It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'We will cut them until Iran asks for mercy'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   

'We will cut them until Iran asks for mercy'
By Massoud Ansari
(Filed: 15/01/2006)

Deep in the lawless triangle connecting Iran, Pakistan and Afghanistan, eight terrified Iranian soldiers are being held hostage by a Sunni group that is vowing to "slaughter" them if Teheran does not bow to its demands.

"We will chop their heads once our deadline is over," Abdul Hameed Reeki, chief spokesman of the Jundallah or Brigade of God group, told the Sunday Telegraph, slowly drawing an index finger across his neck to demonstrate the seriousness of his intent."

telegraph.co.uk/news

We need to find a way to help this Iranian freedom group overthrow the new Iranian "hitler" before he can launch his nukes and bring on the end of the planet.

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16/1/2006 by Mirthful Me]
mode edit to shorten link

[edit on 17-1-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by thermopolis
We need to find a way to help this Iranian freedom group overthrow the new Iranian "hitler" before he can launch his nukes and bring on the end of the planet.

Are you freaking kidding me? These are TERRORISTS!
Where were you when Nick berg was beheaded? Should we have helped those Iraqi freedom group too?

Iran does not negotiate with terrorists and they will hopefully deal with these terrorists accordingly.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The mentality of helping/harbouring all types of terrorists to contain/topple disliked rules has resulted in 9/11.

The Neocon mentality of pre-emptive strikes is going to lay eggs for a Neo type of terrorists.

Ever thought why newer candidates for acquiring nukes and other WMD are popping up?
Because we have proved that might is right, so all need to be mighty enough to be fit for survival. Where are we heading?

chauri

mod edit to remove quote of previous post

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by shire19

Where were you when Nick berg was beheaded? Should we have helped those Iraqi freedom group too?

Iran does not negotiate with terrorists and they will hopefully deal with these terrorists accordingly.

Well, (the NEOCONS) "negotiated" with hundreds of thousands of terrorists in the afgan-russian war from 79-89. Selling them weapons, and training etc. because it seemed justified to fight the russian threat. Now we are faced with a threat from the dominate party in iran, with there nukes, and anything we could to stop that from happening might be justified.

Personally I don't think we should have been selling them weapons in the first place. Wasn't that a bunch of NEOCONS that were selling Iranians weapons back in the 80's anyways? At the same time, thoes guys were selling iraq weapons, of mass destruction I might add.

So from 1979 to 1989, the NEOCONS managed to sell weapons to Iraq, Iran, and the Afgan muhajadeen

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
While we don’t officially negotiate with terrorist, we cant be entirely sure the same is true being closed doors. The intelligence business in not always clean and proper, sometimes you have to play “dirty” so to speak, in order to accomplish your goals. Yes, as a result of this un-intended consequences do occur, but hindsight is 20/20. Just keep that in mind

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   

and thats one reason the US is the largest sponsor of terrorists

dont you see
its Ok for america to support terrorists since its in its intrest as long as they dont bite back (what am i saying they do in some time or another)
since they are spreading democracy

[sarcasem off]

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Mabye you'd care to define what a "terrorist" is?

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Mabye you'd care to define what a "terrorist" is?

terrorism: the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Yeah that's just what we need to do, support a bunch of ruthless Sunni Islamist terrorists.
Because that's worked out so well for us in the past...

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkhero
terrorism: the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion

Then by that definition is a bully not a terrorist?

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Iran does not negotiate with terrorists? Iran sponsors terrorists!

Iran Sponsored
Terrorist Organizations

Lebanese Hizballah
HAMAS
Palestine Islamic Jihad
Palestinian Rejectionist Groups
Mujahedin-e-Khalq
Iran's Revolutionary Guard Corps
Iran's Ministry of Intelligence and Security

Iran sponsored terrorist groups

I'm glad the French had a different attitude way back when we needed help.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I had seven concurrent heart attacks when I read this: " we need to find a way to help this Iranian freedom group overthrow the new Iranian "hitler" before he can launch his nukes and bring on the end of the planet".

That is officially in my opinion the most ignorant statement I have ever read on these boards. I am indeed stunned.

Iran doesn't have nukes yet and these terrorists are threatening to cut peoples heads off! So its ok to cut peoples heads off in Iran but not Iraq? How about its not right to cut peoples heads off at all. This is not the middle ages. Now thats a more sane statement.

But then thats the trouble in this war against terror. Its not against groups that employ terror as a means to an end like it should be. Its a war against people who represent a threat to US oil and the power of the $.

Im not saying Iran is guilt free. Its new President is an ass and the groups it supports are murderers but anyone who thinks we should support any terror group is no beter than the Iranian government. Some people have learnt nothing from 9/11.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by enslaved83
I had seven concurrent heart attacks when I read this: " we need to find a way to help this Iranian freedom group overthrow the new Iranian "hitler" before he can launch his nukes and bring on the end of the planet".

That is officially in my opinion the most ignorant statement I have ever read on these boards. I am indeed stunned.

OK, then with the entire planet watching Iran develope nukes with the sole "stated" policy of "death to america and death to Israel" what is your solution? The prez if Iran truely believes he can hasten the end of the world if he attacks israel and starts armaggedon. If these few "terrorist" can stop the incineration of millions from nukes then YES they have my support.

WAR sucks, Nuclear WAR suck worst of all. All too soon this planet will wake up to "missles" in the air wondering "what is happening".

That my friend is truely Ignorant!!!!!!!!!

Sep

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Iran Sponsored
Terrorist Organizations

Lebanese Hizballah
HAMAS
Palestine Islamic Jihad
Mujahedin-e-Khalq

lol nice one mate. The Mujahedin-e Khalq or the MKO are an anti-Iranian terrorist group. The IRGC is an army. It has an air force, a navy and ground forces. It is not a terrorist organization. Iran's Ministry of Intelligence and Security is not a terrorist organization. It is a ministry held by a nominee of the elected President who has to be approved by the parliament. It is arguable whether Hezbollah is a terrorist organization or not, although I do not support them in any way.

mod edit to fix quote code

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   

OK, then with the entire planet watching Iran develope nukes with the sole "stated" policy of "death to america and death to Israel" what is your solution? The prez if Iran truely believes he can hasten the end of the world if he attacks israel and starts armaggedon..

Ok dude, if Iran nukes Israel, then Israel and the US nuke Iran, at that point Iran is a big glass bowl, end of story.
So right now, even if Iran were to start developing nuclear weapons, they would not attack Israel or any Western country because that would be SAD (Self Assured Destruction) thus serving no real purpose.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   

OK, then with the entire planet watching Iran develope nukes with the sole "stated" policy of "death to america and death to Israel" what is your solution? The prez if Iran truely believes he can hasten the end of the world if he attacks israel and starts armaggedon. If these few "terrorist" can stop the incineration of millions from nukes then YES they have my support.

WAR sucks, Nuclear WAR suck worst of all. All too soon this planet will wake up to "missles" in the air wondering "what is happening".

That my friend is truely Ignorant!!!!!!!!!

The Iranian President is mearly spouting rhetoric and the Islamic Republic has done nothing but since it was created. Most of this rhetoric is aimed at the general public of Iran to arouse nationalism and why? Well because the Iranian public are fed up with the government and its inibity to provide good housing or jobs. This new president is a hardliner because thats what the ruling clergy think Iran needs, someone to put the spirit of the revolution back in the public so they can continue to pillage the Iranian economy for a bit longer and keep the population in the dark. Kind of what they do in the west but when our governments do it they talk about terrorism

The US and Israel have nothing to worry about. Iran will be turned to glass if it tries anything. Worried about enemy missles? Don't be. The US and Israel have developed THEL. Google it.

These terrorists would be worse than the current government. They behead people and don't care about it and whats to say they won't develop Nukes either? They come from a part of the world that breeds the worst extremists known to man.

As for all the things floating around about Iran I don't trust either our leaders or the media to tell the truth. (the same people who brough us Iraq are still in charge and nothing has changed) CNN got thrown out of Iran just recently for misquoting the president. Although they are back in I wonder what else thay have mis quoted and how this only strengthens the western governments position.

Iran doesn't yet have Nukes yet and won't have them till at least 2008 and thats if they go all out and thats what the western Intelligence agencies are saying.

This "Al Queda lite" group are nothing but a group of thugs who would happily behead you if they thought it would allow them to get closer to their aims.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
SwearBear, there is another use for Nuclear Weapons, its called blackmail. Even if Iran’s president is mentally stable (remember, you cant have MAD with a suicidal individual) he can still use Nuclear Weapons to threaten and blackmail other countries for whatever goals Iran has. That is simply unacceptable and a violation of the NPT.

Now, I don't know about this "group", but if Iranian citizens were to take action against this president and the Mullahs they have my support, and no doubt the support of the US Government.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Iran does not negotiate with terrorists? Iran sponsors terrorists!

Iran Sponsored
Terrorist Organizations

Lebanese Hizballah
HAMAS
Palestine Islamic Jihad
Mujahedin-e-Khalq

I'm glad the French had a different attitude way back when we needed help.

Erm, you should double-check your sources.. MKO is an terrorist-org sponsored by Saddam since the Iran-Iraq war.
IRGC is the Iranian version of the USMC.

And all the others are bassically denied by the Iranian government expect for maybe Hezbollah..

I can find links where US is said to have sponsored MKO, Al-Qaeda etc but since the US denies it, does that make it true?

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
So Iran is reaping what it has sown. However, supporting these animals is abhorant to say the least. A freedom fighter is defined by his/her actions, not their rhetoric, so is a terrorist. Let's see how these guys define themselves.
We thought Iran was better off without the Shah (oopsy!). So we support these clowns, and overthrow the current regime, and oopsy, we get the Persian version of Pol Pot, and his field of dreams. Act in haste, repent at liesure. Especially if Iran has nukes. This is a case of better the madman you know, then the madmen you don't.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by WgatensonWell, (the NEOCONS) "negotiated" with hundreds of thousands of terrorists in the afgan-russian war from 79-89. Selling them weapons, and training etc. because it seemed justified to fight the russian threat.

we didn't negotiate with terrorists during that period. rather, we armed and trained a group of people and used them as a weapon to fight against the soviet union. Sadly, what we created was modern day terrorists and even sadder, they took all that we taught them and began using their newfound means of fighting against us.

what we did was fight the soviets "covertly." It had nothing to do with negotiating and it wasn't a "neocon" thing. It was an american thing. The Soviet Union was, at the time, still communist and still an enemy. Remember, back then they boycotted the Olympics when they were here and we boycotted the Olympics when they were there.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join