It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'We will cut them until Iran asks for mercy'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
A Sunni terrost group near the border of Pakistan.
That's no surprise.

The Pakistanis also supported the Sunni Taliban in Afghanistan.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by enslaved83

The US and Israel have nothing to worry about. Iran will be turned to glass if it tries anything. Worried about enemy missles? Don't be. The US and Israel have developed THEL. Google it.

I am so glad you have saved all mankind...............especially Israel and the US. Just where is THEL deployed?

The last Iranian prez said something to the effect that it would only take one nuke to take out Israel and so what if they or the US retaliated, it would only be a few million Iranians and would be worth it.

Ideology in the form of ultra radical Iranian mullahs to hasten the end of the world isn't something to discount so easily.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I am so glad you have saved all mankind...............especially Israel and the US. Just where is THEL deployed?

The last Iranian prez said something to the effect that it would only take one nuke to take out Israel and so what if they or the US retaliated, it would only be a few million Iranians and would be worth it.

Ideology in the form of ultra radical Iranian mullahs to hasten the end of the world isn't something to discount so easily.

I didn't create THEL, Im not that good! and alas Im not privy to top secret sensitive and ultimately classified information (though I wish I was!). I only get what I read from fairly reliable sources.

Israel has enough nukes to blanket nuke the whole of Iran. If Israel did this there would be no such thing as an Iranian anymore. It has a round the clock strategic deterant and a first strike option should it require. This can be delivered by sub, missile or plane.

I would also like to reinforce the point again. Iran currently has no nukes and won't have any for several years. It has no missles capable of reaching the US either.

I personally don't think we have much to fear from Iran. The people of Iran are well educated and fed up with the Iranian governemnt. They are not in the least bit stupid enough to support a nuclear war against either the US or Israel.

www.network54.com...

This forum contains a lot of Iranians. This poll is gives you an overview of what they think of their government.

The new president is a hardliner and has annoyed a lot of powerfull people inside Iran. I don't know if he will last that long......

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Interesting side thought. If Iran did nuke Israel then it would destroy the third most holy site in Islam. It would then have several million sunni Muslims gunning for it as well as the Palestinains who would be very appreciative of the radioactive wastland given to them for their new home.(well those that were left anyway). The whole Arab world would turn against them.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Somehow, I just wonder how America got into this middle East mess. I know some people are going to say "Israel" but even if there was no Israel the West would be at war with the Islamic world (it has been for centuries).

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Iranian missle link

This link is to a data source for Iranian missles FAS. It indicated Iran does have the capability to hit the west coast of the US with a nuke missle. Even the slow-witted head of the IAEA says Iran is 6 months from a nuke device, which in my mind means more than just one missle and nuke "tip".

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
Somehow, I just wonder how America got into this middle East mess. I know some people are going to say "Israel" but even if there was no Israel the West would be at war with the Islamic world (it has been for centuries).

because we're all infidels in the eyes of the hardline islamic fundamentalists. Or, in terms most westerners can understand, they're bigots. If you aren't like them, you are wrong. The difference between the western verson of bigotry is westerners can't quote a holy book as a reason for torturing or murdering those that aren't just like them .

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
we have to use a weapon which can lead to terrorist too afraid to attack any nation.

cold war had the nuke currently we need something 21th cent.

and we need energy shields and blast absorbing technologies.

and we have to stop religion of being a reason for terrorism even if leaders of religions deny they are one of the reasons of terrorism but support them secretly.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Are you saying that a nation's military unit cannot commit terrorist acts? Well then, all we need to do to make al Qaeda legitimate is to re-name them "Afghan Security Force" or some such nonsense.

Let's look at what the IRGC really does:

Foreign Operations

The foreign operations by the Guardians, which also encompass the activities of Hizballah and Islamic Jihad ? are usually carried out through the Committee on Foreign Intelligence Abroad and the Committee on Implementation of Actions Abroad. As with agents of Ministry of Intelligence, Pasdaran personnel operate through front companies and non-governmental organizations, employees or officials of trading companies, banks, cultural centers or as representatives of the Foundation of the Oppressed and Dispossessed (Bonyade-e- Mostafazan), or the Martyrs Foundation.
The Qods (Jerusalem) Force of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) is responsible for extraterritorial operations, including terrorist operations. A primary focus for the Qods Force is training Islamic fundamentalist terrorist groups. Currently, the Qods Force conducts training activities in Iran and in Sudan.
www.fas.org...

Why didn't either of you defend HAMAS in your replies?

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen
we have to use a weapon which can lead to terrorist too afraid to attack any nation.

cold war had the nuke currently we need something 21th cent.

and we need energy shields and blast absorbing technologies.

and we have to stop religion of being a reason for terrorism even if leaders of religions deny they are one of the reasons of terrorism but support them secretly.

I highly doubt using a weapon such as a nuke would do anything other than kill a whole lot of people. If the islamic fundamentalists use it, they will get a better result than if the west uses it.

Let's say Bush decides to flex a little more muscle and nuke someone. Who do you nuke? Iran? Ok, fine, you nuke Iran. DO you think all the islamic fundamentalists in Indonesia, Africa, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Palestine, etc are just going to stop committing acts of terror?

All it will do is result in even more peaceful muslims taking a more hardline stance. It will accomplish nothing positive.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
because we're all infidels in the eyes of the hardline islamic fundamentalists. Or, in terms most westerners can understand, they're bigots. If you aren't like them, you are wrong. The difference between the western verson of bigotry is westerners can't quote a holy book as a reason for torturing or murdering those that aren't just like them .

Another big difference is that the islamofascists have made it a stated goal to destroy the western way of life and to replace it with their own version of "life". They use their perversion of a religion as an excuse to murder.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
How do you stop terrorism? That is the key question. You stop their funding. How do you stop their funding? You go to the source. You cut oil revenues. How? Alternative energy such as fusion. The americans invented the bomb. I bet if they put in enough effort they could develop alternative energy. The middle east would be forced to modernise or be marginalised further.

Every time we fill up our petrol tank we are putting money in the hands of the extremists. Money is the key!

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   

How do you stop terrorism? That is the key question. You stop their funding. How do you stop their funding? You go to the source. You cut oil revenues. How? Alternative energy such as fusion. The americans invented the bomb. I bet if they put in enough effort they could develop alternative energy. The middle east would be forced to modernise or be marginalised further.

Every time we fill up our petrol tank we are putting money in the hands of the extremists. Money is the key!

I must agree there is no reason to use fossil fuel for transportation.

All electricity should be nuclear.

All cars should be hydrogen.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I must agree there is no reason to use fossil fuel for transportation.

All electricity should be nuclear.

All cars should be hydrogen.

Absolutely. We may have different views politically but I think we both share the same view on what is common sense and what our leaders need to do. Its time to move away from the middle east. People the Mullahs can't afford these nice new nukes if they don't have people buying the stuff bellow their feet.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I heard a discussion recently on this same topic of alternative energy sources. It was brought out that here in the US, one major obstacle to it is the oil companies themselves. So the solution was to reduce demand for oil by raising prices until hydrogen is an attractive alternative. This sounds painful to the consumer but as long as it doesn't last too long it's worth it, imo.

Sorry for the sidetrack.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It had nothing to do with negotiating and it wasn't a "neocon" thing. It was an american thing. The Soviet Union was, at the time, still communist and still an enemy. Remember, back then they boycotted the Olympics when they were here and we boycotted the Olympics when they were there.

Actually it was spearheaded by the name neocon cabal that is in charge to the present day.

Sep

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Are you saying that a nation's military unit cannot commit terrorist acts? Well then, all we need to do to make al Qaeda legitimate is to re-name them "Afghan Security Force" or some such nonsense.

Let's look at what the IRGC really does:

Foreign Operations

The foreign operations by the Guardians, which also encompass the activities of Hizballah and Islamic Jihad ? are usually carried out through the Committee on Foreign Intelligence Abroad and the Committee on Implementation of Actions Abroad. As with agents of Ministry of Intelligence, Pasdaran personnel operate through front companies and non-governmental organizations, employees or officials of trading companies, banks, cultural centers or as representatives of the Foundation of the Oppressed and Dispossessed (Bonyade-e- Mostafazan), or the Martyrs Foundation.
The Qods (Jerusalem) Force of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) is responsible for extraterritorial operations, including terrorist operations. A primary focus for the Qods Force is training Islamic fundamentalist terrorist groups. Currently, the Qods Force conducts training activities in Iran and in Sudan.
www.fas.org...

Why didn't either of you defend HAMAS in your replies?

This is news to me, could you please point out some of the actual terror activities conducted by the IRGC? I mean dates and events not just a man saying they conduct "terrorist operations".

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   

What you have to realize is there is only so much oil left. That ideal is unrealistic of everysense in itself. The american people would never adapt or accomodate to cease the funds of terrorists. Drugs do that enough anyways. But what is important to think about is that oil can only take us so far. There is a limited amount and other options for energy or vital. It isnt an idea to look for alternative energy, it is necessary.. but wait.. what would everyone fight over when the oil is gone? Its like banging your head off a wall over and over again.

[edit on 19-1-2006 by PinkRibbon06]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sep
This is news to me, could you please point out some of the actual terror activities conducted by the IRGC? I mean dates and events not just a man saying they conduct "terrorist operations".

From the same source I cited before:

The Pasdaran has also supported the establishment of Hizballah branches in Lebanon, Iraqi Kurdistan, Jordan and Palestine, and the Islamic Jihad in many other Moslem countries including Egypt, Turkey, Chechnya and in Caucasia. Hizballah has been implicated in the counterfeiting of U.S. dollars and European currencies, both to finance its operations and to disrupt Western economies by impairing international trade and tourism.

Training someone to commit terrorist acts makes one as guilty as actually committing the act.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Training someone to commit terrorist acts makes one as guilty as actually committing the act.

O rly?

Does that apply to us too? because after all our special forces have trained countless ruthless third world para-military organizations. I guess when you use those standards the US really is the worlds biggest terrorist organization.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join