It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "evil" oaths of the 33rd degree

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Baphomet isn't a "God" in the proper sense, he is often worshipped as symbolic of an unknowable God, or as an impersonal force. He is the representation of an important Masonic concept (the Marriage of Heaven and Hell of Christian Rosacreutz). Here is an explanation from Eliphas Levi of Baphomet's symbolism:

"The goat on the frontispiece carries the sign of the pentagram on the forehead, with one point at the top, a symbol of light, his two hands forming the sign of hermetism, the one pointing up to the white moon of Chesed, the other pointing down to the black one of Geburah. This sign expresses the perfect harmony of mercy with justice. His one arm is female, the other male like the ones of the androgyn of Khunrath, the attributes of which we had to unite with those of our goat because he is one and the same symbol. The flame of intelligence shining between his horns is the magic light of the universal balance, the image of the soul elevated above matter, as the flame, whilst being tied to matter, shines above it. The ugly beast's head expresses the horror of the sinner, whose materially acting, solely reponsible part has to bear the punishment exclusively; because the soul is insensitive according to its nature and can only suffer when it materializes. The rod standing instead of genitals symbolizes eternal life, the body covered with scales the water, the semi- circle above it the atmosphere, the feathers following above the volatile. Humanity is represented by the two breasts and the androgyn arms of this sphinx of the occult sciences."

pic of Baphomet to help:

Taken from Dogme et rituel de la haute magie (Dogma and ritual of High Magic). Levi was something of a hack in the occult arts (was buried with full Catholic rituals demonstrating he believed in squat he wrote about-not that I care) but his explanation is nevertheless correct. Why do Masons worship Baphomet? Because he is important as a symbol of Masonic doctrine.

To the Albert Pike apologists:

That's right.

[edit on 17-1-2006 by Nakash]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
You got that little beauty from Jack T. Chick?

You're killing me, dude...

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Nakash, are you ready?

(clears throat)

I strongly recommend some more research in this area. There is an excellent ATS search function where you can find a number of informative threads on this very topic.

I'd also personally prefer that, unless you know something for a fact, that you write your posts as such. Far too many unnecessarily heated exchanges have taken place on this forum because people have posted opinion as fact, and we don't need any more. Please confirm the source of your information and we'll go from there.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eyeofhorus
I’m back from the dead, and I have time now, so everybody look out, The eyeofhorus is watching, and plotting.

Originally posted by Mayet
I can't answer from a freemasons point of view, I am a woman but here is some idea of why there could be 33 degrees...

Finally, somebody looks at an ancient craft with ancient eyes. Is it possible that Mayet's post is true? Possibly, the method she is using is symbolic of the ancient texts, which Albert pike writes about in his book "morals and dogma" In the second or third chapter (i can't remember which) he discusses the significance of the ancient alphabets, and how numbers and letters are represented by the same symbols. This suggests mathematics and literature were one language with two separate meanings or a sort of code or doublespeak if you will.

At last someone else who sees the system through ancient eyes
. As you can probably notice, it gets ignored... strongly... I guess because it proves all current systems of workings is not universally correct. The system is pure physics, pure mathematics.. ... just pure science. It legitimizes "astrology" and "numnerology" and the "tarot" with scientific basis.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
Baphomet isn't a "God" in the proper sense, he is often worshipped as symbolic of an unknowable God, or as an impersonal force. He is the representation of an important Masonic concept (the Marriage of Heaven and Hell of Christian Rosacreutz). Here is an explanation from Eliphas Levi of Baphomet's symbolism:

Nakash,
Please help me here. I am a tad confused can you please explain "what a GOD is in a proper sense"

What is a proper God, How do you define a proper God, Does that mean then that Baphomet is an improper God?

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   

"Baphomet" is only mentioned once in Scottish Rite Masonry. In the Lecture to the 30°, while recounting the history of the Knights Templar, it is mentioned that the Templars were wronglfully accused of worshiping "Baphomet", a make-believe god invented by Phillip the Fair and Pope Clement. The name "Baphomet" is a French corruption of the name of the Prophet Muhammed, which in French is rendered "Mahomet". By accusing the Templars of worshiping Baphomet, they were in effect accusing them of converting to Islam, i.e., going over to the enemy's side. "Baphomet" therefore has nothing to do with Gnosticism, and everything to do with politics.

As far as the Chick comic strip about Pike goes, see this

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
So let's go straight to the horses mouth, since apparently some of us don't want to waste our time with something like reading and research.

In the index of morals and dogma there are references to bamphomet.

1.) 818-l "Bamphomet adored as an idol by the templars is an absurdity""

It is absurd that men of intellect adored a monstrous diol called Bamphomet, or recognized mahomet as an inspired prophet. Their symbolism, invented ages before to conceal it was dangerous to avow, was of course misunderstood by those who were not adepts, and to thier enemies seemed to be pantheistic. The calf of gold, made by Aaron for the Israeilites, was but one of the oxen under the laver of bronze, and the Karobim on the Propitiatory, misunderstood. The symbols of the wise always become the idols of the ignorant multitude. What the Chiefs oth the Order really believed and taught, is indicated to the Adepts by the hints contained in the high degrees of Free-masonry, and by the symbols which only the Adepts understand.

-Pike, chapter 30, "Knight Kadosh"

What the symbol truly represents is alluded to in chapter 28 "knight of the sun, or prince adept"

This force was known to the ancients. It is a universal agent, whose Supreme law is equilibrium; and whereby, if science can but learn how to control it, it will be possible to change the order of the Seasons, to produce in night the phenomena of day, to send a thought in an instant round the world, to heal or slay at a distance, to give our words universal success, and make them reverberate everywhere.
This agent, partially revealed by the bling guesses of the disciples of Mesmer, is precisely what the Adepts of the middle ages called the elementary matter of great work. The Gnostics held that it composed the igneous body of the Holy Spirit; and it was adored in the secret rites of the Sabbat or the Temple, Under the heiroglyphic figure of Bamphomet or the hermaphroditic goat of Mendes.

-Pike pp. 734-m

What pike is trying to get across, is the main motif and lesson of the thirty third degree. The unversal agent is BALANCE, the symbol of bamphomet is symbolic the same way the Yin-Yang is symbolic to asian culture. Those who claim pike is a satanist, because he recognizes symbolism of Bamphomet, or Lucifer (venus, the morning/evening star, represents good/evil, and perfect balanc) does not mean he worsips the devil. You are all praying on the hypotheses of the IGNORANT and UNENLIGHTENED. You are no better than the people that spread these lies to begin with.

If you are going to bash on pike, you should do him the justice of actually reading what he has to say, and not what some uneducated moron insists on babbiling about. You might find that the words he speaks are profound and elloquent. Then again you probably won't even understand what he is trying to tell you.

Ther is nothing you can say that will make what you are arguing true, as much as you try, and as many insane people you drag into this with you, there is nothing that will convince any of us that there is validity in these claims. Pike could really care less what you think of him, because he and his masonic brothers know who he was truly and it is just easier for them to say that your ignorace stands in the way of your enlightenment.

[edit on 18-1-2006 by Eyeofhorus]

Cug

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Here is an explanation from Eliphas Levi of Baphomet's symbolism:
::SNIP::

Taken from Dogme et rituel de la haute magie (Dogma and ritual of High Magic).

Man that is one weak translation. I'll stick to A.E. Waite's version. ;-)

Anyway you might want to actually read the book. right after the part you stopped at is...

Dogme et Rituel de la Haute Magie
The dread Baphomet henceforth, like all monstrous idols, enigmas of antique science and its dreams, is only an innocent and even pious hieroglyph. How should man adore the beast, since he exercises a sovereign power over it?

It's pretty clear that Levi thought the worship of Baphomet is a pretty silly idea.

To the Albert Pike apologists:

That's right.

Baphomet is Pikes belly button?

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Odd that pike would consider mohammedans 'stupid', from that quote, EofH.

Reading more on Pike, he talks about how the

Pike, Morals and Dogma
Supreme, Self-existent, Eternal, All-wise, All-powerful, Infinitely Good, Pitying, Beneficient, and Merciful Creator and Preserver of the Universe was the same, by whatever name he was called, to the intellectual and enlightened men of all nations. The name was nothing, if not a symbol and representative heiroglyph of his nature and attributes[...]Hence the name of the Deity, engraven upon the triangular plate, and that sunken into the cube of agate, taught the ancient Mason, and teaches us, that the true knowledge of God, of His nature and His attributes, is written by Him upon the leaves of the great Book of Universal Nature, and may be read there by all who are endowed with the requisite amoung of intellect and intelligence

Now if this name was Jah-bul-on, then perhaps there'd be something to consider.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Listen: Baphomet isn't a proper God (not because I dislike Baphomet). He is a symbol of BALANCE, can you worship a cross as a God ? No. It is a SYMBOL. However I have issues with this Dark/Light dualism Masons are into. Also, just because the source is Jack Chick means squat- verify that quote, it's THERE he actually said it which is ALL that matters. You can't worship Lucifer and not claim to be a Satanist. It makes no sense. It matters not if you hold him as some Manichaen "Angra- Manyu" style figure that balances the universe, you still worship a questionable figure in the theology of Christendom- End of matter. Why is this so hard for people to understand?

[edit on 18-1-2006 by Nakash]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Well I guess it all goes on to how one defines a God.

Ma et hold a similiar principle. I can see lots of symbolism in the levi drawing.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The issue here isn't whether Pike and a few of his buddies weren't Satanists. It's over who they viewed Satan to be. They view this figure as a Prometheus style deity who contributed to the advancement of humanity, and who is denigrated by Christendom due to our "ignorance" or "evil" or whatever petty title he want's to ascribe to us. I call that Bullcrap as a Christian (my duty). take your pick.

Check this out:

Monument found in a park in Tarboro, North Carolina. Ano Lucis (wonder what that means? Who was the son of the dawning/Lightbringer in the bible again ?- no it wasn't Jesus, that's BS). The year 0 of that scale will surprise a few of you as well. Do your research.

Albert Pike states within Morals and Dogma [page 631-32] that the Monad [#1] is male, and the Duad [#2] is female. Their sexual union produces the Triad [#3], which is "represented by the letter 'G', the generative principle." This term, "generative principle," is code for the sex act.

What does that symbolism remind one of ? I'm thinking Baphomet.....
also- what's this "generative" principle"? G is a created thing, and is put in extremely high places and spoken in awe inspiring terms in most lodges. It can't be God since he isn't a created thing (ie: the result of sex, see symbolism).

The complete quote from " La Femme et l' Enfant dans la Franc-Maconnerie Universelle" (pg 588)

"That which we must say to the crowd is – We worship a God, but it is the God that one adores without superstition.

"To you, Sovereign Grand Inspectors General, we say this, that you may repeat it to the Brethren of the 32nd, 31st and 30th degrees – The Masonic religion should be, by all of us initiates of the high degrees, maintained in the purity of the Luciferian doctrine.

"If Lucifer were not God, would Adonay (The God of the Christians) whose deeds prove his cruelty, perfidy, and hatred of man, barbarism and repulsion for science, would Adonay and his priests, calumniate him ?

" Yes, Lucifer is God, and unfortunately Adonay is also God. For the eternal law is that there is no light without shade, no beauty without ugliness, no white without black, for the absolute can only exist as two Gods : darkness being necessary to light to serve as its foil as the pedestal is necessary to the statue, and the brake to the locomotive.

"In analogical and universal dynamics one can only lean on that which will resist. Thus the universe is balanced by two forces which maintain its equilibrium : the force of attraction and that of repulsion. These two forces exist in physics, philosophy and religion. And the scientific reality of the divine dualism is demonstrated by the phenomena of polarity and by the universal law of sympathies and antipathies. That is why the intelligent disciples of Zoroaster, as well as after them, the Gnostics, the Manicheans and the Templars have admitted, as the only logical metaphysical conception, the system of the two divine principles fighting eternally, and one cannot believe the one inferior in power to the other.

" Thus, the doctrine of Satanism is a heresy; and the true and pure philosophic religion is the belief in Lucifer, the equal of Adonay; but Lucifer, God of Light and God of Good, is struggling for humanity against Adonay, the God of Darkness and Evil."

July 14, 1889, to the 23 Supreme Councils of the world and recorded by A. C. De La Rive in La Femme et l' Enfant dans la Franc-Maconnerie Universelle (page 588).

"The serpent is the symbol and prototype of the Universal Savior, who redeems the worlds by giving creation the knowledge of itself and the realization of good and evil." [Manly P. Hall, 33 Degree Mason, The Secret Teachings of All Ages , the Philosophical Research Society Press, p. lxxxviii.]

So now Satan is our saviour? Give me a break.....

Hall tell's us in his book, "The Lost Keys Of Freemasonry", that the properly prepared Mason had the "seething energies of Lucifer in his hands", [p. 48]

"... our mode of teaching the principles of our profession [Masonry] is derived from the Druids ... and our chief emblems originally came from Egypt ..." [William Hutchinson, Mason, The Spirit of Masonry, revised by George Oliver, New York, Bell Publishing, originally published in 1775, p. 195]

"The Druids had a high veneration for the Serpent. Their great god, Hu, was typified by that reptile; and he is represented by the Bards as 'the wonderful chief Dragon, the sovereign of heaven'." [George Oliver, Signs and Symbols, New York, Macoy Publishing and Masonic Supply Company, 1906, p. 36

The Dragon... who was this "Dragon" in the bible again?

and so forth. How can you be a Mason and NOT know what masonry is into?

[edit on 18-1-2006 by Nakash]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The bible says the devil is the ruler of this system of things. A ruler needs followers and the freemason are his followers. they will deny til the sun comes up that they worship the devil. But they do. the sign of the devil is the pentagram and the symbol of the freemason is a pentagram with a G in the middle...they are trying to imply that the devil is god. Ive noticed a huge plethora of freemasons posting and i just want you to know. Baal, baphomet, Horus, lucifer all mean one thing ---> satan the devil. Deny all you want. Just know that the devil...>>your

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
I can't answer froma freemasons point of view, I am a woman but here is some idea of why there could be 33 degrees.

www.http...://www.rejectz.com/ozc
The old system above

New System

www.rejectz.com...

www.rejectz.com...
www.rejectz.com...

This is something deciphered from knowledge passed down through the centuries. This may also have a lot to do with the 33 degrees of masonry. Unfortunately no masons going to tell us either way truthfully. Part of a fraternal secret.

I really need to sit down and write a commentary on the manuscript because to the average person it looks like a pretty cute balanced numbers set but the applications of the energy fields and so on is not easily grasped at first glance.

Its based on the four elements, the zodiac circle, the planets,22 letters of the ancient alphabet, the electromagnetic energy fields of our universe, pos and neg attraction and more..

[edit on 16-1-2006 by Mayet]

what you get is 666. in atriangle
3+3=6
3+3=6
3+3=6

666 3 times in a triangle.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Also, just because the source is Jack Chick means squat- verify that quote, it's THERE he actually said it which is ALL that matters.

No, he didn't say it, as was the point in my previous post. The fake quote given by Chick was never uttered or penned by Pike: it was written by anti-Mason Leo Taxil and attributed to Pike.

It matters not if you hold him as some Manichaen "Angra- Manyu" style figure that balances the universe, you still worship a questionable figure in the theology of Christendom- End of matter.

Wrong again. Angra-Mainyu is a concept in Zoroastrianism, and is not a figure in Christian theology. Also, to insinuate that Pike worshiped Angra-Mainyu is absurd.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by rowdyroddy
Baal, baphomet, Horus, lucifer all mean one thing ---> satan the devil.

And I suppose Zeus is Santa Claus and Allah is the Easter Bunny?

40,000,000 years of evolution, and roddy's post is the end result.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Why is this so hard for people to understand?

Why is it so hard to understand that

1. Masons don't worship baphomet
  2. Masons don't worship Lucifer
  3. Mason's don't worship jahbulon

Including pike. You have done nothing to even hint at that this is what they do. You have presented a probable misquote or even possibly an outright lie from a known propagandist-cartoonist. Do you have anything that actually shows that masons worship these things?

Ano Lucis (wonder what that means

Anno Lucis means 'year of light'. Not 'year of lucifer, or dark lord, mwa hahahahaha!'. Its similar to AM, Anno Mundi, which was

en.wikipedia.org...
used for all first millennium world eras of the early Christian chronographers

The year 0 of that scale

It's around 4000 BC, the traditional biblical date for the creation of the world. How evil, making a bible reference.

Their sexual union produces the Triad [#3], which is "represented by the letter 'G', the generative principle." This term, "generative principle," is code for the sex act.

Actually what he says is

Pike Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite
It is to be noted that the name of god in Latin and French (deus, Dieu), has for its inital the Delta or Greek Triangle. Such is the reason, among ancients and moderns, for he consecration of the Triangle, whose three sides are emblems of the three Kingdoms, or Nature, or God. In the centre is the Hebrew JOD (initial of [hebrew letters]), the Animating Spirit of Fire, the generative principle, represented by the Letter G., initial of the dame of Diety in the languages of the North, and the meaning whereof is Generation

He's not talking about copulation. The Animating Spirit is not coitus.

As far as the male and female, the Monad

was male, because its action produces no change in itself, but only out of itself. It represented the creative principle. The Duad, for a contrary reason, was female, ever changing by addition, subtraction, or multiplication. It represents matter capable of form.
The union of the Monad and Duad produces the Treiad, signifying the world formed by the createive principle out of matter. Pythagoras represented the world by the right-angled triangle, in which the squeares of the two shortest sides are equal, added together, to the square of the longest one; as the world, as formed, is equal to the creative cause, and matter clothed with form.

Not to mention that this is all amoung chapters that are looking at different mythologies and cosmologies of the world and trying to explain them in pseudo-philosophical terms.

[edit on 19-1-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

"Baphomet" is only mentioned once in Scottish Rite Masonry. In the Lecture to the 30°, while recounting the history of the Knights Templar, it is mentioned that the Templars were wronglfully accused of worshiping "Baphomet", a make-believe god invented by Phillip the Fair and Pope Clement. The name "Baphomet" is a French corruption of the name of the Prophet Muhammed, which in French is rendered "Mahomet". By accusing the Templars of worshiping Baphomet, they were in effect accusing them of converting to Islam, i.e., going over to the enemy's side. "Baphomet" therefore has nothing to do with Gnosticism, and everything to do with politics.

As far as the Chick comic strip about Pike goes, see this

Wowsers. There's an obscure tid-bit of info.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   

"The serpent is the symbol and prototype of the Universal Savior, who redeems the worlds by giving creation the knowledge of itself and the realization of good and evil." [Manly P. Hall, 33 Degree Mason, The Secret Teachings of All Ages , the Philosophical Research Society Press, p. lxxxviii.]

So now Satan is our saviour? Give me a break.....

Moses' Brazen Serpent was a representation of Jesus Christ.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
OK:

Moses' Brazen Serpent was a representation of Jesus Christ.

Let's settle this issue. Jesus Christ is regarded to be the angel of the Lord (Malak YHWH) within Christian theology. The pre-incarnate Christ was rightfully regarded by the wise early church fathers to be the head of the angelic hosts. The dragon is the holy form of many of the higher ranking hosts, HOWEVER it is also a Satanic sign in many cases and quite prevalent in paganism. It is being used in the said sense here. The Serpent was not the saviour of Christianity.

Anno Lucis means 'year of light'. Not 'year of lucifer, or dark lord, mwa hahahahaha!'. Its similar to AM, Anno Mundi

Ano Lucis was used in the Roman empire in connection to their Gods (also Egypt). The date which starts the chronology is considered by many orthodox Christian scholars to be the year a disagreement happened between Satan and the other hosts. Coincidence? I think not.

Wrong again. Angra-Mainyu is a concept in Zoroastrianism, and is not a figure in Christian theology. Also, to insinuate that Pike worshiped Angra-Mainyu is absurd.

I NEVER said Pike worshipped Angra-Mainyu, but Zoroastrian dualisms are widely held in esteem within Masonry, and Pike certainly made the connection.

Now let's cut the BS. Look at some of Masonry's famous members:

* Arthur Edward Waite - occult writer and Masonic historian.
* Dr. Wynn Westcott - member of the Societas Rosicruciana in Anglia and founding member of the occult Order of the Golden Dawn. All three of the original founders of the Golden Dawn were Freemasons: Dr. William Wynn Westcott, Dr. William Woodman, and S.L. MacGregor Mathers joined to practice ritual magic and occultism.
* Aleister Crowley - master satanist of this century and founder of the anti-christ religion of Thelema.
* Dr. Gerard Encaussé - (Papus) masterful author, teacher of the Tarot and leader of the occult Martinistes society.
* Dr. Theodore Reuss - head of the O.T.O., a German occult/satanic society which made Crowley its head for the British Isles.
* George Pickingill - the master warlock (male witch) of 19th century England, leader of the "Pickingill covens."
* Annie Besant - leader of the occult Theosophical society and Co-Masonic hierarch. (Yes, there are female Masons!)
* Alice Bailey - founder of the New Age organization, Lucis (formerly Lucifer) Trust.
* Bishop C. W. Leadbetter - Theosophist, mentor to the failed New Age "Christ", Krishnamurti, and prelate in the occult Liberal Catholic Church.
* Manly P. Hall - Rosicrucian adept, author, founder of the Philosophical Research Society.
* Gerald B. Gardner - founder of the modern Wiccan (white Witchcraft) revival.
* Alex Sanders - self-styled "King of the Witches" in London and one of the most influential leaders of Wicca after Gardner.
* Helena Petrovna (HP) Blavatsky- 'Mother' of the modern New Age Movement and co-founder (along with Freemason, Henry Steel Olcott) of the Theosophical Society. Her most famous book, The Secret Doctrine, is one of the foundational occult works of all time. Her preeminently wicked book made no distinction between the serpent and the God of the Bible and taught that Satan was the one that made man into a god. Pike was a member of the Theosophical Society and was instrumental in her awarding of a Masonic certificate in the Ancient and Primitive Rite of Masonry in 1877.
* Foster Bailey 32° Mason, whose wife Alice P Bailey was the “matriarch” of the New Age until her death in the 1970’s. Alice Bailey said of Masonry “It is a far more occult organization than can be realized, and is intended to be the training school for the coming advanced occultists.”

Aleister Crowley, the self proclaimed “Beast 666” tells in his own words how Freemason Theodor Reuss recruited him into the O.T.O. (Ordo Templi Orientis) another secretive society linking, once again, Masonry to wicked secretive organizations.
“Although I was admitted to the thirty-third and last degree of Freemasonry so long ago as 1900, it was not until the summer of 1912 that my suspicion was confirmed. I speak of my belief that behind the frivolities and convivialities of our greatest institution lay in truth a secret ineffable and miraculous, potent to control the forces of Nature, and not only to make men brethren, but to make them divine. But at the time I speak of a man came to me, a man of those mysterious masters of esoteric Freemasonry who are alike its Eyes and its Brains, and who exist in its midst unknown, often, even to its acknowledged chiefs . . . This man had been watching my occult career for some years, and deemed me now worthy to partake in the Greater Mysteries.”

If masonry is so Christian, and good and nice, why were these people so entrenched into masonic doctrine and honoured in every single lodge? Really, I love the fact that most Masons want to do good deeds
and so forth, but their leadership....I mean please.

More quotes from Pike:

“The conviction of all men that God is good led to a belief in a devil...”(Albert Pike, "Morals and Dogma." 19th Degree, p. 324)

“...there is no rebellious demon of Evil, or Principle of Darkness coexistent and in eternal controversy with God, or the Principle of Light...”(Ibid. 32nd Degree, p.859)

“There is no rival God ever at war with THE INEFFABLE; nor any independent and self-existent Evil Principle in rebellion against Him.” (Pike, “The Meaning of Masonry, op cit. p57).

“Lucifer, the Light-bearer! Strange and mysterious name to give to the Spirit of Darkness! Lucifer, the son of the morning! Is it he who bears the Light, and with it's splendors intolerable blinds feeble, sensual or selfish Souls? Doubt it not!”(Morals and Dogma op cit. p321)

“The Blue Degrees are but the portico (porch) of the Temple. Part of the symbols are displayed there to the initiate, but he is intentionally misled by false interpretations. It is not intended that he shall understand them; but it is intended that he shall imagine that he understands them...their true explication (explanation/understanding) is reserved for the Adepts, the Princes of Masonry.” (Pike, “Morals and Dogma” 30th Degree, p. 189)

“Masonry, like all the Religions, all the Mysteries, Hermeticism, and Alchemy, conceals its secrets from all except the Adepts, and Sages, or the Elect, and uses false explanations and misinterpretation of its symbols to mislead those who deserve only to be misled, to conceal the Truth, which it calls Light, from them, and to draw them away from it. ....So Masonry jealously conceals its secrets and intentionally leads conceited interpreters astray."(Ibid. pp 103-104)

"To prevent the light from escaping at once the Demons forbade Adam to eat the fruit of 'Knowledge of good and evil,' by which he would have known the Empire of Light and that of Darkness. He obeyed; an Angel of Light induced him to transgress, and gave him the means of victory; but the Demons created Eve, who seduced him into an act of Sensualism. That enfeebled him, and bound him anew in the bonds of matter. This is repeated in the case of every man that lives."
(Morals and Dogma page 567)

Just grab a copy of Morals and Dogmas.

More (not from Pike):

Manly P. Hall (Scottish rites, 33rd degree) says the following about ancient Mystery religions and their ties to Freemasonry:

“Every pagan nation had [and has) not only its state religion, but another into which the philosophic elect alone have gained entrance. Many of these ancient cults vanished from the earth without revealing their secrets, but a few have survived the test of ages and their mysteries’ symbols are still preserved. Much of the ritualism of Freemasonry is based on the trials to which candidates were subjected by the ancient hierophants before the keys of wisdom were entrusted to them."

“Sun worship played an important part in nearly all the early pagan Mysteries. The Solar Deity ... was slain by wicked ruffians, who personified the evil principle of the universe. By means of certain rituals and ceremonies, symbolic of purification and regeneration, this wonderful God of Good was brought back to life and became the Savior of His people ... in Masonry, the ancient religious and philosophical principles still survive.”

So the great God of masonry is finally revealed. Here he is:

“… Horus, the Son of Osiris, himself symbolized also by the Sun, … (Morals and Dogmas p.15)”

“The horned serpent was the hieroglyphic for a God, (p. 495)”

• The God or Elohim of the Bible is a rival of the pagan deities Osiris and Baal “…… AL, AL Schadi, Alohayim, and Adonai; as Chief or Commander of the Heavenly Armies; as the aggregate of the Forces Alohayim of [Nature]; as the Mighty, the Victorious, the Rival of Baal and Osiris (p. 697);”

• The Sun is the hieroglyphical sign of the Truth, because it is the source of light…. (p. 776)”

• Masonry is a march and struggle toward the Light (p. 32).

"Everything good in nature comes from OSIRIS - order, harmony, and the favorable temperature of the seasons and celestial periods." (page 476
Encyclopedia of Freemasonry, Albert G. Mackey, Revised Edition)

More on Masonic connections to Satanism:

“When the Mason learns the key to the warrior on the block is the proper application of the dynamo of living power, he has learned the mystery of his Craft. The seething energies of Lucifer are in his hands and before he may step onward and upward, he must prove his ability to properly apply energy. ‘

“The True name of Satan… is that of Yahveh, reversed; for Satan is not a black god, but the negation of God The Devil is the personification of Atheism or Idolatry. Satan ... this is not a Person, but a force, created for good, but which may serve as evil (p. 102).”

“To prevent the light from escaping at once, the Demons forbade Adam to eat the fruit of ‘knowledge of good and evil’ by which he would have known of the Empire of Light and that of Darkness. He obeyed; an Angel of Light induced him to transgress . . . (p. 567).”

Taken from "The Lost keys of Freemasonry by Manley P. Hall (33rd Degree, Scottish rites)

Here's some advice for Masons:

“Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? 16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.” (2 Cor 6:14-18 KJV)

What kinship does God have with Satan? That's a question you should ponder.

[edit on 19-1-2006 by Nakash]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join