It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 152
<< 149  150  151    153  154  155 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Pathetic.

You are the lowest of the low, scum posting on an internet message board in some kind of social experiment. Preying on the good nature of others to investigate your bullcrap. Leading people through hoops like mice through a maze.

This has been a colossal waste of time.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well, Bill did a heck of a job appearing to be honest. Yet another good lesson learned about trust.

I did suspect something with Chap and Bill, with them both in the UK.

So Chap, where did you guys get the ideas for the story to begin with? It appears to be pieced together from currently circulated UFO lore so that would be my guess.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucianarchy

Originally posted by chapman
Were you not all a bit suspicious about how quickly Bill came out and said that I was legitimate? My next character in the game was going to be this chap. www.boingboing.net...

some of us had you pegged from day one. were you quick enough to see the comments i wrote about your "rollercoaster" post? lol

That is true Shawnaa shot my theory out of the sky with his/her analysis but nobody followed up on it and we moved the thread in a different direction pretty quick.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Looks like the game is up. I tip my hat too google and the people who found the links. This has been a game played by 4 of us based here in the UK. I am not a scientologist. I cannot speak about Bills motives but for myself this was part of a university thesis I am writing about internet rumours. I am sure i will be banned now but if i am allowed to stay for a time I can give you some more details. Hope you enjoyed the game.

Can you explain how someone with 11 posts could have driven a hoax that consists of dozens of posts? In the name of clarity and in an effort to dissuade this sort of thing, this entire thread should be excised and anyone involved in putting forth original info regarding this matter should be banned. It shouldn't even appear in archives. This removes any reward that a hoaxer might be chasing. Let's see how good his "thesis" is when the original material ceases to exist here.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Mods...er SO, I vote to lock the thread and get more info from Chapman via U2U. The thread will quickly spiral out of control from this point forward. Lock it until whether or not any of this can be verified.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
here's the SERPO domain info I found:

Domain Name.......... serpo.org
Creation Date........ 2005-11-18
Registration Date.... 2005-11-18
Expiry Date.......... 2007-11-18
Tracking Number...... D108643382-LROR
Organisation Name.... 4: Property Partners
Organisation Address. Unit 24, Evans Easy Space
Organisation Address. Pitreavie Business Park, 15 Pitreavie Court
Organisation Address. Dunfermline
Organisation Address. KY11 8UU
Organisation Address. Fife
Organisation Address. GREAT BRITAIN (UK)

Good luck trying to cover that up, 'Chapman'.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
"Oh no, we're caught. Quick, use our plan to pretend it was a thesis on something so that they don't look further into our game for recruitment. Distract. Distract."

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucianarchy

Were you not all a bit suspicious about how quickly Bill came out and said that I was legitimate? My next character in the game was going to be this chap. www.boingboing.net...

some of us had you pegged from day one. were you quick enough to see the comments i wrote about your "rollercoaster" post? lol

That is true Shawnaa shot my theory out of the sky with his/her analysis but nobody followed up on it and we moved the thread in a different direction pretty quick.

uh, no. i replied that you would be wise to stick to the "dodgems" in future, but quickly removed it in the hope that you would take enough rope to hang your self with.

you did.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This is my first post in this thread... I stopped reading/caring after about page 5. All I have to ask is:

Really, are you all that surprised?

link   
I'm keeping my side of the jury out until there's more to go on than chapman's "confession." I truly hate to think that any university system is willing to let in someone stupid enough to waste so much of their time trying to prove something that would be obvious by reading a handful of other threads on this site.

Even if this was research into how quickly and hotly a rumour could spread, I think there's much better ways of doing so than to potentially get government officials involved. I'm generally open to seeing a good hoax played out--it teaches us all a little more of what to look out for, as well as to play our cards close to our chest--but I think leading people on for a couple of months is a bit over board.

As I said, I'm going to try and keep my cynicism at bay and let myself be naive enough to see one of the other "official" posts.

link   
Whoever is lying in this thread - Be that Chapman, Bil Ryan or whoever, sure deserves to be banned for etenity...

link   
So ... these were just a bunch of lies to get
people all worked up and to do 'work' checking
out bogus info and making everyone involved
waste time so as not to find out what you were
really up to? Lies and more lies?

Look for these people to become politicians
when they grow up.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
What a colossal waste of time.

I can't understand the evil that must go on inside the mind of someone who would perpetrate a hoax like this on the type of wanting-to-believe people who tend to visit this site!
:shk:

link   

Originally posted by proserpinfrmr
"Oh no, we're caught. Quick, use our plan to pretend it was a thesis on something so that they don't look further into our game for recruitment. Distract. Distract."

A shame they don't have Karl Rove on their staff

Mods..sorry, I had to post the SERPO.org info on here...it needed to be done so they can't get away with 'hiding'. It's all in the open, so forgive me, mods. If anyone wants the link where I found it, feel free to U2U me.

Cheers,

-Sanctum1972

link   

Originally posted by Sanctum1972
here's the SERPO domain info I found:

Domain Name.......... serpo.org
Creation Date........ 2005-11-18
Registration Date.... 2005-11-18
Expiry Date.......... 2007-11-18
Tracking Number...... D108643382-LROR
Organisation Name.... 4: Property Partners
Organisation Address. Unit 24, Evans Easy Space
Organisation Address. Pitreavie Business Park, 15 Pitreavie Court
Organisation Address. Dunfermline
Organisation Address. KY11 8UU
Organisation Address. Fife
Organisation Address. GREAT BRITAIN (UK)

Good luck trying to cover that up, 'Chapman'.

Dunfermline?

Oooh that's not too far from here.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
And The Banned Played On

I am sure i will be banned now but if i am allowed to stay for a time I can give you some more details. Hope you enjoyed the game.

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
We'll let this play out further before making any decisions about the status of member accounts.

Well chapman, there you go: carte blanche to gives us the additional details you have offered to give.

So please, let's see those details!

And please don't dally -- my popcorn's getting cold.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
This is my first post in this thread... I stopped reading/caring after about page 5. All I have to ask is:

Not at all - But seriously, it was just as fun as an ATS game..

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Dunfermline?
Oooh that's not too far from here.

Hmmm ... watch out ya'll. Nerdling is in the
mood to talk a long walk this evening ....
If you hear knocking on your door ... be
afraid ... be VERY afraid ...

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

i'll have to co-sign this statement

after hearing the podcast .. as interesting as it sounded .. it was far more farfetched than the story of michael jackson's DNA running through those 2 helpless kids of his.

hope this doesn't deter anyone from looking into conspiricies, but this one sure didn't have a foundation to lay on other than he-said she-said.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
what i find interesting is that Chapman comes out with this claim, when its KNOWN that bill will not be able to confirm or refute this claim for a week, as he is traveling...that means this "development" has an entire week to take root.

why not make this claim when he comes back...or right before he leaves, so he can answer immediately.

top topics

<< 149  150  151    153  154  155 >>

join