It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "evil" oaths of the 33rd degree

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well, according to David Icke and other legally-retarded, oxygen-wasting individuals, Freemasons don't learn of the evil agenda of the Brotherhood until they receive the 33rd degree, where they make an oath with Satan and are inducted into the Illuminati where they will plot to take over the world.

Here are some excerpts from the 33rd degree, which were taken from an anti-Masonic site:

"
GRAND COMMANDER: Maintain your honor to your Fatherland. Be prepared to die to defend its rights. Labor for the peoples to move securely a lawful freedom, but do not flatter it and do not fear to tell useful truths; never seek frivolous popularity.

Take of yourself the trouble to instruct the people, to enlighten them, to better them, without ever threatening or to try to lead them astray, or to make them serve you as an instrument.

Never give support to any actions of unfaithfulness to the nation, do not support evil, defend no errors, do not keep the truth hidden in avail for someone or for special interests; consider yourself as a defender of public morality. Contemplate the tyrant and the people's demagogue as evenly contemptuous of the freedom of conscience. May your motto in the future as citizenship be; Freedom with order, Equality with honor for the lawful authority, Brotherhood with justice.

Do you promise yourself conduct honor with uprightness as a citizen for continuing in the agreement to be done with these rules and the obligations to be acknowledged, that they put upon you necessary?

CANDIDATE: This I promise.

www.gaiaguys.net...

Edit: Copy and paste removed, link added.

Please review this on posting material written by others:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 12-1-2006 by intrepid]

[edit on 12-1-2006 by Ralph_The_Wonder_Llama]

I suggest that you don't edit my edit again.

[edit on 12-1-2006 by intrepid]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
You can't really rely on any information that you find online.. in truth the only way to know is to do it.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
What I am trying to say is that a site stole the 33rd degree ritual in an attempt to use it in an anti-masonic nature, but it seems to have backfired - the ritual shines a good light on masonry.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
That is very true. ONLY higher levels are allowed the 'right' to learn and know of the REAL stuff that is going on and being planned for.........

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Isisinanna, what is your proof of this? Can you not see that the ritual above is not evil? In fact it says do not support evil?????

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The problem with some people is that they only see the bad things in life, their glass is half empty never full. Some of these people have an agenda to go out of their way to lie about Freemasonry and Freemasons. They will accept any bad PR without the need for it to be proved. As a Freemason I can tell you that I do not plan World revolution, worship the Devil, drink the blood of the first born or second ..... My Freemasonry and all Regular Freemasons; take their Freemasonry from the bible. I also do not drug animals or destroy toilets.

Gerard

[edit on 15-1-2006 by Gerard]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Honestly.. The Gaiaguys have proved they don' t have a clue the area of Masonic traditions.

How do I know this, because our government and courts fined them for anti masonic and anti OTO slander. They were found guilty of knowingly having falsehoods on their site. I hate to even say this about a conspiracy website but the gaiaguys have shown they are not honest and post things for sensational value, like calling masons and oto organizations paedophiles and satan worshippers.

Having said all that i do not doubt that the lower grades do not know the oath and rituals of the 33rd degree.
That is why they are lower grades and the 33 degree is a rarely bestowed higher grade.

I do not doubt that there is hidden agendas of the masons but once again I for one, take these 'satanist" claims as baseless and anti masonic propaganda designed to create sensationalism.

As said before on otehr thread, the gaiaguys may have some interesting and good value work on their site but seeing as you have to wade through a lot of crap to find if it exists, I for one couldn't be bothered.

No one knows what goes on inside a masonic 33rd degree ritual except the highest of high masons themselves and I doubt very much they will sell out the brotherhood.

Don't get me wrong, I have my own issues with freemasonry.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Mr. freemason, why are there 33 degrees in the free masonry?

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I can't answer froma freemasons point of view, I am a woman but here is some idea of why there could be 33 degrees.

www.http...://www.rejectz.com/ozc
The old system above

New System

www.rejectz.com...

www.rejectz.com...
www.rejectz.com...

This is something deciphered from knowledge passed down through the centuries. This may also have a lot to do with the 33 degrees of masonry. Unfortunately no masons going to tell us either way truthfully. Part of a fraternal secret.

I really need to sit down and write a commentary on the manuscript because to the average person it looks like a pretty cute balanced numbers set but the applications of the energy fields and so on is not easily grasped at first glance.

Its based on the four elements, the zodiac circle, the planets,22 letters of the ancient alphabet, the electromagnetic energy fields of our universe, pos and neg attraction and more..

[edit on 16-1-2006 by Mayet]

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by shyataroo

Actually, although there are only 3 degrees in Craft freemasonry, if you include all the known side degrees there are several hundred! The 33 degrees of the A&A are just part of the picture.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
This is something deciphered from knowledge passed down through the centuries. This may also have a lot to do with the 33 degrees of masonry. Unfortunately no masons going to tell us either way truthfully. Part of a fraternal secret.

Masons will tell you more than you think, if you ask nicely. However on this occasion I don't know the specific reason for the number of degrees in the A&A, although I believe it is one for every year of Christ's life.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   

There aren't. There are 33 degrees in the Scottish Rite. Other Masonic Rites have a different number of degrees, some more, some more less.

The reason that the Scottish Rite has 33 degrees is that this Rite is the result of combining the 25 degrees of the extant French Rite of Perfection with 8 degrees taken from the Philosophical Rite.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I’m back from the dead, and I have time now, so everybody look out, The eyeofhorus is watching, and plotting.

Originally posted by Mayet
I can't answer from a freemasons point of view, I am a woman but here is some idea of why there could be 33 degrees...

Finally, somebody looks at an ancient craft with ancient eyes. Is it possible that Mayet's post is true? Possibly, the method she is using is symbolic of the ancient texts, which Albert pike writes about in his book "morals and dogma" In the second or third chapter (i can't remember which) he discusses the significance of the ancient alphabets, and how numbers and letters are represented by the same symbols. This suggests mathematics and literature were one language with two separate meanings or a sort of code or doublespeak if you will.

Pike also discuses the significance of these numbers, the most basic being the symbolism of the single, the duad and the triad. All of the symbols for these numbers were representative of some alphabetic character, which had some greater meaning. This is a very basic outline of the system of ancient language. In all reality the context of words is not even close to the contexts of mathematics. As an engineering major, and avid conspiracy buff, I get to mess with numbers all of the time, and I still am working on a paper involving mathematics and contexts of ancient languages.

Some good introduction to ancient language is compiled at

www.ancientscripts.com...

From what I have found the best Language to look at is one of the more modern of the ancient languages, similar to Greek, it is the Coptic alphabet. One of the possible ancient traditions shared amongst the history of the Masonic brotherhood.

www.ancientscripts.com...

Back to the original post I go....

Calling Icke a "legally retarded" person my be pushing it, as much as I tend to sometimes agree. He is simply acting in the basic manner, and attacking that which he does not understand. It is the easiest way to appeal to the idiot masses. Using shock value he slowly builds wild theories that are hard to disprove, however unlikely. This tends to make me angry considering that I know in my heart that they are largely untrue.

He would gain larger credibility if attempted to reach out and understand the Masonic tradition, first understanding the ideologies and languages of the masons. Above, I use pike as an example in significance of ancient alphabets. Pike may just be one of the most misunderstood authors in our country's history. His work "morals and dogma" is a transcendental/philosophical work; each degree of the "ancient and accepted rite" is outlined by a philosophy on governance, opposing tyranny, freedom, history, and life in general.

Pikes work is one of the most attacked pieces of literature in the Masonic organization. Today It is not even used in any mainstream way amongst masonry. One of the most attacked passages in the literature contains the word "Lucifer, bringer of light" Icke, and most "legal retards" immediately make the modern connection, assuming that it means Satan. WRONG. It is a simple pagan reference to the planet Venus, the morning star/evening star. Pike uses Venus to emphasize the topic of balance; which is the main motif and lesson of M&D.

Those who do not understand Pike are those who have not researched him well enough to know what he was and who he became. Rumors of a bracelet, which had the power to summon the devil, as well as many other ties to Satan, are gross oversights of the ignorant. He was simply living the balance, which is the lesson of the 33rd degree in M&D. Truthfully he was not a Satanist, nor did he know the prince of darkness. He is a man who unified the philosophical works of the ancients into one unified text for his brothers. He was an incredibly bright, master of ancient languages and arcane texts. He was stranded in the wilderness for a long time, and he became a transcendental survivalist. Anyone who knows the transcendental authors knows that until you remove yourself from society as a whole, and disconnect with the language of the people; you cannot truly understand the language of the earth and of nature. Pike spoke the language of the earth and trees, he told of his struggle with nature, and he used it to build his knowledge of his surroundings. Rather opposite of Icke and his followers, who cling to society for answers, and the result, is the blind leading the blind.

Of those who read pike's "morals and dogma" less than 10% finish it, less then 10% of those who finish it understand what he is truly saying, and even less practice what he preaches in the text. He must be laughing at all the mason haters, as they make themselves look like idiots, and the people that hang on their every word.

Half as high as heaven, twice as loud as reason.

[edit on 16-1-2006 by Eyeofhorus]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

There aren't. There are 33 degrees in the Scottish Rite. Other Masonic Rites have a different number of degrees, some more, some more less.

The reason that the Scottish Rite has 33 degrees is that this Rite is the result of combining the 25 degrees of the extant French Rite of Perfection with 8 degrees taken from the Philosophical Rite.

Masonic Light is probably the most informed (and informative) person on the site, as far as Masonry is concerned. Not only does he know the rituals of Masonry, he knows the multiple theories about the Brotherhood's origin, and the significance of all the rituals.

He gets my vote for being an extremely fair, open, and truthful source on Masonry.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but Most high level Masons follow a gnostic theology with clear Satanist overtones. A former teacher of mine (long time Oxford Dean and Rhodes scholar) was a mason and showed me some of the stuff they are into. Baphomet is worshipped in the 33rd degree of the Scottish rites (not as a physical deity most of the time, but as a sort of impersonal force opposed to Adonai, the OT God. They call Adonai "the filthy Goat", Satan is the heroe most of the time,). William Blake is a favourite of Masons all over the World, his works are widely read and admired, a paganistic world view where two manichaen forces are in constant dualism is a key part of Masonic belief. Masons never identify these forces as a specific God, rather they adhere to the belief that "All religions have these facets in essence" (why an important Goal of lower degree masons is to foster Religion, just religion- not any specific one). The "Light" can be all that is good from the primal Godhead (be it Osiris, Baal, Odin, or any other primary deity within a specific cosmology) , and the aim of most Masons is to "Heighten" the influence of that aspect within a society. The problem is that many High level Masons overlap the Good with the Bad (since many "Good" figures in a specific cosmology are evil in others, and vice-versa. Or they are just ambiguos. Here we go into complex Kabbalistic and Hermetic beliefs). A primary goal of Masonry is the search for the ideal which should be defended (the stone). Many Masons side with what we would call "Evil"- it's their interpretation of the ideals which they should foster within a society by any means.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
a mason

Who?

and showed me some of the stuff they are into. Baphomet is worshipped in the 33rd degree of the Scottish rites

How did he show this to you? Via a ritual in the 33rd degree?

William Blake is a favourite of Masons

You don't think that the fact that the guy who told you this stuff was an englishman at oxford had anything to do with him liking Blake?

A primary goal of Masonry is the search for the ideal which should be defended (the stone).

By this you mean the philosopher's stone? Why have you called it the stone here?

[edit on 17-1-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The Philosopher's stone has nothing to do with turning lead into Gold (alchemy also has much less mundane goals in general). No, My Prof. was a Scot, I mentioned William Blake because he was an important Gnostic poet and his views are found in many Masonic circles (Blake was definitely a genius and I have most of his works btw, complete with stenographs). Your surprised Baphomet is worshipped in Masonry? Of course he is, the marriage of Heaven and Hell ("as above so below",), the emphasis on the Hermaphroditic natures of human thought and philosophy, the revision of the OT in favour of an unorthodox view of it's theology with a heavy gnostic bent, these are all important concepts of Masonry and that's what Baphomet symbolizes to the initiated. These concepts are also (unsurprisingly) important in Satanism.

[edit on 17-1-2006 by Nakash]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Apart from the "literature" of Taxil (which is generally the source of these accusations), and your own unverifiable personal anecdote, do you have any evidence of this Masonic worship of Baphomet? I'm keenly interested.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
IOW, you have no idea if the masons do or do not have anything to do with baphomet or jahbulon or any of that, or at least can't say present anything like certifiable evidence. Like, what degree is baphomet in and how is he presented, quotes, etc.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
My understanding of the 33rd degree is that it is awarded to those scottish rite masons that have done great things in the scottish rite, masonry, their community etc. When elected to recieve the degree, they go through a ceremony, which is quite spectacular and frought with meaning. It is called an executive ritual. Also you recieve the 33rd degree ring, jewel, the white hat, and are able to use a prefix to your signature as well as adding 33.

Many of my friends in the scottish rite(valley of sacramento) are 33rd degree masons. I have known 2 since childhood. They have done great things for their communities and masonry. It is well deserved. They would not take part in anything that conflicted with their faith, church, family, or friends. I am a 32nd degree mason, and don't plan on recieving the 33rd degree. You don't seek it, it is awarded to you for your service. With the title comes great responsiblity.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join