon.

IRaq was wrong, but IRAN is right.

If he was after peaceful energy..
why didnt he accept the russians deal?
why are his nuclear plants WAY to small for energy needs, but large enough for MATERIAL needs?
why does he defy the world and restart reactors when all it is is simple scientific research into ENERGY?

you had your eyes covered by wool from the US over Iraq, dont deceive yourselves over Iran.

He's already stated his intentions, now he's building the means.

are we as a world going to sit by and WAIT for this terrible thing to happen before we act?

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I'd say thats pretty good proof wouldnt you?

- No.
So far it's just a news report; I'll wait until the IAEA make the enquires they say they are going to and they report back (with a tad more objectivity and expertise about what it is that is actually being talked about).

You might also notice that despite that shock, horror! interpretation the referral has been (or rather will be, after the thurs meeting) held back until march.

Iraq was a mistake. It was a lie. plain and simple.
The US has the ability to take satelite photos of IRANS nuclear centre's being extended and advanced, but we couldnt show ANY proof what so ever of ANY of those WMD's?
yeah right.... tell me another one skip.

- Er, cast you mind back, we had all that satellite info stuff before the Iraq war too.

The WORLD needs to hit IRAN, its facilities and HIT them hard and show them we wont tollerate a fanatical leader with this terrible weapon.

- I see; so now we batter 7 shades out of people to warn them "we won't tolerate" something?!
Even though they do not have nuclear weapons?

IRaq was wrong, but IRAN is right.

- Iraq was about defying the USA and switching to the Euro, just as Iran is going to be.

If he was after peaceful energy..
why didnt he accept the russians deal?

- Why should any sovereign nation place it's strategic energy needs solely in the hands of foreigners?
You can be certain no-one else would, certainly not the USA.

why are his nuclear plants WAY to small for energy needs, but large enough for MATERIAL needs?

- You could make that claim about any start to this; they are always at the beginning going to be small scale, right?
(and in the game of playing both ends against the middle, plans to expand their production - as seen in the claims about their want to acquire more centrifuges - are simply presented as 'proof' they are up to no good.

why does he defy the world and restart reactors when all it is is simple scientific research into ENERGY?

- Because they don't see this as 'just about energy'.

They see this as about their free sovereign rights as signatories to the various treaties (the requirements of which, you might care to bear in mind, they have gone well beyond in this attempt to pacify those who insist on making outlandish claims about them.)

you had your eyes covered by wool from the US over Iraq, dont deceive yourselves over Iran.

- Excuse me?
The USA lied to the world about Iraq so just blindly believe all their very obvious propaganda now?
Yeah right.

He's already stated his intentions, now he's building the means.

- "He" has weird personal views (just like many of ours) and is building nothing.

The Iranian nuclear program began long long before "he" was out of school.........and in the beginning it was the USA that convinced the Iranians that they needed this stuff.
How come no-one ever wants to interview those people to find out what they said to the Iranians that got them so interested (way back in the early 1970's).
When they has so much more oil etc etc, hmmmm?

.....and if he is able to and is so determined to bring his own little secular version of Armageddon on and relishes the inevitable terrible response, how come he just didn't have a couple of hundred of Irans missiles rain chemical and biological weapons down on Israel, hmmmm?
Cos if people are convinced a dozen or 2 of nuclear weapons are sufficient to wipe out Israel you can be certain one or two hundred chemical or biological warheads on those few population centres would do the same thing (they'd just take a very little while longer).

The reason is obvious.
They have had those weapons (and missiles) for many many years.
....and done nothing which makes the claims of threat ridiculous.

So the nuclear claims are not about anything other than an attempt at convincing those back home that need convincing and are prepared to go along with whatever they are told with little thought about it.

are we as a world going to sit by and WAIT for this terrible thing to happen before we act?

- No, I suspect if we have any sense we will continue to engage and monitor and build trust.

Or have another disastrous ME war which will end up exposing the lies - just like happened in Iraq.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join