It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestine Just Killed Itself

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

islam has a history of tolerance towards the jewish and christian people. while christians were torturing and expelling muslims and jews from their countries, muslims were giving christians and jews freedom of worship and rights equivalent to the rest of the population, then they get spit on by the west, and they don't get angry at the jews and christians, but at the ones in THEIR land.

Jesus Christ!

Ive heard some wild statements on ATS before, but this one takes the cake! Heres some wisdom for you......Everywhere you have Muslims, you have problems. They don't tolerate any religion except Islam. I could post hundreds of examples, but I just don't have the time.

Maximu§

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
Jesus Christ!

Ive heard some wild statements on ATS before, but this one takes the cake! Heres some wisdom for you......Everywhere you have Muslims, you have problems. They don't tolerate any religion except Islam.

Maximu§

Speaking of wild statements..

- Attero

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Here you go:

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

So much for peaceful Islam.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
You, sir, are a moron....youd have to be to believe the nonesense on that despicable website.

I know many muslims, and they are great people. They dont condone violencein any form, and the Holy Qu'ran strictly forbids violence.

www.islamicity.com...

This is a much better site if you truly want to understand Islam.

And its not like Christianity is picture perfect without sin. Christianity has gotta be the most crooked religion on the face of this Earth. Its war filled history proves that. Its current sex and abuse scandals against small children dont help its image.

Islam is not the enemy. The people running this corrupt government are the enemy, and they need to be delt with. You sheeple need to wake up.....

[edit on 29-1-2006 by LetKnowledgeDrop]

[edit on 29-1-2006 by LetKnowledgeDrop]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Wow, great thread!

First we have celticniall here advocating genocide and the death of millions of people.

Nowhere in any of my posts do I advocate genocide. I am not a sheep, I can think for myself, and I can see the bigger picture here with regards to America and the Middle East. In my opinion is America is in the wrong...simple as!

But, you go ahead and believe those who tell you that terrorists are a major threat to the world, that Iran will build nuclear weapons and wipe America out, that Syria is behind the terrorists. Live in a constant state of fear, thats what the warmongers want.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
LA_Max,

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

islam has a history of tolerance towards the jewish and christian people. while christians were torturing and expelling muslims and jews from their countries, muslims were giving christians and jews freedom of worship and rights equivalent to the rest of the population, then they get spit on by the west, and they don't get angry at the jews and christians, but at the ones in THEIR land.

Jesus Christ!

Ive heard some wild statements on ATS before, but this one takes the cake! Heres some wisdom for you......Everywhere you have Muslims, you have problems. They don't tolerate any religion except Islam. I could post hundreds of examples, but I just don't have the time.

Maximu§

I take a sabbatical from this site for 6 months to come back to you spouting the same old xenophobic bigotry. You are like a cross between the Energizer Bunny and Hitler.

Try reading about just one of the topics you spout off on.

Just one, I do not think that is too much to ask.

I can give you as many examples of Muslims living in peace and harmony with other religions and races as you can of them not. So nothing proved by you there.

Look at all the problems in your own country. Why not try solving some of them before telling others how to live their lives.

The US cannot feed, clothe, educate, house or even medicate all those living there to a proper standard. So why not try figuring that out before you go demanding it of others.

As for talking about crooks in the government, that has to be the funniest and most timely hypocritical statement to date when you consider what started today in the US.

Cheers

S

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Well abbas just said it will abide by all agrements with isreal

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
La_maximus, Islam has a history of persecuting other religions within its dominion. It also has a history of respecting and tolerating other religions within its dominion. The Muslims persecuted the yezidi pagans throughout iraq, but never actually wiped them out and forced them all to convert to islam. Imagine how quickly a group of 'devil worshiper" who's cheif god is a giant peacock would've lasted in europe in the dark ages.

Islam, as an instituion, does not require that other religions be destroyed. All religions beleive that their religion is the religion, and islam is guilty of this too. Individual muslims, and even entire muslim states and instituions, have sought to destroy other religions, force people to convert to islam, and been murderous and savage. But it simply is not something constitutional to the religion.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
La_maximus, Islam has a history of persecuting other religions within its dominion. It also has a history of respecting and tolerating other religions within its dominion.

Please, please don't try and convince me that Islam is a peaceful religion. The Palestineans just proved to the world that their a buncha blood-thirsty monsters Hellbent on killing every Jew in Isreal.

Its not just "a few radicals" as the Liberals and weaklings like to point out....its about 75% of their population. That makes them a legitimate target for air-strikes with FAE's if another suicide bombing campaign begins and I would not shed ONE FREAKING TEAR if the Palestineans were blown away.

I don't even consider them Human anymore, just mad-dogs that need to be put down....and it all comes down to ISLAM.......ISLAM....ISLAM!!!!!

From Europe to North America to Africa to South America to Asia...ISLAM is at war somewhere in the world with another religion because they just don't get along with ANYONE who does not bray on their knee's to Mecca.

Right now, Muslims overseas are not scared of America, because the girly-men they see on CBS, ABC and NBC sitcoms are pretty docile and funny, God Help them when they wake up the real America and see what Bastards we can really be when angered.

Maximu§

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Well I guess it's true that Jews got along better with the Muslims than the Christians in Spain during the Inquisition. But that was like five hundred years ago, and times have changed. I think you'd be hard pressed to cite more recent examples of Islamic tolerance.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by celticniall
Nowhere in any of my posts do I advocate genocide. I am not a sheep, I can think for myself, and I can see the bigger picture here with regards to America and the Middle East. In my opinion is America is in the wrong...simple as!

In your first few posts in this thread you make it clear that you agree that Isreal should be wiped out.
Now how do you think that's going to happen?

And America is wrong about what?

But, you go ahead and believe those who tell you that terrorists are a major threat to the world, that Iran will build nuclear weapons and wipe America out, that Syria is behind the terrorists. Live in a constant state of fear, thats what the warmongers want.

What are you talking about?
This thread is about the Palestinians and Isreal....

madness:

honestly, you're the ignorant one.

you provide no evidence to the contrary, and insult me for bringing up a point contrary to your narrow eurocentric worldview.

See what I mean! Please keep posting!
I'll have to read whatever reply you have at home though, people around here are starting to wonder why I'm laughing so much.

My "narrow eurocentric worldview"? Ok, you're really going to have to explain this one

Maybe you have a different explanation of "Eurocentric"
The definition I have is:
*Centered or focused on Europe or European peoples, especially in relation to historical or cultural influence*
lol, do you honestly think I give a (crap) about Europe!?

you're probably one of the ignorant fools who thinks that columbus discovered america and was the only person who thought that the world wasn't flat.

Talk about random....
Where in the world did that come from?
You're doing a piss poor job of trying to insult me. You're only making yourself look stupid.

The Native American part of me wants to smack some sense into you right now, but instead we'll just assure you we know Columbus didn't discover America. We probably believe that because we were here thousands of years before Columbus was ever born

i've done plenty of research on the region, hell, i was probably born closer to the region than you were (about half of the meditarranean away) and have done extensive research.

Hmmm....so I take it you're from Europe.
This could explain alot...

Also, you don't have to lie. We already know you've done no research at all.

if you refute that under turkish and moorish rule the muslims allowed christians and jews to worship freely than you can go (expletive string deleted before i get banned).

You didn't specify a time period or location. You just suggested that the Muslims have done no wrong and it's only Christians and Jews that have no tolerance.
I'm wondering where you got that from?

Check (off the top of my head): Armenian Geocide, Kosovo, what's happening in Sudan, what's happening in Indonesia, be a Christian or Jew in Saudi Arabia or in Palestinian controlled areas and see what happens, War of 1948, War of 1967, Yom Kippur war, First infitada, Gulf War, Second infitada, look at the reign of the four Righteous Caliphs. Tolerance? Those are just conflicts, not even going into all what's being preached in some areas and all the talk and propaganda.
Please don't talk as if they are immune to intolerance

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Please, please don't try and convince me that Islam is a peaceful religion.

No religion has ever been truly peacful. Even bhuddism has served as a 'penitence' for savage and brutal rulers.

The Palestineans just proved to the world that their a buncha blood-thirsty monsters Hellbent on killing every Jew in Isreal.

A popular vote doesn't tell us much about every individual.

Its not just "a few radicals" as the Liberals and weaklings like to point out....its about 75% of their population.
I agree, the vote shows that the palestinian population, in general, strongly supports the destruction of isreal. But, again, bush won the last election, that hardly means that every american voted for bush. Gore got the most votes in the 2000 election, that hardly means that all americans support gore.

That makes them a legitimate target for air-strikes with FAE's if another suicide bombing campaign begins and I would not shed ONE FREAKING TEAR if the Palestineans were blown away.

If they're exterminated? No, that'd be going far too far. Israel already occupies palestinian territory, with hamas in government, this means that they can take back the concessions that permited the palestinians to have even this semblance of "self-government" and wratchet up their attacks. But genocide? Er, no.

I don't even consider them Human anymore, just mad-dogs that need to be put down....and it all comes down to ISLAM.......ISLAM....ISLAM!!!!!

Honestly this is just silly. There are peaceful muslims there are violent muslims. There are peaceful christians there are violent christians. The middle east is in a relative dark ages now. In the past, most christians were idiotic uneducated goons who were ready to kill any 'non-believer', thankfully a more powerful and more educated and sophisticated civilization didn't 'put all those 'mad-dogs' down.

ISLAM is at war somewhere in the world with another religion because they just don't get along with ANYONE who does not bray on their knee's to Mecca.

And again you ignore some basic facts. There are people in the middle of iraq who worship a giant peacock god. There are people in lebanon who are neoplatonic pagans. The people the run syria are crypo-pagan star worshippers, and there are still sacred fires throughout iran. As far as 'bloody borders', what civiliational borders does europe have? The balkans? North Africa? the west has less bloody borders because the west has thoroughly exterminated any other religion it comes into contact with. Do you honestly think that if brazil shared a border with india that there wouldn't be fighting along that border? Or that if old china and italy had a disupted mountain region between the two that religion wouldn't come into the conflict?

Heck, look at the history of italy. It was only until a little more than a hundred years ago that italy was run by the pope! The middle east only had its Sultans and Emirs overthrown in the '20s!

Its not islamic regions that are violent, dangerous, and bloody, its post-colonial regions that are. Look at the world and tell me that that isn't so, that that isn't a more basic explanation of these problems?

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I think you'd be hard pressed to cite more recent examples of Islamic tolerance.

Turkey, Lebanon, Indonesia (most of them), Malaysia.....

[edit on 30-1-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
We can continue to argue about the violent nature of religions. We can argue the violence that Islam creates. We can argue the problems that have arrisen from Christian leaders in the states. However, what one must realize is that none of these religions promote violence and immorality to the extent some of you are claiming. It is not the religion itself that is the inciter of such activity, but it is fools taking ideas out of context, and it is human error. Islam is not inherently violent and Christianity is based around the principle of love and serving others. It is radical Muslims who incite this scewed view of Islam. It is priests who fail and fall into sin who bring out a scewed view of Christianity. I repeat that labeling relgions based on the few who skew is fallacy.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
NYGDAN!!!!

Again, you've shown that there are still many clear minded, rational deniers of ignorance on "teh interweb" and that makes me happy.

second, does anyone remember what happened when christianity met up with native americans?

last time i check, a genocide on a scale not yet matched (even by hitler) was initiated, whiping out entire civilizations and over 20 million people.

so islam, christianity, buddhism, hinduism, it doesn't matter the religion, the historical factors of the region are all that matter.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I think folks in this thread should try to stick to what is relavant.

The enlightened period of Islam in the middle ages is no more relavant today that Israel's claims to the Holy Lands based upon the semi-nomadic presence of a bunch of sheep herders 3,000 years ago. It's not relavant to today's situation.

Regarding the question about Islam being a religion of hatred and death: Islamic scholars can certainly point plenty of reference material both in and out of the Quran showing Islam to be a religion of peace, one has only to remember that religion itself is never the sole motivating or driving force behind the actions of believers.

Islam has well over a billion believers world-wide, and the vast majority of those believers live in poverty and are, for the most part, uneducated (by western standards). About 25% of all Muslims live in non-Egypt Africa in complete destitution. Millions more live in poverty in Asia. Hate and intollerance is not a by-product of islam, IMHO. It is a by-product of abject poverty, and a lack of hope for anything good in the corporeal world. Did you ever stop to wonder why the Muslim version of Heaven is rife with all sorts of worldly pleasures - not some esoteric or abject concept of "being one with God"? It's because for most Muslims life on earth ain't much to write home about.

Now that doesn't mean that there aren't scholarly, well-off Muslims who are tolerant and well-meaning for non-muslims, there are plenty of them. The problem is that many of these people are indifferent to the plight of their own destitute bretheren, and they are indifferent to the violence and terrorism committed against non-muslims by these oppressed and down trodden people. They have also allowed (and sometimes directly supported) the radical religious zealots to become mainstream within their own religious communities - probably because at the moment the main target of the hate and terrorism is "The Great Satan" of the west, and not the rich & fat Emirs and Caliphs who sit on billions and billions of dollars and live in undescribable opulence.

The Palestinains are but a tiny faction, a tiny iota of the world's muslim population. The do not represent the entire world population of Islam. What is relavant about their situation is that the Israelis have the land, the money, the resources, the friends, and the power. The Palestinians do not. And all the bitching and moaning and threatening in the world will not change that. The educated, wealthy, and moderate muslims know this, and have been openly (and behind the scenes) been working with the Israelis on issues of trade and coexistance for decades.

If the Muslims of the world want to be relavant again, and bring back the "Golden Age" of 1100 years ago....then perhaps they should re-examine what made that age "golden" in the first place, and then look at themselves...hate, intolerance and radicalism were not on the agenda back then.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Why do some try to defend Islam, Muslims and Arabs. They are one of the longest surviving people and they have accomplished the least of any race, religion or geographical area. Why have they not invented ANYTHING, why do they spend all their money on weapons? Why do they advocate killing?

And why do people on this board fefend them as humane and kind?

I mean come on people, they'e still building mud houses!!!!
And in their bud house bedroom is a few AK-47's!

Train

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigTrain
Why do some try to defend Islam, Muslims and Arabs. Why have they not invented ANYTHING, why do they spend all their money on weapons?

They invented algebra and chess...among other things.

[edit on 31-1-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTrain
Why do some try to defend Islam, Muslims and Arabs. They are one of the longest surviving people and they have accomplished the least of any race, religion or geographical area. Why have they not invented ANYTHING, why do they spend all their money on weapons? Why do they advocate killing?

And why do people on this board fefend them as humane and kind?

I mean come on people, they'e still building mud houses!!!!
And in their bud house bedroom is a few AK-47's!

Train

A classic example of the Eurocentrism that dominates the American educational system. I bet you think white people invented damn near everything, don't you.

As for this Hamas thing (to get back on topic), y'all should kill it now, for 2 reasons.

1) Our chimp-faced "leader" has been babbling on and on about promoting democracy. Well, didn't it work here? Did they NOT elect Hamas DEMOCRATICALLY? What am I missing? Oh, yeah, the between the lines thing here. They only want "democracy" when the people elect someone who the US agrees with. Maybe the govt should stick to installing dictators instead of lying about their agenda...wait, they do both equally well.

2) Israel actually FUNDED Hamas! I remember posting a blurb about that and no one said anything about it. Well, in my next post, I'll post evidence to back up the claim.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
OK.

Thank Souljah for this nice post on it.

Originally posted by Souljah
Great Find.

What you might find even MORE Interesting is the Following articles:

UPI Investigation reveals that Israel funded Hamas for twenty years

Israel and Hamas may currently be locked in deadly combat, but, according to several current and former U.S. intelligence officials, beginning in the late 1970s, Tel Aviv gave direct and indirect financial aid to Hamas over a period of years.

Israel "aided Hamas directly -- the Israelis wanted to use it as a counterbalance to the PLO (Palestinian Liberation Organization)," said Tony Cordesman, Middle East analyst for the Center for Strategic Studies.

Hamas, Son of Israel

"Encouraged Israeli authorities to dismiss their opponents in the committee in February of 1981, resulting in subsequent Islamisation of IUG policy and staff (including the obligation on women to wear the hijab and thobe and separate entrances for men and women), and enforced by violence and ostracization of dissenters. Tacit complicity from both university and Israeli authorities allowed Mujama to keep a weapons cache to use against secularists. By the mid 1980s, it was the largest university in occupied territories with 4,500 students, and student elections were won handily by Mujama."

How the Likud Bloc Mid-wifed the Birth of Hamas

In addition to hoping to turn the Palestinian masses away from Arafat and the PLO, the Likud leadership believed they could achieve a workable alliance with Islamic, anti-Arafat forces that would also extend Israel's control over the occupied territories. At the time, the Islamicization of the Palestinian leadership was still very much in its infancy.

Israel’s Funding of Hamas Comes Home to Roost

In your eye-opening interview, seasoned veteran journalist Rattansi tells of readily available documents and former Israeli and U.S. intelligence officials admitting that Israel actually directly funded Hamas as a counterbalance to the PLO in the 1970s!

Puppet On A String: Hamas Dances To Israel’s Tune

Israel wanted to radicalize the dispute by moulding Hamas into a fundamentalist militant crusade to ape the Khomeini revolution in Iran. So much so that Israel groomed potential Hamas leaders, pressuring Israeli authorities to give them licenses to set up food kitchens, clinics, schools, and day-care centers, to create a governing structure alternative to Arafat's Fatah. These were known as ‘Village Leagues’ - and provided future Hamas operatives with a political and governmental foothold. This began in 1978 when Prime Minister Menachem Begin, himself a former terrorist leader, approved an application from Sheik Ahmad Yassin to license the Islamic Association, which would later produce a military wing, Hamas, in 1987. The Israeli Likud party propped up Yassin because they both had the same agenda, to destabilize Arafat’s Fatah.

Interesting no?

Especially if you read the Articles in this Thread, about FBI Funding Hamas.

So we have, Isreali Political Parties Funding Hamas, FBI Funding Hamas - but where does all this Lead to?

Well, the Following Article is VERY long, but well worth the read, and it Debunks all of the artilces written above - saying that all of them are just CIA FABRICTION.

But why would CIA Fabricate such News and put them in Media?

The CIA fabricated the allegation that Israel funds Hamas

We believe the US has a covert strategy to undermine Israel, and that it has worked intimately with the Palestinian terrorists for a long time. Undermining Israel covertly, while appearing to support it overtly, fulfills various geopolitical goals of the US-led Empire (see here for one example).

Well that SURE makes a Good Point, don't you Think?

FBI Funded Hamas?

Or Isreal?

Or CIA?

Or ALL OF THEM?

[edit on 30/1/06 by Souljah]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join