It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: US Air Marshal Shoots Passenger on Flight from Columbia

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I'm beginning to think we are very special people...

Apparently, we are....

link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

Originally posted by jsobecky
This was the person in row 24 of the plane, the guy that dg brought up. He was too far away to be a reliable witness, imo. He wasn't even able to tell what the man and wife were arguing about, and he said he was only a few rows in front of them.

There were first-class passengers who heard the b-word. That trumps a guy in row 24, imo.

I don't think anybody on the plane was far enough away not to hear a man shouting "BOMB".

I live in a very modest house and my living room is 24 feet long.

Then again, your living room doesn't normally have the noise of about 100 or so people, overhead air streaming, turbine engines tacking, etc. etc. Does it?

link   
double post

[edit on 8-12-2005 by loam]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Then again, your living room doesn't normally have the noise of about 100 or so people, overhead air streaming, turbine engines tacking, etc. etc. Does it?

You don't fly very much do you? Or are you suggesting he whispered "I have a bomb"?

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
dg, you are special.

I'm willing to listen to your side. But why doesn't loam answer the discrepancy between the TV and the written interviews of "that John guy"? Why doesn't sofi answer where she read that Alpizar explained that he couldn't lay down without moving the fanny pack? etc., etc.?

They just conveniently ignore or blow over those questions, dg. That's why it is hard to take them seriously.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
You don't fly very much do you? Or are you suggesting he whispered "I have a bomb"?

Ha! What a joke loam! I've flown a google of miles.

But I can tell from that statement of yours that your next flight will be your first.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Jsobecky, i hate to tell you this, right now i am not employed, but i spent the last 20 years of my life working for airlines, namely Delta. I have been onboard at least 38 flights (because they were free), and you do have a shot at looking down the aisle, and hearing...specially someone who is said to have threatened with a bomb. I doubt he wispered it.
The airplane by then must have been very still, everyone looking at the spectacle...

Not even the people just beyond first class heard anything..I'm waiting for a passenger from first class to verify this story.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Oh please..

Did anybody report hearing the Marshalls identify themselves? Or even tell the victim to "stop"? No? Guess they didn't hear that over the noise of the air conditioner.. :shk:

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
You are very special too.

A big mistake may have been made here. That guy had been a missionary spreading Gods word...I guess he couldnt get his "meds" where he was stationed, and had to fly in withdrawal.
What a world we live in!

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 8-12-2005 by jsobecky]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Ha! What a joke loam! I've flown a google of miles.

But I can tell from that statement of yours that your next flight will be your first.

If you knew what I did for a living, and if people who actually knew me saw this, everyone would be shaking their head and say I probably have flown more than 99% of most people. (Trust me, that is not an honor you want...
)

Let's just say that we CLEARLY have a difference of opinion concerning what can be heard from where in a plane.... I completely disagree with your assessment.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Oh please..

Did anybody report hearing the Marshalls identify themselves? Or even tell the victim to "stop"? No? Guess they didn't hear that over the noise of the air conditioner.. :shk:

Another landlubber!

Maybe the kids that the guy in row 24 reported crying were making too much noise.

And yes, people did hear the marshalls yell for the man to stop. Else why the big debate over the fannypack, hmm...???

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Jsobecky, i hate to tell you this, right now i am not employed, but i spent the last 20 years of my life working for airlines, namely Delta. I have been onboard at least 38 flights (because they were free), and you do have a shot at looking down the aisle, and hearing...specially someone who is said to have threatened with a bomb. I doubt he wispered it.
The airplane by then must have been very still, everyone looking at the spectacle...

dg, look at this: btw, the numbers 110 and 105 refer to decibels.

Travel:

Travel Sound Level Hearing Loss After:
Airplane Cabin Noise 110 1 minute, 29 seconds
Subway Platform 105 4 minutes, 43 seconds

Traveling and commuting often put us into environments in which we can be at risk for hearing loss. Buses, planes, cars, and trains all produce dangerous levels of toxic noise. Even common sounds like city traffic can be hazardous to a person’s hearing over long periods of time.

Subways: Although the noise level varies by city, underground and elevated trains often produce sounds of 100 decibels or louder. The New York City subway was recently measured at 112 decibels, a level, which might causes permanently hearing loss.

Airplanes: Airline cabin noise varies depending on the type of plane, usually between 95 and 105 decibels. Passengers seated in the back of the plane may experience higher noise levels, and all passengers should be aware that engine noise during take-off could be upward of 115 decibels.

The rest of it is here:
www.drf.org...

Read it at your leisure - it will open your eyes (and ears, too, loam and mythatsabigprobe).

[edit on 8-12-2005 by jsobecky]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Read it at your leisure - it will open your eyes (and ears, too, loam and mythatsabigprobe).

Well that explains everything!!! I didn't realize that in your alternate reality the plane was in flight!
No wonder our interpretation on the facts are different....

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Well that explains everything!!! I didn't realize that in your alternate reality the plane was in flight!
No wonder our interpretation on the facts are different....

Block all you want, loam. You're only fooling yourself.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Another landlubber!

Maybe the kids that the guy in row 24 reported crying were making too much noise.

And yes, people did hear the marshalls yell for the man to stop. Else why the big debate over the fannypack, hmm...???

Sorry Honey, flown so many times I couldn't hope to count them and mostly longhaul flights with far more people and background noise. I just know 40% of my junkmail is from airlines.

You'll have to point out where anybody other than the Air Marshalls claim they identified themselves and told him to stop, I didn't see that quote anywhere and I don't know what fannypack is being debated.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Block all you want, loam. You're only fooling yourself.

You're right, jsobecky, I no longer have any interest in disturbing your unfettered confidence in the supremacy of all the government tells you or in its expertise to get the job done "by the books..." :shk:

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   

A big mistake may have been made here. That guy had been a missionary spreading Gods word...I guess he couldnt get his "meds" where he was stationed, and had to fly in withdrawal.

Just one of the many discrepancies and contradictions that do not add up no matter how you stack 'em.

Man Shot By Air Marshall Called 'Nice Guy' By Neighbors

"He was a nice guy, always smiling, always talkative," said Louis Gunther, a neighbor who said he was watching Alpizar's home while he and his wife were on a missionary-type trip. "Everybody is talking about a guy I know nothing about."

Wisconsin relatives 'in shock' after man shot by air marshal

Brad Jentsch of Sheboygan, Wis., another brother-in-law, told WITI-TV of Milwaukee that ... "He was a very warm and loving husband to his wife, Anne,'' he said. "In the 20 plus years that we've known him there has never been any kind of an aggressive bone in his body.''

jsobecky - so sorry I was not available at your command. Not.

Here's the quote - you're right, it was McAlhany's observation.

Eyewitness: "I Never Heard the Word 'Bomb'"

Alpizar took off running down the aisle, with his wife close behind him. "She was running behind him saying, 'He's sick. He's sick. He's ill. He's got a disorder," McAlhany recalls. "I don't know if she said bipolar disorder [as one witness has alleged]. She was trying to explain to the marshals that he was ill. He just wanted to get off the plane."

McAlhany described Alpizar as carrying a big backpack and wearing a fanny pack in front. He says it would have been impossible for Alpizar to lie flat on the floor of the plane, as marshals ordered him to do, with the fanny pack on. "You can't get on the ground with a fanny pack," he says. "You have to move it to the side."

Obviously, the Marshalls messed up. Looks like they're trying to destroy several peoples' reputations just to hide their mistake - whatever it was. Compounds the injustice, that does.

dg, loam, mtbp - yeah us.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   

You'll have to point out where anybody other than the Air Marshalls claim they identified themselves and told him to stop, I didn't see that quote anywhere and I don't know what fannypack is being debated.

soficrow posted this:

A witness also reports Alpizar explained he couldn't lie down without moving his fannypack out of the way - so he tried to move it to comply with orders to lie down, and got shot for his efforts.

It might seem normal to some of you that he took the time to explain the workings of a fannypack at this critical moment; all I wanted to see was the quote.

And he wouldn't have been explaining that unless he was in the act of getting face-down, so he must have heard the marshalls yell for him to stop.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   

from sofi
Here's the quote - you're right, it was McAlhany's observation.

Thank you. Makes a world of difference who said it, doesn't it?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join