It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serial Rapist gets 60-day Sentence!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   

If 'treatment' outside of gaol was concidered safe and just before, why now at least 3 years of 'treatment' before being concidered safe and just?

If you read up on the case a little more, before making future pronouncements, that would be helpful. I've been trying to shepherd people toward making good judgements and following through with the research necessary to form an educated opinion about the matter, but the intellectual lazyness is apparently hardwired. Just know that your argument strikes me the same as a kid reporting on a book he/she hasn't read.

This is the country that tries children for murder, as adults, but you think it's fair to not detain a man, too mentally young to understand he is a danger, BECAUSE he doesn't understand he IS A DANGER.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Have I said it's not fair to detain a man too 'mentally young' to understand the danger he poses? I happen to know I've said nothing of the sort. So, again, what are you talking about in that sentence I quoted?

If you are at all aware of what sexual abuse can do to the mental developement of children, then you should want less of these mentally challenged folk out and about creating more of the same,

In many cases these mentally challenged folk are born to 'normal' parents. Stopping the mentally challenged from breeding does nothing to eliminate them from the population, so why go to such Hitlerian extremes?

and less judges who put them out on the streets, not justifying this judges waffling as some humane, higher wisdom.

Is he free? When did that happpen? Last I heard he was going away for three years at the least. This judge HAS NOT waffled. If you took the time to educate yourself about the particulars of the case, you would know that.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Wyerdeone, I won't stick to your, 'this is how this case should be seen and discussed', 'order by insult'.

This judge was prepared to let this guy out after only 90 days and no treatment but because he bumped it up to at least 3 years, after a public outcry, somehow you defend both sentances as sound and just???

Of course any related points of the issue can't be discused in your view, because they aren't in the transcripts of this case. When you become privy to the whole truth, of every detail, from begining to end, including evidence and facts not presented to the court, come back and shut us up for good. Untill then let folk discuss all the issues of the topic and not just those you approve of.

Your claim of attempting to educate folk, rather than shut them up, would be a little believable if you provided a link to all these details you insult others for not yet finding instead of hit and run snipping.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Voodoo Child got it right. I know this may be considered wrong, but I am a single/divorced man with three daughters.....if this happened to any of mine, the man would not live to see court. And I can honestly say I wouldn't mind wasting away in Huntsville for doing it. Sorry for being so blunt, I'm just a parent who will put my life on the line for my girls!

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I feel the same way about my son. If anybody ever touched him in that way and I got my hands on the person - it would be over in a hurry. I don't care how bad my back is, or if the effort killed me or crippled me completely for the rest of my life. Certain situations warrant the use of deadly force, and this is one of them. I will go to any lengths to protect my life and the life of my loved ones.

I believe the awareness of this corruption in our society continues to grow. The child abduction, sexual abuse, and human trafficking is but one facet of it. I believe the entire culture of corruption, opiate abuse, warmongering, and basically lying, cheating, and stealing that has infiltrated our society in the last 60 years is inter-related and interdependent. When we get to the bottom of it, do you know what I think we will find? Groves and idols, my friends, groves and idols.

People on the inside of this corruption (and others unfamiliar and/or controlled) will call me crazy, and say I need help, and I'm making it all up. That's their MO. Act concerned, show surprise, deny, deny, deny. Where have I seen that before? Anybody truly familiar with this scenario will know exactly what I am talking about.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising

I believe the awareness of this corruption in our society continues to grow. The child abduction, sexual abuse, and human trafficking is but one facet of it. I believe the entire culture of corruption, opiate abuse, warmongering, and basically lying, cheating, and stealing that has infiltrated our society in the last 60 years is inter-related and interdependent. When we get to the bottom of it, do you know what I think we will find? Groves and idols, my friends, groves and idols.

People on the inside of this corruption (and others unfamiliar and/or controlled) will call me crazy, and say I need help, and I'm making it all up. That's their MO. Act concerned, show surprise, deny, deny, deny. Where have I seen that before? Anybody truly familiar with this scenario will know exactly what I am talking about.

I.R., I wish I could call you crazy, but I saddly can't. It seems you are one of the rare ones, like Orangetom, who can look at the whole big picture without suffering vertigo.

No wonder so many people can't drink it all in, when even related issues to a discused topic are called 'out of bounds' by so many who aim to reasure us the is no NWO to worry about.
Dare to explain the unexplainable by connecting the dots between 'seemingly' unrelated issues and there is no end of calls to, start another thread.
Why?
Why keep diluting information untill everything (from "their" very tightly limited view point) looks just fine and dandy, standing in it's 'cleaned up' aloneness?

You don't "Deny Ignorance" by limiting information or scattering it so far and wide, that important facts are left out of concideration.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Wyerdeone, I won't stick to your, 'this is how this case should be seen and discussed', 'order by insult'.

Once again you've completely lost me. What are you trying to say? I asked you to display a reasonable regard for the facts. You've not done that yet, that I can see.

This judge was prepared to let this guy out after only 90 days and no treatment but because he bumped it up to at least 3 years, after a public outcry, somehow you defend both sentances as sound and just???

No, that's incorrect. Once again, I urge you to read some of the reportage on the case. It's easy to get (do a search). The sentence was in response to the fact that treatment wasn't being provided in jail. The sentence was also highly conditional. Cashman stated in his judgement that he would increase the sentence if Vermont could treat the man in prison.

The offender was found guilty of molesting a child, and the judge (based on the EVIDENCE!), decided he was a danger to others if he was not treated before being released to society. The state of Vermont wouldn't insure the guy would get treatment in jail, so Cashman set the sentence at a bare minimum to force the state to change its position under the weight of public outcry. It worked.

The guy took a PR hailstorm from uninformed soap-boxers, and as a result, the perv will receive treatment before being sent back to your neighborhood (in 3-10 years). People should be thanking this judge for dragging the state of Vermont, kicking and screaming, into doing the right thing to protect everyone's kids.

Of course any related points of the issue can't be discused in your view, because they aren't in the transcripts of this case.

What are you talking about? I haven't ONCE mentioned court transcripts! Lemme put it this way, what have you read in regards to this story we're talking about? Let's start there.

Untill then let folk discuss all the issues of the topic and not just those you approve of.

I don't have to approve of anything! I'm not a site owner, I'm not a mod! Talk to your heart's content and come down off that cross (it's silly), but my advice from earlier stands. It behooves you to know the facts of the case before questioning the logic of the judge's ruling, or engaging others in a discussion on its merits. You wouldn't walk into a chili cook off and declare a winner without dipping your spoon, would you?

Your claim of attempting to educate folk,

I never claimed I was attempting to educate anyone. People educate themselves or they never learn. I'm not the type to bang his head against a wall for no good reason.

[edit on 26-1-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Here are some links.

www.vermontguardian.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

Link

www.timesargus.com.../20060119/NEWS/601190336/1024

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
AngelWings,

Hey, thanks for the props. Just doing my best to shine the light of reason into the dark corner of evil intent. All the credit for my avatar goes to JAK. Your aims are commendable and I wish you the best in achieving them.

Lazarus,

Thanks for the links. I had only heard/read snippets. The connections to perversion in the palaces of power are unmistakeable, and there for all who wish to see.

Suzy,

Your passion is admirable, and it will be satisfied when the greater truth that is the true target of your outrage is exposed. I share your discomfiture at the lack of attention devoted to the paramount importance of protecting our children from an organized system of pedophilic predators.

WyrdeOne,

I appreciate your efforts to direct attention to the intentions of the judge. If he was truly looking to force change on the system in Vermont, then he sure chose a funny way to go about it. As long as this perv never has an opportunity to do this to anyone ever again, this sentence will have the necessary effect.

[edit on 26-1-2006 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising

WyrdeOne,

I appreciate your efforts to direct attention to the intentions of the judge. If he was truly looking to force change on the system in Vermont, then he sure chose a funny way to go about it.
[edit on 26-1-2006 by Icarus Rising]

To me it is still a very big IF.

When you concider the child sex scandles that have caused public outrage but failed to bring about justice, I don't see how this tactic of the judge was worth risking having him released in 90 days sans 'treatment'.

Also, I can't see why his 'treatment' was more important than detaining him ( if his mental age is 12 he shouldn't be in gaol but mental health facility) away from more children.

I mentioned court transcripts and unrecorded evidence because arguing on 'reported facts' but not "the whole truth", is how so many people are made to believe a lie. There are already far too many lies told about entrenched, protected rings of very important paedophiles.

I was simply mentioning and questioning important related issues, not re-judging the case, because without ALL the facts, that would be unjust and just plain silly.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Suzy,

I caught this in the paper this morning and wanted to add it here. Maybe we can get Nicole briefed on all this and see if she can use her newfound stature at the U.N. to advance the issue worldwide. Sounds a bit farfetched, even for me, but hey, she's an Aussie, isn't she? U.N. Ambassador for UNIFEM is an impressive sounding title, let's see what she can make of it.

NICOLE KIDMAN JOINS U.N. WOMEN’S FUND AS AMBASSADOR: The UN Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM) is kicking off its 30th anniversary with the appointment of actress Nicole Kidman as its new Goodwill Ambassador. The Fund will hold a press conference tomorrow in New York, where she will be introduced by UNIFEM’s Executive Director Noeleen Heyzer. In her new role, Ms Kidman will work with UNIFEM to advance women’s rights and gender equality around the world, focusing special attention on critical gender concerns such as ending violence against women.

NICOLE KIDMAN JOINS U.N. WOMEN’S FUND AS AMBASSADOR

I know this isn't necessarily a position focusing on children's issues, and mainly concerns women's rights, but maybe its a place to start bringing global pressure to bear on the human traffickers.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I.R., I can't imagine that after, "Eyes Wide Shut", she hasn't had more than a few people contact her, asking she help have the testimonies of survivers of SRA and Organized Child Sex Rings, finally heard and believed by the 'averge joe'.
Saddly, I also can't imagine the U.N. not getting wiff of it and giving her this 'more important' position to 'steer' her away from accepting.

But hey, with modern slavery finally being main stream news, it would be damned hard for her to refuse to highlight the powers behind the industry, that feed and protect it.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
You know, you're right. The whole "Eyes Wide Shut" angle escaped me. It may not be so farfetched that she can contribute something of substance to the effort after all. Awareness is the key. Raising it is the challenge.

I find myself looking around at others more carefully these days, and I see signs of stuff on people's faces, especially children and young people who are out in public with other adults, that I never noticed or took into consideration before. I bet I'm not the only one.....

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join