It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "evil" oaths of the 33rd degree

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason
reply to post by savagediver

I typed out a long reply to your post and lost it. Basically you need to do the research from real sources. Anti-mason sources want to scare you and prey on your fears.

How exactly is freemasonry secret when (1) the members announce their membership and wear jewelry proclaiming it, (2) the places and times of meetings are announced, and (3) the leaders of the organization have all their information plastered across countless websites?

As to the "symbols in DC" stuff, that doesn't exist. The shapes either aren't there and are just anti-masons drawing random lines, or they are simply what happens when lots of diagonal streets and straight streets come together in a small area, you can draw anything. Its all the power of suggestion, making you believe in something that is not really there.

You should talk to your father and brother. They are the best people to show you how your concerns are not based on the facts of the matter. They can even provide you with real, non anti-mason materials to do real research about the subject.

I would need to become a mason to aqeduately evaluate it, since the "secret" is kept and guarded within the inner circle, but don't want to because I think it runs contrary to the will of God for humanity as expressed through Jesus Christ, something of immense significance, and proportion.

Like I was saying, the Druidic Babylonian and Egyptian Helliocentric Sun-God orientation, at the very heart of Masonry, it would appear through any amount of research to be a framework, which Christ in effect replaced, and transcended, pointing to himself and his inner being and true nature as the light of life, and illumination, and yes, his philosophy was founded on the Golden Rule. Christ IS the Golden Rule, personified, as far as I can tell. There is a saying of "place principals before personalities" but in the Christian framework, we see the principal made manifest as a peronsality, and that's an infinite wonder, particularly as it relates to the fundamental problem of human evil within the relative framework of the brotherhood of man. Jesus Christ is the true measure of a man, by any standard. And he did say "it was the stone rejected by the builders, that became the keystone" - what builders was he referring to, if not those of the tradition of the Temple and Rome, and of empire in General.

If Masons and Freemasonry could be likened to the setting of societal keystonestones within emergent communities, via laylines in perfect, harmonic alignemnt with the creator's design - how is it that the world we live in is utterly corrupted by the curse of man. We all intuit I think correctly, or most of us do, especially at a board like this, that a big part of what may be wrong with the world lurks in the domain of empire building secret societies. The "keepers of the flame" have dropped the ball you could say, and we all know that. We see a global power grid and an evil system in the world, and while at one level perhaps only the individual can be the final solution to the transformation of the world without, and it's as if there's little or nothing we can do to change it, these groups and methologies are so entrenched - can you blame us for looking suspiciously at all the secret societies and secret groups and realms of power and authority, as to a root cause or the cause without?

Empire Builders. Sun Worshippers. This is what we see when we look at Freemasonry, and we look at the who's who list as well, and for God's sake it makes us damn wonder what the #.. ya know? I'm sure most everyone can relate to what I'm saying here.

And if you ARE in any way into a Luciferian Occult system, and can perceive that to be the case, then for God's sake men, get out of it! Use Christ as the model and be the cornerstone

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
of the royal arch through which humanity may one day pass into everylasting peace and freedom.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
I would need to become a mason to aqeduately evaluate it, since the "secret" is kept and guarded within the inner circle, but don't want to because I think it runs contrary to the will of God for humanity as expressed through Jesus Christ, something of immense significance, and proportion.

I feel like a broken record, but really this is beginning to get annoying: where are you getting all this false information? You believe stuff that absolutely is not true and you would know that if you bothered to do even the most basic research you could find that out. It appears as though your agenda is to spread disinformation, since you clearly are not interested in the truth.

There is no "secret" guarded by any "inner circle" because there is no inner circle. Freemasonry is completely compatible with any religion, including Christianity. It is a secular fraternity. Those are the facts.

Like I was saying, the Druidic Babylonian and Egyptian Helliocentric Sun-God orientation, at the very heart of Masonry, it would appear through any amount of research to be a framework, which Christ in effect replaced, and transcended, pointing to himself and his inner being and true nature as the light of life, and illumination, and yes, his philosophy was founded on the Golden Rule. Christ IS the Golden Rule, personified, as far as I can tell. There is a saying of "place principals before personalities" but in the Christian framework, we see the principal made manifest as a peronsality, and that's an infinite wonder, particularly as it relates to the fundamental problem of human evil within the relative framework of the brotherhood of man. Jesus Christ is the true measure of a man, by any standard. And he did say "it was the stone rejected by the builders, that became the keystone" - what builders was he referring to, if not those of the tradition of the Temple and Rome, and of empire in General.

As usual, completely wrong. Freemasonry emerged in the 14th century, there is nothing druidic, Babylonian, or Egyptian about it. It attempts to replace no one and has no doctrine or any opinion on salvation - those are matters of religion. Stop spreading this disinformation. You are waging a war with lies and myths.

If Masons and Freemasonry could be likened to the setting of societal keystonestones within emergent communities, via laylines in perfect, harmonic alignemnt with the creator's design - how is it that the world we live in is utterly corrupted by the curse of man. We all intuit I think correctly, or most of us do, especially at a board like this, that a big part of what may be wrong with the world lurks in the domain of empire building secret societies. The "keepers of the flame" have dropped the ball you could say, and we all know that. We see a global power grid and an evil system in the world, and while at one level perhaps only the individual can be the final solution to the transformation of the world without, and it's as if there's little or nothing we can do to change it, these groups and methologies are so entrenched - can you blame us for looking suspiciously at all the secret societies and secret groups and realms of power and authority, as to a root cause or the cause without?

Except that is not something masons can be likened to. You appear to making all this up as you go along, because it certainly has not basis in the facts.

Empire Builders. Sun Worshippers. This is what we see when we look at Freemasonry, and we look at the who's who list as well, and for God's sake it makes us damn wonder what the #.. ya know? I'm sure most everyone can relate to what I'm saying here.

No, most can't. Because most of ATS deals with the facts, and you deal in myths that you want to believe. I have never met a single Freemason who is a "sun worshipper," although there could be one. Nor 1 "empire builder."

It is clear that you are not interested in the facts. You just want to randomly opine your dogma based in myths and illusions and you refuse to do the research. You are blinded by Lucifer.

And if you ARE in any way into a Luciferian Occult system, and can perceive that to be the case, then for God's sake men, get out of it! Use Christ as the model and be the cornerstone

There is not such thing as a "Lucifer occult system", especially not in freemasonry. But I pray that you will get out of the sin of pride, arrogance, and stop following the prince of lies and actually follow God. You do not follow Jesus Christ, because he does not follow lies like that which you believe in.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

As usual, completely wrong. Freemasonry emerged in the 14th century, there is nothing druidic, Babylonian, or Egyptian about it.

My understanding was that Masonry emerged around the 1700's, are you refering to the manuscript that's been talked about?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Yes - freemasonry as we know it TODAY certainly did emerge in the 17th century, but there is evidence that it may go as far back as the 14th century. That is, of course, a matter of some debate at least - I simply state the 14th century because it is far back as any actual evidence that could be uncovered by any reasonable researcher could go. There is a likelihood that there is a strong connection to Scottish stone mason guilds of the era, although any connection further back in time is simply myth.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

OmegaPoint you write "This is what we see when we look at Freemasonry, and we look at the who's who list as well, and for God's sake it makes us damn wonder what the #.. ya know?"

You take that same list and find not only Masons but also Christians and very active Christians. Men who made a positive impact for their faith and their God Maybe you should take a look at what Christian leaders are Masons. You'd notice men of various denominations whos theology was not questioned by their Masonic membership.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

of the royal arch through which humanity may one day pass into everylasting peace and freedom.

Ever hear of the Royal Arch Degrees?

Interesting use of metaphor there.

The Royal Arch Degrees begin with the Mark Master Degree, which is based on a (GASP!) parable from the New Testament.

www.watchtower.org...

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Look at the advertising on this site... "stop a nuclear Iran"
nothing but propaganda. Israel, Mossad, and CIA want to invade Iran although the uranium they have is only energy grade, they'd like you to think there are "weapons of mass destruction" there. don't buy it.
ATS is a CIA run site and if you cant see why they would run a site like this, then I have a bridge to sell you.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by isisinanna

reply to post by Mayet

But the Scottish Rite is not the highest level or grade. It's just a branch off of the Master Mason (which is the highest degree).

Freemasonry isn't just a ladder to climb ending in the 33rd degree, but a tree with several branches leading out from the Master Mason, but none are "higher" or "more important" as the Master Mason. The York Rite has 7 additional degrees and 3 orders it confers on a candidate. You also have the Shriners, Order of the Eastern Star, Amaranth, Grotto, Rainbow Girls, Job's Daughter, and DeMoley.

Originally posted by rowdyroddy
But they do the sign of the devil is the pentagram and the symbol of the freemason is a pentagram with a G in the middle...they are trying to imply that the devil is god.

If anything the Square and Compass resembles a 6-sided star which we know isn't a pentagram.

Originally posted by rowdyroddy
Baal, baphomet, Horus, lucifer all mean one thing ---> satan the devil. Deny all you want.

Baphomet has already been written about earlier. Lucifer though, religious scholars are not positive that Lucifer is indeed Satan/Devil. Lucifer is only mentioned once in the Bible (Isaiah 14:12). Plus Freemasonry teaches the Brother to worship in their own way to the god of their belief.

That is what a Worshipful Master of a Lodge told me, as far as the 33 degrees go.

If true, then he told you wrong. On a side track, him being a Worshipful Master means nothing in the Scottish Rite. A Worshipful Master is in charge of a Craft Masonry Lodge (aka Blue Lodge).

Originally posted by emsed1
Instead of a replacement belief system what I have found is a very useful set of lessons that enhance and complement the lessons of Christ.

Me too.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Save your breath, brother. Neither of the people you're replying to have been on in more than 2 years...

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I love Newton's laws of motion and I strive for the wonders of balance.

I believe as you work your way through the enlightenment of masonry,
you strive ever closer to the balance.

Working your way upwardly from a position in which you care to having positivity as your legacy in this world to an enlightened realization of the wonders of neutrality. But there needs to be the balance! What may be the truth that is hidden atop the pyramid.

"When we're deluded there's a world to escape. When we're aware, there's nothing to escape." ~Bodhidharma~

To be knowing of the truth you must look within.By looking outward to others,you are being nothing but deluded.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason

[...]

There is no "secret" guarded by any "inner circle" because there is no inner circle. Freemasonry is completely compatible with any religion, including Christianity. It is a secular fraternity. Those are the facts.

I don't know anything about Freemasonry and feel there appears to be some sort of 'secret' going on in this 'fraternity'. Think of it like being part of a family, whereby bloodlines keep to themselves and in-laws are considered outsiders. But what do 'outsiders' know what the 'inner circle' would never disclose?

Truly, I believe in my opinion that anything kept secret (and behind closed doors) goes against core values of getting along with each other regardless of bloodlines or associations, like Freemasonry.

[edit on 2009-2-22 by pikypiky]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
Truly, I believe in my opinion that anything kept secret (and behind closed doors) goes against core values of getting along with each other regardless of bloodlines or associations, like Freemasonry.
Assuming you are employed, do your coworkers know how much you make? Do you know how much your coworkers make? Strangely, in the workplace, if different employees earn different salaries, and those salaries become common knowledge, there will often be resentment of those earning more from those earning less. If this knowledge were open, and not secret, do you think the workplace would be more harmonious?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join