It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hints on the possible "Whore of Babylon"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
You made a statement about the origin of the Christmas tree. Then I brought in fact and showed you it was in the Bible a couple of thousand years before you are aware.

It certainly doesn't appear you are interested in truth.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
You made a statement about the origin of the Christmas tree. Then I brought in fact and showed you it was in the Bible a couple of thousand years before you are aware.

It certainly doesn't appear you are interested in truth.

You have done nothing of the sort. Your evergreen tree in the bible has absolutely no link to the Christmas tree. the christmas tree's origins have been well established.

it is you who prefers fiction and fairy tale.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   

You have done nothing of the sort. Your evergreen tree in the bible has absolutely no link to the Christmas tree. the christmas tree's origins have been well established.

Jeremiah 10:1 Hear ye the word which the LORD speaketh unto you, O house of Israel: 2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. 3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. 4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not. 5 They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go.

Well, I see a Christmas tree, you see a fairy tale, go figure.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Easter: the name is from Eostora, the Germanic goddess of spring and fertility. So loved and revered was she by the pagan tribes that the Christians could not fully banish her, so her name was adopted for the holiday. Eostora was said to travel amonst the tribes when spring came, and with her traveled her beloved pet rabbit, who would lay colored eggs to the delight of the children, who Eostora had a special love for. Baskets of fruit and brightly colored trinkets were traditionally made up and given during this celebration, and things were decked out with flowers. Even the timing of Easter is suspicous: easter happens every year after the first full moon that occurs after the spring equinox. Curious timing for a "Christian" holiday.

Incorrect again. Easter comes from the pagan goddess Ishtar who by legend came down from the moon and landed in the Euphrates river in a egg. Hence Istars egg. The goddess Ishtar is actually Semiramis, queen of Babylon. Your story is correct including the spring equinox. However, it is just another variation of the original story that happened thousands of years before. You need to do more research.

Valentines day: Though not really a Christian holiday, it is celebrated by Christians. Though it was named for a catholic saint, the holiday comes from the pagan Roman feast of Lupricalia, meaning Wolf party. It was in celebration of Februs, whose name means fever, a goddess of passion, who was said to incite fever in mortals to make love. Lupricalia was celebrated by a big party, where some pots filled with names of the party goers were set out. The name you drew would be the sex partner for the evening. This is where we get the tradition of giving "valentines", though a much more watered down version.

You are still a couple of thousand years off. Cupid is the Roman god of love. Eros is the Greek god of love. Both gods originated from Nimrod of Babylon. The lie that blinds the world. The lie that has deceived you.

Preistly vestments: Only for the Catholic church. The robes worn by cardinals and the pope, and high ranking Catholic figures in general, can virtually be traced directly back to the Roman priests of Jupiter. In fact, it is widely believed that when Christianity became the offical religon of the Roman empire, the old pagan preists didnt bother changing their gear, instead, they simply converted to the new religon.

Bishops dress in purple and Cardinals dress in scarlet. Ah,...............Back to Babylon we go.

4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked F27 with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: 5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH

You have a piece of the story, just enough to blind you. Track it all back to Babylon and find out what is really going on.

Find out who Constantine was and what he did. Then talk to me about what the Christians have done. Educate yourself to the truth.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The whore of Babylon is Islam. The old Babylonian Empire sits where Iraq is located and it also engulfs Kuwait, Lebanon and Iran. There will be a league of nations as told in Ezekiel 38. The countries listed are Persia (Iran,) Ethiopia, Libya, Gomer, Togarmah, Meshech and Tubal. Iran will probably be the Revived Babylonian Empire once it will take over Iraq,Kuwait and Lebanon during the first half of the Tribulation Period. This will help to access the Tigris River, Euphrates River, Persia Gulf and the Mediterranean Sea, thus bringing great wealth to the empire.

It is my opinion that the Antichrist will come from Meshech and Tubal, to the Babylonian Empire. (It may be possible that these two countries will be in the Revived Babylonian Empire, known as Lebanon and Kuwait.) It is interesting to note that the Antichrist is said to be living in Tyre (Tyrus) in Ezekiel 28 where he is known as the King of Tyre, which is in modern day Lebanon, a part of the Babylonian Empire. Living in Tyre, he will become a wealthy man in trade and commerce. (Ezekiel 28:4,5) the Antichrist will be the King from the North and Tyre sits north of Israel.

Babylon is mentioned as a great city because much wealth will be brought there. It is interesting to note that the city of Babylon is being rebuilt and our military is helping them to build it to become a large city with the ancient Babylon being restored. Revelation 18:17,18 says that the city will burn up in one hour. There is said to be a lake of oil under modern Babylon just 10 feet underground. If a large missile was to hit this oil, the city will burn up just that quickly.

Today, the only thing holding back a war between Iran and Iraq, is our troops. Once we pull out, by rapture or by president, they will begin to prepare for war. Iraq may take over Kuwait first and then Iran will take over Iraq with Lebanon possibly last.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu

Originally posted by highhorse313
The whore of Babylon is the internet. It holds all the evil that humanity will ever need. We're all involved in it.

Not quite, but you're definitely on the right track. The Internet is actually the Beast, which appears to be a savior, but which is actually giving everyone a number (URL), that reflects upon one's forehead. The number "666" is the frequency that corresponds to the modem command to access the Internet (as expressed in Hebrew musical notation).

Please feel free to create an entire ranting Internet site about this. People should be made aware.

And here is one for you w=23rd letter of the alphabet, 2x3=6, WWW=666, just saying...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Jesus using the word "remembrance" or "spirit" does not make the Eucharist a symbol.

He said "This is My body."

Heretics came up with this new meaning for those two words in the 16th century because they cannot confect the Holy Eucharist.

Every time Jesus uses the word "spirit" in the Gospel, He is speaking of something supernatural. God can do anything. After the priest's words of consecration,the bread and wine become the risen body, blood, soul and divinity of Jesus Christ.

Jesus was instructing the first priests, the Apostles to do the same as He had just done, the reason He used the word "remembrance."

The Roman Catholic Church is not the whore of Babylon. The Anti-Christ isn't taking
over Protestantism. He has no interest in destroying heresy.

The anti-Christ is going to abolish the most Holy Eucharist (for a time). This is the
"abomination of desolation." If the Eucharist isn't true, why does the AC bother?
IMO, the biggest hint, one would have to be blind not to see.

Jesus in prophecy explains who Babylon is...

excerpt from a message to a Midwest seer, a message to Lori,

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

September 3, 2009

...As I told Father a couple of months ago, I began seeing nothing beyond the end of August, it was like I was looking at a black wall. The Lord never told me what the black wall was. He said, "When the time comes, I will tell you." Today He says, ˜The black wall was drawn there so you could not see. We have passed into the time of the Anti-Christ. The earth will tremble because of the sins and blasphemy, and they will be sad and the earth will feel the repercussion." He is talking about the people of the earth, because in the Book of Revelation, the great whore Babylon is the entire earth. It isn't a church, it isn't a nation, it is the entire earth. For God to move the way He is going to move, the entire people of the earth have had to abandon Him, except for a small remnant. That's why Mother always said, "There are very few Christians left. There are very few believers left, regardless of what faith they are in. They say, Lord, Lord, but they don't believe and they don't follow. It's not enough just to believe God exists, you must follow Him." That is why She wanted you to read the Book of Revelation...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The Whore of Babylon is the mystery religion.
the deceiver of nations, and leaders of said nations.

imo.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This whole thread is extremely misguided. The Whore of Babylon is the religion that the Babylonians supposedly followed. The real question would be what is the new Babylon and what is her new Beast. Well the answer is not as cut-and-dry as most of you would think. Babylon, I firmly believe, is Isreal, while America is the Beast that is ensnared by her. It is said that Babylon is a region that controls the world, but that noone realises as such. Isreal fits the bill. The beast was another region that was highly militaristic and under Babylonian control. America definitely fits the bill there. See, the thing that freaks me out is how obvious Israel's control over American affairs is and yet hardly anyone sees it. The funny thing is, no matter how many crackpot theories people on these types of sites come up with, most of them don't even come close. Here's how I guage information on the net, for example. If the info is widely propagated and easy to find, chances are it's a load of crap. Most of the decent info I've come across was by mere happenstance, sheer luck (funny enough most websites don't keep this kind of information up for very long either). The pickle lies in the fact that at the mere mentioning of the atrocities that have been committed by Israeli hands is met with ferocious opposition and claims of racism and antisemitism (btw if you look up the definition of Anti-semitism, it has been modified recently. Apparently now if you show sympathy for any of Israel's enemies, you're antisemitic.) Meh. Sorry for the ramble but I felt it had to be said in this particular thread. (Sorry mods pls dont delete I know it's kind of off topic but important nonetheless)

EDIT: btw if you want some interesting reading and some sources to boot, look up the Rothschilds (actually pronounced Rote-Schild, german for red shield). I'll give you a hint as to their importance. The star of david is not a Judaic symbol, but rather of a more sinister origin if you get my drift. Numerically, it reads out as 666)
edit on 21/11/2011 by xXxinfidelxXx because: meh

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The whore of Babylon is fasle religion especialy the vaticon.

As we can see the propehcy of Baylon the great being laid bare is starting to happen with all the vatican dirtly little secrets spilling out!.

You just have to look at the discriptions.

"With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication"

Well we can see that through history Kings and world leaders have used and twisted organised religion to manipulate and brainwash the people into all sorts of atrocius things.

"So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns."

"And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:"

Again many organised religions have twisted the words of god or made things up for its own evil ends.

"And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration."
False religion has killed many rightous people in the name of "herasy" ect Just look at what the Cathlic church did in the middle ages to those who tried to Print bibles and teach its words in native launages so the masses could know what it truely said!

The Parallel between babylon the great and false religion is strikeing,

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JW2002

the Harlot is not a religion... but a unification between government with crony capitalism and the fascist model of corporations-central banks-government consolidated with a single purpose in mind...

the Harlot only came to fullness after WWII...before then the aspects or parts of the Whore were faintly seen in empires, treasuries, religions, trade & economies...
but the Harlot/Whore only came into fullness with the first incarnation phase.... the USA, post WWII and more precisely after the korean war...and the assassination of JFK in '63

the really bad harlot will soon be apparent with the replacement of the USA model with the much more degenerate [and currently existing) BRICS +2 (eventually becoming a Bloc of 10 ...which will satisify the prophetic 7 heads-10 horns beast)

look up the 'BRICS' which will expand to include Iran and Indonesia

brazil-russia-india-china- S africa...iran-indonesia.... i cannot say just who the other 3 nations will be...but... the N American Amero union of Canada, USA, Mexico may just be the 3 other horns of the beast that are soon taken-out(laid low) by the AC

oops... i might be letting too much info out there
edit on 14-4-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
reply to post by JW2002

the Harlot is not a religion... but a unification between government with crony capitalism and the fascist model of corporations-central banks-government consolidated with a single purpose in mind...

"For because of the wine of the anger of her fornication all the nations have fallen [victim]," -Revelation 14:8
Well from this it indicates that the nations are a seperate entity.

"And the kings of the earth who committed fornication with her and lived in shameless luxury will weep and beat themselves in grief over her, when they look at the smoke from the burning of her, 10 while they stand at a distance because of their fear of her torment and say, ‘Too bad, too bad, you great city, Babylon you strong city, because in one hour your judgement has arrived"- Rev 18:9

Again the Nation are depicted as a separate entity.

“Also, the travelling merchants of the earth are weeping and mourning over her, because there is no one to buy their full stock anymore" - Rev 18:11
Well the commercial sector from this is again a separate entity.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JW2002

i reckon it is all about how one reads it and the mindset of the person thaat makes their own interpetation

i see the lamenting as a personal one,,,in that the public saw and even went along with the frauds, deceit, lawlessness, unfair trade practices (all of which are out of the domain of religion per-say)

but got their 'piece-of-the-pie' and were amazed. bewildered. in awe that the harlot & the 7 headed- 10 horned beast was destroyed by its own population who set (nuclear)fire to the ports of commerce/central bank vaults located along rhe coasts of that end-times empire...babylon, mystery babylon, mother of all harlots

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I wont argue
But to me if the bible speaks of something as a seperate entity it most likley is a seperate enity.

I do agree with you the Nations do and will have a big part to play especially the USA and Europe. But there part will be to destroy babylon the great. For that again I agree with you, the Nations will unite in a one world govermnet, which will be under the UN.

And those nations will be destroyed but when Gods Kingdom arives and replaces them.
edit on 14-4-2013 by JW2002 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Lately I think it's clear that the Whore of Babylon must be Islam. The antichrist was Mohammed. Revelation has been playing out for hundreds and hundreds of years, I think we've been making a mistake to think all these events would happen quickly and together in time. The false prophet is one who will come and take up the mantle of Mohammed and impose Islam on the world. Muslims use one hand to carry the Koran, which itself is the mark of the beast.

i had to take a walk to calm down after i read this...

first off, you provide no evidence to link them, no evidence of mohammed being the antichrist, no evidence of the whore of babylon being islam.

before i say any more on this subject, i want to see the evidence.

I don't want to get into the argument and wondering, who is the whore of Babylon. Prophecy states the False
Prophet is a non-pope who belongs to the anti-Christ. He is not a true Pope. MIMS, you gotta get away from
Islam.

Look at it's fruit. Islam is from Satan. Don't wait until God shows you personally.

God bless you,

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JW2002

As we can see the propehcy of Baylon the great being laid bare is starting to happen with all the vatican dirtly little secrets spilling out!.

"With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication"

Well we can see that through history Kings and world leaders have used and twisted organised religion to manipulate and brainwash the people into all sorts of atrocius things.

"So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns."

"And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:"

Again many organised religions have twisted the words of god or made things up for its own evil ends.

"And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration."
False religion has killed many rightous people in the name of "herasy" ect Just look at what the Cathlic church did in the middle ages to those who tried to Print bibles and teach its words in native launages so the masses could know what it truely said!

None of what you say is true. Everything you know of Christ came from the faith, Roman Catholicism except
for the OT prophecies about Our Lord.

It is prophesied, the anti-Christ will attempt to abolish the most Holy Eucharist (the abomination of desolation). Figure it out friend, why would he do this if the Our Lord's presence in the consecrated host isn't true?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Nakash

Babylon was a place were God confused people with different languages because of their sins. They spread around the earth according to their language. Earth with its diverse languages or nations is this Babylon mentioned in the Bible.
edit on 19-4-2013 by truthius because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2013 by truthius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

Originally posted by JW2002

None of what you say is true. Everything you know of Christ came from the faith, Roman Catholicism except
for the OT prophecies about Our Lord.

It is prophesied, the anti-Christ will attempt to abolish the most Holy Eucharist (the abomination of desolation). Figure it out friend, why would he do this if the Our Lord's presence in the consecrated host isn't true?

This is true...good answer

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join