It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: US Air Marshal Shoots Passenger on Flight from Columbia

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Respond to this scenerio,

Terrorist bomb blows up Plane in Florida, killing all 231 passengers and crew. The Live video feed coming from the cabin of the plane just before detenation showed several Air Marshals with guns drawn, repeatly demanding the suspect to put down the bag believed to house the IED.

Officials are currently reviewing the tapes, trying to determine why the Marshals did NOT shoot when they deemed the suspect a threat.
Blah, blah, blah.......

Get the picture

IMO, it doesn't matter what the outcome is. Someone, in any publisized situation, always becomes a fall guy.

Cliche, damned if you do/ damned if you don't, seems to come to mind quite a bit lately.

The next air marshal may hesitate based on this event, and the outcome can be alot different.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I think Alex Jones Nailed it, when he said:

Public Executions make you feel SAFE!

Shoot a Man from time to time, and the People will belive that they are Safe and Secure and that the Goverment is "Protecting" them against the Evils of Terrorism.

And it's nice to test the skills of Marshals and Police Officers

(Are You making some kind of joke here? Test the skills of the Marshals and Police Officers!
Please take a ride with a Police for a week or two and SEE what kind of skills that are being used. + You sit there and think that it is no big thing to take someones life in the line of doing your job. Sorry but You make me!

If you see someone suspicious, shoot them in the head and become an instant hero; make up story about a bomb, etc and people will pat you on the back and say: "Job well done, that's another terrorist suspect dealt with in the only way possible".

( Some times this does happen. For those who do the job wright and a life is lost, even a bad guys life. Hero does not come to mind at all. You feel happy to be safe and that others are know ok. Please try to see it from the Officers eyes. If You wish say these things go live our life for a week or two and see what it is like. I mean in a big city where you have to fight to make it home to your kids and loved ones on the day to day. I still will my life on the line to keep people like you safe. Seeing this makes Me sick. I know why you say the things you do from the bad apples that we all have. All you need to do is eat ONE bad apple and that would do it for the rest!
Peace b 2 u all.
edited for some of the sp

[edit on 13-12-2005 by Mr101Hazardous]

[edit on 13-12-2005 by Mr101Hazardous]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Okay folks, here are a few things that people have not picked up on during the past few days since this shooting happened.

(1) What this guy told his family he was doing and where he was going is COMPLETELY different from where he did go and where he eventually came from and who he was with at different times.
(2) He was never in his entire life treated for "bi-polar disorder"
(3) Every medical ailment that the familay members supposedly had according to his wife were completely refuted by all of his neighbors, and the supposed family doctors have never heard of them.
(4) He told his wife and neighbors he worked at a certain store - the store said "Huh? Who?" and proceeded to look up all their records and came back and said "He never worked here - ever"
(5) Some reports are coming from Columbia saying he has a whole family over there - under a different name

Who was this guy? He has multiple wives. He goes off to "work" and vanishes into thin air, doing something somewhere - and still returns with more money, he lives in an area where usually families earn about $300k a year total combined income - but with his supposed "job" he would never has made more than $40k at a top end position. He went to somewhere for work - his "job" would never have sent him - they dont send stock people out of the country for "seminars". He obviously went to Columbia and caught a connecting flight back home.

In the end, I think he THOUGHT he had a bomb with him - but maybe they were just testing him to see if he could un-accounced detonate a bomb and never gave him anything live.

Overall, I think he WAS a terrorist in the end, and he got exactly what he deserved.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kokuryu
Okay folks, here are a few things that people have not picked up on during the past few days since this shooting happened.

(1) What this guy told his family he was doing and where he was going is COMPLETELY different from where he did go and where he eventually came from and who he was with at different times.
(2) He was never in his entire life treated for "bi-polar disorder"
(3) Every medical ailment that the familay members supposedly had according to his wife were completely refuted by all of his neighbors, and the supposed family doctors have never heard of them.
(4) He told his wife and neighbors he worked at a certain store - the store said "Huh? Who?" and proceeded to look up all their records and came back and said "He never worked here - ever"
(5) Some reports are coming from Columbia saying he has a whole family over there - under a different name

Who was this guy? He has multiple wives. He goes off to "work" and vanishes into thin air, doing something somewhere - and still returns with more money, he lives in an area where usually families earn about $300k a year total combined income - but with his supposed "job" he would never has made more than $40k at a top end position. He went to somewhere for work - his "job" would never have sent him - they dont send stock people out of the country for "seminars". He obviously went to Columbia and caught a connecting flight back home.

In the end, I think he THOUGHT he had a bomb with him - but maybe they were just testing him to see if he could un-accounced detonate a bomb and never gave him anything live.

Overall, I think he WAS a terrorist in the end, and he got exactly what he deserved.

Please tell me that you have sources for this information. Could you post the links to them? I would like to read them. This could put a whole different view on this.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
My research says the victim was a decent man.

Here's a bit of an update on the Air Marshals:

Head of Federal Air Marshal Service resigns:
Number of marshals expanded after 9/11 from 33 to ‘thousands.’

The head of the Federal Air Marshal Service, Thomas Quinn, has resigned, effective Feb. 3, MSNBC.com has learned.

..."I leave knowing that the Federal Air Marshal Service is an effective, competent federal law enforcement organization that will continue to be an important contributor to the security of the homeland."

Quinn, a former Secret Service agent, came out of retirement to head up the moribund air marshal corps in the wake of the 9/11 attacks.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join